Seriously though can anything even compete? I can't find anything else to watch...

Seriously though can anything even compete? I can't find anything else to watch. I watched the first two episodes of The Wire and I don't think I like it.

try Deadwood

the wire is pure trash, don't waste your time watching it

try six feet under, the best show with the best ending ever

The shield, doesn't compare but still pretty good

user with finishing sopranos you have entered the end of TV quality. Everything will seem a little less impressionable now. It is the ultimate double edged sword.

Burn Notice is the only show better than Sopranos, check it out ASAP

Is Six Feet Under worth watching if I already saw the finale?

I will give it a look

what at the end tho

no
no
definitely not. pretentious schlock after season
lemme tell you a couple a three things. Sopranos is the peak of television dramas, nothing comes close. not the wire, mad men, breaking bad, whatever the fuck. it was the first to do the human condition drama, and it did it the best. the acting is unmatched in any drama series before or after. the humor is also surprisingly smart and well written, as are the twists.

>Is Six Feet Under worth watching
god yes

>if I already saw the finale?
why, lad. WHY

Where can I see it in HD?

six feet under >> sopranos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else

*Heavy breathing*

OZ was pretty good. Try madmen

no tv show is that good or even worth watching besides "lol just disconnect my brain for an hour lmao", every single idea or story told in tv shows has a better and shorter version made in a movie

people who know about it say there aren't more than 20 basic conflicts, tv shows aren't inventing anything new, so it isn't worth watching dozens of hours of them just to listen to a tale, just watch a movie

shut the fuck up you absolute coward.

The Shield compares to The Sopranos in pretty much every way. The Finale of The Shield is actually arguably better in pretty much every way as well...

This guy's a fucken asshole who probably doesn't know his own parents. Don't listen to him OP.

The Sopranos is shit. Bunch of American-Italian fatties trying to act all tough in dogpatch New Jersey. Unlikeable characters I didn't care about either, just some dumbfucks who didn't even graduate high school trying to intimidate their way to the top of the food chain. I never understood why people love this series so much

Mad Men was on my radar. I watched the first episode and it didn't really hook me.

Because I'm fucking stupid

>people who know about it say there aren't more than 20 basic conflicts

You might actually be the stupidest person on this site currently... Congratulations?

you've never read a book about literature?

Mad Men is similar to The Wire in that you'll need at least 3 episodes before you can really make an informed opinion on whether to continue.

The Sopranos, The Wire and Deadwood is the greatest triumvirate of shows, Mad Men is not far behind.

finook detected.

deadwood is so good it got cancelled and has no ending

season 4 is on the way

mad men had a really, really strong pilot though. it was like a standalone movie. pretty easy to decide to keep watching after that.

imo, sopranos' pilot has a weird tone that didn't match the rest of the series.

The S3 ending was enough for me.

it has less black people than the wire

they've saying that for years

t. butthurt finocchio

I like The Americans even if last season was a drag. It's well acted.

Quarry was a good one off show. Very well shot and acted

The Knick is good but people like to get all /pol here when it's brought up.

The West Wing has no right being as entertaining as it was.

Certain seasons of 24 are among some of the best things aired.

Bloodline season one is fantastic

Friday night lights is well written and acted except for season 2 because of the writers strike

If you want buddy operator action try Strikeback seasons 2-5

Nip/tuck has a fun two first seasons.

The Wire is great but it's more of one of those shows that pay off the longer you watch it.

That's all I got off the top of my head.

Burn Notice gets repetitive. I stopped around the time where he meets some behind the scenes black guy.

>unlikeable characters
Opinion discarded

The Wire is better, you just need to watch the first three seasons of it to start understanding why.

The wire is really good; it's a comment about corruption and society, about how doing the good thing in the end is pointless.
Sopranos is much more personal, it dwels on the human soul, it makes you take the point of view of a really piece of shit guy and makes you wander: is he truly evil or there's some good in him.

the wire is the sons of anarchy tier - garbage

No, it's not. In my country's literature, we have a representative book that about country life, how running after money and disregarding everything else fucks you up. It starts with this literary device: a window situated above the village that the action is set in, the narrator being completly objective. I think the wire is presented just like that.

