youtube.com/watch?v=MAy-NtCQCB8
youtube.com/watch?v=udDlSRgyxMc
youtube.com/watch?v=uiV0Y6XjgnI
youtube.com/watch?v=k06lLDDe-b4
youtube.com/watch?v=N5L1R_b64e0
youtube.com/watch?v=G69nsT_WaIo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody gives a shit

Music is more accessible nowadays and the channel stopped being about music. There's literally no reason to watch the channel.

MTV still exists?

White people.

Outside political memes this, when likin park came to my city they had the nice idea of putting an advance of some of their stupid reality shows before the concert and of course everybody boo'ed them, even the sheeple they pander doesnt buy their shit anymore

Good. I'm happy to see MTV fail.

look how awful these performances are

youtube.com/watch?v=M4hUmKZvBBE

press F to piss on mtv

Who the fuck watches MTV any more? Their entire god damn format is basically replaced by you tube.

teenage girls maybe?

I'm honestly surprised any awards show continue to exist. I honestly don't know why you would watch a 4 hour show for a list of bullet points that can be read in 30 seconds, and not miss anything relevant. At least the Oscars have the benefit of being on an actual network as opposed to MTV.

Genuinely curious since I'm out of touch with the youth. Does anyone even care about mainstream music pop culture anymore other than blacks, teen girls, and black teen girls?

It seems to me that with the Internet music tastes have fractured and old media outlets are no longer the tastemakers they once were. All that's left is sucking every ounce of attention and money Beyonce can produce hoping against hope the well never runs dry.

Who's even going? Taylor Swift? Who fucking cares?

find something that shouldn't exist anymore and you'll also find teenage girls and old people are the main people supporting it

MTV doesn't play a SINGLE music video, ever, anymore.

It's literally Teen Moms and Catfish 24/7.

MTV is no longer culturally relevant or music relevant.

I'm actually fine with this.

>VMAs are a mess
>Everyone is lip singing over a track anyway
>Fuck it, why bother pretending, I'll just do an interpretive dance

>Mtv
>"MUSIC" Television
>95% of their programming is dedicated to subjects other than music like teen pregnancy and online bullying
>ratings are shit

hmmmmmmmmmm

shilled music sucks and so does MTV, a proper binning

>FUCK WHITE PEOPLE LMAO
yeah i wonder why

they never mentioned the linkin park guy's death or chris cornell wtf, instead they had some distant relative of robert lee disavow "white supremacy" WHAT THE FUCK

>less people have cable
>MTV's demo probably the least likely to have cable
>people are getting wise to the fact that awards shows are just elites patting themselves on the back for hours
>no one watches music videos on TV, if anything they should have an awards show on YouTube
>MTV has no credibility left in the music department

they had jared leto mention chester

youtube.com/watch?v=A9uK8T49aLI

Agreed with this. I have no understanding of what mainstream music even is anymore. Without radio to dictate what's popular I have no idea how something is determined to be popular or relevant.

>instead they had some distant relative of robert lee disavow "white supremacy"
Did they really? Jesus. What the fuck is MTV?

oh cool ok

mtv wasn't that bad early on, what really destroyed it was the real world and all the reality tv crap offshoots they created because the real world was such a big hit.

I assume this shit is just determined by word of mouth through the internet now.

This. I don't know if it's the fact that I'm older now or if the internet really has fucked the way the music scene works on a fundamental level. I remember back in high school everyone liked Linkin Park and girls like boy bands. I don't know what the kids like anymore. Even Bieber is basically a relic and that was well after my time.

That aside MTV is failing because the internet has been a thing now for a while and all they show beyond that is the absolute worst bottom barrel reality television garbage.

>tfw you lived long enough to see the slow, painful, miserable death of mainstream media networks
It's only just beginning

Jackass as well. All that together is when it started being way more about teen culture and nothing about music.

Then, Youtube came along at the absolute perfect time to take that entire demo away from them. They've been in a slow freefall ever since.

>tfw they literally cut to commercial break during the Chester Bennington memorial and advertised some shit for tobacco

Holy hell I couldn't stop laughing.

why did 30 secs to mars perform in infrared

youtube.com/watch?v=tKn5-6FP5iY

>advertising for tobacco

Are the literally retarded or does MTV air in other countries like the Indonesia? The tobacco industry is dead here in the US outside of the deep, deep South.

MTV did have some good non-music programming in the 90s/early-00s -- Beavis and Butthead, Daria, Sifl & Olly, FEAR -- I loved FEAR; I rewatch episodes in October -- and some more.

But, it's shifted so far from music, that it's not even worth being called MTV OR having VMAs.

Entertainment is fundamentally changing.

I remember when I recorded Evanescence videos and watched Counter Strike tournaments on MTV. it was so cool. this channel died in 2004

It was Anti-Tobacco which they are on a crusade about for some reason.

jackass and wildboyz were pretty much the only things worth watching on mtv when they were airing, i can't remember anything else worth a shit on mtv during that time, just a bunch of fucking reality tv shows for airhead teen girls

Oh, well that makes more slightly more sense but what a waste of money and time. Everyone with half a brain has stopped. Vaping saw a bit of a revival but it's just as expensive.

Can't believe millions of people missed such quality programming.

Probably Jared Leto's idea

>best fight against the system

Why do I get the impression that Elen is kinda redpilled.

>for some reason
They've been doing that shit for a long god damn time. Though, you would think that opiates and meth is the bigger problem than some assholes vaping.

Ellen looks like she doesn't want to be there

>Ellen's face

Because it stands out and looks different and people don't care if it sounds like shit

also the mom of the girl from the protest came on stage as well

>Elen is kinda redpilled
That or soulless. It's hard to tell.

