So this motherfucker can just conjure fire when it's appropriate but he decides to not use it to stop his friend from...

So this motherfucker can just conjure fire when it's appropriate but he decides to not use it to stop his friend from freezing to death.

How can writing be this bad that the words "we're gonna freeze to death" are uttered in the same fucking scene that he sets the old drunk fart on fire?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.fr/books?id=ZfiREZrremoC&pg=PT279&lpg=PT279&dq=thoros coat wildfyre&source=bl&ots=ZzxvWWTjGt&sig=hwp6skWQJsjhs42WlnKKeuoiv-M&hl=fr&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSr-vhpunVAhWPLlAKHfN_CXkQ6AEIPTAG#v=onepage&q=thoros coat wildfyre&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=Lv0ZZE6egs0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What if... woah... what if he died from the bear wounds?! Woah... and then froze.... mind le blown

He succumbed to his wounds

This is just embarrassing

It doesn't have to make sense it's fantasy

Thoros died from being horribly mauled by a giant zombie polar bear, not freezing to death you mong.

Magical fire isn't hot, it does burn damage on impact

>Just turn your brain off bro

b-b-but... user... it looks cool... like one of those lasorsabers...

the fire starts before he touches the sword with his left hand

Dubs or truth given the best advice, as usual.

I thought they explained that it wasn't magic and that he regularly breaks his swords because the fire weakens the metal?
Back when the hound broke his flaming sword.

No he died from hypothermia, the bear wounds were cauterised

D&D never thought they would have to write plot on their own. George was supposed to finish Winds of Winder years ago and have the final book finished or close to it by now. If anyone is to blame for the current state of the show it's that procrastinating old fuck.

Episode? Why wouldn't you carry several swords then
Giggity

Closing the wounds doesn't mean the damage done goes away. Cauterizing only stopped him from bleeding to death immediately, you don't get mauled by a bear and live on without a hitch just because someone push hot metal against your flesh

He died from his wounds, not the cold. OP should have turned his brain back on.

>ask my friend how Arya could run and jump around days after being stabbed multiple times in the stomach
>Ask my friend how Jon survived hypothermia
>"What is suspension of disbelief" was his exact response

I hate normies

i also like when normies will respond "UMM THE SHOW HAS DRAGONS AND YOU'RE UPSET ABOUT THAT?" as if they don't understand the concept of a fantasy series and things having to make sense even in fantastical worlds

Cauterizing a wound doesn't make all the damage magically disappear.

Cauterised the wounds... yeah, I'm sure he didn't have broken ribs, internal bleeding, or anything else like that. It was cold, and he was the only one that died. I'm starting to think it was probably his wounds.

You people are so desparate to try and hate this show you end up saying stupid shit like this, mindnumbing reading the criticisms you guys have in 90% of the threads

>can just conjure fire when it's appropriate
Why are so many people who watch this show so fucking retarded?

How do we know the wounds were deep and not surface grazes

Am i the only one thats bothered by the fact that Dorne has no relevance in this season? Doran Martell is dead but thats no reason to just leave Dorne out of everything... god this is annoying the fuck out of me

No. What you need to understand is that magic came back into the world when Dany's dragons were born. In the books, Thoros used to coat his swords in wildfyre, which indeed ruined the metal, but ever since the dragons are back he's been able to do it for real. I expect he taught Beric how to do it.

Can you prove beyond doubt how the wounds were
And I hate the books more than the show as he wrote for no one but still fucked up shit, like how large westeros is and titles, and coat of arms and a realistic number of battles along with the soldiers in them, and how mongols worked

he wasnt exactly FREEZING to death

more like "i got half-eaten by a fucking zombie bear" to death

I assumed he just puts some kind of oil on his blade

Everyone knows when you kill a leader their armies disappear

>ignoring the storm lands and what happened to Greyworm

>Can you prove beyond doubt how the wounds were
Well, no. But you can't prove beyond doubt anything else either. You're just being silly now.

if they fucked dorne up as hard as they did when they DID have good source material, how good do you think dorne could possibly be when they don't?

