So if they hadn't "captured" a dragon how would they go through the wall? Why is the writing of this show so bad?

So if they hadn't "captured" a dragon how would they go through the wall? Why is the writing of this show so bad?

This was kind of my thinking as well. I don't get it.

By using all of their undead giants you fucking retard. If I ever catch you being so fucking retarded again I will fucking bash your skull in

In an earlier episode they mention how the sea around the wall will freeze over.

The theory in the book circle says the night king was gonna use some kind of magical horn.

Sounds kinda retarded but at least it's better than what the show gave us.

Conventional way. Breaking through gates. Or by freezing the ocean.

night king clearly has similar vision powers to Bran, so he probably saw into the future to know that Dany and her dragons were coming, so he planned to capture one to use to bring down the wall. Same reason he knew to have those giant fuck off chains from last episode.

Thats why they took so long. They simply couldnt get past the wall and tried to goad the westerosi into giving them something that could break it.

Go back

If the night king can see into the future then why can't he also see that he's going to get killed by the good guys?

R+L = REDDIT GOLD

because he's not

they never intended to go over the wall, Jon was just autistic and provoked them over and over until enough was enough and he handed them a dragon.

this season was a fucking mess!

they would have used the chains to pull it down

There was a horn when they were at the Wall, but I guess they dropped that?

>by freezing the ocean

This you dense fucks.

Do we know thats not his plan? You ever think he only descended to bring humanity together and find a replacement? He looks awfully happy to see Jon every time.

-Night King has magical powers.
-They have giants that can destroy the gate... same way the wildlings got in in the last assault.

> Zombies cant swim

Why aren't they building moats around every thing of value? If the walkers/night king try to freeze the water then just chuck that hot oil into it.

What the show gave us is classic Greek tragedy; By trying to prevent something happening you actually cause it to happen. It is the pinnacle of irony. If Jon had just done nothing and everyone had completely ignored the walkers, everything would have been fine; they would be stuck on the other side of the wall forever.

Sup Forums is too pleb to understand this

The would climb it, or break through the doors with one of their many giants.

The dragon just made things easier and faster.

>implying the gates of the wall are impenetrable when the wildlings have broken through before

Ask George R. R. Martin.

>If Jon had just done nothing and everyone had completely ignored the walkers, everything would have been fine;
proof?

But the Wall itself is a magical barrier, built so no undead may pass willingly, hense the need for the Horn of Winter to destroy the wall with its magic - the same way Euron's horn does shit i can't remember.

But they literally jsut got a dragon and melted the ice to pass.

Do you honestly think the ocean can't freeze?

It was their plan all along.

I was hoping Arya's hymen was going to be torn down this season via Gendry.

The wall is magic. It couldnt be passed or broken by the dead. It took a magic dragon to counter it.

just let them walk in the water and build a boat/bridge out of their bodies like ants.
Who cares for the lost zombies?
The Night King can always make more.

>The wall is magic. It couldnt be passed or broken by the dead. It took a magic dragon to counter it.
>It couldnt be passed or broken by the dead.
proof?

>Greek tragedy
>COCKS ARE IMPORTANT, WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT COCKS

If you can freeze an ocean you don't need an undead army to kill all living beings.

>Gendry meets Arya
>doesnt recognise her and thinks she is a boy again...because she is so ugly

pottery

This. By getting the dragon it saved a subplot line of getting the horn of winter.

Also Euron's horn controls dragons I think

>DUDE THE BAD GUY CAN SEE THE FUTURE AND EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GOING ACCORDING TO HIS PLAN ALL ALONG!

What absolute dogshit writing, holy fuck.

>magical super winter can't freeze water!!!!

Kek Sup Forums really is the youngest board besides Sup Forums

Greek tragedies were actually usually full of peurile humour involving genitals, usually cocks

>frozen saltwater

Completely ignoring them would not have worked in the long run. But if they had manned the Wall fully with everyone armed with fire arrows and dragonglass weapons... well, they could probably last until their food ran out at least.

pretty sure its explained in the books or an earlier season

>polar ice caps dont exist

Yeah in the books Coldhands can't cross the hidden gate because he's undead

this, however Sup Forums just loves shitting on the show and refuses to acknowledge that it is still quite good, despite not being the masterpiece that it used to be

>comparing polar ice caps to a region filled with trees, vegetation and a variety of animals

this isnt the books you faggots.

proof or gtfo.

Why did the White Walker move so slowly? They could have at least tried jogging or something

Ummm

benjen/CoF tell bran

>ocean cant freeze because its filled with trees

part of the ocean

ocean got more and more frozen in the intro btw

>Water can never ever freeze if theres some salt in it!
>not even magic from a zombie ice man freeze saltwater its literally impossible1!!!!!

>doesn't understand basic science

Benjen said he can't go much closer to the wall because of the magic earlier this season

Is Thormund kill?

how can you miss the point so much. what I am saying is that temperature wouldn't drop as much as in the poles hence making it impossible to form such dense layers of ice you dumbfuck

>benjen = night king and his army
holy shit

t. I don't understand Greek tragedies

>temperature wont drop because of muh trees when there's no sunlight at all

Proof?

