"Fuck, we're at wits end here. The season is ending and we haven't killed anyone important to the audience...

>"Fuck, we're at wits end here. The season is ending and we haven't killed anyone important to the audience, in a show known for killing characters important to the audience!"
>"I-it's no so bad, we killed a dragon! People will be sad about that!"
>"Fuck off dumb cunt, we resurrected some CGI. No one cares!"
>"U-um, okay, how about we kill one of the Stark sisters! That'd be impactfull and we've been building for it all season!"
>"No no no, it has to be a straight white male..."
>"Well how about Jon then? No one would see that coming and we can really shake the foundations of the show if Danny does the deed!
>"What?! Are you insane? Jon is a white manlet who abandons his honor at the wall and with his people to bend the knee to le badass dragon girl! We can't kill him."
>"Fine, let's just ass-pull and kill someone completely out of character or element."
>"Yeah, didn't we have a master manipulator who's played every single person he came across perfectly?"
>"You mean the guy who we've set up to be a threat from the shadows who's slowly gained more and more power, and who's main strength is planing ahead?"
>"Yeah, let's kill him abruptly and completely fuck the entire character."

And so we got the most poorly executed death ever in Game of Thrones.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mYrHFNAo4J4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I shuppose season 8 is off the table.

for you

It was a forced and rushed scene that the writers only threw in because they had to kill SOMEONE this season and Littlefinger was by far the hardest character to write for.

What bothered me was that it was implied that Sansa and Arya worked together all along. They fucking fought and argued in PRIVATE, well out of Petyr's reach. Did they just playfully act hoping he'd see it?

(((David Benioff)))
(((D.B. Weiss)))

>in the morgue later, littlefingers body is being washed when suddenly he flicks his eyes open.
> removes fake throat piece, Ah yes coin really does have no limits.
> silently leaves winterfell.

The end.

Also the way arya slit his throat was so anticlimactic. I get they were trying to make her look like muh uncaring assassin, but the shot was so plain and boring. Littlefinger deserved a better execution scene. Fuck this gay show. It's terrible.

It was rushed and ugly. They fucking suck at writing.

I fucking hate this show now.
>Danny is some literal Dragon Jesus
>Jon has been resurrected and has the thickest plot armor in the world
>Brand is a the Three-eyed Raven
>Arya is a Faceless Man

The reason I first started watching Game of Thrones was because the characters felt like they did the best they could as regular humans. It was about playing smart, making good allies and pulling out the dagger at the right time. Not a raw display of power.

It would genuinely not surprise me if Jon went Super Saiyan next season.

Jon is going to learn he's a targaryen and then he will instantly be able to ride a dragon, together him and dany will double team the night's king in a dragon battle and win, there will of course be casualties for the good guys, almost certainly one of the dragons, but maybe dany as well

>Brand
Bran, my bad.

Not him, but nah, both Jon and Danny have plot-armor so thick no one can touch it. When they get their dragon mounts and double-team the Night King the only one dying will be Jaime because he's too alpha to keep around anymore.

Sansa WILL beat littlefinger in the books too, but it will be slower and develop more organically, she will have setbacks but her cunning will come through

They really forced it so quickly in the show it didn't sit right with me.

My disappointment here doesn't compare though to my disappointment with bran's treatment this season. He's a fucking time-traveling nature wizard now but all he does is spy on the night's king with ravens, say things he shouldn't know all deadpan just to show he can like an edgy faggot, and then literally announce that he's a magic tree wizard over and over to everybody who walks by. We got ONE scene of rhaegar and lyanna and that's basically all we got to see of bran's excellent adventure

>Jaime is too alpha

Did we watch the same season 7? He's been cucked at every turn

Bran is just a plot-vehicle now. He's there to convey information to an audience to stupid to keep up.

I mean, wasn't it revealed last season that Jon was of noble blood? Sure we didn't know he was Targaryen but I read several detailed articles about him being the heir to the trone.

Yet now everyone treats it as if this is some big reveal that Bran had to hammer home so the normies would get it.

what pissed me off most was how they just started spouting out all of littlefingers crimes like they knew the whole time all the cryptic and secret shit he was up to.

like, could we not get one scene of bran being professor wikipedia and telling the other two that he saw LF's crimes in his visions before they started the trial?

the whole scene felt off because suddenly out of nowhere everyone know little finger's secrets which makes no sense at all consider outside of him, no one could have possibly known. so the audience is left to wonder how sansa and arya came across this information at all and kind of have to assume it was from bran, or for some more secret scrolls or some shit.

>whats the worst thing arya could do to me?
>kill me
>whats the worst think cia could do to me?
>marry me
>guess i better kill cia then
what the fuck was this?

and what the fuck was with all the acting before they killed him?

