Can your country guns compete with italian weapons?

can your country guns compete with italian weapons?

Attached: Franchi_SPAS_12_Grip_Safety-872x468.jpg (872x468, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wideopenspaces.com/what-the-heck-is-a-norwegian-1846-postforerverge-knife-pistol/
strangehistory.net/2011/08/26/the-sausage-war/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magpul_PDR
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really, my brother

Attached: IMG_4327.jpg (720x960, 150K)

easily

Attached: FN SCAR-H (CQC).jpg (800x232, 49K)

coincidence you're here
thank you guys vm for designing our baby for us right here

Attached: IMG_4324.jpg (960x720, 114K)

da

Attached: Saiga-12_3.jpg (1920x900, 652K)

memeful gun

Attached: japanesetype892.jpg (775x519, 89K)

I suppose

Attached: Sako_TRG-42.jpg (800x250, 64K)

>SPAS 12
Aren't those supposed to be shit?

I thought their drawback was that they were way too expensive

No one would even know about them if it weren't for films and video games.

their drawback is they are way too heavy and unergonomic compared to any other 12 guage shotgun on the market

cool looking though and bonus points for jurassic park

These things are so awesome. One of my friends has one and uses it to hunt wild boars.

>can your country guns compete with italian weapons?
easily

Attached: Heckler_&_Koch_MP5-1.jpg (1600x1200, 471K)

not even the best shotgun you make imo

>MP5
>the PDW that completely misses the point of PDWs by being as expensive as a full rifle

>melting rifles

no

Attached: 1516980099404.jpg (5184x2047, 3.19M)

quality has a price, many are willing to pay for it

Attached: 451px-H&K_MP71A1.jpg (451x296, 26K)

Yes
Behold, the knife/pistol
wideopenspaces.com/what-the-heck-is-a-norwegian-1846-postforerverge-knife-pistol/

Attached: arbeidstegning-postforerverge.jpg (800x800, 163K)

what's the huge ass thing on the top do

>can your country guns compete with italian weapons?
Well, our most prominent weapons manufacturer (SAKO) is owned by spaghettis, so how exactly are we supposed to compete?

SAKO makes top-tier precision rifles, and have in the past made the best AK variant on the market. Picture related, my baby.

Attached: 2015-06-06 11.24.51.jpg (3264x2448, 2.95M)

>quality has a price
The MP5 is decent submachine gun, no one is contesting that. But whole reason why you would issue someone a PDW instead of a rifle is because you don't expect them to see heavy combat, and thus do not need to pay the full cost of a heavy combat weapon. The cost of MP5 defeats the role in which it could be useful, so you only really see it being used by forces that have too much money and not enough things to spend it on.

it's a stock that folds out

PDW's niche is to be small and easily manoeuvrable, and so can be issued to troops that aren't expected to see combat. That, and being chambered in a weaker cartridge means they overpenetrate less, and are therefore useful to security details and such individuals who are expected to work in urban environments amidst civillians (who you probably don't want to shoot).

SPAS-12 wasn't that reliable, on top of saftey issues they had with early models
basically you had safety lever that if you'd flip to make gun safe, it would fire round in the chamber
>put gun on safe
>it fires itself
Italian guns everybody
but i sure do would love to own one becasue they look fucking cool
also
>Poland
>yes

Attached: msbs-01.jpg (1200x675, 102K)

no
we are paceful people.

>issued to troops that aren't expected to see combat.
They are issued to troops that aren't expected to see combat, but potentially might. There is a reason why they are not simply issued pistols. They need enough fire power to defend themselves against something like an ambush, but they are not expected to do any sustained combat and thus do not need a heavier weapon.
>PDW's niche is to be small and easily manoeuvrable
PDW's niche is to be only as a strong as it needs to be, and thus save on costs. The size is incidental, as less firepower typically means a smaller gun. If it was more cost effective to simply issue such troops a standard service rifle, everyone would simply do that instead.

