Why do Europeans laugh at Americans for having a fringe skepticism about vaccinations whilst popularly believing the...

Why do Europeans laugh at Americans for having a fringe skepticism about vaccinations whilst popularly believing the conspiracies about GMOs and nuclear energy?

Attached: D1B784E7-6C2D-42C1-A0AC-D0EC202C7F29.jpg (800x729, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/10/25/opinion/sunday/with-gmo-policies-europe-turns-against-science.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because those fears are actually reasonable?

Because people are generally retarded. As for laughing at Americans ... much of it is jealousy or edginess.

When it comes to general scientific knowledge there isn't a big difference between Europeans and Americans.

Attached: science knowledge.png (967x837, 179K)

I don't see GMOs as a legitimate threat, but

>muh food w/ genes patented by a megacorporation with ties to the gub'ment, so if anything goes South you won't hear about it for 50+ years
>muh you're not allowed to plant what you grew on your own field b/c muh copyright or w/e

Sounds like we aren't missing much at this point tbqh famalam.

>GMO
We dont know the long term effects of GMO consumption, theres no downside to avoiding it
>Vaccine
Its optional, dont take it if you want, but suffer the consequences.

t. Monsato salesman

* I mean them fucking up something rather than the process of mutation inherently imparting some ill effects onto the produce

What retards/corporate lovers think GMO are
>Magical way to make plant produce 10x faster 10x more food

What GMO are
>Flood the environment with the most potent poison you can find
>Plants merely tolerate the poison, don't destroy it, meaning you WILL eat some of it when eating the plant
>A way to patent life

>all these fucking subhumans around Hungary growing GM crops

If so much one hectare of our crops gets polluted with your genetically modified trash, we're nuking you fuckers

what poison? gmo crops are potentially more resistant against pests so you dont need to use as much pestisides which are 100% bad for you.

>conspiracies about GMOs
Even if GMO wasn't harmful for consumption nor for soil, it is still bound by copyright laws so that you have to pay for it even if your crops have been accidentally pollenated by a GMO plant, and cannot reuse the seeds from your own plants. We'd be fools to desire Monsanto to hold us by the balls as they do with American farmers. They can kindly go to their own free market utopia and fuck themselves there.

>what poison? gmo crops are potentially more resistant against pests so you dont need to use as much pestisides
Dumb Finn

Attached: AcresPesticide.jpg (372x422, 50K)

One way GMO is used is to infuce "resistance" to one very heavy poison so you musst only poison with the strong one.

There is no immunity from insects or rodents gene.
Monsanto sells you the GMO and the glyphosate, nothing more.

Also, going back to classical seeds after trying GMO will be a disaster, as the soil is now filled with glyphosate.

In what why? Both are equal fuckery with natural biology, but nobody has actually proven Vaccinations or GMOs to have any real major negative side-effects. All the fear behind either is simply the superstition that it’s not impossible for an entity like a government or corporations to use them to experiment on people.

Americano thread?

Americano thread!!

Attached: 1519961093001.png (1584x864, 75K)

>Both are equal fuckery with natural biology
>americans

>All the fear behind either is simply the superstition that it’s not impossible for an entity like a government or corporations to use them to experiment on people.
you should read what people have written in this thread

Of course, but I wanted to show why it would be stupid for us to allow them even if they weren't harmful in any way.

>Both are equal fuckery with natural biology
do you actually know how vaccination works?
its just making use of natural defences we evolved

Just radon and cropcuck my shit up senpai

You realize copyrights for them exist precisely because places like Europe would (and do) want to otherwise ban GMO testing until the Americans have perfected it, then sweep in and be like “Alright we want this now, gib it to us for free even though we don’t want to risk subjecting ourselves to the potentially unpredictable consequences of it”.

Attached: CEEA7449-8FF8-454E-9F10-5BB25EEF7BBE.png (800x1745, 112K)

hurr

>We dont know the long term effects of GMO consumption

You've been eating GMO corn since the 20s.

>Haha those fucking retarded Americans are all anti-vaxx-

>"France, a country where over 40 percent of its citizens believe vaccines are unsafe, according to a global survey published in EBioMedicine."

They are not you pigface fucktard.

This thread did nothing but prove that Euros are actually substantially more retarded than Americans

>They blast the crops with poison to make them immune then sell you the poison aborbers

This is your brain on retarded eco-proaganda

Attached: 1492461258165.png (1106x1467, 1.2M)

>Flood the environment with the most potent poison you can find
For what purpose?

>Plants merely tolerate the poison, don't destroy it, meaning you WILL eat some of it when eating the plant
For what purpose?

>A way to patent life
That’s not a slippery slope argument at all. Yes, messing with crop DNA is all a ploy to create a precedent for patenting all life like humans.

Establishing a motive in criminal cases is incredibly important in getting convictions for a reason. Motives are among the easiest things to deduce, thus if you’re having problems coming up with a realistic reason for why somebody is purposefully harming another person, there’s a very high probability your theory is bullshit, so let me help you out.