>hey arya lets make it look like im about to kill you and make a big dramatic scene about it when we are actually gonna littlefinger

Sansa admitted to being a "slow learner". I think arya was laying it on thick from the beginning because she knew what was up. In the scene where Sansa finds her faces, she muses about killing her and wearing her pretty dresses- something arya would never actually want to do. Then she gave Sansa a dagger- a show of trust, and also not something someone would overhear. I think Sansa started to get it after that.

To me, it wasn't really that they fucked up the reveal. Don't get me wrong, it was a dumb move made by the writers and it screams of poor planing, but this show has fallen so far that I'm just leaning into the punches at this point.

What bothers me is where the fuck the evidence for all this shit is?

Sansa essentially executed a man with no proof except her little brother's poorly defined magic powers. You're telling me that not one fucking lord, or knight of the Vale or fucking anyone said, "You know, all this sounds a little vague, how do we know the kid didn't hit his head and thinks he's seeing all this shit?".

Instead they just take it in stride and kill off their highest ranking official because fuck logic.

why the actual fuck would she bother with all that when she could just tell her, all that bullshit was just for the audience which is terrible terrible writing

Why the fuck didn't he just leave Winterfell? He would have been infinitely safer in the Vale. Fuck why'd he even sell Sansa? Face it Baelishfags, this character's actions haven't made sense in a long long time.

INn private nonetheless. kekekekeke we really had them going didn't we dabid. What a TWEEEST

the general consensus is that his character was ruined the second he gave sansa to the boltons

You mean a plot destroyer.
Mfw
Hurr durr did you spend literally decades pulling strings and influencing the smartest, most powerful people in all the seven kingdoms? Well I can see everything that's ever happened now so there can't be any secrets or shadow plots anymore. Please move along

>Patriarchy!

Fuck I hate feminists

he put the pussy on the pedestal and this is the price he paid. it fucked with his logic

No one's arguing that his actions make sense. We're arguing that's the problem. A guy who's suppose to be bleeding-edge intelligent is making retarded move after retarded move and camouflaging it as "muh thinking ahead" to accommodate some truly abysmal character and plot writing.

Littlefinger stopped making sense. He didn't have some blind ambition that wouldn't be satiated unless he was on the Iron thrown.

If Bran had recited his chaos is a ladder speech, Littlefinger would have cashed in and bounced back to the vale.

THE RAPE

When does Petyr even say "and Harrenhal... I suppose that's off the table as well?"

No I mean plot-vehicle (thought your pun was good, I'll give you that). Bran is now there to tell the audience what they need to understand in basic English, god forbid you'd have to think a little, and tell all the characters what they need to know to keep the plot moving.

Like is anyone seriously doubting Bran is going to reveal that Cersei's army isn't coming and Jaime has gone rogue?

They HAVE to know this because it's important to the plot, and Bran is apparently the only one with access to the storyboard.

>Instead they just take it in stride and kill off their highest ranking official because fuck logic.

This was Stark land, and nobody was going to challenge that family after the battle of the bastards.

Her word was good enough

They wasted the entire plot on something stupid

Arya and Sansa could have killed him day 1. There was no reason to do any of the intrigue shit at all. They didn't trick anyone. It's not like Littlefinger did something despicable or was proven a snitch

all they did was get him into a room. which they could have done day 1.

Only the most idiotic person could have fallen for the "they are fighting now" BS. It would take 50 IQ to think sansa was about to kill arya. not to mention the acting was fucking wooden from all of them.

Right after he finds out Tyrion set him up with the deal to marry Marcella to the Tyrells or some shit. Season 3.

They quit giving a shit about his character and many others 4 seasons ago. He started GoT as one of the most interesting characters on the show. Why the fuck is Varys still alive? This show is a car crash now.

They should have bran do a Guy Ritchie montage to explain everything.

jesus

or it's just shit writing

You guys realize he's probably going to die very ingloriously and not linger too long in Sansa's memory in the books too right?

It's not well shown, but we do have that scene of little finger bribing a maid even when Royalty thinks they're in private there's usually some servant with their ear on the door or watching for what people look like as they exit the door.

I'm not saying it was well written; because the whole plot line kinda annoyed me, but at the very least having a "private" argument is pretty reasonable

i'd rather him be dead than stay around to be useless in season 8 since D&D can't use him, even if the death was awful

He should have died at the end, thinking he got away with it only to be killed by someone small.

