youtube.com/watch?v=mHPXb1HtnqA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regnans_in_Excelsis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Święta_Lipka
youtube.com/watch?v=T6S4Nn5YpSM
youtube.com/watch?v=CnM2fwXqAcs
youtube.com/watch?v=dfWxeRgDj1w
youtube.com/watch?v=rJEdQp-m_7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=TWdSi0Xw4u0
caedm.ca/PastoralParishServices/Catechesis(FaithFormation,RCIA)/BecomingCatholic
swlipka.pl/
youtube.com/watch?v=5-hnf-Z9vD8
youtube.com/watch?v=EzKW6hFyCAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck off seamus you bog trotting cunt

im anglo

Attached: catholic church.jpg (800x533, 147K)

sup, i havent gone to church in 10 years

i recently went for the first time since Easter of 2012 for a funeral
was a cathartic experience
nearly shed a tear

same I don't have the time

I'm Catholic.

i went to a short one when my great grandmother died after being 100 years old. I didn't mind it, but it didnt get me interested again.

Greetings

most Brazilians are
im not so convinced of the church itself rather I am convinced of the existence of Satan

gross

I'm Methodist

Attached: LNE_WCMM_LDWMM_1997_6627.jpg (766x944, 58K)

>most Brazilians are
Catholics In Name Only*

Yes, why ?

Yes, what do you need son?

probably because it was a good priest
the problem is that since no one wants to be priest (at least not in numbers big enough to fill the vacancies) even the bottom of the barrel gets to be one
my village priest is a drunkard and has an harem of helpers (not even joking). On the other hand the old priest from my hometown was a serious man and a very good orator, he also served in several towns due to lack of personel.

Church of England was a mistake.

I'm gadolig

this

We're all gonna make it brahs

>England was a mistake
fixed that for you

Lent is fucking killing me

yes

No, England was a good ally to Rome back then.

what are you abstaining from?

I'm reading my way up there. Right now I can only call myself a christian, won't declare myself a catholic before at least finishing the bible and reading the catholic church catechism, though every month I watch the tridentine mass in latin.

meat, booze, sweets, vidya

Ave Maria
youtube.com/watch?v=mHPXb1HtnqA

Catholics aren't Christian
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regnans_in_Excelsis

You called?

Attached: 1418300695297.gif (245x192, 849K)

>Catholics aren't Christian
bait?

Oh, man, that is simply beautiful. Outstanding. I unironically shed a tear.

English Catholic reporting in, Confirmation Name is Simon

Sure thing brother

>meat
why do you do this to yourself

That's a cool cathedral
Where is it located?

he dropped the body of christ while he was giving it out
never seen that before

t. Nigel Kowalski, 100% pure Englishman

Swieta Lipka in northern Poland, historically it was in Bishopic Duchy of Warmia in Polish Commonwealth.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Święta_Lipka

Yes

Also, there is a brand new cathedral that was just dedicated in Knoxville, Tennessee a few days ago and it looks 10/10.

Attached: 527937592375.jpg (1200x800, 248K)

Guys, thanks for this thread. I just realised that there is a half of the Lent and I didn't fast in anything (even though I have many addictions), seriously. I totally forgot about God.

youtube.com/watch?v=T6S4Nn5YpSM

It happens sometimes, it's better than spilling the blood imo since you can still pick it up and eat it.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnM2fwXqAcs
British people, put this man in charge please.

Culturally Catholic

I knew it's gonna be Holy Lipka before even clicking the link
There are very few things cooler than baroque robot angels.

please keep your trolling to /his/

Attached: our lady of victory.jpg (1600x1001, 566K)

How can I attend a mass in this Church? It's Nobus Ordo or Tridentine? Where's the city? There are daily masses with this music?

>tfw generally excellent aesthetics other than some ugly spaceship-looking suburban churches and cathedrals

Attached: 5727593275375.jpg (2048x1365, 3.21M)

Dios te salve María

youtube.com/watch?v=dfWxeRgDj1w

I don't know if it is because of its relatively close pronunciation to latin, or because dante's divine comedy, but italian feels so appropriate to read the bible/theology. I learned italian to read literature, but absolutely love hearing audiobooks from the bible in italian. Can any modern language compare in beauty?

Post bible audiobooks

I don't have any audiobooks, but here is Lamentations chanted in Latin.

youtube.com/watch?v=rJEdQp-m_7Q

youtube.com/watch?v=TWdSi0Xw4u0
>5 years without going to the church
>go there
>is just some old dude dressed weird talking shit
>it is boring af
>tell to myself: yeah thats why i dont go to the church anymore
>leave and never come back
but hey, the chants are pretty chill

Oh, a Mozarab chant! That's beautiful! I hope someday I can find a Church in Spain that still uses the Mozarabic Rite.

>GIVE ME MOOORRRE WIIIIIIIVES

same desu, I consider myself agnostic at this point.

Go to a Tridentine Rite Church. If you are from Rio, go to any parish of the Apostolic Administration Saint John Mary Vianney.
Stay away from Novus Ordo parishes, especially Liberation Theology priests.

I'm actually not sure what the difference is between Gregorian and Mozarabic chant is. I know the mass is slightly different in the Mozarabic rite (for instance, in the Our Father "amen" is said after each petition), but it's quite rare today I think.