Wat

I watched the first episode of Deadwood but didn't like it too much, the character seemed too comic-like?
Also the sheriff dude doesn't fit

If you couldnt get past two episodes of the wire then you're a little bitch who doesn't deserve to watch a great show.

Both it and sopranos are god tier shows.

The Sopranos is just a little better than The Wire, but the wire is more depressing and heart breaking.

The greatest show of all time is Seinfeld

I feel like the Wire is something that needs to be watched, it's really, really good television but it doesn't have the re-watch value of the Sopranos or BB for me. The Sopranos gets better every time I re-watch it, there are so few filler episodes and the subtle humor gets better and better. You always find new things and references from past episodes you didn't notice before.

The Wire is a slow burn. It'll take a few episodes to decide whether you like it. My second favorite show after The Sopranos is The Shield. Best finale in television. Also check out True Detective season one, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Six Feet Under, Justified.

t. flambé

the holy trinity of tv

Probably because it still had a lot of the overt comedy and satire elements that were supposed to be a much bigger part of the show. I think Gandolfini did an interview where he said the show as originally pitched to him was more like a live action Simpsons than a serious drama.

Get a load of this mulignan

The Shield pretty much shits on both the Wire and the Sopranos. Well, shits might be an exaggeration, but it is as good if not better in my opinion.

It gets overlooked by plebeians on Sup Forums because it's old, came out at a bad time and didn't get the publicity it deserves, but it's pretty much flawless. The main character is the most interesting you'll see on TV and it's got arguably the best finale ever.

>the best ending ever

this is how I know you're just posting for a laff. dude everyone dies eventually lmao

kys moolie

Let's not blow things out of proportion here

I like the stuff in The Americans that isn't over the top action shit. Do they get more into like domestic subversives working with the KGB? My favorite stuff was exploring the sympathies of that Black Civil Rights Leftist that the female lead had an emotional affair with. It was interesting seeing an American movie not just go "le ebil commies wanna destroy muh freedoms" and actually try to put some nuance into it.

Wasn't The Shield on TBS or USA network or some wanna be premium cable network? The character was basically Hurk from The Wire anyway

I read recently that Milch has finished the script, but who knows if it'll ever happen.

I feel ya OP. The wire has agonizing dialogue. Every character has this weird intonation to their speech. Something is off. Plus the narrative is very boring.

Nope. Nothing can.

I still to this day do not understand the ending to sopranos

Seasons 1+2 are pretty gud, the rest you watch because you're invested. the intonation is probably because nobody really knows what a bmore accent is but tries their best to emulate it anyways plus mcnulty is a legit fresh off the boat mick or something

>CARMELLAAAAAA

LAAAANNNNAAAAAAAA

btfo

Buy the blu ray box set. Seriously, just do it.

Nothing really out of proportion. There's many interesting characters in the Shield, and maybe the protagonist isn't the most interesting ever conceived in a TV show, but he sure as hell is the most fun to watch. I guess the tone of the show also really suits me more than other shows like the Wire for example, as it doesn't take itself as seriously.

I also forgot to mention that The Shield has the best pilot I've ever seen (although I have a soft spot for the X-Files pilot as one of the first shows I ever watched). The Wire and The Sopranos, I kept on watching because I knew they were acclaimed and I had to stick with it. Trying out The Shield was a gamble, but the pilot hooked me and never let go, unlike other shows.

Oh fuck off you hick

I would encourage you to stick to The Wire user. It's one of the few things so good that I'd ever bother rewatching it.

>I watched the first two episodes of The Wire and I don't think I like it
t. everyone who has ever watched The Wire

I recommended it to my brother and he was like, "Hurr can't understand all the black slang, it's too lame for me, it's moving too slow, what's the plot"

Then a few weeks later after he's finished marathoning it, he tells me it was the best show he'd ever seen.

