This scene and the “I’ll do the fingering” scene are better than anything we're gonna get in the Blade Runner sequel

This scene and the “I’ll do the fingering” scene are better than anything we're gonna get in the Blade Runner sequel.

You should accept that.

the unfortunate thing is that Covenant is MUCH better when it tries to be a Prometheus sequel and it falls apart completely when it tries to be an Alien prequel.

Covenant really wasn't that bad. If the supporting characters were written better it'd be kino. David's arc is pretty interesting in my opinion.

The recorder scene felt a little pretentious to me, but the beginning exchange between him and Weyland was kino/10.

Cut the bullshit switch David pulls at the end, and you have a bog standard Alien flick.

>Come to my castle in this thunderstorm and I'll fop around and quote Romantic poets and show you my impeccable but disturbing artwork and say cryptic flowery vaguely sexually threatening things to you and maybe I'll take you down to the basement to show your my crude scientific Frankenstein laboratory where I channel my God complex to create horrific blasphemous abominations against God and nature.

This movie was great. You people have terrible taste.

I like the homage they played to Geiger by making some of his artwork David's. Dude was weird as fuck. Can't imagine what kind of weird bondage and sex fetishes the dude was into.

If you don't like how this movie turned into a Gothic Hammer movie for the second act then fuck you.

Ridley misses the forest for the trees but he's old and has proven himself a dozen times over and can do whatever he wants. At least he makes big budget movies that are interesting and not quipshit.

Agreed

I almost didn't see Covenant because I was so pissed he dropped the idea of making it a Prometheus sequel. He caved in and sold out instead of making his vision for a new franchise and story come from

Daily reminder that Prometheus is good

I'm glad Scott isn't directing. He didn't do anything good since Gladiator.

Blade Runner 2: Run Harder is probably going to be shite, so yeah

I liked both Prometheus and Covenant. Had they'd been separate movies from the rest of the Alien universe I think they would have gotten a lot more praise.

I like about 85% of the movie honestly. The medbay sequence is one of the favourite scenes in a horror movie period.

The only thing I don't like is the last 30 minutes where it becomes Alien 2.0

>The medbay sequence is one of the favourite scenes in a horror movie period.

if you're talking about the one in the beginning on the dropship yeah i agree. it was pretty intense and unsettling.

>22nd century
>people are still rocking tacticool ar-15's and aug's

>2017
>people still rocking AKs

if it ain't broke

>The medbay sequence is one of the favourite scenes in a horror movie period.
Oh come on, it's pretty good and definitely the best part of the movie, but best horror scene period?!

>one of

Top 10

Is the Alien shit in Prometheus and Covenant just Ridley needed to use an established franchise tos ecure big budget sci-fi funding because even he seems bored with it?

It's unironically extremely good.
>great tension
>people actually convincingly acting scared (that's one of Scott's films' biggest strength in general imo)
>well made gruesome effects
It's definitely up there in my top 10.

Also more generally, the opening sequence with David is really good and all the David-Walter interactions are great too. The overarching story is good as well imo, but it's more specific story details that undermine Prometheus and Covenant.

tbqh any movie that references horror story classics such as "O whistle and I'll come to you my lad" is pretty kino.

I thought Sup Forums was just being shitty, but this was bad.
>we're advanced space explored
>let's go up and lick things in a unexplored alien environment
>this robot looks a lot like the other robot
>now the robot cut his hair and looks more like the other robot
I wonder if that will come into play later...

I feel like Ridley has no idea or just forgot what made the original ALIEN so engaging. For example, I kind of liked how the original Space Jockey seemed to be some kind of cybernetic organism that was fused to its control station. I thought that made for some bizarre possibilities on how their species developed and functioned.

If they had to expand on this setting, it might've been interesting for some human explorers to come across a massive orbital structure where we could see more of these things either fused to more control stations or silently stalking around and cultivating xeno eggs. There wouldn't have to be a lot of monsters or jump scares, just humans walking around vast dark alien halls and tunnels and the Jockeys obliviously doing things beyond our logic for reasons we'll never fully understand. What was their relationship with the xenomorphs? Did they create them to be weapons or tools or were they just an experimental life form? Or maybe something else entirely that has no human analogue? Maybe they didn't create them at all.

