When did the Simpsons go downhill? Inb4 Sneed

When did the Simpsons go downhill? Inb4 Sneed

>Inb4 Sneed
>I don't want silly the meme but I want to ask the same questions and mantain my simpsons circlejerk intact

Chuck

season 2

When the 90's ended the cultural zeitgeist changes, but the characters were stuck in stagnant roles built around caricatures of 90's culture.

As culture further changed, the jokes became lazier because writers realized the heart of the show was gone but continued to cash in on the legacy created by the original 12 seasons.

13th season on doesn't count. The exact episode where the show became complete trash was arguably either when Maude Flanders died or the 300th episode, featuring Blink 182.

frank grimes should have been the series finale. it encapsulated everything Homer was.

when celebrities stopped becoming the joke and became integral to the plot
but honestly I stopped watching when every resident of Springfield got their own stories

Principal Skinner (formerly Armin Tamzarian)

reminder, sneed poster is an underage spammer

this is your legacy, take a step back and look at yourself

Sometime around season 5. They even admitted Homer was getting dumber and whatnot in their self aware special.

> Golden Age of Simpsons writers left the show

> Removal of grounded family comedy and the people of Springfield to outrageous storylines

> Over exaggeration of characters aka Flanders for example

> Ruining Seymour Skinner's character with him being a imposter

> Just throwing in celebrities into every episode than actually have celebrities voice other characters

> Ruining the core family character traits: Homer becomes a huge jerk, Lisa becomes a liberal mouth piece, etc.

lisa was always an annoying liberal mouthpiece

reminder, "sneed poster is an underage spammer" poster is an underage spammer

>> Just throwing in celebrities into every episode than actually have celebrities voice other characters
>> Ruining the core family character traits: Homer becomes a huge jerk, Lisa becomes a liberal mouth piece, etc.
lisa the vegetarian to both points

Based

The movie should have ended it

>Ruining Seymour Skinner's character with him being a imposter
I never got why this bothered people so much. He's still the same character. And like continuity matters in the fucking Simpsons.

imagine being this mad at a meme. I wonder if this man dreams of sneed?

that's sneed jr you fuck tard

>HAVE NO FEAR WE'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS

Insane when I think about how long ago this episode was. They were already getting flak for the shit writing 15 years ago and they just kept going. It's actually quite impressive in it's own way.

Season 10

Thinking about it, how many characters had retcons?

>Ned Flanders = repressed anger and hatred for parents
>Jebediah Springfield = evil pirate
>Roger Meyers Sr = plagiarist
>Bumblebee Man = Norwegian ?

It's actually been almost 20 years at this point.

>Just throwing in celebrities into every episode than actually have celebrities voice other characters

I see this complaint a lot but they always did it. Homer at the Bat was great, James Woods was kino - they weren't playing characters.

Says you scientists are still debating which is which.

When Futurama was greenlight and the good writers jumped ship with Groening.