ITT: Films that went over plebs' heads

ITT: Films that went over plebs' heads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YncouOfQG2o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gorgeous ass.

delicious even

Twin Peaks fire walk with me. Could add the whole show especially the return too.

>tfw pleb friend who can't understand early modern english and thinks it's going to be another shitty horror flick full of cheap jump scares says this is a bad movie

I gushed about this movie to a coworker and this is the exact reason she gave me for not liking it. She quit half way through because it was "boring and she didn't understand what they were saying". I mean she considers Annabelle to be a good horror flick so I'm not really surprised anymore.

It Comes at Night
Inherent Vice
Silence
Batman v Superman

Excellent choices

Not a single patrician in this thread

this is the most pleb shit ever though, fuck off

this is the only correct film itt

what are you talking about? plebs love aranofsky shit

plebs love twin peaks though

haven't watched it yet

shit adaptation, bad movie

It Comes at night is good
Inherent Vice is alright
Haven't watched Silence yet
BvS is a fucking abomination

This is the most accessible tarkovsky, though

>It Comes at Night
>>People do bad things when they're desperate.
Pretty sure this didn't go over anyone's head. Most people just didn't like it because the story was shallow and obvious. It was 90 minutes of well-shot and well-acted, pretentious nothingness.

There was nothing ''pretentious'' about it you stupid pleb

Not sure how the vvitch went over anybody's head. It was deliberately very straightforward because of the source material.

The witch was some truly Middle Brow gargabe made to cater to dumb critics and fresh out of redbit contrarians.
Hurr jumpscares are bad therefore this is the bestest ever also ass xD

How many jumpscares were in the VVitch?

I don't know 3 maybe?

>ITT idiots who for the first time saw something else than a Transformers movie and felt smart

>DUDE FEMINISM LMFAO
>DUDE SMASH DA PATRIARCHY, FEMALE LIBERATION LMFAO
>DUDE CONDEMN YOUR FAMILY AND SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL LMFAO
Yeah no, it didn't go over anyone's head, its just boring trash.

The "peek-a-boo" scare with the baby (which was in the damn trailer) is the only jumpscare I can think of.

But it IS a bad horror movie.
The witch was shilled as a horror movie and ended up being a shitty period drama. It's not really scary at all and it follows the same structure as any other critic baiting movie
>main characters are shown doing menial shit for hours in unnecessarily long scenes supposedly 'building tension'
>lmao religious metaphors
>lmao social commentary
>``attention" to (some) detail
>open/weird ending
It's only praised by dumbasses who just ventured out of mainstream bullshit film and feel all smart and cocky about it.

>scary witch hand
>the boy awakening and speaking weird shit out of the sudden
>probably some other shit I don't remember now

Sounds like it went over yours friendo

That's what you got out of it...?

Pleb successfully filtered

Sure...

>being snobbish about horror flicks
pro tip: horror is an instrinsically pleb genre

>being a pearl-clutching, bible thumping dullard is now accepted on this website
DAMN.

Bad taste. You have to go back.

Nice rebuttal, it's a garbage movie tho.

I took exactly the opposite from it.
>Evil is real
>Feminist rebellion is ugly and horrifying in its late stages
>Prideful defiance of the social order leads to ruin
>The Puritans weren't wrong

I like who the supposed 'non plebs' can't even defend their shitty movies.
It's always " ur a pleb " "ur underage " ur leddit go back"
What a joke

It didn't have any jump scares. That's why you can't understand it as a horror film.

@87096938
Not an argument.

They're both retards. One just calls the movie bad and the other calls him a pleb

There's no actual discussion

>plebs love twin peaks though

they literally don't get it

>obvious
>pretentious
If you weren't tossing buzzwords around without actually knowing what they mean, you'd know obvious and pretentious are mutually fucking exclusive.

It did have several tho, did you even watch the movie or are just shitposting?
I understand that you feel smart for pretending to like a horror movie with few jumpscares but cmon at least watch it

plebs cant handle it.

I like jump scares but I understand that it's a cheap tactic.

The only thing that I'd remotely classify as a jump scare in VVitch is the goat hutch barn scene where the crone is feeding. But that really wasn't a jump. Just a reveal.

>youtube.com/watch?v=YncouOfQG2o

>>and sho on *sniff*

His interpretation of Blue Velvet is very interesting.

>Pretentious - attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed
>Obvious - easy to see, recognize, or understand

How are they exclusive exactly?

maximum comfy

Still a reveal by my reckoning. Jump scares startle the viewer, and I felt no urge to flinch.

dat whore of satan tho

To me the very definition of a movie that deserved better.

