/djt/ - Daily Japanese Thread #1981

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous thread: * Did you know? Learning Japanese is impossible! Not even the Japanese can speak it. It's *that* difficult.

Attached: djt10.png (1000x750, 721K)

Other urls found in this thread:

djtarchive.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#㊤だけ
kotobank.jp/
djtarchive.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#㊦に(5)
kobun.weblio.jp/content/其の事に候ふ
weblio.jp/content/で候
youtu.be/KUAiYVArqg8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So this guy doesn't feel like confessing to a girl as he doesn't want to bother her. His friend over here tries to persuade him.

I don't get the first speech bubble. I understand all the words but the construction involving tsutaeru twice is ??? to me.
Second speech bubble: "And if it really turns out to be a bother for her..."

Attached: what.png (628x479, 150K)

First bubble is this I believe
djtarchive.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#㊤だけ
Second bubble is correct.
I'm fairly certain you've got the correct meaning for the third as well. Don't see what else it could be, especially given the second bubble.

Thanks, mate, that works.

Attached: 202.png (366x434, 293K)

i think we're all gonna make it

Attached: 1520654198880.jpg (1000x750, 99K)

that's quite the 楽観視 you got there

I already made it so there's no space left for you, sorry

>その涙滴型の航宙艇、それこそ博物館の地下深くに押しやられ、そのまま忘れ去られて化石になりかかっていたところを発掘されてきたのではないかと疑わしいくらいに古々しい艇で、おまけに外殻は傷だらけ継ぎ接ぎだらけ、風防ガラスは飴屋が頑張って鼈甲飴のでかいのを取り付けたのではないかというくらいに黄ばんで、後尾噴射管は取り外してカチコミに担いでいったのではないかしらんというくらいあちこちべこべこに凹んで、空いているのはあれ宇宙塵と衝突した孔でないの、という壮絶に目出度い有り様。
You should be able to read this if you've made it.

grammarwise I get lost after the 風防ガラスは飴屋が頑張って part

where is this from?

With a bit of help from a dictionary for kanji readings it was not hard to read that

I hope the bullet makes me before.

how many /djt/ anons actually managed to start living in japan/have solid plans on doing so? ;_;

Attached: 1765432.jpg (1681x1080, 164K)

それがことさら不思議だと急にそれまで路地をおおっていた悪気が晴れたように路地の若衆は、神隠しに会ったのだ、天狗に連れられて伯母峰峠から玉置山、かつらぎ山から高野山まで跳んで廻ったのだと勝手に話をつくって面白がったし、さらに文彦が、「いづみというとこへ行て来た、そこに何人も鴉天狗がおった」と人に訊かれる度に答えたので、それまでどうして酷い災難ばかり次々起るのか分からないと悲しく思い重っ苦しく思い戸惑っていたのが、正月と祭りが一度に来たように浮かれ、博奕を打って昼から酒を飲んでいる悪党連らは興に乗りすぎ、その文彦を神隠しにした天狗をつかまえ生け捕りにして見世物にしようと組をくんで夜更けて山に登り、持ち込んだ酒をのんでかがり火をたいて天狗を挑発するように随分離れたオリュウノオバの家にまで届くほどの声で歌をうたい拍手をし踊りをおどった。

Why did this thread die? Did everyone learn Japanese already?

No one is dedicated enough to study hard just for anime and vidya

ブラジルにザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズは最強のゲームだ

correct? my first complete phrase

No

oh fuckkkk

please correct it

I'm dedicated enough and I just have a bad case of yellow fever. My dick is making my life choices for me

Last line, "OB". Is that just
>a former male pupil of a school, college, or university.
Doesn't really seem like it could be anything else but I'm still asking just because it being in Latin script makes me feel weird.

Attached: OB.png (759x318, 233K)

Most eternal dekinais post on /jp/ about anki and their superior learning methods

I don't think it sees any other use really besides that, OG (the female counterpart) can also mean office girl but it's not the same here.
You see latin script enough in a lot of Japanese, HR is a good example if you're reading high school setting stuff.

Alright, thank you.

When applying for JLPT how do I sign and date the pdf?

