Has it begun? Has Trump's destruction of America finally forced normies to take the Snyder-Pill?

Has it begun? Has Trump's destruction of America finally forced normies to take the Snyder-Pill?

>screenrant.com/dceu-batman-donald-trump-america/

>In no uncertain terms, Batman V Superman shows the danger of believing good people given power can remain uncorrupted. But Snyder doesn’t present this bleak landscape for its own sake: the entire conflict hinges on these prejudices being overcome. If the world presented in the DCEU has proven to be a shockingly accurate reflection of our own, the saving grace of that story should probably be looked to for some hope, if not concrete solutions.

>Especially since the story sees Batman absolved of his failures, and acknowledge the reasons for his hatred in time to do what heroes must: identify the true enemy, and disarm them. And for those seeing only enemies around them in their communities, their political arenas, and their nations, seeing through the confusion to the ones most eager to not be noticed isn’t any easier than it was for Batman. But he did it… and so can we.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vlRNnC7GupQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BIxALSFkuDo
youtube.com/watch?v=nbb6K9Jh3Lg
youtube.com/watch?v=6zEAMkp8TuU
flickeringmyth.com/2017/03/jay-baruchel-praises-batman-v-superman-as-the-worlds-most-expensive-indie-film/
comicbook.com/dc/2017/02/20/james-cameron-praises-zack-snyder-movies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Truly, our messiah!

The more time goes by, the more BvS will be appreciated for the genius that it is

I actually dont want normies to realise how good bvs is, these shameless cucks will claim they were always on the snyder train

So this went from being Donald Trump, the movie to being anti-Trump the movie?

Give it time, this will be hailed as one of the goat capeshits ever released. mfw Sup Forums might actually be right

extreme Libtards and extreme conservatards both tried to misinterpret the movie to fit their own agendas.

Snyder deals purely in grays.

BvS is literally the perfect snapshot of America today, it's literally prophetic that it was written 2+ years ago and released more than a year ago.

Its not prophetic if it dealt with an immediate post 9/11 world

deals with american foreign policy
the fact that no one ever brings up the fact that superman was baited into a corporate sponsored false flag in a war torn region is proof enough that everyone was too busy thinking about snyder to car to watch the movie

>Sup Forums might actually be right
Dude I hate breaking kayfabe here but that movie is straight up unwatchable. And I say that as a person who like Snyder's Watchmen.

And theres nothing wrong with not liking bvs, god knows it has flaws but even the greatest films has its detractors

I for one am glad

I thought Trump was supposed to represent Superman. He's the outsider with great power who suddenly appeared in the political landscape.

Again, all the bullshit defending BvS is about what it's supposed to be saying and not about how it's made, which is the biggest problem the movie has.
Putting concept above execution leads to the demise of the arts, which are supposed to be a celebration of skills just as much, if not more, than of concepts and ideas. There's philosophy for that, but shit like BvS is too pedestrian for that so it stays in a limbo where it's neither one or the other so people who aren't intellectuals or artists can still feel good about themselves for appreciating this pretentious mediocrity which is nothing but a reflex of their own existence.
It's not by chance that works like Snyder's are praised in a board full of neets and underachievers such as Sup Forums.

No, is liquid shit and will still be liquid shit in 20 years

Ok user

>clickbait article is followed up by a clickbait article
No, user. This movie is shit. It will forever be seen as shit.

but what if a movie dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a film aspired to something greater?

If anything he's Lex. A mentally unstable oligarch with delusions of grandeur who fosters hatred and paranoia for his own personal gain.

>Trumplets actually believe this
oy vey

The left is utterly broken.
>youtube.com/watch?v=vlRNnC7GupQ

His hopes and dreams travel with him.

>If anything he's Lex. A mentally unstable oligarch with delusions of grandeur who fosters hatred and paranoia for his own personal gain.
You tell'em girl!

the thing about analyzing bad films is no one wants to do it because the films are still bad no matter how much pseudo-intellectual circle jerking you do.

