Andrew Dice Clay - Sam Kinison

Andrew Dice Clay - Sam Kinison

Now that the dust has settled; Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iBjsFJV6-no
youtube.com/watch?v=S-vlfhgeNyY
youtube.com/watch?v=r0c5l45JCyI
youtube.com/watch?v=82rpuewD6ac
youtube.com/watch?v=35GkGcA4SUY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kinison was way more of an asshole to Dice than was called for, but Dice is bottom-of-the-barrel tier and Kinison is funny.

Dice, he's an ultra faggot

if you post it over and over again will you be e-famous?
no you'll be a faggot retard shitposter forever

You can at least go back and watch Dice's stuff and laugh at the absurd stupidity of it all.

youtube.com/watch?v=iBjsFJV6-no

>Fat ugly dead guy vs THE DICE MAAAAAN OHHHH
Tough choice.

Dice is so unfunny

>Gimmick comics

>those howard stern prank calls of gilbert gottfried doing the dice voice

This is the Stand up comedy version of Live At Leeds.
>the way he effortlessly deals with hecklers
>The almost totally off the cuff improv performance
>asking an audience member who is there with his daughter if he ever thought about fucking her
>HOUR, BACK, GET IT?

I'm new to this rivalry, what's the deal, what happened?

t. Andew Dice Clay

As far as I know, it was just competitive bullshit. Both were supported by Rodney Dangerfield, had reputations for vulgar, offensive humor, and used stage personas built around being angry chauvinists, so they got a lot of comparisons in the media. That lead to a rivalry, the two talked a lot of shit about each other, and fans of both started choosing sides like DC and Marvel fanboys.

They had completely different styles of comedy, though. Kinison based his jokes around angry ranting about adult life. Dice was more of an Andy Kaufman-type performance artist who put on sets to fuck with people; the Diceman persona was intentionally designed to be satire of bad meathead comedy. The problem was, most people didn't realize that and took him seriously; according to other comedians he works best when improvising jokes in front of small, hostile audiences (like The Day the Laughter Died, which has nothing in common with his more famous comedy).

seriously what was Dice's deal?

just some Jew pretending to be a dumb guido?

Kinison exposed all the Zionists who sucked cock and ridiculed them mercifully. Guess God spoke through him although he took that faith half-seriously. God works in mysterious ways, however He did let the secular Jews have the last laugh on a road in nowhere Nevada.

SO, I'M SHITPOSTIN' ON Sup Forums

OH!

someone give me one, i mean (1) single solitary Kinison joke that is genuinely funny.

RnR detective is fucking awesome and cult classic

That's it in a nutshell.

His jokes about personal things are usually good. Outside of his typical "AHHHHH, WOMAN ARE ALL WHORES!!!" shtick, he could do a good job of playing with some really dark humor about addiction, divorce, and losing faith. It's actually kind of a shame he isn't better known for those jokes, because he was very good at telling pretty fucked up stories about his life and making them sound absurd and hilarious. His religion jokes are also better than most comedians. As a former preacher, he had a way better appreciation for the material and instead of just mocking Christianity itself, he took a more absurdist angle.

youtube.com/watch?v=S-vlfhgeNyY

youtube.com/watch?v=r0c5l45JCyI

fpbp

yeah this doesn't do it for me at all. i think that people are laughing at his screaming... and i find his screaming extremely irritating.

>i think that people are laughing at his screaming
Some of them probably are. And I agree that the screaming was annoying. It's a shame that became his gimmick because he had the ability to be better than that. If those didn't work, check out this joke:

youtube.com/watch?v=82rpuewD6ac

It might be a better example of what I'm talking about. The joke is about realizing he's fucking his life up by being an addict and surrounding himself with shitty people. That's pretty dark; I think being so open about it and still managing to present it in a funny light is pretty impressive.

I love this movie, idc

thanks for writing thoughtful replies. i understand why people would like this but i don't find it funny. this is an anecdote played as tragi-comedy, sure, but no funnier than anything you can watch in Decline of the Western Civilization Part II.

and i'm not offended by anything he says, btw, i do like disgusting jokes here and there. i just don't get the hype. he was famous at a time when that sort of humor had a huge audience because of the cultural climate of the time and he was at the top of the heap. then he died suddenly and that cemented him as the rockstar comedian he always wanted to be.

Comedians claim he's lost himself and become The Dice Man in real life. Who actually knows?

The Adrien Brody episode of dices show is so fucking kino. Please watch it

that happened during his peak in the 80s. his early stuff was so funny and then he turned a corner.

HICK A REE
DICK A REE DOCK

TELL THE MODS TO SICK ON DIS COCK overheeugh

Link?

Also wtf is up with captcha? I just had to do 27 different ones before it let me post.

Well Dice is still alive and booking venues, so.

>i don't find it funny.
There's nothing wrong with that. I find most standup painfully unfunny, so I can certainly relate.

I was mostly just trying to point out that, for a guy remembered mostly for yelling and being offensive, he had some hidden depth. People around now, like Louis CK and Bo Burnham, are usually pretty acclaimed for being open about their problems and doing tragi-comedy, but everything forgets that Sam Kinison did a lot of it, too.

Suck my cock ughhh ohhhh

I just saw this the other day after maybe 15 years. It's literally better than 99% of the films that have been made in the last 5 years.

yeah i hear you. that style of comedy - the guys you mentioned but also stuff like Hicks... it's barely comedy to me. the introspective stuff is just like the overly-political stuff, it ventures into spoken word or something and it's not so much about making people laugh anymore. that's my opinion about it. i get why people want to hear that stuff but it's not for me.

Learn to read faggot

Sam was so out of control on drugs (which oddly enough Dice never did) that he was probably at fault.

howard stern

This, that fuckign jew pit them against each other and no one ever mentions it.

>pit them against each other
Did Dice ever actually say anything bad about Kinison? I haven't seen much of his comedy, but I know Sam would bash him at every opportunity, and even did shit like kicking people out of his shows for wearing Dice shirts.

stern worked him up into a frenzy
dice would bash people from time to time but isnt one for repeated tirades

Andrew Dice Clay was a phony!
Sam Kinison's comedy drew from personal real life experience! God bless Sam Kinison! R.I.P. Sam!

As soon as you can point out one funny ADC joke.

What's with bullshit like........

>Little Boy Blue! He needed the money!

I can totally relate to Sam Kinison's type of humor.

I'll admit that some of Sam's humor offered me, because he could come across as homophobic, but I've also been involved with women who ended up fucking me over one way or another, and Sam Kinison pointed out the humorous side of that situation. Sam Kinison literally saved my life when I felt like killing myself over some stupid girl who fucked me over emotionally and financially, while Clay just put on a stupid over exaggerated persona of some mysogynistic Guido from Queens! Andrew Dice Clay was just playing a character making up stupid rhymes and limericks while Sam Kinison bore his soul, and displayed his heart on his sleeve. Sam Kinison wins, hands down!

where did you copy this from

youtube.com/watch?v=35GkGcA4SUY

neither of these wash-ups were ever fine and their style of comedy was ripe garbage before they even took off the cloaca they waddled in their entire careers

I'll side with Dice if only because when he was on Tom Green Live I was losing my shit at how memorable and funny he was.