>What went wrong?

People are still watching that shit?

its virtue signaling at its best because you go and google these young celebrity and theirs plenty of pictures of them smoking

I wonder how much Ellen got paid to be there.

No, that's why we're wondering what went wrong.

>look how awful these performances are

No.

Same night as the McGregor and Mayweather fight

they tried to tap into the sjw crowd too much and made the mistake of thinking they are more than a very loud vocal minority

mark my words, they will attempt to appeal to a politically incorrect market next

Nah, I think the VMAs were last night, not Saturday.

They had to compete with the season finale of GoT which probably has a lot of overlap with the potential VMA audience.

its always been marxist kike niggger trash but lately the the jews are shifting into maximum overjew

>jackass

Was always fucking stupid and contributed to creating the pathetic manchilden that exist today.

state of Katy Perry, is this her final form?

They cut the actual tribute out with a commercial mid broadcast, check the comments.

Unironically, this is fascinating
>Katy, still bretty hot using a fidget spinner like a retard
>the audience clapping like seals
>Ellen with "wtf am i watching" face

the show is called jackass and you are saying it was always fucking stupid

are you literally retarded?

>oblivious, propaganda peddling bimbo uses meme co-opted by normies
>finding white people in the crowd amongst the jews and mud people is like going through a where's waldo book
>Ellen screaming internally

I didn't know it was on until after it had already aired.

Yes Ellen joked that she was missing the finale and hoped her wife was recording it at home then gave some award to pink for making music videos and Pink went on some tangent that her daughter that acts like a tomboy thinks shes ugly and not cute and then pink was saying how it's not ok for kids to feel this way and that all kids should be themselves. Also she had some fuck trump sticker or something on her clothes

Every - EVERY - single actor and famous musician is on cocaine and likely heroine. There are ZERO exceptions.

The biggest artists in music stopped going to it. The same thing is happening to the grammys. Yes the VMAs were always shit but it was hands down the only place where wildly popular artists from all forms of music would get together and you'd see shit happen.

When it's come to the point where Drake is at an English Music Festival instead. Taylor drops a video during its airing and doesn't go to it, The Weeknd doesn't go to it because doesn't feel like it even though he's scheduled to fucking perform. Kendrick only being there because you gave him like 5 awards as well as perform. And No Kanye.

The VMAs used to have fucking moments. They stopped letting the artists get totally shitfaced at the awards show (which they used to it was an open secret that half the audience would be drunk) because of the Kanye Taylor shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=qc_39aTxsP0

youtube.com/watch?v=RvaakT52RjQ

youtube.com/watch?v=MAy-NtCQCB8

youtube.com/watch?v=udDlSRgyxMc

youtube.com/watch?v=uiV0Y6XjgnI

All moments that were discussed and remembered for days, if not years.

It's just fucking dead like everything else in this very boring era of music right now.

>heroine

Yeah, but they will cause the most damage possible to new media before dying.

Same night as GoT finale. Really retarded of MTV.

MDE music videos when?

>that Gimme More performance
Jesus, was that supposed to be as uneventful as possible?

youtube.com/watch?v=k06lLDDe-b4

If I was defending that stupid shit, then yes, I would be retarded.

there's still a mainstream pop culture but not mainstream in the sense that it's determined by radio stations and tv networks. it's mainstream in the sense that it's the majority of the population.

and it's social media now that helps in making a song popular.

So is that trash Mexican song I've seen around gonna sweep at the Grammys?

Kikes.

They outkiked themselves. No one is buying their shit anymore. The world is waking up from the nightmare we call the Jew

Ellen has the look of a woman who is acutely aware of the fact that she's being used as a prop due to her sexual orientation.

youtube.com/watch?v=N5L1R_b64e0

I miss the old MTV, back when it played music videos and stuff like Liquid Television.

It went wrong when MUSIC Television has nothing to do with music.

Same as Discovery Channel and nothing but PAWN STARS CANADA TURBO EX 2 + EDITION.

DELET

youtube.com/watch?v=G69nsT_WaIo

they don't play music anymore?

Anti trump nonsense

they're pretty awful

>uneventful

What? That disastrous performance was the event. That's all people talked about with Britney for days until she did some even crazier shit. 2007 Britney was crazy as fuck, very entertaining. Fun fact, Britney Spears still has no legal control over any of her money, ten years on.

>justin timberlake bopping his head as madonna cucks him
Wh*tes

Generation Z is the meme generation

Like the comments before me stated, it's shocking that MTV still exists. I'm from a third-world country and everyone here finds music (our most famous genres are limited to this country) through friends, snapchat groups, twitter, youtube and a big site to download mp3 where the artists post their work.

Generation Z is the cuck generation. They all would rather watch someone do something rather than do it themselves. From watching someone play videogames, to watching people fuck even just watching other people eat.

It used to be bigger than that in the 90's and late 80's. EVERY musical act wanted in on it. Now it's literally useless.

>put your awards ceremony circlejerking musicians with insane egos on the same night as the Game of Thrones finale and the new episode of Rick and Morty
gee, I wonder

>history channel
>it's a show about retarded canadian rednecks driving trucks over ice lakes

I can confirm this. I haven't bought any CDs since 2003, DVDs since 2007, I don't own any Blurays, I pirate movies, tv shows and music, and rarely go to the cinema.

jesus... what level of meta is this?

Nobody who is big in music goes to the VMAs anymore. Even the Grammys have more pull.

It went from Moonmen to Moon(((people)))

This is the least streamed song on her entire album if she wasn't going to sing why the fuck would she choose that track.

>pay 60 bucks to experience a shitty microtransaction laden game
>watch a free jewtube video to get an idea of what the game is