Source
I'm not that's what I'm assuming, because if it was the mauling he wouldn't have died in his sleep but stayed awake and had a scrunched up face

It doesn't matter.

you are having a good point there i guess but they could have at least tried to pull some bullshit explanation to why the Dornish army has no relevance rather than just leaving it out and not talking about it at all

Fire swords are the stupidest shit ever. It literally offers no advantage over a regular sword that isn't on fire. It just makes you look like a total fucking fool.

when arya meets the brotherhood without banners and hound fights ressurected Beric

Because we literally seen the bear digging and bitting into his torso you complete retard

Because they're stuck in dorne due to lack of transport ships which is why yara greyjoy was out there
Stupid but it can be followed

No because almost everything relating to Dorne has been shit in the show and it's better that they don't write anything about it when there is so little of the show left and it's ultimately irrelevant to the current plot

books.google.fr/books?id=ZfiREZrremoC&pg=PT279&lpg=PT279&dq=thoros coat wildfyre&source=bl&ots=ZzxvWWTjGt&sig=hwp6skWQJsjhs42WlnKKeuoiv-M&hl=fr&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSr-vhpunVAhWPLlAKHfN_CXkQ6AEIPTAG#v=onepage&q=thoros coat wildfyre&f=false

>The flames swirled about his sword and left red and yellow ghosts to mark its passage. Each move Lord Beric made fanned them and made them burn the brighter, until it seemed as though the lightning lord stood within a cage of fire. “Is it wildfire?” Arya asked Gendry. “No. This is different. This is…” “…magic?” she finished as the Hound edged back. Now it was Lord Beric attacking, filling the air with ropes of fire, driving the bigger man back on his heels.

— ARYA VI, A STORM OF SWORDS

Actually it looks pretty cool

Except if you're fighting a wight. Or the Hound. Or anybody who's afraid of fire.

A proper Dornish alliance with the Lannisters would be interesting, and they could completely avoid any scenes in Dorne itself.

Maybe have a member of house Dayne show up to mirror Robert's rebellion?

LOOK FAGGOTS! THEY WERE NEVER GONNA FREEZE! TORMUND EXPLAINED IT GENDRY!

MAN-LOVE! THE HAD SEX TO STAY WARM! THEY DID ALOT OF FUCKING ON THAT ISLAND TO SURVIVE!

Horses aren't a fan of fire. You could definitely gain an advantage over a mounted opponent with a fire sword.

why the fuck does thoros have a flaming sword too?

Season 3 Episode 3 in the shows

Wrong. The Dornish just have to push through the Marches. Another reason to bring in house Dayne.

Thoros is the OG flaming sword guy. He's been doing it forever, he's well-known for it.

Because he's a red priest

correct me if i am wrong but couldnt they just get from Dorne to Kings Landing by foot ?

So uhhh how many days were they sitting on that ice block waiting for Gendry to run to the wall, for the raven to each Dany down in Dragonstone, and for her to fly up to meet them?

>Lannister and dorne ever getting along
Which wastes men

it's like they can't decide if it's a trick or real magic

here it ignites on its own, like the fire is unnatural
but in the hound's trial scene he's shown using his hand to ignite the sword, indicating some sort of flammable coating + hand-flint combo

You have to cross a very fortified border with mountains to get from dorne to anywhere else, so they'd have 1/10th their forces by the end, and more light infantry doesn't really benefit them

As far as we see on screen, they were only a few hours walk from the wall. Gendry runs back in a few hours, half a day for the bird to fly down, half a day for the dragons to fly up.

It just about adds up.

>A proper Dornish alliance with the Lannisters

THEY RAPED HER. THEY MURDERED HER. THEY KILLED HER CHILDREN.

