Not entirely sure what it is I just watched but I think I liked it?

Not entirely sure what it is I just watched but I think I liked it?

One of my favourite films, extremely good.

Refn's best

Is it possible to ever dislike anything that has Mads Mikkelsen in it?

it's shit
boring
hardly any dialogue
nothing happens
meme movie

I like Rogue One, but do you?

is refn /ourguy/?

You're on the wrong board, try Reddit.

No because The Neon Demon was very disappointing. He set his own bar too high with Valhalla and Drive, and it didn't deliver.

Yes actually

Nothing happens in this movie. It's literally just Mads walking. Then he dies. People only say it's good to claim hipster art cred, but in reality it's just a shit boring movie of grey landscapes.

Not sure, what is his stance on Jews?

It's literally the wrath of Odin on a world that has abandoned him, how is that boring?

I watched A Royal Affair just because he was in it

It's actually really good

Because he just fucking walks and dies.
It's a cool concept but you faggots need to stop taking concept for product. It's still a boring movie. Like yeah I got what it was about, wow, he's Odin, big deal. Movie was not entertaining.

great pleb filter

I found it super entertaining. One of those movies where you wish it doesn't stop.

>le hipster boogeyman

You don't need constant action to appreciate a movie. The atmosphere the film created the whole way through was enough to keep me interested and entertained and the acting was spot on. Not all movies have to be perfectly rounded in order to be good.

Well OK. I thought it was incredibly dull, but if you enjoyed it I can't really dispute that.

It's just a ripoff of Aguirre, Wrath of God.
And vikings are so overdone, conquistadors are much cooler.

>Historyfag here
I really enjoyed it. I won't claim that people who don't like it just don't "get it"... I can totally understand how people would find it boring, and I just don't think the setting and themes would necessarily resonate with someone who hasn't studied that time and period extensively.

>nothing happens: the flick
Except for the homosex of course. Can't have a film with no homosex anymore.

People loved homosex back then though.

I never asked for constant action. It's a pretty tired cliche to say that anyone who doesn't like your boring art movie just wanted Die Hard. There is little excitement in watching a dude just walk around silently and dying.

Just because it has some message of, "the old ways are dying/dead and Odin has no place in the world etc." doesn't change that it was boring. Again, just because the concept is cool doesn't mean the movie should be excused for basically just being an hour and a half of Mads walking around, not talking, not doing anything. No matter how cool the atmosphere is, no matter how much you like the "mood," no matter how the movie is about the Viking ways and shit, ultimately that is going to fall flat to people who need more than just a dude walking around in that world. Because, admit it, that's 90% of what this film was.

You don't have to agree with me, but that's why I consider the movie a turd.

No, they didn't. Stop projecting, pillow biter

/thread
This should be a pasta. it's going to be, next time some /r/etard makes a thread about this turf

fag

didn't fully understand it but thought it was pretty great. was he supposed to be an incarnation of odin or something?

Read up Odin and Baldr.

It's good but all my friends thought it was boring and stupid.

The boat scenes were the best.

I loved the movie, but you can't argue with this guy. His points are completely valid, and this is just a great example of how subjective films are.

I enjoyed it because of the lack of dialogue, the way things were conveyed without dialogue, the beautiful scenery, the metaphors and themes (most of which would go over 99% of people's heads) and because I like history, I could easily watch Mads "walking around" for an hour and a half because I became immersed in that walking around.

If you like or dislike a movie, that's cool, but it would be nice if people could try to understand the other side's point of view instead of just saying "it's shit" like so many people do on here.

This is Sup Forums not Sup Forums.

great cinematography, mikkelsen killing it as usual but the pacing was too slow for my taste.