Lets settle this once and for all Sup Forums

Lets settle this once and for all Sup Forums.

Is he breathing Ice or Fire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dKYK7i-2CbA
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/xww7pq/is-the-undead-dragon-on-game-of-thrones-spitting-dicyanoacetylene
gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ice_dragons
youtube.com/watch?v=7LzCo967WiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ice AND fire
>Bravo DnD

>breath ice at wall made of ice
>it collapses

It's just blue fire. Do you think he's breathing molten ice to melt away at a wall made out of ice?

He's breathing lightning nigga

Its blue fire which is even hotter than red

Vissy is going to tear Rheggy and Drogon a new one

Truly, this was a game of thrones.

Neither fire nor ice its a magical compound

TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LOL

it was moving really fast though

he was breathing lightning you idiot

It's confirmed to be blue fire. Stop making these topics you imbecile.

frozen fire

Well when Kelly C used Drogon to blow up the food supply line the breath had incredible ballistic force, it was literally hitting the ground like missile fire and sending shit flying hundreds of feet into the air.

So with that kind of kinetic impact regardless of whether it was Ice or Fire it would knock down a wall made of ice. So this really doesn't help settle this important question.

It's fire, also blue means it burns hotter than your standard orange, that's why it melts the wall so fast

You guys are dumb lol

>frozen fire

It's force damage.

Legend of Zelda would like a word

Would it melt steel beams?

Did anyone else think that his Listerine breath was bad CGI?

Given the obvious amount kinetic energy imparted by this breath in both examples I feel as though the steel beams would be sent flying in every direction before they could either melt or freeze respectively.

he's breathing songs

You're saying the breath is a sonic attack and the blue appearance is only cosmetic? It's an interesting theory.

that's what dragonglass is

>a literal shot for shot remake

that is just a metaphor

He was breathing arcane

>was literally hitting the ground like missile fire and sending shit flying hundreds of feet into the air.
At the time I assumed it hit something that made it explode, but Westeros doesn't have gunpowder so you're probably right.

I mean it makes more sense than it being fire

Helps explain why he was moving so fast and the weird shrieks

Nah, just bad breath, bro!

Dragonglass is just obsidian. It's made by extreme heat, which is why you find it around volcanoes and why Dragonstone has so much of it.

I think it's some sort of kinetic thing, the flames are just a useful side effect. Like an incendiary bomb or something.

dragonglass is cooled lava, frozen fire

So he was breathing dragonglass?

Was that how dragon stone was made by zombie dragons?

dragonstone was made when your mother took a giant shit in blackwater bay

Do you think steel is frozen fire because it's cooled molten metal?

it's frozen metal

the maesters call dragonglass frozen fire in the books maybe you should read them

Having that dragon in motion with a woman on the back must've looked horrible.

>viserion has been dead for about a month
>he has holes in his wings already

really? fucking really?

Frostfire.
Hopefully the ice will freeze your flesh before the fire vaporizes it.

How would ice melt ice dummy? It's blue fire, which means his flame is even hotter than a regular dragon's.

it's not from being dead, it's from getting fucked up by a magic ice spear that caused his combustion sack to explode

>combustion sack

game of thrones was a mistake

I was fully expecting the wall to break off, crushing the night king's army and then it fades to black with the text: L O S T

Nothing is "just" anything in GoT you retard. The obsidian is obsidian, yes, but it has "magic" properties as well you cunt.

There's almost a perverse brilliance to how bad this show is. Even something as simple as, "what the fuck is coming out of that dragon's head" is beyond D&D's capacity for storytelling.

>Blizzard sues HBO
>we'll never know the end of the story

>wanting to be spoon fed every little detail right after the scene happens

You don't comprehend the glory of his work. Anything that doesn't make sense to your simpleton mind can be explained with a simple word. Magic. That's why most adults aren't in to "fantasy" unless it's fetish fuel normie shit like GoT.

better question is what this fuck is THIS made of

The show is bad, but there's nothing contradictory about a blue fire breathing dragon brought back from the dead that has its stats buffed up.

Almost entirely hydrogen and helium

So, was it the something about the Dragon that negated the wall's magic, or was it just that they needed something something strong enough to knock the wall down? If it is the former, why didn't leaf or the Three Eyed Raven or Coldhands or SOMEBODY who knew about this kind of shit go to Bran and be like, "Hey, little dude. Like, not for nothin', but if Dragons happen to come back to life-- which they just did, which we knew about because we can see literally everything in the world with tree magic-- make sure you tell everyone to keep the Dragons away from the Wall. Dragons can really fuck that shit up, my dude."

Frostfire bolt duh

All they needed was shot of Tormund yelling "It's cold!" or maybe a shot of a couple of random wildings getting hit by the breath and freezing in place like getting hit by Mr. Freeze's ice gun.

Wait so does it do ice damage or fire damage?

>tfw no ashbreath dragon

1/3 fire, 1/3 frost and 1/3 song damage

Yeah, but the simple act of making the fire blue causes massive unnecessary confusion, which is currently being debated about all over the fucking internet. If it's fire, just make it look like fire. Or make it green if it needs to be fancy, we've already got an in story precedent for that. Making it blue, when it's an undead dragon brought back to life by ice zombies is going to make people think it's ice. Or Godzilla radiation. Or anything but fire.