>I thought Trump was supposed to represent Superman. He's the outsider with great power who suddenly appeared in the political landscape.

Correct.
>youtube.com/watch?v=BIxALSFkuDo

By 2020 BvS will be widely considered a classic of the capeshit genre up there with The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2

Trump represents Batman.

Mr. FLYS ANYWHERE AROUND THE (((GLOBE)))..

Think about it dipshit.

jesus christ, that actually made me tear up a bit

>the danger of believing good people given power can remain uncorrupted.
So vote Hillary in 2020, goyim!

God bless this man.

>when liberals end up attacking a film rejecting blind hatred because they realize that's exactly what they are now
BvS said more about the media the more the media spoke about BvS. Snyder's magnum opus cast a disturbing mirror on those who have become the profiteers of social divide.

>the totality of media's conversation on the movie has been blatant profiteering on the spinning of false narratives
>somehow the current political landscape isn't what we were heading to
>movie so coherent even our *actual* reality reflects and reaffirms the content of the movie

i can't go against snyder, time and time again, he's right on the money

>literal illegal alien who puts all ideas of personal american superiority in question
>implying lex (and yeah bruce too) isn't representative of trump, who has to be on top no matter what
you know.... there's another interesting aspect of the movie.... when lex says 'he doesn't know how to lose'

ahaha at least no one in power in our actual reality is willing to blow it all up just to make sure everyone knows they have the bigger dick hahahaha

It feels so great to have a cool president again.

Both BvS and MoS work with these metatextual social themes that are seemingly without fault proven though general audience reaction.

They're fucking fascinating social studies and I can't think of anything else like them. The audience reaction, expected to be divisive literally works right into the narrative of the films, right down to the core thematics.

I fucking hate capeshit and blockbuster movies in general, but Snyder literally works on a level that I don't think many people know how to look for. He's unironically a genius.

Lex is Soros. He controls the media, the politicians all while keeping a guise of philantrophism. Trump is honest about who he is. Lex's game is deception.

There's a reason why Clark rages in frustration against White to the meaning of journalism now being lost.

youre literally talking out of your ass and projecting your lunativ Sup Forums beliefs onto what is fundamentally a liberal work.

Snyder himself confirms Clark Superman = Immigrants/Muslims

>There's a reason why Clark rages in frustration against White to the meaning of journalism now being lost.
youtube.com/watch?v=nbb6K9Jh3Lg

Snyder confirms Superman as an outsider trying to fit in a world of hatred, paranoia and greed. In MoS he mirrors the coming of the New Testament. I think you can make the point that he faces some of the issues liberal muslims do but that's limiting the outsider-fitting-in theme into just that. Superman's dilemma stems from being of another world but who considers himself wholly human, American and probably even Christian. The dilemma is in the world not accepting him as one of our own. You can apply that theme to various people or groups of people.

superman is and has always been jesus, everyone knows this

>And for those seeing only enemies around them in their communities, their political arenas, and their nations, seeing through the confusion to the ones most eager to not be noticed
> seeing through the confusion to the ones most eager to not be noticed
> the ones most eager to not be noticed

holy shit did they just name the jew?

nah

bvs makes the claim that jesus himself is another capeshit, and that through history there's always some central figure that everyone references themselves against
how does person deal with being thrust into this position?

What both of you fail to realize is you're just injecting your own bullshit onto the movie because the movie is so utterly devoid of actual content or meaning.

As the plot of the movie is literally nothing but "lex h8 supermans." that's it. There are no subplots, there are no overarching themes. Literally every second of the movie is "lex h8 supermans." But they spent 300 million making this movie, so your mind automatically starts filling the blanks in the narrative with whatever bullshit you personally believe. The movie is a glorified inkblot. A collage of comic panels strewn randomly in a jackson pollock style splatter pattern.

This amount of brainletting should be punishable by death.

The only mental gymnastics involved would be to somehow believe the film does not have a heavy political, social and even mythical subtext. Nevermind that even Terrio and Snyder's comments about the film support it.

>I AM SILLY!!!

Your lack of counter-argument has been noted.