Attached: 1517775827346.jpg (645x729, 27K)

>tfw not eligible to become an exchange student because i didn't take school seriously and just played portable vidya at class instead so i passed with garbage grades

FUCK I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH NOW LIKE WHAT THE FUCK GOD I JUST WANT TO DIE SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY NOW DAMN IT I'M LEGIT PUNCHING MY OWN FACE IN REGRET LIKE THE MOTHERFUCKER I AM
I MIGHT BE DEAD BY DECEMBER OR SO

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (922x645, 643K)

弱音は後。
唯言語自体を勉強しなさい。

I know what it's supposed to mean but I can't wrap my head around「仮入部に現れる」.
Particularly because of the definition of 仮入部.
Jisho says: \
>provisional club enrolment (school, etc.); trial period in a club
And JP dictionary says:
>仮入部(かりにゅうぶ)とは、学校などで部活動を始める上で、どの部に入りたいかを決めるためにある部を見学、又はしばらくの間、実際に活動をすることである。本入部の対義語にあたる言葉である。
So 現れる doesn't sit right with me in conjunction. I'd expect the definition of 仮入部 to be "a list of..." so then it'd be like "(our club) might appear on the list of clubs eligible for trials" or something like that but it's not.
Context is MC sitting alone in empty club room contemplating what to do

Attached: 仮入部に現れる.png (797x92, 74K)

Legit question...

Why would anyone use RTK over KKLC if KKLC has a 2nd book dealing specifically with writing practice??

Because Americans love memes and bad jokes, which drink from the same source as stupid mnemonics. But hey, at least it's not Kanji Damage.

Not really much context to go off of, but I don't think that interpretation is not possible here.

*I don't think that interpretation is possible here

Here's a screens-worth of what came before and after that line but I don't think it helps much.
仮入部に actually occurs again after that first line but it doesn't help clarify it any further.

Attached: に.png (791x1139, 912K)

Don't make my mistake, never use fucking memrise. After several months of memrise I'm moving to anki. Memrise has been progressively making it easier to get cards right so that users earn more points (no points don't get you anything at all). They're basically making you feel good about yourself without actually helping you learn. They also change their font all the fucking time and break custom css. I'm done with this shit, I just want to learn Japanese.

Same reason why you should download stuff instead of relying on streaming.

But I don't get it, how can they make a card that is either correct or wrong be easier?

I used for Japanese geography and it was fine.
Tried it for learning the language but was already using Anki so I dropped it pretty quick.

As you type they highlight it green if you're right, so it's really really hard to be wrong

Whats the best JP-JP dictionary that's easy to understand?
I find some dictionaries use equally as uncommon words to describe other uncommon words. This makes looking up one word become looking up five but still probably only retaining one.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.

Poderia simplificar por favor.

Onee-chan tachi, please recommend me a good anime. I'm curious, and I want to know which anime is consider as good by Japanese people. Yes, I'm a weeaboo.

>that's easy to understand?
I think you'll have to look for something that's 小学生向け to get what you want but even they're probably at a high enough level that you might still have trouble reading definitions. I didn't bother with that though. I just jumped straight to kotobank.jp/
No practice for reading dictionary definitions like reading dictionary definitions.

>which anime is consider as good by Japanese people. Yes, I'm a weeaboo.

>a good anime

These are different things.
It's difficult to say, but NGE was loved/hated by Japanese people back in the 90s, try that if you haven't already.

Also, GITS. These are classics.

Personally, I'd recommend Shigurui, but don't expect a conclusion because there isn't one.

pls

;_;

I've never used either resource so I can't talk about them specifically. I just used a kyoiku kanji chart and went from there. You can look up stroke order on jisho.org if you need help, but once you learn radicals it becomes easier.

Saw this book today in the store - does a scan of it exist, at any level?

The other books in the series are excellent and this pamphlet-sized book would be a good resource to read on a phone.

Attached: 51gX812rXML._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (340x499, 33K)

>completely forgetting Japanese is one of the most valued business languages in the world

Attached: 6197485+_372482e02657b52e1b31fa7955a7fdc0.jpg (326x257, 13K)

I think here it's just referring to potential students (particularly first years) coming to see whatever club the MC is in (and possibly join, tentatively, to see how it is). The second highlighted part is probably close to:
>From today, it wouldn't be too strange to see first year students come to try out the club but... there's been no sign of anyone showing up at all.
Or something.

I meant students only, not potential students (was going to use potential club members). I messed up again v.v

今日も頑張りましょう、皆さん

we're not japanese m8
also most japanese like total normie shit like One Piece

"Cry later".
"Just study the language itself now."

Did I get it right? Not the quoted user btw

Attached: Mcc96Eo.jpg (319x599, 54K)

What does kara mean in this sentence? Can you translate this?
僕もずっとそうおもうっていた...
アリサはアンに妙に肩入れしてるから単純に彼女を助けたいのかなって

looks like a simple "because" to me

If that cry is figurative, yes.

"Cry" as in "whine, complain".
Sorry, I use "cry" as a slang for "whining".

Not forgiven.