>That, and being chambered in a weaker cartridge means they overpenetrate less, and are therefore useful to security details and such individuals who are expected to work in urban environments amidst civillians (who you probably don't want to shoot).
Ah, well yes, the MP5 is fairly well suited to that specific. But that's not exactly the same paradigm. Like I said before, armed police and counter-terrorists generally don't have too worry as much about their funding.

VHS-2 is going to be great.
HS is already great.

>They are issued to troops that aren't expected to see combat, but potentially might.
All troops potentially might see combat.
>PDW's niche is to be only as a strong as it needs to be, and thus save on costs.
Cost of small arms is peanuts to armed forces.
>Ah, well yes, the MP5 is fairly well suited to that specific. But that's not exactly the same paradigm. Like I said before, armed police and counter-terrorists generally don't have too worry as much about their funding.
Armed forces do security detail as well, and sometimes work in CT roles.

no we're useless at anything but beer and medicine

>believing the lying press

That's the same thing

but the mp5 was before there was a designated concept known as PDW

>PDWs
But the MP5 is an SMG
>missing the point by being as expensive as a full rifle
user, I...

No best cars, best guns, best food, and best women come from Italy

Meh. Come back when your guns appear on national flags.

for a continent who hates guns they sure do produce and sell a lot of firearms

Attached: 20170907191942.jpg (1272x675, 300K)

>But the MP5 is an SMG
There's a bit of overlap between the terms.

>All troops potentially might see combat.
Depends on where you draw the line between troop and suport staff.
A soldier will see combat.
A truck driver might.
A nurse at a military hospital won't.
>Cost of small arms is peanuts to armed forces.
For modern western militaries, sure. But that's hardly the whole of the arms market. Even small differences in costs can add up to quite a bit when multiplied by the thousands or tens of thousands, and that has a definite influence on who is willing to buy what.
>Armed forces do security detail as well, and sometimes work in CT roles.
I'll give you that, however.

We have long range bolt action shotguns

Attached: ABC062CB81BC386736082DB8D4078546177852EE6CCC64B473C2B1B1872498B5_713x0.jpg (713x1070, 55K)

>posts SPAS of all the guns
Isn't it kinda meh?

But no. And no wonder, Beretta is the oldest gun manufacturer in the world.

>But the MP5 is an SMG
Essentially all PDW's are holsterable SMG's. I can't think of an example of-hand that isn't one.

>and thus do not need to pay the full cost of a heavy combat weapon

>the price of a weapon is determined by the mass of the material used to build it

Attached: 3b6.jpg (600x680, 30K)

>A nurse at a military hospital won't.
Those personnel won't be issued any weapons at all, if they are even soldiers in the first place, so that point is pretty moot.

There have been cases in wars where rear echelon troops have had to pick up arms to beat the enemy back. Example: strangehistory.net/2011/08/26/the-sausage-war/
So we agree on that PDWs are useful for such troops, since they're less cumbersome than full-sized rifles but still pack a decent punch for self-defense.
>For modern western militaries, sure. But that's hardly the whole of the arms market. Even small differences in costs can add up to quite a bit when multiplied by the thousands or tens of thousands, and that has a definite influence on who is willing to buy what.
I'm not convinced that cost factors into the decision more than other points to consider. The savings you'd make by purchasing PDWs instead of more assault rifles would amount to barely anything, most certainly not enough to procure anything important, like missiles.

>Essentially all PDW's are holsterable SMG's
That's incorrect. SMGs are chambered in pistol cartridges, while PDWs can be chambered in anything. There's absolutely nothing in the definition of PDW that requries holsterability. How for example would you see FN P90 holstered?
An example of a PDW chambered in an intermediate cartridge:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magpul_PDR

yes

Attached: d8b9ce87-a3a9-46ea-a510-72c41563ddfb.jpg (650x487, 71K)