What do non-Americans know about the Confederacy?

What do non-Americans know about the Confederacy?

Attached: Photos on Jan 9, 2016, 5_03_07 PM11.jpg (2550x1645, 636K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=upjlKlV9uIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My ancestor, Rober E. LEE, fought for the Confederacy.

Attached: Robert_Edward_Lee.jpg (1200x1776, 290K)

Very good post.

dixie yell
Texas brigades
smugglers
siege of Atlanta
Lee and his stubbornness on day 3 of Gettysburg/Stonewall/Pickets' charge/that one young romantic artillery officer

That they deserved everything that they got.

presidents were allowed a single six year term
andrew johnson was the only president
capital was richmond va, but then they moved it to atlanta?
it's ironclad was the merrimack

DO

I have some fucking Finnish retards and low tier losers wearing this and wonder how they relate to it.

Nothing

IT

That really fucking good gettysburg movie

AGAIN

t. commie flag in window

DADDY

I'm a unionfag and think thats a bit harsh. The rich, southern, slave owning elite manipulated poor uneducated farmers without slaves into fighting their war over lost "rights" when the only right being taken away was the right to own slaves. You and your family members were exempt from fighting in the confederate army if you owned a certain amount of slaves.

At times I wonder if they had won the war would there have been some sort of communist revolution to overthrow the bourgeoisie. The disparity of wealth back then was insane.

SHERMAN

Based

Attached: you-are-now-defending-the-teams-have-been-auto-balanced-AxYIF.jpg (640x853, 35K)

It was the worst deal since NAFTA

southern wind blow on, through our unforgotten land
here today and yesteryear are reunited once again
hear the cry of confederates lost many years ago
cannons thunder and a lonesesome locomotive whistle blows

Attached: 1493923688258.png (354x286, 29K)

It was the good guys.

Sherman didn't go far enough.

Even before my father's fathers
They called us all rebels
Burned our cornfields
And left our cities leveled
I can still see the eyes
Of those blue bellied devils
When I'm walking round tonight
Through the concrete and metal

The Confederacy was basically a feudal system lol fucking slaves fighting for noblemen to keep their black friends

The funniest part is that many southerners still believe that the union was more corrupt than their own masters.

Southern plantations were aethetic af but 96% of southerners didn't get to experience it even before the war lol

Souvenir of a Idyllic ground war

Are there any other good civil war movies?

Attached: large_xjpMfoPmo4bX8MEZPpWl8lBq6rx.jpg (400x600, 103K)

Slave owners
Would import more niggers and fuck over their country in the long run even more than yanks did
That said they actually seem to have a culture unlike commiefornia and other bland campus hipster states
Love their tunes and accents, VA of Rogue from old Xmen cartoon turns my dick into a diamond drill to this day

You know no one sounds like her anymore

They were the good guys, they had generals that were Achilles tier, and they lost through a cowardly blockade.

There are, but Gettysburg is the best one

Any yankee can see through your lies 150 years later you just want them for the cotton lmao

Plenty of people do, bruh.

They lost because they were out-produced.

The south had low yielding farms, little to no factories, barely any railroads, and cotton was pretty much their only source of income. Even if they won they would still have been dependent on the union.

This, it was the over-production of the Yankees, combined with Sh*rmans tactics, and the blockade that beat us.

If it had been a "fair" fight we would've demolished the Yankees.

Also Stonewall dying was a disaster.

Yeah, tha's why I root for these guys whenever I watch Gone with the Wind.

Attached: carpetbagger.png (500x374, 389K)

Agreed, but how many wars are fair?

The south should have known from the start it was hopeless. It would have saved them a lot of trouble.

As for Sherman, as brutal as he was he may have been the first person in history to fully grasp the concept of total war. He was ahead of his time.

Woah... so this... is the power... of Yankee strategy....

Attached: 2E808ADA-24BE-4063-8CE0-D2462B585A98.jpg (1120x1601, 274K)

t. wh*Te trash he was talking about

Well that's a fucking shame
>tfw no redneck gf to call you her hon or sug

The Union didn't start a war with part of the country that had a far more advanced economy and larger population.

The period preceding the war is more interesting. John Brown is a fascinating historical figure.

kys faggot, only flag i got is Finnish flag

>John Brown is a fascinating historical figure.
No he fucking isn't.
And this is from someone that actually studied a fair amount about him growing up.

He's nothing more than some abolitionist terrorist, that thought he could start a slave revolt that would make the entire south collapse.

He was beyond retarded, and did nothing more than harm the relations between yankees and dixie

Attached: 1491730676156.jpg (251x242, 11K)

John Brown falls into the same category of retard as John Wilkes Booth. They’re both terrorists who massively harmed this country in the long run

As a Southerner myself, I find it really odd that some nords fly the flag.
I understand they're considered trashy there but it's just odd that they emulate some modern Southerners so well.
Personally, I like the flag.

Who outside Lindsey Graham?

Any girl who acts that way isn't worth your time

>>tfw no redneck gf to call you her hon or sug
That's literally any girl in the South, and they call everyone that.

