What S1-3 Littlefinger Would Have Done

So, the original plan was:

>marry Sansa and become Lord of Winterfell
>push the Jon is a half-brother/Lannister traitor shit until everyone rejects him as King

This whole plan was ruined once Bran and Arya showed up. Unfortunately, Littlefinger lost 50 IQ points since Season 4 so he didn't realize this and got killed. But what would S1-3 Littlefinger have done? I think something like this:

>as soon as Bran says "Chaos is a Ladder" he would have realized this faggot can see the past, knows all the bad shit he has done and is a huge threat.
>as soon as he heard that Arya trained with the faceless men, seen her fight, and how spitefully she looks at him, he would have realized this bitch is dangerous and a huge threat
>As soon as he realized Sansa was never, ever going to marry him or betray Jon, he would have realized it's just a matter of time she becomes a threat.

So, what next?

>hire some people to kidnap Bran and hold him captive in some hideout in Westeros, Harrenhall maybe. his visions are a huge assets, and killing him would be wasteful

>just kill Arya ASAP. Littlefinger likely knows enough about how faceless men work to see Arya is no longer with them. Since he saw that she was able to beat Brienne in a fight, no ordinary assassin will do.
>tell the faceless men her location and pay them to kill her ASAP.

>get Sansa alone and then kidnap her
>bring her to Cersei and remind her of that deal they made. tell her that this was all just one big undercover operation to deliver Sansa to he her.
>pledge to Cersei and get named Warden of the North.

At this point, he can do all sorts of shit. He can blackmail Jon with Sansa's life. And he can use Bran's visions to fuck with everyone everywhere. Even white walkers.

Chaosshshsh ensues

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-KT7tKrzb10
youtube.com/watch?v=HsqNDdNWmcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hire some people to kidnap Bran
he would tell arya and shank him\the people he hired

all the shit he could do would be btfo by bran's future vision .your best move when faced with someone like that would be to just fuck off to the other side of westeros and not deal with bran\the starks in any way. or join them and use bran's power to the advantage of both you and the starks .

>tell the faceless men her location and pay them to kill her ASAP.
I skipped the last 2 season, how did Arya even get out of th FM? Do they care at all that she is using the powers they taught her to do exactly the opposite of what they do?

I don't think Bran can see the future, has this ever been shown? he could have stopped the dragon from getting killed if he could by sending a raven to Jon.

To be fair, when Jaqen told Arya to come with him before giving her the coin, he completely falsely advertized this whole faceless men thing. He literally told her if she comes with him, she can learn skills that allow her to kill everyone on her list. That's what she did and then she left. Seems only fair that Jaqen let her go.

Littlefinger, at least in the early seasons, realized that scheming must be subtle and people can't be aware he's doing it.

IF he was still written as he was in the early seasons, he'd set Sansa up in Winterfell, help the Battle of Bastards with the Knights of the Veil. Then he'd retreat back to the Veil as Lord Protector of the Veil.

Sansa and Jon would be so grateful for his help that he could easily be Master of Coin again in the new regime, or anything he wants really. Most likely all his help up until this point would seem genuinely altruistic and Sansa's panties would gush at the thoughts of her savior. Very likely she'd be DTF if not outright marriage.

Instead, he lingers. Obviously to play the members of House Stark against each other for minimal rewards. Old Littlefinger never would have done this. There's a limit to what scheming can accomplish and you can never be transparent about it.

He set it up so that literally if the Stark girls had one honest conversation, his goose was cooked. It was bad writing, but honestly if he stayed the master schemer he was since the beginning he'd be the most likely to come out on top. He'd be the power behind the throne no matter who it was...

she was blinded at one point for killing out of personal reasons, and she also killed one of her trainers before she left. But Jaqen let her go for some reason. Either way, I don't think they would have a problem with killing her if Littlefinger payed them.

The North cannot be held. Not by an outsider, it's too big and too wild.

They can't be bought with money otherwise literally every rich lord in Westeros would solve their problems by hiring faceless men to kill the competition.

the stupidest thing about post-season 4 Littlefinger was that he became so attached to Sansa. He even said in the Chaos is a Ladder speech that people cling to illusions of love instead of realizing only the ladder is real. Ridiculous.

huuuh yes they can. It's just that they're VERY expensive.

I tihnk he loves Cat and Sansa but is fully aware of it and how it might affect him so he doesn't let it interfere.

