AHHH-HAHA!

AHHH-HAHA! are hardly the words I would use to describe one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

reminder they could have ended it anywhere and decided that his was the best moment

Azkaban is my favorite movie but my god that final shot was shit.
>inb4 retarded analysis that it was meant to mirror the Dementors sucky thing

"No!" you're just making these threads yourself

I'll always give credit to Prisoner of Azkaban for alluding to masturbation in that first scene, not many directors would feel comfortable with that but Cuaron managed to pull it off in a way that older kids and parents would get it, but small children wouldn't.

I think there's a whole team behind it, probably Potter fans that keep the pasta on hand in case a thread appears

What?

Huh I never thought of it like that. Any other examples of stuff like this in the movie?

>firebolt & quidditch subplots cut

Nah I'll explain the system to you. Basically many anons know posting the pasta is guaranteed (you)'s and so there's around 10 or so at any given time who are ready to post it the second they see a Harry Potter thread. There's no communication between the anons as far as I can tell however. I know there's definitely one user who's dedicated to posting the pasta and possibly starting the threads himself but there are also a slew of imitators as well. I know because I didn't start this thread but I posted the pasta and have done so in other threads before.

You don't remember? It shows Harry fidgeting around under his bed covers with a light on, and quickly turning over and pretend to sleep when his uncle comes to the door.

What he's actually doing is studying magic from a book in secret and using his wand to light the pages, but it's obvious what they're alluding to. A 13-year-old boy bent double under his duvet with a flashlight in secret?We've all been there.

They might as well have had a scene where Mr Dursley is banging on the bathroom door yelling about how Harry's been in the shower for over 30 minutes.

The stranger was terrible

fleur was CUTE tsundere

I didn't catch that, it does seem obvious now

turned it off after this scene, couldn't watch any more

How fucking stupid are you? It's obvious meant to be a parallel to the end of the film where he makes that giant light that expels the Dementors. The tiny, stupid light at the beginning of the film is for shits and giggles, but the one at the end is literally powered by his strength of character. It's a sign of how much he's grown as a person during the school year.

HARRY MIRA ESTE OJETE PAPÁ
>LA REPUTA QUE LA PARIÓ

How does that exclude the fact that anyone would think the kid was jerking it if they walked in his room at the moment?
Are you stupid?

Why are British people so disgusting looking?

That's the main one really, because it was completely new and not taken from the book. There's other stuff like Hermione saying Krum is mostly "physical", and the implication that Moaning Myrtle makes a habit of spying on people in the bath or toilet.

Not many people do, and a lot of people outward deny it, saying they wouldn't do that in a child-friendly film, but to me it's obvious what they're alluding to and I respect that they made that sneaky reference. I bet a lot of boys seeing that in the cinema got slightly anxious and made a point of not looking at their parents.

Another great thread, poo

If you want to view the scene that way, then fine, but that's not the overall purpose of it. It comes literally fives minutes before the uncle tells Harry that magic isn't allowed to be used outside of school. The film wouldn't make that contradiction for a masturbation joke, it's for the sake of visually representing Harry's change in how he thinks about himself and his parents.

There's many ways to view that scene user, and having multiple views isn't wrong. The light thing could definitely be a foreshadowing of Harry's Patronus at the end, but it could also definitely be an allusion to teenage masturbation.

Without googling, tell me which of the Weasley twins died at the end

I love you. Without reservation. I love you.

>very fast faggot moving at incredibly hihg speed

Freorge

Fred

t. read the books and never saw the movies

They're basically the same character with no distinctive features or traits to differentiate the two.

>autists on Sup Forums cannot comprehend the genius of Yates

Reminder the friendless autist is so deprived of yous he's the first one in these threads shitting them up with the pasta

It's not one guy, everyone posts it. It's part of the threads and if you think it's one guy being on Harry Potter thread patrol you're delusional

Based

Cuaron>Columbus>Yates>Newell
Yates did a great job, but he wasn't the best.

best intro for a long time

1 10/10
1 EE 10/10
2 10/10
2 EE 10/10
3 11/10
4 8/10
5 10/10
6 11/10
7 11/10
8 9/10

not that user but I honestly think Yates is best or second best

>ywn steal a lock of Luna's hair, add it to Polyjuice Potion and spend hours being gangbanged by the rest of your dorm

Why live?

I can user
He samefags the pasta user saying Based and other things he does it all the time and I come here randomly

Hello, brainlet!

t. Lit armondfag autiat

Good on you

A-HA!

OW AH AH AH AH