No idea, personally I've never been there. See

>want to become Catholic
>my assburgers is bad enough that it completely cripples my ability to have any sort of social interactions, including the dreadful thought of speaking to a priest or any parishioners
>I'm going to continue living in sin and die in utter godlessness

Attached: 1515726498951.jpg (640x426, 21K)

dude, i grew uo in catholicism, got baptised as a baby, did cataquese went to youth groups and all that jazz.
my granny is one of those véias that keeps the terço in her hands all times.
it's all bullshit.
im an atheist

yes

CAREFUL CLEMENT, CAREFUL NOW

A Gregorian chant follows the instructions of Pope Saint Gregory the Great. It's older than mozarabic chants. Mozarabic songs were born in the Iberian Peninsula in the reconquest, in which the catholic chants suffered arab influences. It's very beautiful indeed. I know there are still some parishes in Spain that uses this Rite.

caedm.ca/PastoralParishServices/Catechesis(FaithFormation,RCIA)/BecomingCatholic

Sure, why?

Mass is organised there everyday in 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 14:00, 17:00 (in Sundays) and in 7:00 , 17:00 in normal days

If you want to contact with them, write an e-mail:
[email protected] (their adres)

>It's Nobus Ordo or Tridentine?
rather Nobus Ordo, local people from nearest village attend this mass

BTW their site: swlipka.pl/ (luck with translating and searching another informations)

Thanks.
Sure.

Christ accepts creepy otaku, priests have probably seen worse people at confession than some guy with an anime body-pillow.

Thank you my friend. God bless you. I hope someday I can visit your country and attend mass there. :)

Priests tend to be pretty approachable no matter what. If you live near a cathedral or a large church with many parishioners you may feel more comfortable, there more people there are the more anonymous you'll be. I used to think similarly when I first started attending, but really nobody's paying attention to you.

sure what?
you don't want me to pick my fucking baby pics of my baptism right

Search for a FSSP parish. Avoid modernist priests like hell.

same user here
>There are daily masses with this music?
In summer of course ( in 10:00, 12:30, 13:30, 15:00, 16:00 hours)
In this period of year presentation of organ (an organist play music on this organs) is in
10:00, 12:00, 15:00 (in Sundays)
and in 10:00 14:00 in Saturdays

I was just ending the conversation with the first word that came to my mind, like "beleza mano" lol

>If you live near a cathedral or a large church with many parishioners you may feel more comfortable, there more people there are the more anonymous you'll be. I used to think similarly when I first started attending, but really nobody's paying attention to you.
That's actually good advice, thank you

Those seem ultra difficult to approach. Like, if you don't know exactly all of the liturgy and rites, you'll be hated and banished. For example, you'll often see them in comments sections having passionate debates about things which direction the priest should face. It's not like my knowledge of theology and liturgy are abysmal, but they're certainly not at that level. I would be completely out of place in such a hardcore environment, which only makes it worse for my assburgers.

Thank you again my Polish friend. Also, see:

>Stay away from Novus Ordo parishes
I wouldn't say that. I don't know about Brazil but most of the priests I've met in Canada tend to be pretty solid, if maybe sometimes reluctant to talk about the hard subjects (especially boomer priests). Younger priests are interestingly more conservative and by-the-book.

You don't need to know how the Tridentine masses work. Just go there, try to follow the missal and don't take communion. It's quite common for new TLM goers to do this. No one is gonna engage a theological discussion with you, believe me.

Brazil is quite... dificult to find a orthodox priest, if I may say. They usually are very "innovative" on the Roman Ordonary Rite, and the songs are awful. It's annoying.
But the new priests over here are very conservative as well. Thank God.

>Brazil is quite... dificult to find a orthodox priest
That's too bad to hear, I've heard that the legacy of 1960s social changes and Liberation Theology were really hard on the Church in South America, but I think things will get better with younger priests who didn't grow up in that environment and want to see the Church healthy again.

Yes

Attached: 1508615394863.jpg (526x461, 16K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5-hnf-Z9vD8
Turn on the subtitles if you're interest. It's sad as fuck.

I'm not a Catholic but I went to an Opus Dei prep school. They were a bit crazy but also extremely cool.

fucking sad indeed

Attached: papa-evo-morales.jpg (620x465, 58K)

he disaproved this cross tho.
youtube.com/watch?v=EzKW6hFyCAU

I had heard that Liberation Theology described as communism dressed up as social Catholicism, but I wasn't expecting them literally talking like communists. Also

>clergy or people in religious orders who talk bullshit not wearing habits/clericals in public

Every time, it's like they don't even want to be identified as Catholic

They want to turn the Church in a social club for "Social Justice". In this regard, they are not as different as our secularist "friends".

Anyone attend traditional latin masses?
Seems like a lot of churches are falling into the christian rock concert vibe.

Attached: IMG_0743.jpg (1600x1067, 412K)

Bit annoying since the Catholic Church has been doing pretty well with social justice for 2,000 years without becoming communist shitters

Attached: 572893759275.jpg (628x380, 50K)

>christian rock concert vibe.
Really? I've never seen anything like that. Contemporary Catholic Liturgical Music tends to be really lame and shitty, but (thankfully) I wouldn't call it energetic the way that, for example, evangelical churches often are

The main function of the Church is to spread the Doctrine and to save souls. Social justice is worthless if it is not done for Christ's sake. Moreover, "Social Justice" for the secularists is to meet their agenda, there is nothing Christian about it.
I think it's just the opposite. TLM is growing, especially among young people.

I mean proper social justice - corporal works of mercy.

>christian rock concert vibe.

Attached: 1504426040065.jpg (626x460, 62K)

Oh, yes.

The youth group at my church has taken an interest in helping as ushers/choir at the mass once a month and they pull out a drum set with the acoustic guitar plus the kinda pop rock lyrics. It just doesn't fit with the tone of the mass and seems irreverent to me.

I have seen similar things before, although it was more folksy than rock-like. I get what you mean, I just felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave. It's even weirder when the priest is chanting parts of the mass and is followed by guitar and drums. The choice in music is a big factor in whether mass is going to be the height of Christian worship vs happy clappy funtime hour and it's best to just avoid masses with bad music if you can.