Why didn't they just take the fucking polar bear back and call it a day?

Why didn't they just take the fucking polar bear back and call it a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ecps6L5M0Gs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Writing is beyond shit.

Shit writing

How the fuck are they meant to carry a fucking polar bear alive?

because it weighs 1500lbs and is massively strong?

what? how would they carry a massive undead bear?

cut all 4 legs

Because obsidian now completely destroys zombies. That's how they took it out, someone poked it with an obsidian stick. while Thoros was distracting it by being murdered.

Wouldn't that mean a single obsidian arrow would obliterate the wight dragon?

thats like 1k lbs if you cut the 4 legs and his mouth so he doesnt bite
they were like 10 people before most dying fighting
thats 100 lbs
they just load it in the back and walk slowly
tada

ugh no sweetie that wouldnt be exciting and bring in money! also delete this!

Why did anybody do anything they fucking did during that shit episode?

Why didnt the nights king attack the dragon that was (1) way closer (2) NOT flying around (3) sitting still on the ground because a lot of people was climbing onto it?

Why didnt they just bring a prisoner north of the wall, execute him there, and bring his zombified ass down south?

Why didnt the nights king throw a spear at them while they were trapped on the middle of the island?

Why didnt they use the flaming sword to stay warm?

Why did benjen super all of a sudden show up, out of nowhere? Was he just watching the whole time?

Why does it take longer for ice to freeze than it does for (1) gendry to run to the wall (2) a raven to fly from the northernmost part to nearly the southernmost part of a whole fucking continent (3) daenerys to fly all the way up again?

Did I miss anything?

good question

>Cut legs off thousand pound bear.
>Still super fucking heavy and need to carry it all the way to Kings Landing.
>Bear doesn't prove there is an army of the dead.
Great idea.

Probably a better idea would have been to take the redshirt who was killed by the bear back to eastwatch and wait for him to turn. Idk, that just seems like it would have been easier.

All those things bothered me (plus why didn't dragon queen just attack the Night King then and there?) but I enjoyed the episode the most so far this season. I think it was the better dialogue in this one.

>but I enjoyed the episode the most so far this season

>Why didnt they just bring a prisoner north of the wall, execute him there, and bring his zombified ass down south?
how the fuck do you zombify out of thin north air?
>Why did benjen super all of a sudden show up, out of nowhere? Was he just watching the whole time?
maybe it will be answered later idk
>Why does it take longer for ice to freeze than it does for (1) gendry to run to the wall (2) a raven to fly from the northernmost part to nearly the southernmost part of a whole fucking continent (3) daenerys to fly all the way up again?
it had frozen before the dead were just too dumb to notice

the rest are good questions though fuck this bullshit show
all they had to do was go down that piece of land every once in a while and hit the ice with the hammer all around them so it would be permanently water

Why the fuck didnt they just cut off the head?

>>Bear doesn't prove there is an army of the dead.
nothing really proves it the idea is dumb to begin with
carrying it would only be a problem till they reached the wall then the ship would do its job

how did dany travel across the fucking continent in less than a day? do dragons have jet engines? how did she not fly off or freeze to death at that speed? how did jon not drown? how did he fight off 2 wight while drowning? how did he not freeze to death?

Its half decayed with no water its going to weight a fraction of that
Plus they brought sleds along :)

I think that would kill him and killing him makes them disappear or something but im probably wrong

Why did the seven best fighting men in all of Westeros need a woman to rescue them?

fuck off back to Sup Forums
none of the woman feminist bullshit here
the whole show is bullshit even without bringing that into it

Well, I mean its a giant undead polar bear head with blue eyes

>Why didnt they just bring a prisoner north of the wall, execute him there, and bring his zombified ass down south?
I think people need to be killed by a zombie to become a zombie.

Then why do they burn all the dead?

they always make a point of needing to burn in the bodies, and i recall atleast in the books, anyone who dies north of the wall becomes a wight. not just those who are killed by wights

because the zombies would get to the dead and make them zombies
so zombie + alive = zombie
zombie + dead = zombie

Why take any chances? Consider the effort it takes to burn something vs. fighting off a bloodthirsty wight.

You think even 7 men could physically restrain an undead polar bear while they hack away at it's neck?

He wanted his mount to be stylish shiny green not dirty black.

