1. Your country

1. Your country
2. Your favorite pokemon generation??

Attached: pokemon_yellow_cover_art_by_comunello76-d4xfrr5.jpg (898x890, 131K)

Ruby sapphaire

I really liked them all from 1 to 3

2. kys you're self weeb

3rd

5 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 7 > 6 > 3

Only remember the first

>tfw I have a 11 year old save file and get sad every time I go back and look at all the things I did as a kid.
>all the people I traded with and all the autistic shit I have accumulated
Man I miss those innocent times

Gen 2 is objectively best mein negers

1 and 2

Catching a Murkrow and Misdreavus and leveling them up just because they look fucking cool. Anyone else?

2 > 3 > 1 > garbage > the rest

dont forget sneasel

what's with the love for gen 2?

2. More or less stopped following after 4 though. I played Pokémon White but I don't really remember it

It introduced cell phones, day and night cycles, random shitstains that you beat will call you & give you items, in game events that happen certain days, and a bunch of other cool shit. Then they just decided to take those features out in the next generations for 0 reason.

People here probably grew up with it, it's a good generation

Yeah man and the radio was fucking cool. That station near the end of the tune (I think it was the game center station) was epic shit. The bug catching contest was cool too and the battle tower in Crystal.

best character sprites
all the new characters and legendaries were actually good
best maps
best gameplay
best music
still challenging
fun glitches
massive world that's both nostalgic and new
and probably what's most important is that I played it more than any of the others as a kid

wish I kept one of my old saves too. I would treasure it.

The one that had radios and shit, those games were pretty rad and the they were the only pokemon games I genuinely loved. The rest is generic trash.

>favorite is 2
>level curve in it is horrible

What were they thinking? It's impossible to not overlevel. I keep having to boot guys off my team to stay low enough.

The first and second.

Original RED

Canada

Attached: 1.png (250x250, 69K)

emerald

redfire and leafgreen.

I hate pokemon designs after gen 2
Too many colours and patterns and spikes, simplicity is best.

>be 10
>choose pokemon yellow on my gamboy because that's the "real" version
>neglects pikachu, never plays with it.

Objectively 5, but I like 2 more because of nostalgia

4, because of how great Platinum and HGSS are.

Attached: sugimori_starter_artwork.png (449x426, 350K)

> pokemon generation

Is it a euphemism for reddit audience?

First and third.

second one

Gen 2 niggas

Attached: staryu-gen-2.gif (250x249, 51K)

generation 2 is my favorite. I just wish they'd make mons in that style again

pokemon generation: 3
pokemon gameplay: gold/silver/crystal and ruby sapphire emerald
maybe imo emerald is the best

1. Kalmar Union
2. gen 3

1. flag
2. i played all of them since red, 5 is the best and 2 (or the remake) is second best

2, then 1, then maybe 3. played all of them except b&w2 but despite all the obvious improvements to the games from gen 4 onwards, the games themselves are such a fucking chore to plough through

flag
I can't answer. I'd say BW2 is the best game so 5, but some of the designs suck and it started some of things that made the series so bad in gen 6,7

the best rival

Attached: Pokémon.600.1284169.jpg (600x570, 95K)

cu nt
gentoo

idk about 4 but 3 could've been better

4>1>2>5>3>6 (haven’t touched 7 since it came out)

2th Gen
SS/HG are also the best main Pokemon games

Ingerland
Heart gold and Soul silver

Attached: d4f9a7f2440f32d09eda7a8b82386e15.jpg (620x502, 180K)

1 and 2. After that I think the design sucks and not memorable with too much complexity in powers and abilities.

johtoddlers like to pretend their less blinded by nostalgia than genwunners.

Well I had a Silver and my best friend had a Gold and I just have a lot of nostalgic fun memories from that time.

I think it's also because gen 2 had the best post-elite 4 content for awhile.

And basically all of this:

2 or 3. When I first started playing Silver, I still didn't know how to read, so it holds a special place in my heart.