Attached: 1501579532676.jpg (351x457, 102K)

Why would you waste 60 dollars on a trash paper

Attached: 1520592140288.jpg (3120x4160, 1.59M)

I wish there was more college related anime, Nodame Cantabile is one my favorites

inb4 someone mentions Honey to Clover, if I wanted to see moeblobs I'd watch something else

Why would you do that to your rice?

I don't even know what that is

could be a copy just to trigger people

Anyone can you let me know the difference between -ていた and -た? I know -ていた means 'was -ing' but I need more detail.

could you be a bit more specific about the thing that's confusing you?
I won't write a wall of text about something you could just read up on in Tae Kims grammar guide

Sorry never mind. I'll look it up on other place.

Oh wow, a Kimchi around these threads. Can you talk about how your learning experience has been for Japanese? I always read about you grammar being very similar, how are you finding it in general?

>Don't make my mistake, never use fucking memrise
I don't think I've ever heard something positive about this

You've heard user is dropping it. Positive in my opinion!

I think I've found my answer. Definition 5 of 大辞泉 for に is:
>動作・作用の目的を表す。「見舞いに行く」「迎えに行く」
So then it's literally just 「仮入部に現れる」-> "show up for provisional enrollment" and 「仮入部に来て」-> "come for provisional enrollment"
I think my confusion was because of the DoJG definition:
djtarchive.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#㊦に(5)
All these examples were using "Vます” so I thought you could only use it with verbs and not uninflectable words like nouns but after giving it some thought I remembered Vます forms are (essentially? exactly?) nouns. Like in 迎えに行く, which is clearly valid, where 迎え comes from 迎える

bump

みなさん、勉強ご苦労さま
上げておこう

No problem! Fuck your language tho.

How does に候 differ from で候?

I have no idea what you mean

Those are medieval old Japanese language.
Polite expression.
I don't know very well.
They are very rarely used except a historical drama.

kobun.weblio.jp/content/其の事に候ふ
>【其の事に候ふ】
>そのことでございます。そのことなのですよ。

weblio.jp/content/で候
>で そう -さう 【で候】
>…であります。…でございます。

I barely did anything today

Attached: Have_d5e7e4_6037840.jpg (640x480, 47K)

It's never too late to give up

The day is only over when you fall asleep. Get back to work!

Tatami Galaxy

anyone know how many individual words the kotoba app teaches? I can't find a clear answer to this
if you count the bars together you get something around 40k words, but many of them overlap to some degree

No one is going to use a multiple-choice app without SRS to learn an appreciable amount of words anyway.

It's pretty fun when you have some series or movie in the background

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-13-22-30-19.png (1080x1920, 148K)

Im watching the 日本語の森 videos' on youtube. They are really efficient when it comes to explaining grammar points imao.

youtu.be/KUAiYVArqg8

her voice starts to get annoying after 1-2 videos, but great lessons nonetheless
also N1 hina-chan a cute!

Are Japanese people evil? The comments on basically any Japanese video of a woman under 10/10 on YouTube are crueler than Sup Forums.

no, the youtube comment section always was a trash can in general

醜女 is fun to say and fun to type.

Can anyone tell me if I got this right 姉妹呼び捨て
It's really sloppy hand writing and I can't tell.

Attached: 67637232_p5.jpg (1000x860, 495K)

It's neesama, I would write the Kanji but I'm on my phone

Oh, right. Thank you.

>when you have to look up an rtk keyword in a dictionary because you have never seen it before
I was supposed to learn Japanese not English

Attached: valuev.jpg (330x495, 19K)

one step at a time user

Attached: 1449157052874.jpg (772x525, 126K)

I need validation through pieces of paper with my name on them

Theoretically this piece of paper could get you a job, very unlikely yes, but not impossible

Not by itself, it'd be a tie-breaker at best.

Literally going to hang it on the wall.

What's your vocabulary count /djt/? For me, it's about 1500 words

Around 12k on Anki, around 20k according to a January test.

Attached: 1496105870731.png (623x414, 16K)

God I fucking hate memrise. I'm still using it so I don't forget cards while I get all of my shit moved over to anki and in the past 24 hours they somehow made it worse. Now when you get a card wrong it doesn't show you the answer until some arbitrary number of cards later. It's fucking retarded.

Starting anki, holy fucking shit this is so much better than memrise. Why do people shill that shit so much? All of my friends use it for other languages and pretty much every other JP learning community loves it.

Oh my god what the core decks actually have words in a sensible order, not the crazy JLPT lists memrise uses. I'm starting to think all of my problems the past few months were from memrise being retarded.

あきらめたら命が悲愴だ。そして最高解決は自殺をする。