More pesticides ARE being used with GMOs, but for a very different reason that what you’ve alluded to. Invasive weeds have began naturally adapting to the chemicals sprayed on GMO crops, necessitating a need to dump even more on them to kill the weeds in an arms race between Mother Nature and Human biological engineering. People increasingly using antibiotics and vaccines on themselves are no different in this regard in that diseases also become increasingly resistant to advances in medical science, so if you think GMO and vaccination skepticism are any different, you’re a dipshit.

And how is the belief that exposing children with a cocktail of viruses all at once to help them create an immunity to it early on might potentially have harmful side-effects any different than the belief that messing with edible plant DNA could have unforeseen problems?

They are both things to be vaguely weary about, but the benefits seem to outweigh the cons currently.

Believing this is exactly why you are a ridiculous people.

We don't want american shitty GMO-companies here and also want to know what we eat.
And nuclear energy scares come actually mainly from america, no idea why our idiots bite your bait.

>More pesticides ARE being used with GMOs, but for a very different reason that what you’ve alluded to. Invasive weeds have began naturally adapting to the chemicals sprayed on GMO crops
Have you like, considered not dumping 10 barrels of pesticide on one square meter of an area?

Europe uses less pesticide than the USA, has no GMO's but our productivity is equal, or in some instances even higher. So. What has Europe to gain by introducing GMO's besides a bunch of pesticide immune weeds and insects, and Monsanto's pockets being fuller?

Attached: gmo-crops-1.png (829x615, 55K)

Fear of GMO is reasonable? Lmao. Are you also afraid of air conditioning and an evil eye?

I’m not sure an American vassal State has any room to talk about the ridiculousness of Americans subjecting themselves to the whim of American corporations.

That is post isn’t wrong though. The US and GMO companies have a very good reason for wanting copyrights on GMOs. Why would you possibly commit so much of your own time and money on research towards agricultural genetic modifications only to have everyone else standby and wait to exploit the benefits of your research while putting no effort towards its creation?

With GMO there is a lot of fear mongering and deliberately misleading info because of Monsanto. Everyone hates them because it is hard to compete with them. It is all about $$$$.

>Why would you possibly commit so much of your own time and money on research towards agricultural genetic modifications only to have everyone else standby and wait to exploit the benefits of your research while putting no effort towards its creation?
Betterment of humanity?

>We dont know the long term effects of GMO consumption
See what am I saying? Typical brain washing. Genetics is a science. It is your friend. It helps create better products. No need to be afraid of the progress.

retard

Nice cherry picking. This is also NY Times
nytimes.com/2015/10/25/opinion/sunday/with-gmo-policies-europe-turns-against-science.html

Our food laws are so strict, I'd be suprised if GMOs was accepted. The good thing about these stritct food laws is that we can export a lot of shit but other countries can't import as much

>Genetics is a science
A complex one, unless youve studied it you will never grasp who much we really dont know.

Its not about being afraid, take all the GMOs you want.

yeah sure
>Meanwhile, hypocrisy rules: Europe imports over 30 million tons per year of corn and soy-based animal feeds, the vast majority of which are genetically modified, for its livestock industry. Imports are preferred to European crops partly because biotech traits make them cheaper. Yet these same traits — such as herbicide tolerance and insect resistance — are now widely barred from domestic use.

Glyphosate is very likely cancerous and very likely to get banned quite soon. Can only get away with silencing scientists for so long.

Most of the EU does, but not Denmark, since our food laws are more strict than other countries

How is that cherrypicking you dumb mutt. The statistic itself is literally from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.

i piss on your "statistics" you inbred gypsy. it is all bullshit. read the article, dumb ass.

Let’s look at a more proper comparison buddy.

European corn yields were increasingly closing the gap with the US yields well before the introduction of GMOs. Your graph is using 10 years of information PRIOR to the introduction of GMOs when Western European yields were increasing much faster inflating Europe’s average versus the US. The situation reversed in the 2000s. The USA has been beating Western Europe since the introduction of GMOs. The USA also went down a lot in 2011 and 2012 because of a very large drought disrupting the natural average.

Attached: 6C765F07-0854-4B05-81AC-1522E042BD9D.png (800x800, 28K)

Attached: 1511808220182.png (1584x864, 85K)

Why aren’t Europeans the ones experimenting with GMOs then? Why are Americans the ones that have to carry your worthless asses on the forefront of solving world hunger?

what is written on their t-shirts?
allahu akbar and haram?

>GMO fear mongering is reasonable

Attached: 1518249177219.png (485x443, 30K)

Because americans would steal and patent it.

>This thread
Brainlets, even /sci/ is better than you absolute fucking retards. Go jack-off to Alex Jones and Maynestream you luddites.

Attached: 1518568967607.png (645x729, 87K)

You get the point then, right?

The only way to solve world hunger is to let Africa starve.

Humans have been modifying plants and animal genes for ages.

>he calls a 1-2% more yield "beating"
>at the cost of making plants and insects pesticide resistant, polluting the earth, the natural gene pool and possibly poisoning your own people with carcinogenic glyphosphate

Desperate much? We're better off without.

