How does it compare to Capekino today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WvBE-eIjsU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bullshit time travel

Weird Luthor

But it was fine

Reeves GOAT. Fuck henry breville

Even with some infamous flaws it still beats the shit out of most capeshit today. Pretty much everything they needed to get right they got perfect.
I wish more people would talk about the merits of the film itself and not just its influence.

Christopher Reeve will always be the GOAT Superman. It's just a shame that the rest of the movie is firmly trapped in the late 1970's. The first time you see Superman in full outfit, they immediately cut to a bewildered street pimp straight out of Dolemite.

Rewatched this recently after not seeing it for 20 years and was surprised at what a good movie it is, and how well it understands superman as a character.
I miss when super hero movies weren't afraid to go campy.

>How does it compare to Capekino today?
overrated by todays standards desu.

has a level of craft nonexistent in today's superhero blockbusters. it looks and sounds amazing. christopher reeve is some of the greatest casting ever.

legend. within its context pure gold

Watching it today for the first time since I was a kid.

Surprised how well it stands up. The opening scene with Jor-El passing his legacy on is just so incredibly emotional and well-delivered.

Really understands the character and what a mythic comic character can be on the screen, similar to Raimi with Spider-Man.

And holy shit there's some gorgeous cinematography in this film, pic related. Actually, the cinematographer who did Kubrick's 2001 did this film too. Lots of talent swirling around back then.

r.i.p reeves

>Weird Luthor
Except for the hair Hackman was GOAT Luthor.

Hair? What do you mean

Lex was bald in the originals. He just wore a bunch of bad toupees

>similar to Raimi with Spider-Man
>"Go forth, Kal-El. Show those wops, chinks, kikes, spics and jiggaboos the way back to where they came from."

Donner was ahead of his time.

youtube.com/watch?v=WvBE-eIjsU4
Forgot a link to it. Great stuff.

>Superman: "Easy, miss. I've got you."
>Lois Lane: "You've got me, but who's got the kike media cabal from massacring the white race?"
Damn Donner...

The intro depicting a doomed Krypton was amazing. Incredibly unearthly, depicting the Kryptonians almost as gods. It shits all over Zack Snyder's terrible playstation 3, monochrome, version of the legend

The extended Krypton scenes and every scene with Marlon Brando are GOAT, Reeves is Superman and his Clark Kent is really good too, has the best capeshit soundtrack ever. The genre really peaked early, there has been other good ones but this IS the superhero movie. Luthor and his goons are goofy and even slapsticky but it works for this movie.
The time travel resolution is absolutely retarded and happens out of nowhere. Supposedly that was actually going to happen in Superman 2.
I also think it's funny how this Superman introduces himself to the world by doing small deeds and helping people like bringing a cat down from a tree, meanwhile the Cavill Superman is introduced to the world in a cataclysmic event that decimates an entire city.

The only thing I hated was the actor for young Clark. He looked 30 years old and nothing like Reeves.

Shieeeet! that's a baaad outfit, WOOOOO

What I didn't get though is, if the kryptonians had interacted with other planets and civilizations from many other galaxies, why did they still live in shitty caves in a barren ice planet, and why did they never expand.

mos made it irrelevant

It's a 6/10 like all "good" capeshit

It's shit, the ending made no sense and I'm not talking about the science of making the earth spin backwards. When Superman turns back time the earthquake still happened but for some reason Lois is not dead anymore and many of the disasters provoked didn't happen either. I though he was going to save Lois in time now that he knew where she was, but no it all just magically fixed itself.

Classic films, but as far as superman stuff goes he pulls powers out of his ass

1)Time travel by, wait for it, spinning the earth in the other direction (lol)
2)The good ol' supes power of "kiss of amnesia"
3)
4)"I can rebuild things by looking at them!"

You've never seen it have you? Pleb.

He also throws S

That's in Superman II, which is much more goofy and not directed by Richard Donner.

Other user was mentioning powers from the other Superman movies as well

Superman is the only real superhero. All the rest are wanna be Johnny-cum-in-me's that wish they were Superman. All these other busted ass spider men and super dog cock lovers are shit. Fuck the DC Universe. There is no DC universe. Batboy is a gay taint licking aficionado of throbbing Gotham schlongs.

Man of Steel was a better Superman. I'll give you Krypton though.

Is an actual film
8.5/10

How to spot a pleb
>time travel ending was bullshit

It's pretty good. Reeves' Clark/Superman is the best portrayal of the character. I'm not sure if it can be topped.

The main thing that bothers me about the movie is Lex Luthor deducing the existence of Kryptonite and also that it would be harmful to Superman from absolutely nothing. It makes no sense.

Also Superman correcting Lois Lane when she asks if Krypton is spelled with a C, R, I. Nobody knows about the planet and they did not speak English; so it has no given spelling and how it is spelled does not matter at all.

Bit of an asspull when Miss Teschmacher saves him just because her mom lived in Hackensack, and Luthor was sending a missile that way. Had that not happened, Superman would have just drowned.

OK. Defend it, then.

kino

The time travel ending doesn't really make a lot of sense... though it is more in tune with the character than Superman II's ending: Superman would never be petty enough to seek revenge on some humans like that... not only that but he'd also never give his powers away like that. That scene is there entirely for the audience.

i love the time travel stuff though.

really inspiring stuff.

Superman CAN do anything to save you.

HE IS THE IMPOSSIBLE AND THE GREATEST OF ALL HEROES

Fantastic movie though the cinematography and flying effects aren't good.

people who complain about the dumb time travel are missing the point of the Superman character and how fun he's supposed to be.

Great movie
My personally ranking of the Superman films

Superman>Superman II>Superman Returns> Man of Steel>Superman III> Batman v Superman> Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

>movie is shit because of one element of the ending
>not appreciating Silver Age-tier asspulls in a classic Superman movie

The rebuild thing was in 4 doofus

You have articles to write, Clark.

I don't give a shit about your shitty comics. In a movie it's a shit plot device and doesn't work, even less for how it was executed.

superman can time travel
also its a movie

the asspulls are numbered by movie stupid fuck kys

>the cinematography, done by the same guy who did 2001: Space Odyssey isn't good
>yet the time travel resolution is
contain your contrarianism, pleb

>I want realism in superhero films
I bet you like when every aspect of a movie is explained . Maybe "cinema" shouldn't be your hobby?

How to spot a pleb
>time travel ending was good

Nice strawman. Never said anything about realism, if I did I would have a complained about a flying man in trousers solving the problems of the world.