Nevermind that Terrio is a Harvard graduate with genius level IQ with vested interest in the field and Snyder graduated in Classical Arts before venturing into film.

A far cry from the hacks who get the privilegie to be Kevin Feige's little whores.

might as well just name any fucking rich person who bends the so called infallible political structure to their own ends

if anything, that is precisely why we're shown lex do all this shit
>absolute power corrupts absolutely

it's not the outsider who makes us question ourselves that is the enemy

there is a parallel to trump, not because trump just happens to be trump like, but because he's such a caricature of the egoic rich man, this is coincidental to me, the point of lex's actions is that for those who have that power, again, the political system is just another thing that can manipulated for personal gain

all this finger pointing to try to find out who the 'enemy' is is exactly what bvs is trying to get us all to face

Perhaps demagogues should stop looking at it from a democrat/republican point of view and look at it more from a POV of these things being fundamentally part of the corrupt USA DNA. The country is rotten to the core, and the final statement is only unity can repair it, but politicians, the media, etc have a vested interest in keeping us divided.

If you read any part of this film as a validation of Trump, you're literally the problem with this country, much as someone who reads it wholly a validation of liberal ideas. It's about the bigger picture.

The problem with any "heavy" theme you read into the movie is it'll be contradicted by one or more scenes.

>only unity can repair it,
>It's about the bigger picture.
how far do you think the movie is trying to take this idea

that's not true at all

while IRONY is rampant throughout the movie and in between scenes, there's never a point where the movie breaks anything in its established logic

>the character of lex luthor represents how the existence of godlike figures on earth neuters the agency of man. As what are the accomplishments of man worth if Gods can just do the same thing instantly and effortlessly?

>in BvS luthor is the only character with any agency

???????

>personal gain
>trashing his brand
>trashing his character
>getting half the country to call him a nazi, racist, hitler, ku klux klan sexist
>being attacked by the (((msm))) 24/7
>made the biggest enemies one can make in both parties and around the world
>beat a candidate with 3x the money and 100% of the media behind her
>etc.
you libs just can't comprehend someone doing something because they think it's right for its own sake... it's fascinating
>youtube.com/watch?v=6zEAMkp8TuU

The only logic the movie establishes is "lex h8 supermans."

The text is all wrong. If anything Lex is the man so afraid of God he would rather kill him than come to terms with there being someone above him. He is a militant atheist if anything. Desperately rejecting God because God makes him feel small.

Note that Superman is not and have never claimed to be God. But Lex's paranoia and ego turns him into one without realizing the irony that he's the one attaching a God-like aura to Superman. There is a lot of irony in BvS.

>hi i only watched bvs

that's nice

The MSM got Trump elected

You're a fucking sheep.

nice bait

>But ironically, the only character actually doing anything in this movie is also an idiot!

wow such deep

What the fuck you on about? While MoS Superman does mirror the coming of Jesus, he never claims to be God. He is of two worlds, within him a new Kryptonian doctrine of free will and choice. There are obvious similarities like that. But Superman is not God. Superman is turned into a God-like figure by Lex which is the irony considering his motives of attempting the opposite. His self-less sacrifice creates the image of a savior and the Ideal Man. A self-less sacrifice enabled by Lex.

>The MSM got Trump elected

NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER NAZI NAZI DARK DARK SCARY SCARY HITLER

Oh Sweetie

>refute my post with study about coverage during presidency
>opt not to post study also by Harvard pointing out how MSM helped Trump during election which is what I mentioned
Brainlet fucking leave. You're not fit to discuss a superman movie, much less politics

Batman represents neocons, going kill frenzy and obsessed with destroying seemingly harmless foreign powers. Everythkng they didn't control had to be killed.

Superman is the American spirit, the "wolkgeist" of the United States after 9/11. Brought from abroad but raised in America, both Superman and the people found themselves with amazing, unmatched powers and they both tried to use it to help humanity as a whole, only to be blamed for everything and distrusted for the potential uses of said powers. After 9/11, Superman/the people couldn't trust themselves either. Did we cause this? Who are our allies?