Pretty sure in the books or even in the show it's explained somewhere that they take everything you have. So a beggar can pay for a faceless man with his life and a king with his kingdom.

it says on the wiki

>They command exorbitant fees, but have a reputation for success that is unparalleled by any comparable organization.

>how did Arya even get out of th FM?
She gave Jacquen a yaaaas-inducing look and literally just walked away. Like literally was standing face-to-face with him and told him "I'm leaving", did a 180 turn and walked slowly away while he stood there looking stoned.

Why would the faceless men kill one of their own?

The smartest thing for littlefinger to do is to have people that like him enough to protect him. What the fuck was he thinking having Royce and all his soldiers dislike him?

but he blatantly lied to Cat when he was sent by Tyrion for the Jamie trade. he probably knew about the Red Wedding with all his spies, but didn't do anything. he also gave Sansa to the Boltons for his own benefit. I don't he loved them, not really, it's inconsistent with his character

the whole point of Littlefinger's character is that he's all alone in the world, and that he got where he was in spite of it on the strength of his intellect and his willingness to play dirty. Nobody likes him.

he wanted the dragon since he's the ice king

>Why would the faceless men kill one of their own?

but Arya betrayed the faceless men, Jaqen even sent the Waif to kill her, didn't he?

I think he can only see what is happening in the present (by warging into crows) or the past through weirwood.net

dumbest theory

do i remember it wrong or was LF also part of Joffrey's assassination? i seem to remember it was him that gave the poison to Olenna.

No, he was the one that had the necklace made and gave it to Dontos to give to Sansa. Olenna's role was only to retrieve the poison and put it in Joffrey's cup.

His lack of reaction to Sansa saying Arya is a faceless man was pretty lame too. In season 1 he mentions how faceless men could assassinate basically anyone with ease. If season 1 Littlefinger somehow found him in the retarded position he's been in for all of season 7 he would have immediately fucked off the moment he found out he was being stalked by a member of the faceless men. Season 1 Littlefinger would have realized that the S7 LF impostor gave Arya reason to kill him when he attempted to turn her against her sister with a stupid plot that could be foiled in a single sentence spoken by Arya: I found this letter in Littlefinger's room after he said the Lady of Winterfell was thankful the maester brought it.

it's pretty obvious, if he could see the future then he could have avoided Hodor dying and the whole attack by white walkers. Littlefinger would have realized this, and use it to his advantage. it would be a really smart guy vs. a guy with superpowers, like L and Kira. Expect here L is a pervert and Kira is an fugly britbong cripple.

So expensive that a young actress could hire them to kill another actress

i never got that. wouldn't Sansa notice someone taking part of her necklace?

quote from GRRM :

>The Faceless Men don't post a list of prices on their door. The way it works, you go to them and tell them who you want killed, and then they negotiate the price. The more prominent the victim, the more difficult to get to, the more dangerous for the assassin and the guild, the higher the price.

>In season 1 he mentions how faceless men could assassinate basically anyone with ease.

what scene was this? can you link it?

Anyway, yes. It's really startling just how much quicker and wittier season 1 Littlefinger was.

Watch the scene. Olenna plays with her necklace while talking to Sansa and the next time we see it, the last stone on the right is missing.

can you post screenshots of the missing stone?

How expensive could Arya possibly be? She disappeared for years from Westeros, now that she's back, barely anyone remembers her, and no one like her. not to mention she never has guards with her. Jaquen could kill her in a heartbeat.

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=-KT7tKrzb10

she killed waifu girl so shes dangerous

she also survived like five stab wounds to the stomach, that's like level 70 Daedric Plot Armor

Where would Littlefinger get the cash to hire the Faceless Men? It's established that they're ridiculously expensive. Even if he has access to the Vale's resources I doubt they're that rich. They're self-sufficient but they don't really have hoards of gold like Highgarden did, I think.

For example, much earlier in the first book (probably in s1 as well, I don't remember) he says that hiring a Faceless Man is far too expensive to deal with Daenerys and Viserys. This is after he's spent absurd amounts of money on hosting the Hand's Tourney.

Arya is not one of the Faceless Men, she trained with them for a while and then basically betrayed them. I doubt they're very spiteful but if they were hired to kill Arya they'd do it. Hell, Jaqen was hired by Arya to kill himself and he would've had to do it if she hadn't withdrawn that name.

>Where would Littlefinger get the cash to hire the Faceless Men?

