Movies as good as Perfect Blue? Not talking about anime only

Movies as good as Perfect Blue? Not talking about anime only

They said Black Swan was influenced by Perfect Blue but I didn't see it.

I watched Paprika around the same time and liked it more tbqh

If you liked Perfect Blue then watch Blue Velvet.

black swan is not even half as good as perfect blue

I don't think you've ever watched Sunset Boulevard.

I think Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are more fitting Lynch films to watch after Perfect Blue.

Obligatory

talking about the way the movie is told, satoshi kon style is not in any way near like david lynch style, they both different

What's that on the right?

I've never watched SSB or Perfect Blue, but isn't Perfect Blue supposed to be similar to Mulholland Drive? If so, Mulholland is most likely better. The ramp-up in the acting from beginning to end itself would make for a more interesting concept than a behind-the-scenes Hollywood thriller in animation.

the only good shit about this film was the gangrape scene

Requiem for a dream

Thanks friendo

>watching old movies
filtered, cuckboy

No problem

How's puberty going user?

>I've never watched SSB
It's completely unrelated to the other two. Unless you're a pretentious faggot who classifies them all as 'noir'.

>isn't Perfect Blue supposed to be similar to Mulholland Drive?
No, it's pretty much the story of Black Swan in a different setting but done earlier. So much so that Nolan was accused of ripping it off.

said Nolan, meant Aronofsky.

Satoshi Kon was really good at blending reality and dreams/fantasy. Never seen it done as well in animation or live action. Real shame he died.

too soon

>A startling and powerful film. If Alfred Hitchcock partnered with Walt Disney they'd make a picture like this.
>It's like Skyrim with guns.

Critics should be killed.

>isn't Perfect Blue supposed to be similar to Mulholland Drive?
not at all. It's actually kinda similar to Fight Club, but less shit

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

Angel Heart 1987(not the anime).

this film started my rape fetish

Satoshi Kon was a great director, he didn't make a single piece that isn't worth admiring.