That's the stupidest fucking idea I've ever hear of go jump off a cliff.

zombies are made by the ice niggas

DAMN

Why nigger.

why didnt they fucking do 6 more episodes and end this show
need to wait a whole year for 6 fucking episodes
this show rose so much in popularity and they have no fucking budget to make it 10 eps each
what the fucking bullshit is this? everyone has been teleporting back and forth

SNAFU

???
YASSS QUEEEN SLAY

>1st season/books
>can chop the corpses to pieces, they'll still come after you Return of the Living Dead style

>the fanfiction series
>can beat them to death, even weaker than conventional zombies, even die en masse if you kill their "leader"

BRAVO

why didn't they just take jamie or someone scouting north of the wall.

Why didn't the flaming swords effectively fuck up the wights like fire has done in the past?
Why not pass all their weapons to Beric and Thoros to be lit up, especially that useless hammer?
Where did they get the chains for the dragon?
How did the attach the chains to the dragon?
How did this group manage to put up more of a fight, against worst odds, than Barristan Selmy managed?

That would be too convenient.

In first season they established that limbs reanimate. Presumably they should be able to bring back just the head or just the legs.

Although maybe you could argue it was too dangerous to be able to dismember instead of kill with fire.

>even die en masse if you kill their "leader"

What's wrong with that? Wights kept alive by magic is a pretty common trope. Once the magic of the one who raised them goes it seems fine for them to collapse.

If theres one thing this show is good at its cgi.
What are some video games with cool dragons? And I mean good graphics too not just cool idea and a 2d pixelshit execution. Does witcher 3 have dragons?

>Why not pass all their weapons to Beric and Thoros to be lit up, especially that useless hammer?
How the fuck do they light their swords on fire anyway?

honestly, i feel like the only valid question is there is how they got the chain

they burn corpses so that if the white walkers come by they can't reanimate them except now d&d have sinbad claymation skeletons running around so that makes no sense in the show

GJ, user. You are now in a list. Enjoy the rest of your short fucking life.

??????? (not him)

You need to play Skyrim.

thoros uses wildfire in the books I think and someone said beric uses his own blood but I can't remember if thats true

> I see a dude lit up his fucking sword and make it x5 powerful
> I don't give a fuck

Jon and Fuckboys CO.

>why didn't they just take the massive undead beast that almost killed them all by itself that they barely managed to defeat, even though they had two fire sword users within the ranks

I don't fucking know OP. Why didn't your mom abort you?

i think some character (i think its jaime, cant remember) speculates that thoros is full of shit, but we now know he clearly isnt (wasnt)

there was some wood in the shot of the dragon being pulled out, so from a ship

>Why didnt the nights king attack the dragon that was (1) way closer (2) NOT flying around (3) sitting still on the ground because a lot of people was climbing onto it?

He attacked the flying dragon because it was an immediate danger to his army.

>bitch so fat her gut hangs over the bar

Also, does anybody really give a fuck about the dragons? It's not like they are characters or anything.

>got writer
dont you have shit to make up for next season?

Don't play , dragons there are complete shit. Go for dragon's dogma and enjoy getting buttfucked but huge dragons out of nowhere

Being burned probably prevents whatever ice demon magic they use from working.

The problem with speculating and bitching about the wights is that we know nothing about them. The Night King touched Viserion to raise him, but the wight who attacked Jon and Jeor in season 2 woke on it's own.
We have no idea how they do it, and neither do the characters in the show. All they know is that wights are weak to fire, and that if a corpse is burned it never is turned.
Everything else is fan theory or speculation.

Hey! Who are you calling short, buster?

actually, that kindof makes sense

samefagging so hard
the one controlling the dragon was on the standing one
kill it you kill the controller of the 2 other dragons gg ez

Didn't you notice when the first one the Hound hit got back up and attacked him?

Everything Jon or Jorah hit went down permanently because they were using Dragonsteel and Dragonglass, respectively.

But all the others did was chop them apart in a manner that would impede their ability to keep fighting. If you cut off the legs of a wight, it can't swing a sword at you.

>Why didnt the nights king attack the dragon that was (1) way closer (2) NOT flying around (3) sitting still on the ground because a lot of people was climbing onto it?
Because shooting Drogon means the other two could get away. Shooting Viserion means Drogon would take time to take off, and that time could used to fell a second dragon. Learn simple logic
I swear to god, this has to be bait at this point, but once again WW are needed to create wight. You just don't zombify out of nowhere north of the Wall, and no, there is not a single scene that contradicts it
>Why didnt the nights king throw a spear at them while they were trapped on the middle of the island?
>using limited anti-dragon ammo to kill low-level human enemies
>Why didnt they use the flaming sword to stay warm?
Because it has a timer, since I assume energy is required to keep it on?
>Why did benjen super all of a sudden show up, out of nowhere? Was he just watching the whole time?
probably
>Why does it take longer for ice to freeze than it does for (1) gendry to run to the wall (2) a raven to fly from the northernmost part to nearly the southernmost part of a whole fucking continent (3) daenerys to fly all the way up again?
It's not known how much time it took for the ice for freeze. For all it's known it could be frozen hours before Hound threw the stone. NK was not in a rush

>woke on it's own
in the books that wight had blue eyes, but when he was alive he didn't so he was turned north of the wall and brought back to castle black turned the whole time waiting to kill Mormont

No it doesn't. If he kills main dragon it is GG. There is no war. WW just win.