The Shield is like an awful rendition of Walker Texas Ranger. Only meat-heads ever liked it.

Alright, I'll keep watching it. But if it's a "boo-hoo this poor criminal just couldn't help but murder people due to his upbringing and environment" kind of show then I'm bailing.

What are you trying to find? There may be shows that are more entertaining but there are not any other shows with as much character depth as The Sopranos.

Well if you're a polturd with very strong racial beliefs you'll probably hate it, but it's a very well done show that focuses on what happens in the drug world as well as the average police force. Plus Aidan Gillen is in it in season 5, and he's a great actor.

Teen Wolf
The last season has become a little too le drumpf xD but it's still quality

The Sopranos is a real work of art. The way they were able to build characters up so well that the audience could sense their entire mental state without even speaking a word is something no other show has been able to do.

Something interesting with likable characters with some humor. Dislike sitcoms, police procedurals and medieval/fantasy.

Did Carmella ever shut the door?

Then watch The Wire

Twin Peaks Season 3 is literally the greatest work of art in the medium of Television ever created.

Not kidding by the way.

Good taste

OH! Madonn', da bawls on dis prick!

Boardwalk Empire is worth checking out. It's written by one of the main producers from The Sopranos. It's based on similar concepts as The Sopranos with the main character balancing his personal life with his role as the head of a crime syndicate during the prohibition era.

Rome

Nope, no other show develops such a universe with so many enjoyable characters and storylines consistently.

The Wire's probably my favorite show due to its themes of nihilism/fatalism, as well as its ability to simultaneously humanize and demonize all of its characters.

Beadie may be the only character without a flaw in the show, but she's only in something like 20 episodes over 4 seasons, and never is relevant past season 2.

I just realized that The Sopranos still had more viewers than Game of Thrones does today. Even with the power of the internet marketing GoT to billions of people across social media it still hasn't reached the height of fame that The Sopranos managed to reach mainly through word of mouth.

the last two seasons are terrible. Margot is a fucking cunt.

The show is actually pretty good if you skip past her scenes. I started doing it after the first season never missed a significant plot point.

Am i the only one who's favorite character on Sopranos is Janice? She's a female version of Tony in every and every line she speaks is so real to how this kind of person would be. I love how theres 2 seperate scenes of her getting decked right in the face and the tone and your own reaction as a watcher are a complete 180. With Richie its an "oh shit!" reaction but with Svetlana's leg its "fuck yea fuck you janice". Plus her being a totally awful mother to the poor orphaned Baccalieri kids, plus later her own daughter, and a manipulative bitch wife to Bobby. Its as subtle as it is dark as fuck.

Man vs man, man vs woman, man vs nature, man vs society, man vs himself, etc. There are about 20 of these and you can't really go beyond that.

I like The Sopranos more that The Wire, but man season 2 is really something else.

In my first watch, I didn't really enjoy season 2, but my second watch it just clicked and blew me away.

That's because you're stupid. Did you barely get a 3.0 from a state school? There's your answer.

You're not really supposed too. It's open to interpretation.

She ended up being her mother.

Yea but an even worse version since the kids shes fucking up arent even her kids, and her runaway kid Harpo (actually its Hal now) implies shes always been as shitty at being a parent as she is at being a person

>i wonder whats French Canadian for I grew up without a mother
>Sacre Bleu! Where is me mama!

this
I actually enjoyed every season more in the second watch but season 2 was just fucking amazing.

are you sure about that? I was watching got with my dad yesterday and he told me GoT had to be the most succesful HBO show of all time and i wasnt sure if Sopranos was more succesful or not.

breaking bad

>I watched the first two episodes of The Wire and I don't think I like it.
pleb= filtered

ehh, she was strict with bobbys kids but she handled them way better than livia did hers.

haters gonna hate