It was the ultimate symbol of sticking it to the Man
Oddly enough the trend of embracing the rebel flag started in the 60s in fucking San Francisco of all places

>"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

Attached: 1200px-William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg (1200x1523, 277K)

>homophobic slur and encouragement of suicide
IP filtered

>you will never personally drive back the s**thern scum and reclaim the rightful union clay

>in fucking San Francisco
I did not know that.
That's hilarious.
Also yeah, it's definitely flown in defiance.

I literally just realized that the guy on the left and pic related are the same person.

Attached: Que-fue-de-Tom-Berenger_reference.png (600x600, 597K)

It's also why the Rebel flag is the one that's generally used even though it was never the flag of the Confederacy

Of course now the way to the stick it to the Man is to be Urban and hip
And black

You guys came to Brazil and founded a city called Americana

top notch post

>If it had been a "fair" fight we would've demolished the Yankees.

what on earth does this even mean? the Union still fought with one arm tied behind their back, they could've stood to shift more industrial output to war production and expand the draft. Dixielanders were just used to bullying their way politically because they had disproportionate power for the last several decades, especially in manners of foreign affairs

>they didnt recover until after WWII

DO IT AGAIN SENPAI

Attached: 033da8ac9d49d41144dc3605ed1c9a00--seventh-grade-anchor-chart[1].jpg (533x609, 119K)

youtube.com/watch?v=upjlKlV9uIA

Serious question. How do you disarm a shooter if you are standing behind him and he is unaware of you? Do you sneak up on him and tackle him or reach for his gun with both hands? Or say fuck it and run away? Asking for a friend.

My favourite film, good one user

wrong thread?

That's wrong, Muhammad. They actually deserved more than what they got.

Attached: download.png (223x226, 7K)

They're not flying the Confederate flag dumbass

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-190642.jpg (1073x1340, 518K)

>you just want them for the cotton lmao
no, they wanted CSA to win so canada would be less threatened by usa ( that had gone to war against them twice)

Attached: 01_map_post_minard.adapt.1900.1[1].jpg (1600x900, 347K)

huehue very funny

>Pretty interesting childhood
>100+ years ahead of race relations
>Fought a pre-civil war in Kansas
>Executed a raid that sparked the civil war
>Became a martyr in the North
>Songs about him
>Still fairly well known today
>Still polarizing today
>Not interesting

Yeah no, you can be butthurt about him because Southerners are always butthurt about some shit but can't deny he was fascinating. Y

>did nothing more than harm the relations between yankees and dixie
Which eventually sparked the Civil War which freed the slaves, he won the long game.

I just know that american conservatives get triggered whenever confederate statues get destroyed.

Attached: 2yftx37niyfz.jpg (460x696, 51K)

man i wish he was our general in WW2 or veitnam.
he would have fucked them over real quick.

only good post i've seen under a korea flag

They are pretty based i guess.

Pick up something heavy and hit them in the face through the back of their head.

Then why did you sell the South a huge fuckton of muskets and cannons and give them raider ships with British crews to fuck up the US merchant marine?

most American conservatives outside of the South don't care

Nice digits, check em.

Excellent post
Come home to Virginia. Every street here is named after your ancestor

Fug

Monuments depicting confederates that were put up in the 1960's should be taken down by the city's local government, not by "activists". They can even be sold to private individuals/groups; but should not be on public property. Genuine confederate monuments from the civil war era or reconstruction era should be preserved.

t. black american, and registered republican.

>Monuments depicting confederates that were put up in the 1960's should be taken down by the city's local government, not by "activists"
Thank you. Those activists were Soros rent-a-mobs and shouldn't be given any serious attention. The Democrats have a well-established hate of the South because it used to be one of their core voting blocs and they perceive them as traitors for flipping Republican since the 1960s.

I think. and this is just a guess of course. That the guy posting this might not be a high ranking British minister from 250 years ago.

Buying flags is a pain in the ass, i sing on a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band and it was really hard to get a big flag

250 years ago would be 1768, a slight bit before the ACW.

BASED uncle tom

OP, why u post Dukes of Hazard flag?

Great music

Blow up all monuments to it!

I have no idea what that is. Can u teach me what that means and how it works?

All Confederate status should be taken down and replaced with ones of Lincoln, Grant, and Sherman. Confederate graves should be dug up, and their contents should be dumped into the sea. There may have been a purpose to trying to reincorporate the south in such a manner, but it does more harm than good in a globaized world.

>globaized world

Attached: trash.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Its such a retarded thing to base your regional identity on.
A failed rebellion to keep slavery which also fucked the economy for everybody except the landed gentry

>inb4 15+ replies

dixieniggers are pretty much the reason the amerimutt meme exists.

I'm pretty sure that's California which will be pretty much 80% brown people by 2040.

AND still #1
stay mad flyover

It was a part of USA that tried to separate because they didn´t want to abolish slavery.

go back to eating your in-n-getout

Korea best ally

A classic choice

Attached: Glory.jpg (1000x1500, 352K)