Hell have it play out like this
>Littlefinger seen standing as lord of the Vale reading a letter from Sansa
>Comments to himself how he climbed high, but he can still climb higher
>Sips some wine and begins to write orders
>Suddenly becomes sick and realizes he has been poisoned
>falls to the floor trying to get his servants to help him but none are around
>Suddenly a small boy steps out holding an empty vial
>From behind the boy we hear a familiar voice
>"I am truly sorry it came to this old friend."
>Varys steps out, talking about their old chats in the throne room, how he admires what littlefinger is even if he did hate him
>"I always found your crest an odd one. A mocking jay. A small bird, in many ways. Some might say instead of littlefinger you should have been named Little Bird...MY little bird"
>Littlefinger dies realizing this entire time Varys had been playing him and letting him destabilize the realm for Dany's arrival.

pottery

The entire season is like watching on fast-forward.
They could easily have stretched this season to 10 or even 12 episodes, and it would probably have been better for it.

Looks like game of thrones is ending on a whimper boys. Furthest I've seen a series fall in a long time.

It's a shame because the guy's acting during that scene was top tier but it got weighed down by the whatever fucking cringe shit performance the stark kids were trying to pull off

I think Bran probably said some shit to the head Vale guy to make him believe him, also the head Vale guy already didn't like Littlefinger and I can't imagine any of the Northern Lords liking Littlefinger. Only Robin Arryn liked Littlefinger and who gives a fuck what he thinks at this point.

I swear Arya's actor is the perfect example of someone who got on their own fan train. She went from giving a good performance of what a young girl would be like to playing this 'too cool for emotions' schtik and though part of tit can be blamed on the script most of it falls on the actress.

Part of me hopes Arya is actually dead and it is the Faceless Man wearing her face and preforming assassinations or a job that would require the face of a noble to get near enough to do. That said I know it wont, can you imagine fan whining if 'strong, independent Arya' was actually not Arya at all?

>B-but Dany is better than ANY male ruler in the series.
>When Stannis, Drogo, Tyrion, Twyin and Jorah existed.

Oh wait 4 out of 5 are dead. GoT killed their best powerful characters to pave way for the boring Jon, Dany, Sansa and Bran.

Also, muh patriarchy. Pathetic.

Season 2. When Tyrion was clever and played the small council. Remember there used to be a small council, and a king, and people in King's Landing and the Red Keep? It's literally Cersies, QBurns, and Zombie Mountain, and sometimes Jaime in the whole fucking city. They fucked this show up.

>Varys
Because muh good guy beta male.

Arya was barely passable as a child. And now that she's grown full of herself and into a full-fledged English troglodyte she's bought the standard way further down than "passable".

That bullshit is 100% D&D. They were condensing the books so now suddenly the one getting raped by Ramsay needs to be a real Stark instead of a fake one, meaning that since Arya is busy assassinating people it has to be Salsa that needs to go to Winterfell. They were also running out of book materials to adapt so more and more stuff needs to come out of their own idea crayons, leading to this bullshit of a season.

it took a Seer, a Monarch, an Assassin, armed elite guards to kill little finger and you still feel sorry for him,

dude was bad ass he just didn't have bullshit mystical powers or a backing of a powerful faction.

youtu.be/mYrHFNAo4J4

>master manipulator and liar
>BTFO by a clairvoyant

In what fucking fictional universes does omnicognizance get beaten by "he's really good at lying" so often that if it doesn't happen it's "shitty writing?"

>AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT, TOO, IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU MEDDLING KIDSH AND YOUR SHTUPID RAVEN

AND CHARACTER TRAITS... I shupposhe that's off the table aswell

I'm a slow learner why did dany sacrifice one of her dragons just to save Jon? Their chemistry is so forced yet she would give one of her children to save him

it's kind of sad, there are no more proper villains left. i had high hopes for euron but it looks like he is just a regular pirate

he's a Jack Sparrow rip-off now, I wish they would cast someone charismatic and go with the book Euron.

Mad king's daughter is also mad lmao.

>Baltimore needs a new mayor
BOOM
Royce 2018!

Her Targaryen sensor went off and she realized that she needed that incest dicking before he kicked the bucket.

This like jesus fuck christ this. Who gives a shit about playing the game of thrones when you can just ask Dr.Who

Again with the white male victim card

>And so we got the most poorly executed death ever in Game of Thrones.
Still can't beat Stannis, at least CIA's death was fucking on-screen, but you could argue its on par with that.

>nothing makes reddits sphincter rupture more than seeing littlekiker lose to a duo of strong mentally powerful slayqueens

So are there any good shows like got but without the fantasy stuff?

