What went wrong?

>Good plot (Not too serious, not too silly)
>Romance wasn't shoehorned in and didn't feel out of place
>Casting was really good. No one overacted or underacted
>Great visual artstyle
>There was a even balance between story and racing
>The cgi wasn't that bad. Still holds up today considering the artstyle was designed to make it look cartooney.
>The comic relief wasn't annoying and they weren't used too much.
I love it. It was a campy movie with good action, characters, and plot. Why were the scores so low?

>The comic relief wasn't annoying and they weren't used too much.
The movie was fine but that fat kid and the ape were an abysmal excuse for comic relief, and they were used too much, bringing down the quality of every scene they were in.

Nothing. The movie is 10/10.

It's the trannie's best movie tbqh. The Matrix is a bit overrated and Speed Racer is severely underrated.

>campy
There you go, campy literally means bad.

It's an adaption that surpassed it's source material. Watching it on Imax was great.

The only movie I have seen that is worth paying the big bux for the giant Imax screen. It was mindblowing to watch on that.

the kid and the monkey were shit tier acting

The marketing. Every single commercial I saw as a teen only highlighted that one 6 frame part of the film where the car gets splattered with that green goop shit trying to make it out to be this Nickelodeon kids movie when it was in reality a surreal extremely faithful live action version of the source material. I only saw it years later when i was purposefully looking for a bad movie to watch.

the cgi is terrible and ruins the movie. they should have waited for the technology to catch up before they started making it.

It's a shitty movie that Sup Forums pretends to like just to be contrarians

the kid and monkey were tolerable until they ruined the kiss

still a great movie and i love the visuals

It is Kino as far as I'm concerned.

Was and still is ahead of its time.

This

I remember people bitching about the races being too cartoony and unrealistic when it came out. Retards who make that claim have never watched the show, the Mach 5 defied physics in literally every episode.

What? Pretty much everyone overacted. It's not like you can play characters like these with restraint.

It was before it's time. Had it come out a few years later in 3D and with better marketing it would have done much better.

They "overacted" exactly how they were supposed to which means they didn't overact. You know what I mean?

The performances worked for the characters and the world they lived in, sure.

>Wrong

Fuck you buddy.