GRRM has said he didn't design the magic in ASOIAF to be the usual nonsensical faggotry in D&D type stuff. It makes way more sense that you burn a corpse it doesn't reanimate because it's tissues are too damaged. There aren't any spooky skellingtons in the book incase you didn't know and also there is that hand thorne had that only stops moving after rotting.

I like the part where you conveniently forget he was also killed by a WW

You want to know why a handful of guys didn't overpower a zombie bear? Did you not watch the show? Shit, when it came to capturing a NORMAL wight, they dogpiled onto that shit just to subdue it.

Besides, they went up there to capture a wight to prove White Walkers are bringing an army of risen dead soldiers to wage war, not to prove zombie bears exist. As it stands now, even with the wight in tow, I suspect Cersei won't be entirely convinced, she'll suspect trickery. If they showed up with a bear, when they've been promising an undead person? Yeah, she'd be even less convinced.

We know nothing about White Walkers and their society, if they even have one. Maybe they have smiths, maybe they have magic that can make chains, maybe they found them buried in snow.

And the time restraint is invalid, because the show doesn't say how long after the battle they raised Viserion. We assume it was moments later, because of the pacing and the lack of decay, but 1) we can't assume it was directly after unless it's said, and 2) things decay slowly in the cold, and the lake was likely fresh so no salt water speed rotting.

don't you have to nitpick more popular shows in a vain attempt to validate your own intelligence on the internet

so wouldnt the walker have fallen apart if they had taken him through the wall? guess they got around that by flying him over but that wasn't the plan in the beginning

the water hadn't refrozen so it couldn't have been long

>killed by a WW
except we literally don't know how that guy died... his body was just found and brought back

I also read the books, but the wights in the show are markedly different than the ones in the book.

If show wights can rot to pieces and keep going, then obviously rot isn't an issue.

no the wall doesn't stop wights, at least not if they're carried by people

Why did Benji sacrifice himself? Couldn't horse easy carry 2 guys?

nah. the 2 rangers who died north of the wall where brought back to castle black trough the wall and woke up on the other side.

I bet the night's king marked the wight that they captured so that he could bypass the wall's magic the same way he marked bran to bypass the three eyed raven's barrier

except there is literally a scene about the dude dying to a WW

Why does giving them a quick slash kill them? Some of them are mostly skeletons, and they die from a cut to the ribs?

Yes, yes. And the night king knows everything too and everything was planned by him from the start. No bad writing at all.

ahh okay thanks

>lit up his fucking sword and make it x5 powerful
What difference would that really make besides creating a huge risk of burning yourself?

>and that time could used to fell a second dragon

except it wasn't

show also had the thorne arm bit

it would be slower with 2 guys. so either they wouldn't be able to outrun the enemy or jon would've frozen to death before reaching the wall.

It was written pretty shit though, now it looks like benjen just killed himself for no reason.

This. They were two miles from the wall. They should have brought the fucking polar bear.

Was it really a good idea to take a couple of dudes north of the wall, knowing that the Night King has a huge army that Jon Snow has said multiple times they can only defeat if they unite the entire realm?

youtu.be/ecps6L5M0Gs
>While it stands the dead cannot pass

Because the seven best men can't defeat an army of the undead by themselves. Dany was the equivalent of a rescue helicopter anyway.

>nitpick
theres a plothole or plotarmor every 5 mins lately
this show sucks so much i dont know how it got so popular

jon just came out of a frozen lake he'd be dead in 5 minutes

The problem is DnD write themselves into holes and only care about the WOW factor

>you have two dragons within range, one flying and another chilling in the ground
>if you shoot the grounded one, the flying one can evade out of range immediately
>if you shoot the flying one, the grounded one would still take some time to generate enough lift to fly away, and that time you could kill it, thus nailing two dragons
>also the flying one is actively fucking your army, while the grounded one is just roaring like a retarded

And yet, people don't understand this simple line of thought

>except there is literally a scene about the dude dying to a WW
no there isn't

his body was found. Maybe you're thinking of the dudes dying in the 1st episode but there is no way you are that retarded user