Rumor: Joker origin movie will be "super dark and real," Joker will be a victim of bullying

>The all-new origin story is believed to take place in the 1980s, and be “a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film”. As is usually the case with rumors, a new one recently lined up with this assessment, and also managed to tease a look far back into Joker’s past.
>"It’s dark. It’s like a dark Joker. As a kid, he had a permanent smile and everyone made fun of him. It’s like on the streets of Brooklyn. It’s super dark and real.”

screenrant.com/joker-origin-movie-rumor-dark-child-bully/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GsbIdSGwoEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just like on the streets of BKLYN

Is Drew gonna reprise his role as the Joker Baby?

>gritty
>bullying is now origin-story-tier fearful

fuck this gay earth

Literally this

Giving Joker an origin story completely ruins the character.

Having the joker be a bully victim is the worst possible origin ever

>this capeshit movie is super real

>Bullied kids becomes school shooter.

Wow, that's kinda offensive.

This
You are shoving him into a box

MOMS

anyone got that video where a college kid is alone in his room doing a joker impression in full makeup and his chad roommate walks in on him and tries to have a conversation

GONNA

>and his name was Light Turner

FLOAT

Why you being the joker brah

Bullies are the true heroes of society. They mark out those that are likely to turn to corruption and expose these cretins for what they are before they claim society has "wronged" them. I applaud the efforts of those willing to turn to pre-emptive oppression in order to root out the most probable suspects expected to act out. Wicked people with malevolent intentions must be routed out at all costs, even if it means resorting to bullying.

I got you, dude
youtu.be/GsbIdSGwoEs

Is melvin gonna be in this?

Yeah, I wish World Peace got a second season too brah.

I thought his origin involved a military background where he got ptsd and went insane. Forgive me if im wrong because I dont watch capeshit but that sounds a lot better than the joker turning into elliot roger

MOM

jesus christ how do people come up with these shit ideas for movies

just fuck my iconic characters up DC, it's what you do best

Man oh man am I getting the same vibes I got when Trank started working on Fant4stic.

The world just can't accept a feminist stand-up comic, Jeannie!

They followed me tonight. The trolls. They came off the Internet and sat right in the front row of my first big gig. The entire set was shut down by their nonstop heckling. I can't take it anymore.

It's time to start a new life OF CRIME.

thanks, that hits the spot

wtf I love The Simpsons' precognitive abilities now

I never understood that joke. Why did Alan Moore get upset when he asked him to sign it? Didn't Moore make Watchmen and V for Vendetta?

No. In the comics, Joker's origin has varied. It's never getten too specific. But each involve him becoming the Joker after falling into a chemical vat after Batman confronts him robbing the place as the Red Hood. Now there are a few explanations as to why he was the Red Hood. 1) He was a smalltime thief 2) He was a struggling comedian with a pregnant wife who did it to avoid financial ruin 3) He was already a master criminal.

Sneed wrote the book without Moore's consent decrying his artistic vision that Moore and Chuck intended to be standalone.

>Joker
>needing an origin movie

>implying Sheldon isn't one bad day away from being a serial killer

>As a kid, he had a permanent smile

>"Yo, Napier, smile if you're gay!"

>"I'm not gay!"

>"Then why are you smiling, fag? LOL!"

>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

["Creep" by Radiohead starts playing]

Lemme guess

The bullies are all gonna be white dudes that look like skinheads and the people who will try to help will brown and female right?

DC had been a dick to Moore and he hates his publishing deal witb them. He disavows anything side from the books henpublished and even tha he has a grudge with DC.
pretty much this. fucm DSneed Comics.

it's all part of Snyder's masterplan. I wonder what beautiful renaissance painting will he pay homage to now? and what biblical figure will this Young Joker represent?

THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL

The Book Of J.
Job. Joker.
BRILLIANT!

>bible
>not the most holy Koran

Yfw he's the bully

4) The mob got him to do the job to pay off debts

>say "wanna know how I got these scars?" to b8 people into thinking there's some cool story behind
>it was actually caused by bullying and extreme wedgies from chads
TWISTED FIRESTARTER

I think they meant a Glasglow smile

The 80s?! Wow soooo cool! I wonder if they'll show arcades and Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom on a marquee, and have a scene where he puts a cassette in a walkman and listens to The Smiths after getting bullied.
The 80s are SOOOOO COOOOOL! I wish EVERY MOVIE was SET IN THE 80s!

He is the bullied kid...
who becomes the bully.
Just like Israel.

Doesn't fucking matter.
Plus that is just reguritating Ledger's Joker.
AHm as a kid with some deformity smile is fucking dumb.

no Young Joker don't do it!

