New Sky Atlantic series "Britannia" will finally add some flavour to historical drama genre

New Sky Atlantic series "Britannia" will finally add some flavour to historical drama genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=lC1ZdVDffCs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aulus_Plautius
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxilia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

VVE

VVUZ

Nigger you can't fucking mean this.

BONGZ

>First world countries are now actively trying to rewrite their own history
kek. White people really are the master race

AND SHIIIIET

Actually, nego legionaries in any part of the empire is not out of the question. Rome owned Moecia, Egypt (which owned Nubia), and Numidia, giving them plenty of access to blacks. Pretty much any foreigner that could fight and wasn't already a slave could join the legion. It was the best way for a man to gain citizenship within the empire. After that it is likely they would be shipped off far from their home so they are less likely to defect and will identify more with Roman culture than their former culture.

So a black legionary in Britannia is entirely plausible. It's not like it attests to any quality inherent in black people one way or the other. It just attests to the expanse and practices of the Roman Empire.

Is it a prerequisite of making a historical drama that the costuming has to be horrendous?

There we go again...

>It just attests to the expanse and practices of the Roman Empire.
lel
The only thing this shit attests to is to how much europe loves that BBC.

UK and it's cuck loving ways are actively trying to separate themselves from Europe. Keep the cancer in quarantine on the island where it belongs.

>tfw literally not one piece of media be it a film or tv show or documentary has portrayed late Roman soldiers accurately

>implying the rest of western europe isn't just as bad
50 years from now, Eastern Europe will be the only thing worth a damn in that continent.

Isn't Moesia in Serbia?

>Roman african legion
>probably tan jihadi looking fellows
>casts darkest actor they can find

Only Nubia was black. Nubia was never romanised and it's highly unlikely any possible Nubian in the legions would be sent over to Britain when there'd be much closerby legions and manpower. It's blackwashing.

looking good can't wait for more romans beating the shit out of druids and brits alike

Numidians were Berbers, not black. Nubians range from not much darker than Mediterraneans to very dark but no legions were ever raised in Nubia. Two were raised in Upper Egypt, which is the closest thing. One was wiped out shortly after it was founded and the other was deployed to Thrace, not Britain, and was destroyed at the Battle of Adrianople.

Showing anyone black looking in Britain is just historical revisionism.

A Roman settlement was found as far south as South Africa, it was on the Indian Ocean side South East.

Meant Mauretania, got my Roman Provinces confused.

Looks shit and once again touched by liberals but I'll watch since I'm not really interested in anything else and historical stuff is always nice

>le numdians were black meme
numidia is in Algeria not the depths of the Congo

But a settlement was found further south. Back to Sup Forums wit ye.

Don't be silly user, just look at all these black people

>A Roman settlement was found as far south as South Africa
user don't be an idiot, that's logistically impossible.

anyone have a date for when it starts?

how far south, beyond the Sahara? you know that massive fucking desert?

SOMEONE HAS TO BE BLACK YOU ASSHOLE
ITS BEEN THIS WAY SINCE AT LEAST 2017
GEEZ

>A Roman settlement was found as far south as South Africa, it was on the Indian Ocean side South East.
please be bait

You know they'd just complain that they don't "look Roman"

A settlement was found on the Indian ocean side, way south. A thousand plus years later a castle or tower was built on top the remnants.

Lets fucking downvote that shit my fellow anonymuz legion

I only see ebonic people there

Sounds like bullshit to me user

Southern Africans built stone forts to use as cattle enclosures, which might be what you're thinking of.

this, in the mayority of time they don't hire meds

Read it somewhere. It was covered by vegetation.

What evidence do you have of this?

WE

To be fair to that user, the Romans DID go to sub-Saharan Africa, but there doesn't seem to be any many settlements, just exploration and plundering.

I read it. They're there digging shit up even now. You'll probably get a Discovery special from it.

i knew an algerian guy and he was literally whiter than me. you wouldn't have been able to tell he was algerian if it wasn't for his weird name, rat face, and his predisposition to molest drunk girls at parties.

Firts Troy with black Achilles, Patroclos and Zeus, now this shit. And they always blackwash heroes, why not make a movie with a black actor portraying Hitler?

do you have a link? was the website the Atlanta Black Star?

All the evidence we have is of North Africans, and even they were few and far between. Time to destroy that like bar.

WE

Wasn't that the issue? Almost nobody in the actual Legion was actually Italian by the 2nd Century AD. The closest you'd get is Illyrians.

a black man in a roman army is pretty much guaranteed as they ruled over some black lands in africa, and it's quite possible and believable one would get sent north in a campaign

that being said i have absolutely zero doubt they just put a nigger in because they're a bunch of faggot kikes pushing for diversity and niggerify and general destruction of europe with 100 million more boat shitskins that are not just worthless but horribly detrimental to our society.

gas the bikes race car now, we will P U R G E soon

I'm talking about their armor you dingdong

I don't read Nigger shit. It was science something or another.

>dude! everyone in africa is sub-saharan black!
westerners are, in my humble opinion, are a bunch of dumb fucks when it comes to geopolitics and ethnic groups. you'd think after having conquered the world, they'd have a bit more knowledge on these things

>it a Sup Forums screeches about 'muh historic revisionism' and don't do anything but moan about it on Sup Forums episode

re-runs suck, i'm changing the channel.

NOBIS
ERAT
ROMANUS
ET
EXCREMENTUM

>nego legionaries in any part of the empire is not out of the question
Negro legionaries in around the 1st century AD are absolutely out of the question. Only citizens could serve in the legions, and only Italians were citizens at this time. There were auxiliary troops from all over the place, but even the famed WE WUZ Numidians were from TUNISIA AND ALGERIA, not sub saharan Africa. The Romans were certainly aware of niggers, but they were very limited in numbers and never formed any regular army units.