Attached: 1519748665637.jpg (500x491, 32K)

Europeans are butthurt because a bunch of colonials managed to outdo them at everything that matters.

Saving their asses from the commies also hurt their pride a lot.
I will explain it in terms even an european could understand.

Western type nuclear reactors literally can't do the chernobyl shit.They use water as moderator,so when it overheats the water evaporates and the reactions go back down.

>Its optional, dont take it if you want, but suffer the consequences.
Thats not how it works m8. Vaccines are not 100% effective, meaning that some people will not be immunised even though they were vaccinated. That is not a problem when everybody is vaccinated because the disease will hardly be able to spread.
But when retards don't vaccinate their kids, the diseases will spread more easily, affecting unimmunized people.
Not to mention elderly and immunodeficient people that can't take most vaccines anyway.

>Western type nuclear reactors literally can't do the chernobyl shit
Not even if run by bunch of insane feminists?

user,do you know why GM products have to carry the "T" tag?It's because no chemical analysis can point any difference to conventional produce.

i only eat organic because i can afford it

the jewish mind control satellites are a bigger issue

Dumb europeans don't even know about BT
Only if enough hair falls on the reactor

Lol, Europeans have absolutely DEMOLISHED their local ecosystem over thousands of years in a race to fight against each other to an extent that GMOs are comparably a mosquito bite to the natural environment.

You are such a humongous retard lacking any perceptive of how life works.

>The universe began with a huge explosion.
>(True)

tell me more

>europe has had wars so the ecosystem is fucked everywhere
Be careful about calling others retarded. Stones in glass houses, you know

GMO means fucking nothing you retard, I can engineer a plant to have an additional copy of a gene that produces its pigment or I can put in 100 different toxins from different species

aren't there still graphite moderated GCR's in UK and france?

>Stones in glass houses
you are delusional. your "houses" aren't any less glass

Lol genome editing tech will fuck lawmakers up the ass
Have fun banning something physically indistinguishable from a natural mutation
I don't even give a shit if they make pure poison with it I hate you all

I'm not the one throwing the stones, my american friend

They aren't.

I fucking hate the ethical council in Denmark. Yea, let's have a mix of people with a scientific background and someone with no scientific background whatsoever, to make decisions about medicine and GMO.
Uneducated people who has no idea what they're talking about, get to make decisions about what apparently is and isn't ethical

the whole "culture" of Sup Forums is built around throwing stones at us. ironically, that sounds even funnier now that you brought up glass houses. in my aspects europeans are pure glass. they are just in denial.

*many not my

Who was it that created America again? Oh wait, that’s right, it was the result of a dick-measuring contest between Britain and France and fueled by European immigrants.

This whole thread is literally a parody showing that European sense of superiority and humanitarianism is shallow bullshit.

If you don’t feel happy on Sup Forums
,go to american int.
>>Sup Forums

no, u
>>>ylilauta
4ch is american

Okay? And that has relevance on the topic of the ecosystem because...?

>can't take the bantz
I only mentioned stones in glass houses, because if you truly believe that the ecosystem in europe is fucked because of the wars, you're retarded

I’m Swedish and I’m pretty sure Chinese moot disagrees.

But you can do research about GMO in Europe! It's not forbidden!
Just Monsanto that is not allowed to use the whole population as guinea pig!

>Okay? And that has relevance on the topic of the ecosystem because...?

Because Europe has fucked the ecosystem in every which way imaginable during its existence and think they have some moral highground on “preserving the environment” because they reject GMOs when really they just want Americans to do all the footwork and testing for it until it’s a close to flawless product, and then bitch that Americans being “evil” for not just giving them the genetic product for free and having strict copyrights on the crop modifications.

There’s no proof to your argument and you haven’t showed us you can back them up with any sources...

Attached: B6C69D44-3956-46E0-8602-660A9064555E.jpg (460x534, 57K)

I have nothing against GMOs but I'm pretty sure that we can both agree on that monsanto is a shitty company doing shady shit.
And again, if you truly believe that the ecosystem in europe is fucked because of the wars, you're retarded. Come, swing by on a vacation, and you might learn a thing or two

It's mostly urbanisation that fuck the environment in europe. But Europe is maybe more aware about it's ecology because of how close they are from it and how fragile it have become. American have vast amount of untouched nature which is why they go "lol whatev". There is a long road before they can damage it efficientely.

i am greek

Also, european people are way more aware about what they eat. A lot of food produced in the US couln't be sold in europe because it's not up to European standards.

All we have to do is get rid of flat earth fags, super religious fags, and better fund our public education centers and better allot those funds

Then the US will be even more great

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Don't fall for the "european standards" meme.

Just go in any farm, you'll see the difference

>Radon
Where does that come in?

Big Bang is just the most commonly accepted theory. It's not proved properly and we know fucking nothing about the Universe.
It's wrong to treat it as a fact.

No

Imagine having such little self awareness

It's not a meme.

t. Bayer

lack of definition is half the problem

Anti vaxxing
>deadly diseases from the last centuries return
Anti GMO
>lower crop yields at worst

Imagine getting this butt frustrated because people on the other side of the globe don't want to eat the same shit you eat