Jerry Seinfeld episode is up.
youtube.com/watch?v=5JElnt-C4dI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2NM5yDnpCQk
youtube.com/watch?v=YdVJI1-DsvQ&t
youtube.com/watch?v=BwH__x6jV6A
youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a canuck and a jew walk into a podcast, they talk about jokes and blokes, say no to the jokes

nice

Nice. I hated the Dana Carvey episode. Impressionists are the worst.

Who the fuck is Dennis?

How many more episodes are there going to be before the next half decade break?

Whats with the crazy close ups?

That Catwoman, what a battleaxe

Impressionists are so obsolete. Public figures aren't private or guarded anymore. Dana Carvey is just as far removed from me as the President so why wouldn't I just listen to the President instead of an impressionist?

To showcase norms cancer and adams botched plastic surgery

I used one of Norms old timey jonnhy carson jokes on my old ass boss the other week.
He asked me how everything was going
>Before I had this job I felt incomplete, now I'm finiished
He got a good chuckle
blog over

good lad

they say stealing is the highest form of comliment

Best Seinfeld interview ever

That was a rodney dangerfield joke, not a carson joke.

>believing Seinfeld > Curb
>believing in god
norm why are you so wrong about everything

They're good for sketches, not 1 person acts.

He's an old pill junkie

I'd argue Seinfeld is better overall. I will always say that a tight script will be better than improv.

>there was no punchline to the blind man joke
fucking hell

>I will always say that a tight script will be better than improv.
based on what though? if the improv is funnier then it wins. Seinfeld basically says this in the interview. i think this is Norm's implied argument as well - that something scripted has more value because it's more "crafted".

This is just imo but I think Seinfeld has a better hit to miss ratio than Curb. I also like that Seinfeld had to be more clever because they had to operate under network television restrictions when it came to content.

did anyone think it was really on point when Norm commented on the dream like quality of this interview? it went by so quick. Never had that before in an interview or podcast not even a norm one.

It's a no brainer to me. I can't even enjoy Seinfeld reruns if I don't catch the episode from the beginning because so much of the appeal is seeing shit from the first 7 minutes get payoff in the last 5 seconds of the episode. Curb just has so much dead air when the riffing doesn't land

based on the quality of the gestalt

Why do some of the interviews have no jokes?

What the fuck kind of reasoning is this. The point of an impressionist isn't to have someone 'near' to you perform he personality of someone 'far' from you, it's to be funny mimicking the mannerisms of different people. You can even enjoy someone's impression of yourself. It's not like they're supposed to be funny sound recordings for archive purposes.

yeah all of that is totally fair. but norm wants comedy to be objective. he thinks one form can be objectively better than another.

if you like Seinfeld more than Curb, totally reasonable. but to say it's better? i don't agree. i laughed way harder at Curb and it was more consistent.

and wigs

you know society has hit rock bottom when its custom to converse about other peoples conversations, so much faggotry in here lmao

>based on what though?!?!?!???
Based on his experience and relationship with both, you dumbass.

>wat are philosophers lmao
>wat is dialogue lmao
>wat is politics lmao
>more cocks pls yum yum

rekt

Today impressions are good in smal doses. If a guy is a stand up, or some kind of comedian, and has 20-30 second devoted to that, thats funny. Other than that it is boring. I cant imagine being there for full hour if a guy does impressions.

learn to read

who else thought that blind man story was going to be a joke wtf?

>philosophers don't converse with plebs and the subject matter is crucial to society
>dialogue...wtf lol
>politicians converse with plebs because they run the society and the subject matter is crucial to society
>you proved you're a homosexual lmao
btfo lmao

slurped and btfo

How do you even feed yourself?

You can see how true that is by how Bill Hader and Jay Pharaoh got shit all work after SNL. Both great impressionists, but outside of work with Bill's friends you never see them much anymore. Even though I know Hader can be amazing in other things I feel like his reputation for just doing impressions and voice work limits him

Jerry Seinfeld confirmed fascist in this interview

Good episode. I always enjoy hearing Jerry Seinfeld talk about comedy, he has clearly put a lot of thought into it and seems like a pretty smart guy.

with your stupidity and tears you charlatan, no argument anymore eh pipsqueak

YAAAAAAAY

WHEN?

