Why are british trains so expensive?

Why are british trains so expensive?

Attached: pepecnn.jpg (660x574, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/14/friends-meet-spain-cheaper-buying-return-train-ticket/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Newcastle-London cost less than half by bus whats the point

Attached: 26992102_10215347290418778_2526764560471381180_n.jpg (320x340, 13K)

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/14/friends-meet-spain-cheaper-buying-return-train-ticket/

Neoliberalism.

I Manchester-London is more than 40 euros is indeed expensive. is it?

Jesus christ that's insane
completely privatized transports in the UK?

if*

It's not nationalised like it should be. Long story short the government sort of half arsed it and left the trains to private companies but not really so it's left in this awful state.

nigga just walk
european """""""""""countries"""""""""" are so small you can just walk everywhere.

Not enough investment. The system is years and years behind other european countries.

yep.

and we're a century behind Europe when it comes to trains

I miss the train system there, it was so nice

thatcher and then major fucked us, they privatised the rails and then the trains but neglected to put proper legislation in place to prevent effective monopolies so now we're at the point where there's only a few train operators who can charge whatever they fucking want

shame because train rides through our countrysides are massively cosy

Haha here la SNCF (the national train company) is public and the prices are very high

>It's not nationalised like it should be.
based gommunist

I'm never complaining about italian trains again. Even in the south where I live we have an high speed train, and the regional trains are new, cheap and clean

Every company has a monopoly on an area, practically no competition so they charge whatever they want

And stocked full of niggers

nah not in the south m8

how much do they cost

Naples

Attached: poster_007.jpg (852x480, 87K)

How much trains between European cities cost?
Serious question, I'm going on a trip this summer and ideally want to travel between most of Europe overnight by trains. Covered half of Russia like this, this is by far the best method of touring.

ethnic italians

miep

Thatcher and the religious doctrines of neoliberal "economics"

High speed trains won't fix themselves

National Rail (the government owned company that runs the train network) is building up massive amounts of funds for infrastructure investment.
We actually have one of the best, if not the best train network in Europe. It is just that we don't put money towards highspeed train and rather put the money into the number of services and stations.
t. Knower

Sardinia

Attached: cagliariislamici.jpg (550x340, 90K)

That's just a flock of sheeps, they are pretty common in Sardegna. The shepherd will come for them shortly.

At least your rail is modern.