Luthor represents the corporate lobbyists, especially the military complex ones.

In the end America as a estate (Batman) and as the people (Superman) found out they have the same origins and motivations and joined to defeat the ultimate military industry produced false flag war starter (Doomsday)

Don't reply to me again brainlet. We know BvS makes you very upset but you can still go make a GoTG2 thread and hey maybe this time more than two people will reply.

I was talking about your shitty interpretation of lex luthor as evidenced by how the only depiction of him you've ever seen was in BvS.

though that's a nice wall of gibberish you posted.

Your lack of counter-argument has been noted.

So you want to talk about Donner Lex? Or 70's comic Lex? Or 60's comic Lex? The only relevant Lex to this discussion is the BvS Lex you cocksucking whoreson.

>memespouting Mouseshill mad nobody even humors his shite posts anymore

then why call the character lex luthor? If you're going to do something completely at odds with every single other interpretation, why use the name at all?

Why did Donner use the Lex name when it's nothing at all like the original comic book Lex?

Oh wait, Marvelfaggot pretending he gives a shit about the source material but being wholly ignorant about it? A common thing as of late...

You seem very angry, ma'am.

Indirectly I suppose

Why stay on topic when you can just whine about another company that only (you) are mentioning?

Marvelfaggot ousted and destroyed. Getting easier and easier by the day.

*tip* my friend

So you have no response to the question of why call the character "lex luthor" if the character is going to bear zero resemblance to any interpretation of that character?

>gets literally BTFO
>shitpostsmwith gif in response
>confuses several anons for one
Just leave.

I already gave you a response you illiterate marvel dog

see Its okay if you have no response. BvS made a huge mistake mangling epicurus, as it leads to questioning why call any of these characters batman, superman, lex, etc. As they bear zero resemblance to any other interpretation of the characters apart from some token bullshit.

Why did you ignore my question, dog?

>Why did Donner use the Lex name when it's nothing at all like the original comic book Lex?
Answer it.

>As they bear zero resemblance to any other interpretation of the characters apart from some token bullshit.
Imagine how much of a dullard one must be to make arguments based on utter bullshit.

Yes, I tend to ignore irrelevant prattling that exists only to dodge questions with no answer.

Though kudos for staying in your argued corner for this long without bitching about marvel.

>world's greatest detective: idiot
>insane intensely wealthy genius: idiot
>superman: idiot

It is the quwstion you ask. But a question you ask only of BvS but not any other film despite them all doing it countless times. Now answer me.

Why did Donner use the Lex name when it's nothing at all like the original comic book Lex?

Its absolutely breathtaking that Snyder would take the massive risk to change Lex's character to fit the current American culture and closer to fit Trump, even though he took lots of shit for it, given that context Eisenberg's performance is a masterwork.

He's doing it again. The Marvel Pajeet replying to everyone with barely correctly typed English. The face of mental illness upon realizing Marvel is artistically long dead and has to take out that frustration on BvS.

>the same numale thats praised this hogwash since the the start is now praising it again
huh

Most of the time when films put a new spin or new interpretation of a character they don't just toss every aspect of every other interpretation of that character.

And this isn't a thread about those films anyway, as they aren't being marketed.

Zack Snyder is an objectivist, moron.

Joss?

And BvS Lex has just as many similarities to original comic book Lex as the Donner one. Why is one a problem for you but not the other?

Oh that's right. The argument is only valid against BvS because it is currently competing with Marvelshit.

Possibly because BvS lex dropped the "isn't a total idiot" part. But that happened with every character.

Isn't it your bedtime Dipto?

Atleast you tried.

but Batman v Superman and Snyder are constantly appreciated by people in the film industry

flickeringmyth.com/2017/03/jay-baruchel-praises-batman-v-superman-as-the-worlds-most-expensive-indie-film/

comicbook.com/dc/2017/02/20/james-cameron-praises-zack-snyder-movies/

it really is crazy

I can feel the effort it took to not whine about marvel.