Holy shit! What a ride. What did you guys think?

Holy shit! What a ride. What did you guys think?

do you reckon he ever masturbated over the actress at all? i reckon he did

pretty good. that guy already died tho

It reminds me how it must feel like living in the US now with PRISM and the CIA keeping tabs on everyone through facebook and social media.

Yup, but there is a difference between Stasi and CIA-NSA-PRISM

Stasi thought you were a threat to the government
The American Government does not think you are a threat to it, or even cares about what you do on social media

You're delusional if you think the government gives two fucks about anything you're doing online.

You are not special.

i really really liked gabi fleming's body of work

good film but The Conversation is better

fug. what a shit wallop

Terrible film

t. no such agency

That Honecker joke was hilarious

was not nearly as tense or exciting or suspenseful or even as interesting as it could have been with that premise.

It could have been something like The Conversation but with more espionage and betrayal.

instead it was mostly a fairly weak drama.

Not according to NSA whistle-blower William Binney. The NSA has a file on every living American.

"They don't care" is bollocks. They used the same excuse with Venezuela: "Coup? Us? We don't care about the world's largest oil fields!"

Shit opinions, go back to your /who/ general.

One of the most important films ever made

There is a difference between having a file on every living American and persecuting every living American based on different political opinions

The high levels of tensions, suspense and paranoia in The Conversation are not even comparable with The Lives of Others.
The Lives of Others is still a good movie ofcourse, but a bit overwritten. That ending was really fucking cheesy and unnecessary for example.

The ending was historically accurate, in fact, the entire movie is based upon real events.

Not without oversight. According to Binney, totalitarianism is a "turn of the key away." The CIA spied on Congress to get the "correct" torture report they wanted, and the Senate cowered. So much for oversight and "democracy"

Very good movie.

>movies need to be historically accurate and based on real events to be good
>weeeeeeeeeeew

Tied with the Truman show as my favorite film. It's simply amazing.

Historical accuracy alone does not automatically make a good movie.
If it happened that a grand piano actually fell on him from the top of the building and killed the main character instantly, would that be a good plot point to include just because "it actually happened"?

Yes?

How retarded would you really have to be to make a movie about someones life and then take out how he died because "it's not good for the plot"?

Hi, Paranoid Android

Apparently as retarded as someone who unironically thinks the Conversation>Das Leben der Anderen

Was my favourite movie of all time before I re-watched it. It's still amazing. I called its Oscar win.

You end the film before?
The ending of The Lives of Others has no corellation with the narrative, all what needed to be said or shown has already been said/shown, the actual film is already done, him getting the book is only a "cool" plot closure for the viewers and adds nothing to the narrative, it could've easily ended 15 minutes earlier without any unnecessary time jumps to the future.

When did the Stasi turn, in your opinion?

don't get butthurt just because your favourite movie is melodramatic and wasted its potential.

The Conversation has better performances, soundtrack, sound design, cinematography, blocking, editing, casting, the execution of almost every filmmaking element is done better than in The Lives of Others.
Also The Conversation is pure visual/audio storytelling, while in The Lives of Others half of the information is on-screen textual exposition of the character reading what is happening, especially at the end.

>the entire movie is based upon real events
no it isn't you retard.

There was no Gerd Wiesler you gullible idiot