Rheggy hasn't even grown anymore
he's like a big fruit bat at this point
he's going to die badly

why is there magic in my fantasy show about zombies and dragons wtfFFFF

>Making it blue, when it's an undead dragon brought back to life by ice zombies is going to make people think it's ice

Hahaha oh wow anyone who thinks it's ice is dumb, wait, do people actually think fire can only be one color? Literally light a candle and just look at the inner most flame, it's blue, and it's also the hottest part of the candle.

>State of the education system

Why would it be breathing ice?

liquid nitrogen

>was it just that they needed something something strong enough to knock the wall down?
Seems so.

Raises some more questions since frost dragons are an actual thing in the far-north, which WW could have spear-revive-combo'd into service. Multiple even.

When Azula used it it was still fire, just blue fire.

>youtube.com/watch?v=dKYK7i-2CbA

Viserion has two sides.

Friendliest most happy dragon you will ever meet.

AND TWISTED BLUE FIRE PSYCHOPATH

>Literally light a candle and just look at the inner most flame, it's blue, and it's also the hottest part of the candle.

Oh my god, he's right. Holy shit mind = blown XD

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU RETARDED FUCKING NIGGER! NO ONE IS QUESTIONING THE FUCKING COLOR OF FIRE!

>Why would it be breathing ice?

You're right, that's so stupid. I mean, he was just killed by a race of ice demons, who's defining trait is that when they come around, everything in the environment freezes, with a giant icicle in a story called "A Song of ICE and Fire". Why in god's name I would think it would have anything to do with ICE IS FUCKING BEYOND ME! The only logical explanation is that when the Night King killed him, it made his fire breath hotter.

Truly, he's singing a song of ice and fire

It's blue for purely visual and symbolic reasons.

Stop being autistic.

i think i figured it out

>not "Finally, I have won the Game of Thrones."

SHAME

It's frostfire retard

You know how when something is so cool it feels like burning?

Why would a dragon start breathing ice just cause it died? IF you used your head for like 2 seconds you'd realize that it came back with buffed stats ie much hotter blue flame, because that's what happens with the undead including the horses and giants. Don't blame your own stupidity on the writers.

No kidding, but why would anyone think it was actually breathing ice?

>tfw the DABID hits

>caring what a bunch of medieval scholars think

steam

>red fire only melts blue ice
>blue fire only melts red ice

What the fuck was the idea here? Is red ice supposed to be hot?

Extra cold 'fire'. That's why it looks like something solid is smashing the ice wall.

A lot of people are asking this question;

>motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/xww7pq/is-the-undead-dragon-on-game-of-thrones-spitting-dicyanoacetylene

>Some of the hottest flames harnessed by human engineering burn blue, such as oxyacetylene torches, which are used to weld and cut metal. The unusual color is sometimes derived from the chemical composition of the substance being combusted, but it's more often linked with increased oxygen flow to a flame.

>Oxygen is highly flammable, making gas molecules within a flame much hotter and more excitable. That in turn generates a blue tint. Compared with standard yellow flames, which burn at around 1,000 °C (1,800 °F), the hottest blue flames can reach temperatures of 4,000 °C (9,000 °F) when fed by the extremely combustible substance dicyanoacetylene.

>Perhaps in his resurrected wight form, Viserion gained some extra oxygenated dicyanoacetylene juice in his gullet that has shifted the composition, temperature, and hue of his flames.

>cold fire

>because that's what happens with the undead including the horses and giants

What the fuck are you even talking about?

>No kidding, but why would anyone think it was actually breathing ice?

Why not? If it's breathing fire, and fire is one of two things in the whole fucking universe that kills wights, why is he not fucking dying from the inside out? Magic? Cool, but then why are you questioning whether or not the fire breathing dragon could magically be turned into an ice dragon by the physical manifestation of the concept of cold?

The term is called complete combusion. IIRC for every one unit of gas you burn you need ten units of oxygen. Carbon monoxide is what gives off the yellow flame look because the gas was burned incomplete.

using Nazi scientists they captured during the battle of the Fist of the First Men, the white walkers constructed Westeros's first jet engines. The walkers then lured the silver haired bitch into a trap, a trap to get a vessel for their new jet engine. After dragging the dead dragon up to the surface, they placed the new prototype jet engine in the throat of the beast. The dragon's natural fire breath fuels the jet engine to shoot out a more deadly blue fire.
>>thought this was common knowledge desu senpai

>why would anyone think it was actually breathing ice?

NORMIES OUT RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ice_dragons

Wights are stronger than humans you idiot. With that logic, an undead dragon would be stronger and have much hotter flames than a live one. For a show that has so many inconsistencies, this isn't one of them.

Why would ice melt ice?

BRAN MY SON

Why is the fire not killing Viserion?

>Why would ice melt ice?

It didn't melt shit, it blasted it apart.

youtube.com/watch?v=7LzCo967WiY

ITS FIRE YOU FUCKING MONGS

BLUE FUCKING FIRE

DRAGONS MAKE FIRE BY MIXING COMBUSTIBLE CHEMICALS TO CREATE FLAME

YOU CAN'T MIX ANYTHING TO MAKE ICE

GODDAMNIT MY AUTISM

Chorizo.

>A Sneed of Ice and Fire

How preposterous. If an ICE dragon breathed out FIRE the thermal variance between his frozen body and the flames would cause him to stress-fracture, shatter and melt.

Please pick up an engineering book and educate yourself. I'm embarrassed for both of us.

>crash planes made of metal at a building made of metal
>it collapses

1/10th of damage

> "it collapses"
sure thing goy

It's hot water, which melts ice

guess what faggot giant dragons also cant fly with holes in their wings, but yet we see that don't we?