2>4>1>3
rest is unimportant

Pic related

Attached: IMG_20180320_152459.jpg (3264x2448, 2.66M)

Emerald

2 > 1 > 3 > other fanfiction gens

3 > 2 > 4 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 7

No idea. I liked Heart Gold and Soul Silver, that's gen 4. And also Black and White 2 which I have lost count.

my favourite games in order are Emerald, Crystal, and B2/W2
only Pokemon games I didn't enjoy were Pearl/Diamond because of how slow they were, and XY because there was nothing really to do.

3-2-1-4-7-6-5

favorite gen is probs gen 2. least favorite gen 5 but still underappreciated.

>johtoddlers
I played 1 a fuck load of times before 2 came out and still preferred 2 immediately.

yea it just improved everything
gen 1 was good in its time but it was just shit mechanically and horribly broken

Red
Charizard >>> all

But Blastoise is better

the primitive movepools bothered me the most. I can't even tolerate gen 1 anymore unless I use glitches and immediately use TMs.

It's the only generation that actually managed to improve every aspect of the game without taking any steps back. Gold and Silver were intended to be the last Pokemon games, so the developers tried their hardest to fit in as much content into the cartridge as they could. Obviously it never was the last game and they ended releasing new Pokemon games every other year, but the new ones tend to just drop good features from the older games rather than keeping everything good and evolving the series. Gen 3 did a lot for the series by adding things like abilities and completely reworking the IV/EV system, but even that removed the day/night cycle from gen 2 and had no backwards compatibility (although admittedly the latter was probably to do with hardware issues). Gen 4 added the physical/special split and wi-fi capabilities, but after that the only real additions to the series have been one-off battle gimmicks like mega evolution and z-moves.

I don't think gen 2 is the best in the series mechanically, but it was the last one that felt like a passion project. The overall visuals and music also makes it very nostalgic for some people.

I love the rural setting and the pagodas. It felt much more mysterious.

the battle system was trash too, just grab a psychic mon and wipe the entire game, but it was their first attempt and an archaic one so you can;t blame it, the fixed most things in the second games, even Yellow was improved in terms of bugs and gameplay issues

Crystal at least had a load of extra content as well and post-game stuff even beyond the original post game that was Kanto region

>4x weak to rock
>best
Lmao

What rock move existed besides rock slide back then?

Rock Throw. Both attacks have 90% accuracy. A Graveler could easily BTFO Charizard

flag
gen 3

Personally: Emerald
Objectively: has to be Gen 2.

seemed to objectively reach a zenith with gold and silver, refining the original without being too different and adding plenty of feature

US/Cuba
Fire Red/ Leaf Green

when people say gen 3 they mean gold and silver, right? Is gen 2 Yellow version or is that just considered a special version of blue and red?

Yellow is G1, G2 = Gold/Silver/Diamond, G3 = Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Yellow is still generation 1. It takes place only in Kanto and only has the first generation of pokemon, therefore, gen 1.
Generation 2 is Gold/Silver/Crystal

>Diamond
That's gen 4

Do you also think that pokemon games are always 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards? for me it was clear when after ORAS they didn't introduce the Dexnav, which is one of the best features, or also after B2W2, when they didn't introduce the hard difficulty

Attached: 1511839753842.jpg (720x540, 90K)

Sorry, meant Crystal

Went back to my old pokemon blue save, realized the battery inside the cartridge died. Sad times.

Third gen. Ruby-emerald-sapphire.
Hoenn region is the most aesthetic

Gen 2. I still have my Crystal save with 500 hours played and 249 Pokémon caught.

Did anyone actually battle in multiplayer with rock throw?

>picking anything but Blastoise
Both Grass and Fire are worth dick in the Elite Four

now i want to get a ds and play through heartgold.

gen 1 or go home

>not doing the bulbasaur glitch to skip brock
>remotely caring about how practical a pokemon is

>skip Brock
Why on earth would you do that?

Venosaur is basically a meme machine with leech seed and sleep powder

Sure but that shit takes way too much time.

>not playing old games out of sequence