It comes at night is my new reverse pleb filter with Inherent vice
Both movies brainlet plebs pretend to like

I just downloaded "It Comes At Night". Can't wait to watch it tonight so I can pretend to like it and make myself look smart.

Inherent vice was a mess, pinecone a books shouldnt get adapted

>meet my friend and his dad in Cloverfield Lane
>smoke vaporizer pen
>movie drags, audibly say "this movie sucks. let's get uncomfortably high"
>proceed
>talk about leaving for another movie
>his dad doesn't want to
>leave alone
>walk into The VVitch knowing nothing about it

Amazing experience. One of the few times weed helped kept me on the edge of my seat for a movie.

No, this is garbage.

Plebs love this though. It's a great movie that can appeal to the low brow audience just looking for some action and fantasy, but also has great themes and subtext for anyone that cares to look. Also that soundtrack.

Scared the shit out of me user

See you have to have some understanding of things other than "LE spooky ghosts"

Having your faith destroyed or existential crisis are far scarier than some faggot in a costume

Literally pro-illegal immigration propaganda

Fuck off

I scrolled this entire fucking thread, all of it. Looking for a screenshot of The Witch.

None of you has posted shit. You disgust me.

>the crow eating the mom's tit
>the sudden shouting of the witches by the fire at the end
>the sudden goring of the father by Black Philip
>the old lady witch screaming and laughing at the kids when they were boarded up in the barn

I love this movie, but it has plenty of jump scares.

Eragon

>It Comes at Night
Isn't it just drama film with horror tacked on.

what the fuck did he mean by this
seriously

this

you didn't understand it, did you user?

This movie was hot garbage.

Post that scene ... you know the one.

On the surface, the movie ends before you realize Matt Damon ruined Elysium for everyone and the entire system collapsed.

None of those are jump scares.

I only remember two jump scares, and they were the only two scares at all in the whole stupid movie.

It Comes at Night is good
I haven't read any reviews or anything, and I don't really look at this board because a majority of people are idiots (this likely includes you) and I hate their opinions, but the movie was good.

Good disaster kino on par with Cloverfield Lane. I want more money thrown at this kind of thing.

So is It Comes at Night the new version of the babadook meme?

it ripped cloverfield lane of course it is on par with it you dummy

Hopefully, so people can stop falsely praising It Follows

truly patrician

Wait. There are people so pleb they didn't get The Witch? It's not exactly a very difficult movie to understand, it was just a regular good flick, not some pretentious arthouse garbage where not even the director can explain it.

More like patrician that got turned into pleb shit. Fucking ending makes no god damn sense because the hack director changed it for normies

All those red pills you've been taking have given you paranoid schizophrenia

I enjoy that David Lynch has made the 3rd season draw heavily from FWWM and has made it almost entirely unaccessible to plebs who just watched the original run for coffee and pie

i wanted to like Neil Blommkamp so bad after District 9 and he just kept shitting out worse and worse movies

Whatever helps you sleep at night, intimidated pleb

This. He was suppose to be the DiCaprio of directors.

>dad is a fan of tom hanks
>this movie comes on and I watch it with him
>remains silent throughout the movie with an inquisitive look on his face
>movie ends
>he says "What in the fuck?"
>gets up and goes to work on the boat

I loved this movie but I did get the feeling of a style over substance thing, maybe on a second or third viewing I'll get more from it

The movie had many things going for it. Visually it was gorgeous, the baddie was and still is one of the badass baddies (dat accent) and it had potential. But they fucked it up by making it too normie friendly, it's basically redditified.

The daughter inadvertently summoned the devil, but didn't willingly chose to become a witch until her whole family turned against her and tried to kill her. At that point she didn't have much left to lose.

>mfw people say the movie is bad because they knew she was a witch from the beginning and weren't surprised by the """"""""twist""""""""

ITT: Pretending bad films were good to troll newfags

I shall nominate Neon Demon then.

Say what you want, but whilst its clear the new season is basically Lynch doing Lynch without parodying TV at the time, or is he, the original has a stylistically, comfy-ass atmosphere the new season is lacking.

fuck me, i really need get started on this series.

vvhat is vvrong vvith the vvitch?

>another pleb comes up with a conspiracy to excuse his shit taste
>Le you only pretend to like it
>Le you just want to seem smart
>Le it's all just trolling

Your dad sounds based

>I can't believe this ass hole picked another ass hole over the chinese girl with a lack of life experience and made her deal with the baggage of his previous relationships that she isn't ready to handle

Based Phillip poster

/Comfy/ soundtrack