*in the leaked script they both die in the 8th season. first Danny dies while giving birth to her and jon's daughter, and then jon dies when wildfire blows up underneath him and jamie while fighting Euron and his men.*

how the fuck do I make it hidden? i checked the spoiler box what more do I do

>King of North also controls Night's Watch
>lords openly discussed replacing him
>Jon bends the knee, simply becomes warden in the north
>warden in the north's autistic creepy sister threatens to kill other sister
>one sister admits she lied about her aunt's death under oath in front of everyone
>same sister married not one, but both of their worst enemies
>young boy says he saw visions across a continent of the accused helping arrest his father (which would be common knowledge)
>every thinks the crazy aunt suddenly wouldn't do something crazy
>trial of Starks (two women and an autistic cripple, none of whom helped protect the north) execute the Warden of the Vale after he rescues them from certain defeat in a room of oath-bound knights and the warriors he helped save

I don't think a bunch of northerners or Vale knights would stand by something this fucking stupid. They did more than fuck up LF's death, they made the entire north and vale seem inbred and uncharacteristic. Any of Royce's Vale enemies could have him hung for treason.

Their Confederacy series is going to be an abortion stretched out across a torture table with character writing this sloppy.

>Is this how JUSTICE is done in the North!? You accuse me of crimes, I deny them, so you order your sister to slit my throat? Where is the King's justice? I am accused and demand a trial.

A large part of the season's premise is that politics, scheming, and assasination means NOTHING when magic gets involved.

Nobody cares about the Game of Thrones, nobody cares about political threats when there are hundreds of thousands of zombies coming to rape your lands with eternal winter.

Littlefingers warning was when Bran gave him the Chaos is a Ladder line.

Motherfucker should have left instantly and ruled calmly as Lord of the Vale.

But nope - he kept with his game and got fucked by magic.

/faq#spoiler

Now that the show is in lotr fantasy mode, dont expect any of the low-tier medieval sopranos dialogue or events to ever return.

The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It involves less factional politics, more (realistic) religious influence, and prefers warband skirmishes over massive battles. I like it more, R.R. Martin actually gave props to the writer of the book series.

>You're telling me that not one fucking lord, or knight of the Vale or fucking anyone said, "You know, all this sounds a little vague, how do we know the kid didn't hit his head and thinks he's seeing all this shit?".
Didn't they all hate Petyr though?

that shit diappeared when they ran out of source material.
the past couple of seasons are tumblr-tier fanfiction, D&D are fucking hacks

>Nobody cares about the Game of Thrones
Besides Dany and Cersai.
I don't see Ironborn, Dorn, Red Priests, or all the other off-screen groups doing anything against the magical threat either, but I think we both know it's the poor writing.

GRRM details someone's shits; DAPID forgets about entire kingdoms

The show that made Alfred the Great a pussy cuck no thanks

Youre giving the writers too much credit

You should be writing for GoT because that's about the same level as their shit

They only hated Petyr because the audience did. From the soldiers' perspective LF is making the Lord of the Vale into an actual man and saved the entire North last second because the Starks' are so incompetent.

The only 'evidence' they have of any of this is the crippled weirdo citing common knowledge (that his sisters could have just told him) and a Lannister-Bolton who admitted to lying under oath already over her own Aunt's murder. If anything it seems like Sansa is scheming, not LF

LIAR

pic related

Fucking lurk more newfag

What are you talking about? They show him to be a warrior who suffered from chronic illnesses but still fought on.

>cuck
There's another underage, throwing around that word again...

[spoilers]I didn't ask you dipshit[/spoilers]

I really hope that was ironic.

too good to be truth

Game of Thrones - fixed edition

seasons 5 thru 7 are deleted, to adjust for actors aging, there is a timeskip between seasons 4 and 5 which is slowly explained throughout season 5
most storylines are completely rewritten or at the very least not shown
Arya is seen for the first time somewhere in the second half of the season, already back in Westeros
Dorne plot completely rewritten or removed
Sansa-Boltons-winterfell plot completely removed
Jon Snow plot at the wall stays the same
Stannis still dies but the way this happens is completely different from the illogicalities in s5.

This is the premise, continue as you believe is right

Is there any trace of (((Netflix's))) usual historical (((revisionism))) in this series? Is in inudated with ngs playing European heroes and yasss queens galore?

lol my bad, posted 2 things in their opposite places

So instead of pulling it off to make someome die...he put it on to make himself live. Bravo, Nolan.

I'm glad I never decided to watch this show

It sounds like a massive pile of shit and no one on this board even likes it, they just watch it

Because Jon is the perfect male role model in the show.
>slow, but honorable, unless his Queen desires differently
>easily manipulated, and is willing to drop everything when his Queen wants him to
>loyal to a fault, never asking questions of /hisqueen/ like how big the Dothraki are
>stays in the shed, and bends the knee when his Queen demands it
>manlet