Utterly ridiculous.

Go back to school, kiddo.

>800ft high wall
>only 100k soilders
>wall has magic to stop walkers
Try again, hopefully something better

omg are you idiots

its pleb show, just stop pretending they are competent writers

thats not how t. works

are you a retard unable to discern from cause and effect? tress are a result of the not-low-enough-to-freeze-ocean-water temperature not the other way around Jesus Christ

>omg are you idiots
>no argument
fuck off retard

I thought it was painfully obvious why the writing of the show was so bad?

While it was wonky, before when they were adapting such large books into a show it could work, having so much detail to draw from let the show be very rich, even while barely adapting a small fraction of the books.

However now they working from the "Rough outlines"(GRRM doesn't make actual outlines of his novels) of two 1500(at least) page books.

Rather than actually making up a detailed backstory for the events going on they have just filled in all the blanks with fan service.

>its as cold as its ever going to be at this exact moment in game of thrones

show me a picture of any of the poles with a fucking huge forest like North of the Wall

Show me a picture of Wight Walkers

>he thinks GOT is a nature documentary

Yes they are the same thing, what's your point?

Show me anyplace on earth with a Fuck huge ice wall and I'll show you frozen ocean

It's like Judas. God has a plan to save mankind without killing everyone with a new flood. This time he'll sacrifice his only son to atone for our sins. But in order for his plan to work, Judas had to betray Jesus.

Jesus came back to life but Judas ended up hanging himself and suffered the eternal damnation of hell. All to save mankind. Judas made the bigger sacrifice and is the real hero of the Bible.

I'm just expecting consistency. It's obviously a fantasy show but as far as I can tell the world they inhabit follows the same basic physical laws as ours.

anyway, I give up, you normies win

Why are so many people fucking retarded and don't realise/remember this? No undead can pass beyond the Wall because of its magic, so without the dragon the zombies couldn't do shit to break down the gates or anything.

However, my gripe with it was this: wasn't there this whole big deal about how the Night King touched Brann? Like wasn't it suggested that, because that happened, the Night King could somehow get past the wall? Or was I just high at that point?

NK is a green-seer, you fucking idiots. He knew the dragons would come.

>implying that explains anything and it's not a paradox itself

>this world with huge dragons, magic steel, etc should have the same physics as Earth despite the fact a bird that size is physically impossible

Ok, kid.

Like I said, go back to school.

I thought that might have been the implication, and was why Benjen was acting weird when he took him back to the wall, but I guess they dropped it for the money shots of killing a dragon and then having it shoot a blue laser to bring down the wall.

Just because you have the ability to see, doesn't mean you will notice everything. Look up in real life. You won't see a sky, even though you have the ability to see. Why? Because it's occluded by the fucking ceiling.

Why do people have this stupid idea that the moment you're able to see the future you'll always know exactly what's going to happen in every situation?

yeah people were saying that by the Night King 'connecting' with Bran like that he broke the seal on the magic which stopped him from passing the wall, not confirmed but most likely why that scene was included

Same laws.... Ok so if there is a large structure of ice on our planet the water around it freezes. Why can't you understand this.

Night King: Don't mind me, just sitting here for 100+ years or whatever it is for dragons to come back so I can steal one to destroy this wall.

do you even know what fantasy is? can Aragorn jump 10 meters in The Lord of the Rings?

>retards actually believe this

So it was implied? That's such bullshit to then be like "Oh wait, a dragon shooting fire-ice (the fuck was that anyway?) at the Wall and destroying it is cooler than Bran completely fucking things up during his training to become the 3-Eyed Raven and accidentally giving Satan a free pass beyond the Wall"?

Why not? If you are able to live hundreds of years or even thousands and are fighting people that live far less then your greatest weapon is time.

Yes, he can.

Have you even read LOTR?

salt only makes the freezing temperature to be lower, it doesn't make water impossible to frozen

>can Aragorn jump 10 meters in The Lord of the Rings?
No, but Legolas probably can.

jihad

The amount of shit he would have had to seen to know that jon&dany would be there at that exact time, knowing exactly where the dragon would fly so he could auto lock his javelin like an Olympic gold winner, but yeah he just can't see that jon is gonna cuck him.

Just admit it's absolutely horrible writing. This is also coming from grrm who made GOT as a response to terrible fantasy cliches and writing, yet he ends up doing the exact same shit.

>If Jon had just done nothing and everyone had completely ignored the walkers, everything would have been fine; they would be stuck on the other side of the wall forever.
More than that, if Dany had never come to Westeros the wall would be standing. She's Azor Ahai, and Azor Ahai is the villain.

>This is also coming from grrm
No it isn't. GRRM hasn't written an episode since season 4.

Yes

But i think they have been going with 'the zombies get a dragon' for a long time. the bran thing might have been a backup