I was under the impression that Littlefinger is still one of the richest men in Westeros.

youtube.com/watch?v=HsqNDdNWmcU

Surely he didn't spend all the money he made from brothels and lending by now?

But Littlefinger's stupidity happened in early Seasons already. He should've let Cersei kill Sansa and her take the blame of Joffrey's murder. Kill Olenna (who knew all the shit he pulled out) and get in Cersei's grace. Then kill Lysa and be proclaimed by Cersei Lord Regent of the Vale. It was never going to end well for him in Winterfell.

Agreed, he should have just leave Sansa alone and focus on the Vale and manipulating Robin Arryn. What did he really gain by giving her to the Boltons? And what did he gain by killing Joffrey as well?

>Olenna to LF in season 5: Together we murdered a king. If my house should fall, I'd have nothing to hide
>Season 7- Her house fell, said nothing about LF.

not that it would have made a difference but maybe it could have been added as a reason to his downfall.

She probably wanted to take all the credit for it to hurt Cersei.

Pretty good. His real problem was that he became an NPC in the later seasons. He didn't do anything and just hanged around Sansa and then they killed him off because they didn't know anything to do with him. Realistically he never lost any real power. Only problem would have been Arya/Bran but he could have gotten rid of them pretty easily because they gave away what they could do for no reason. The second he knew what Arya/Bran could do the real Littlefinger wouldn't stay, he would take his army back to the Vale and create a new plan.

>and then they killed him off because they didn't know anything to do with him

He was the interesting character in the show, and they didn't know what to do with him? How about have him outsmart literally everyone, including the Night King and rule the world? That would make for a fun show, not CGI dragons always flying around and all the boring characters around Dany from Grey Worm to the Dothraki to Jorah. Even Varys is losing his touch. It's like a curse, anyone that has a scene with Dany immediately becomes shit.

Joffrey was a wild card who would kill anyone on a whim. He was dangerous. But perhaps he shouldn't have killed him.
>Let Olenna kill Joffrey
>Let Sansa be blamed but take no part of it
>Inform Cersei BEFORE Tommen and Margaery become a thing about what Olenna did. That way he gets the Tyrells out of the way
>Kill Lysa WITHOUT WITNESSES (now that Sansa is gone) and have Cersei make him Regent of the Vale
That way when Dany arrived he would have his own castle and army. And then he would see.

Of course, even if everything went fine he would have no way to know about Bran. Littlefinger was destined to fail one way or another. But if there were no Bran the best option for him wasn't Winterfell, but staying in the Vale (which is hard as fuck to conquer) and then take the stronger side when Cersei and Dany clashed.

In any case, the funny thing is that there would've been war even without his machinations. Cersei was going to kill Robert nevertheless. Joffrey was going to be king. I don't think Ned would accept Robert's dead and Joffrey's tyranny just like that, even if he never became the hand. War was bound to happen as well. Littlefinger simply made it happen a little bit before and secured himself a place in the Vale. And even though Baelish was responsible for Ned's arrest, he wasn't for his dead; that was on Joffrey's account and unexpected even to his mother, unless Baelish somehow convinced the kid to do it (which was never shown).

He loved Sansa. That's why resquing her from King's Landing made sense. And why allowing her to marry Bolton - didn't.

>That way when Dany arrived he would have his own castle and army. And then he would see.

I mean, see what? Dragons can conquer the Vale no problem. Dany is a huge threat. If Littlefinger was planning to stay a Lord for long, it would be best for Dany to get assassinated.

>And even though Baelish was responsible for Ned's arrest, he wasn't for his dead;

If Baelish stayed on Ned's side, Stannis would have actually took the throne. Maybe he though he stood better chances, in terms of court intrigue, with an inbred idiot than with Stannis?

this is why i'm glad they killed him. d&d already "killed" his character and had been raping the corpse for all of s7. it was time to end it.

>I mean, see what? Dragons can conquer the Vale no problem. Dany is a huge threat. If Littlefinger was planning to stay a Lord for long, it would be best for Dany to get assassinated.
Yeah, right now she most definitively is. I don't remember how it was back when he killed Lysa.
>If Baelish stayed on Ned's side, Stannis would have actually took the throne.
If that were to happen he would've never taken the Vale, I believe. Once Stannis took the power everything would go back to normal.

He didn't love her, he just wanted her for himself because she looked like her mother. And he didn't love Cat either, it didn't matter to him if she was happy or not, what mattered was that she belonged to him