>humans are always 7°C away from coma

1/4 a day

It's certainly not real magic because Beric has no fucking idea how it works. Thoros doesn't even. They just believe that everything that happens is in the Lord's pla- fuck it I don't even care about this shit anymore forget it

Yep, but the reach could confront them. Either way it won't happen because the Dornish aren't loyal to Dany, the Martell bastards are dead, they were never real heads of house Martell anyways. The Dornish don't give a fuck about the Targaryens, they told Aegon to go fuck himself and then proceeded to fuck him in the ass when he tried invading.

That was probably the show's way of hinting at Jon being immuned to cold. It literally served no other purpose since they could have had Jon being overwhelmed and Benjen showing up to save him anyway. Dany is immune to fire, Jon is immune to ice. It's like poetry.

No she's immune to fire because she did blood magic

It takes a lot to lower your core body temperature.

takes a while for the outside cold to reach the inner organs

honestly if you don't pass out for some reason, don't get wet and are adequately covered this isn't a problem

The only people who hated them were house Martell. If you haven't noticed, house Martell doesn't exist anymore, all of its members are dead.

yes and that was a one time thing

This. Even in the episode, Jorah told the story about Thoros during the assault on Pyke, which would have happened around twenty years prior.

In the books, right after he came to Westeros, he realized he could win tournaments by scaring people because no one wanted to fight a guy with a flaming sword, then he and Bobby B became drinking buddies.

It wouldn't take a massive variance for the Earth to be out of the Goldilocks zone, then we all die pretty quickly. Life isn't as resilient as we'd like to think.

kek what the fuck are you talking about? If you're talking about the witchy ritual to save Drogo you're wrong, she's shown to be "the Unburnt" in the very first episode, when she enters a bath of scalding water.

It's already happened twice.

Dragon Egg hatching & dothraki leader hut burning down months (years?) later.

>which would have happened around twenty years prior.

more like ten years. Theon Greyjoy was 8 when he was brought to Winterfell. 20 years is before even Robert's Rebellion.

i know, however that was inconsistent with the books, as D&D have no idea what was GRRM's idea and continued with hurr i no burn

Dorne theoretically should be in a state of civil war right now.
House Martell had every house in Dorne under their rule, now they're extinct.

LMAO just watching now. Why the fuck would Uncle Ben even get off the horse in the first place? He could have just gotten Jon to hop on with him.

Was it actually Dany's dragons that did that? Couldn't it be the comet that flew over the world when that happened?

youtube.com/watch?v=Lv0ZZE6egs0

>Dorne
>good source material

ayy

Fuck, you're right. For a second, I forgot how to timeline worked in the books. The show has been going on so long, I get mixed up sometimes, especially with the initial ageing up and actors getting older.

The two might be connected but the dragons coming back is definitely what made magic come back. It's mentioned a few times in the books and at least once in the show by that warlock dude in Qarth.

ARYA HAS FUCKING HALLOWEEN MASKS

LMAO THIS SHIT IS ABYSMAL

LITERALLY UNWATCHABLE

>use flaming sword
>wounds cauterize immediately on impact

>implying Dorne chapters aren't best chapters
wew lad

Also, if the faces are physical props then what does she do about imitating someone else's body? A man's for example? Is the face a practical effect but the bodies she imitates magic??

hi

>"the dragons are muh children" for seven seasons
>one of them dies
>"fuck it, you look hot Jon LMAO"

Its explained that the thing with the swords is not wholly magic and are instead specially made swords with reservoirs of a flammable substance. Im all for bitching about inconsistencies but this isnt one of them

it's all magic, don't ask

Wouldn't it be funny if Beric ended up being Azor Ahai?

The lord of light works in mysterious ways

When was this explained exactly?

Jon is undead. That's about as magic as you can get.

I know for a fact its explained in the books, it could have been left out of the show. Let me try to find it

>7°C
That's like 30 real degrees, you spaz

>"the dragons are muh children"
The thing that's bugged me most about that is that Dany treats them like weapons. She rides them around and has them burn people for her. Having dragons, and the ability to burn everything, is her justification for everything. I've never thought she acted like she cared about them any more than they were useful to her. If she really cared about them like they were her children, would she really treat them like weapons?

The books say it's magic read