Pic related are the direct descendants of the "black" Numidians.

the fact that you have no link and google gets me nothing can only mean it's bullshit

That's true. They did. There are dead black Roman slaves in England as well. Who cares? It'll shut the SJW up.

>moors were black
honestly i blame american education for letting them believe this

>a black man in a roman army is pretty much guaranteed as they ruled over some black lands in africa, and it's quite possible and believable one would get sent north in a campaign
But we know for a fact from 5th century sources that only two legions were ever raised in parts of Africa that could sort of be considered "black", if you consider pic related black. One remained in its home province and the other was sent to Thrace. Neither ever went to Britain.

The equipment of those troops is about 350 years more modern than whatever the show seems to be portraying. It's like dressing soldiers from the English civil war in ww2 uniforms.

>slaves
Yeah, they had black SLAVES.

WE WUZ NUBIANS AND SHEEIT

AYO
HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN
WE WUZ
slaves?

>egypt

WE

>thats actually a main character not some extra
god damn it britbongs

it doesn't matter who they are. what matters is their plan.

Listen son, I shit shit, I don't talk shit. If I read something then it was proposed by some science types. They're still digging. Meaning they found something but they're not sure if the old stuff they found proof enough of a settlement or that dudes who probably lived there simply traded with the Romans.

>cant back up his claims
>tells people to go back to Sup Forums instead

based retard

Oh yes, I'm sure this exists and you aren't just making it up.

Listen you cock sucking, shit eating, pus gurgling dumb bitch, when I read something I don't bookmark it or save the page for the off chance I'd come across a cock gobbler wanting to do forensic extrapolations.

You can go suck Tyrone Martin's dick.

You're the one making up stories to fellate nigger fantasies.

but we didn't conquer the world. it was black romans that did

>JUST BELIEVE MY AHISTORICAL RAMBLING ITS TOTALLY TRUE... YOU BIGOTS

blow your head off faggot

you're full of shit and you know it. if you were being serious you would have posted proof by now.

To be the Rome army did have auxiliaires from Africa.

Listen you stupid cunts, if I said I read it, then I read it. I fucking read it.

I'm honestly shocked at the current state of this website. Yeah, we made racist jokes sometimes, but it was all fun, right? At the end of the day, we all voted for Obama, we all supported gay marriage, and we all opposed racist conservative christians. But now? Our entire fucking site is subverted because of fucking nazis.

The internet is OUR platform. the LIBERAL platform. Racism, sexism, misogyny, were all confirmed to be left in the past because millenials are the most left-wing generation of all time. So why in the FUCK, do we still have to deal with nazis IN TWENTY-FUCKING-SEVENTEEN? Despite how much you wanna cry about how it's just a conspiracy and a boogeyman, Russian hackers ARE real, and this site is proof. We went from one of the most liberal sites in the world to supporting Orange Fucking Hitler? Nah, that's not normal progression because people only get more liberal with age, just like how you get smarter with age.

Threads like these just show that we need MUCH more strict moderation around here. I'm sick of all of this shit. Fuck Nazis, Fuck Fascists, Fuck Hitler, Fuck Trumpf, Fuck White Pride, and FUCK REPUBLICANS.

dont reply to me anymore

>BAIDERZ

Set in AD 43, the series follows ancient Rome's conquest of the Celts in the British Isles — "a mysterious land ruled by wild warrior women and powerful druids who can channel the powerful forces of the underworld." Celtic rivals Kerra and Antedia must work together to fight off the Roman invasion led by Aulus Plautius.

hmmm, it sure does sound like he is the main character to me sweety

I say you're a dumb faggot, you're a dumb faggot.

The number one thing I hate about this pasta this idea that Sup Forums didn't vote third party.

>ruled by wild warrior women

Roman soldiers could elevate themselves in rank and become citizens after becoming freed men. No way in fuck they would allow that.

I'm sure they had some swarthy brothers as mercenaries but not actual soldiers of the army.

hmmmmm

you sure ain't educated well are you buttercup?

actually does play the first governor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aulus_Plautius

I cant wait to see how many white British women he'll impregnate

listen you cunt, I will piss all over you.

sounds hot

>One brief rebel leader = "land ruled by warrior women"

Significant development of the Auxilia appears to have taken place during the rule of the emperor Claudius (41–54 AD).
A minimum term of service of 25 years was established, at the end of which the retiring auxiliary soldier, and all his children, were awarded Roman citizenship
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxilia

What are the chances that some pure as fuck Aryan forest nymph gets BLACKED because one of the writers has a fetish?

Which conforms to what I said, that doesn't give you a set of bones that you could dna test. Nor does it give you a rank list of who was in the army and when and where they came from nor bones of those people you could test.

No evidence, at all.

hmmmm

DUDE
LET'S JUST CASUALLY AND INCREASINGLY MAKE CHARACTERS IN HISTORICAL PIECES BLACK UNTIL EVERYONE BELIEVES THAT EVERYONE ALWAYS HAD A HEALTHY MULTICULTURAL 20% BLACK POPULATION LMAO

liberals are populated with wishywashy faggots that want to have perfect utopian shit. So in order to make that work, you need to rework history so everyone was always there and always fit.

otherwise you'd have to exclude people.

Liberals dominate acting.

Guess what's always been there then. Only reason you care is they're being more blatant about it now.

Damn, I didn't know I was Russian. My grandma's gonna kill me.

When are you going to refute the fact 99.9% of tribal leaders and warriors were men and the notion of Britain being a land "ruled by wild warrior women" is nonsense.