K I N O
I
N
O

WHEN??

WHEN???

WHEN???

>dialogue... wtf lol

???

WHEN????

>WH-
:(

Karl is done with the spotlight. We will never see him again.

WHEN?

I think they keep getting too into the conversation and run out of time. This time Norm even mentions jokes and they still don't end up doing them.

He can surely do a damn podcast

Miller shithead

the absolute GOAT fucking WHEN?

pissed myself when he did nixon

His talk show ended several years before Dark Knight Rises came out. That greentext scenario makes no sense.

implying Pablo Francisco isn't kino

"This summer Arnold Schwarzenegger is...

There's a cut after Adam gets the cards out from under table, and after the cut they're spread all over the table.

good episode
i just ordered a NML t shirt. they're back in stock

the photo is also from an episode of Conan from the late 90s, it's a made up scenario entirely. It's not bound by reality jackass!

Nope, and he especially won't travel to America for one. This is his last interview where he announced he was done.
youtu.be/2NM5yDnpCQk

But still, why use Dennis Miller? What a strange choice.

well he's dressed as CIA in that interview, maybe you need to suspend your disbelief a little if you want to enjoy the meh-meh's

the fucking madman doubled down on the closeups

Then they went long, Jash wants to keep it an hour or under, and jokes are always the first to go.

joe is superior

because Norm is good friends with Dennis and frequented his show throughout it's run.

fucking jews ruining everything

is he now Ricky's maid full time again?

reeeeeeee

He's done with Ricky too, he was before he retired. He did two more seasons of world travel but made sure Ricky wasn't involved to fuck with him.

Nah. It's more fun to be snarky and poke holes.

Sweet jesus, I've been waiting for this for months.
Dream team come true.

because norm is at his best when speaking to dennis miller

youtube.com/watch?v=YdVJI1-DsvQ&t

>Jash

Why the fuck is norm entangled with those assholes? Ironically enough the only good joke they have without him is the existence of that group to begin with.

he just can't get no respect

bill hader is starring in a new hbo dramedy about a hitman called Barry

Curb has literally the same exact payoff structure as Seinfeld

if you could remove the goddamn laugh track it would probably be better

Shows with laugh tracks are fine as long as what is happening actually deserves the laughs.

Eh... Conan will always be the best host for Norm as far as I'm concerned.

No, he rekt you. You're being stupid. I do think your original idea had some merit though...the level of discourse in society about "conversations" or politics, dialogue, and philosophy, is damn near a half inch of shit. Banality has always been around, and probably even to the same degree as today - it's just that the classics stay and shit gets forgotten.

But Norm live is one of the better conversations about conversations today, so you're still objectively wrong.

Nah, the best jokes in Seinfeld work because of the laugh track, not in spite of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=BwH__x6jV6A

youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw

>Karl wont do 1 hours worth of work on an all-expenses paid flight mini-vacation to Los Angeles to do the norm show
You know you might be right. Karl is ridiculous enough to turn down such an easy gig.

went surprisingly deep

liked it

>all-expenses paid flight mini-vacation to Los Angeles to do the norm show
Ha! You're right even if that were true though, Karl just wants to stay home laying tile and fixing shutters all day.

I agree but Seinfeld was kind of unique in that a lot of it wasn't actually taped in front of a live audience. Laugh tracks were just standard procedure at the time.

No, it was studio audience for many of the episodes

I think it depended on the set. I'm pretty sure Jerry's apartment and the diner didn't have an audience and just had the laughter added later.

Sorry, those sets did have a live audience. I'm assuming outdoor scenes or otherwise unusual locations dubbed in the laughs.

That's the hardest part about being a Karl fan. You'd be happy with him doing the smallest and simplest things, so long as we can watch it. But we know he's completely content out of the spotlight

you just know that joke is Two Goyim not Two Gentiles

>dialogue...wtf lol
Why are you even here then, nigger?