I'm sorry Young Batman, I think this is... my destiny

ALL THE OTHER KIDS WITH THE PUMPED UP KICKS

So it's going to be the Rob Zombie Halloween remake? Great...

DDOOOOOOOOON'T FORGET ABOUT KEYBOARD NECKTIES AND SYNTH POP!!!!!!!!!!

That bully? Tyler the Creator.

Wasn't the Joker bullied in The Killing Joke? I can't actually remember, is that accurate at all?

Wouldn't it be fun if one of his bullies was a girl(male) that sucked his dick by force?

A lot of terrible, psychotic people were bullied a lot as kids. I wouldn't be surprised if the joker was bullied constantly and aggressively. Undoubtedly there was an instance where he gets pushed too far and kills someone, etc. and later realizes that he enjoyed it so much he can't turn back, and finally accepts his true self as an absolute madman.

Reminder this is the project that has Hangover's Todd Phillips as director, 8 mile writer, and Scorcese as producer.

>muh edgy clown fights.
are batman fans the dumbest fanbase?

Nah, mafia. He had to work for them to support his wife, but his wife died and they still made him go through with the Ace Chemical bit.

People want to shit on Marvel but at least they had a plan. DC has no plans and is just trying to make quick money with utter shit

Wanna know how I was bullied in school?

Ah right, it's pretty hazy in my mind. I should re-read it sometime.

underrated

How is that bullying?
Haha
Just kidding I didn't type that
Haha

God you're such a faggot. Neck yourself.

*i wish i was special starts playing*

Joker's origin story should be an anthology movie with a framing device where some detectives are discussing all the possible ways Joker came to be. One part could be the killing joke origin, another could be an origin based on what the Joker talks about in the dark knight (his father slashing his face), one part could be lighthearted while another could be absolutely dark. Then, it's revealed that one of the detectives from the beginning of the movie is actually the joker, and the other detective is batman.

this just made me realize what its their audience like

I loved those kind episodes in BTAS

>rumor
Yeah guys Martin will SURELY get involved in capeshit soon, give some clicks to these guys right now

The true origin story of the Joker is that he's a gangster with big teeth who likes to wear clown make-up for keks.

It was already reported by Deadline homie. The only reason someone like him is doing this is so WB can fund his next passion project after his last movie didn't do so well.

>a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film
>the joker starts flying around in his cape

Capeshit pretending to be art is pathetic

>Deadline
wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg

This actually made me laugh. Thanks

Please. The origin story is definitely him being uncle-fucked in a basement and setting cats on fire in a rural Pennsylvania town. And then some phase where he kills all his family members and takes a job at a McDonalds for like 3 years to save up for a purple suit because comic-characters only become who they are when they don the costume for the first time.

I don't get it.

this legendary tweet

The way he beings each word with a capitalized letter makes it read like a headline, which makes it funnier.

Never have truer words been spoken

This would be cool

holy shit lmao

>Never have truer words been spoken
9GAG misses you, my man

Serial cock monger maybe

>"It’s dark. It’s like a dark Joker. It’s super dark and real.”

Fuck these people man

Checked
Wait this is actually a real thing and not just clickbate? we already know this story.

Why is the Joker wearing a Punisher T-shirt?

>manlets believe this

HE'S A CHEMICAL ENGINEER

Why do they always miss out this criminally unexplored aspect of his character's origins in favor of some trite bullshit like 'he was bullied.' The Joker was an accomplished chemist who worked for a pharmaceutical agency that produced psychiatric medication. There's so much you could do with this but instead we get:
>hurr Brooklyn
>hurr dark
>hurr gritty
>hurr bullies

He has an origin in the comic books. Think he was a failed comedian and went nuts at his wife

That's partially Alan Moore's origin.

Free pick of any actor.
Who should play the Joker?

I don't get it. is Joher Baby supposed to be the son of Joker?

>I wouldn't be surprised if the joker was bullied constantly and aggressively. Undoubtedly there was an instance where he gets pushed too far and kills someone, etc. and later realizes that he enjoyed it so much he can't turn back, and finally accepts his true self as an absolute madman.

The point of the Joker is to show that one bad day is all it takes to fuck someone up entirely, which is what most accept as his origin story these days.

Read a comic book sometime.

Is the Joker going to be raped and that's what turns him evil? Why would Snyder do this?

>wanna know how I got these scars...?
>Johnny BigBalls would walk past me every day while I was waiting at the bus stop
>and he would look me in the eyes...
>and call me a dumb dumb head

Idris elba

easy

DC: Joker origin movie will be "super dark and real," Joker will be a victim of bullying

Marvel: Bullying doesn't exist anymore. Have a nerdy Flash Thomson.