The way Ridley made it so the Jockeys turned out to be "engineers" who looked more like humans instead of giant elephant-faced creatures, and even created humans while later David was able to decipher their language, fly their ships and even replicate their xenomorph experiments all felt way too convenient and lacked a lot of the mystery of the original movie. Where before we were just a minor species that happened to stumble by freak accident on something we shouldn't have, now we're suddenly the star creation of the engineers who'd actually been looking for us with very clear but asinine and not particularly interesting or compelling motivations.

I was disappointed. Narcissistic robots with god complexes are interesting, just not as interesting as what could've been.

Sure but it's lazy as fuck to give actors an aug with rails and an acog in a movie that is set in the same universe as pulse rifles and smart guns. I thought the wardrobe was on point though.

Good post user.

I have read some of MR James but not that story, what is the reference?

Hey thanks man!

>DUDE PLOTHOLES LAMO

Please fuck off. There are roughly 50 billion reddit threads and e-celeb channels and Sup Forums shitpost threads for you to spew this "snarky" nitcpick diarrhea. Stay in them and let us have one real discussion thread.

Kinda silly how David could just cruise on over to their homeplanet and annihilate them with their own virus. Like didn't their NORAD counterpart freak out when a ship from 2000 years ago just show up and try to get to the surface?

Crazy android says "Whistle and I'll come". Then makes non-crazy bot blow into his flute. Maybe I'm reading a bit into it, but in my mind it was 100% certain after that line that he was going to be a bad fellow.

Neither of the things I pointed out are plot holes, Just poor attention to detail. Having characters be dumb, for no purpose other than creating problems for the story is lazy, even worse when they are supposed to be scientists. The big twist ending with the switch is obvious as soon as you see the second robot. Then hours later it's supposed to be shocking.

Was promised a Prometheus sequel, got Gay Little Robot in Outer Space. "Oh daddy why won't you love me? look I can sing and dance daddy!"

Prometheus is not good. It has the same pitfalls Covenant has: retarded characters getting themselves killed, David killing people for no reason, pseudo-xenomorphs that only fuck with the cannon, science fiction with zero science, retarded plot twists (was anyone surprised at the "twist" in Covenant?), and all around pretentiousness. I honestly can't think of anything more pretentious than turning Paradise Lost into a goddamn creature feature.

Prometheus had one good moment that was so brilliant and so brief I'm pretty sure no one working on the film noticed. It's when expendable human number 14 says they built David only "because they could." That could have been the whole answer behind all of the film's questions but they never bothered to follow through with it, never bothered to explore it. You're left with a big fat "whoops! watch the sequel to find out!" and the sequel didn't answer anything either.

>The big twist ending with the switch is obvious as soon as you see the second robot.

Yeah this. It's a shame because I thought the last scene was well made but I couldn't immerse myself in it because I was just sitting around waiting for the reveal. Should've been Walter who made it back, they way they did it just felt old and tropey.

>The big twist ending with the switch is obvious as soon as you see the second robot. Then hours later it's supposed to be shocking.

Life had similar issues but somehow still managed to make it work. I was almost cheering as I watched it.

Mmhmmm.

Prometheus aged alot better than it had any right to and set up a really interesting and unique universe not too dissimilar to end of evangellion.

Instead we get tsundre robots from ai and stupid tacked on pointless shit and bad cgi.

Prometheus was mainly practicals and it showed.

Rip Winston.

So sad we won't get another Prometheus movie and the universe is dead.

Fuck Scott he has a decade of mediocre shit followed by 2 good movies and immediately goes back and ruins alien all over again.

I get what he was trying to do almost similar to aliens which would have been fine if Cameron wrote and directed it but all we got was step half assed movies instead of a coherent flick.

Prometheus took a huge fucking risk just like alien and aliens and it paid off.

I'd rather watch alien va predator again over covenant fuck that movie in the fingering fluteholes.

If they don't drop the gayvid storyline and nuke it from orbit the series is dead for a another decade

So did David love Shaw?

Why even care? It all happened off screen

probably some bullshit like he did what he did because he loved her

>Why even care?
It's a flash of humanity which is relevant to David's character arc. But if you don't care about the whole gaybot thing like many posters ITT then it's understandable that you wouldn't care.