Hey Sup Forums what do you think about the Basques? Is this region a nice place to live in?

Hey Sup Forums what do you think about the Basques? Is this region a nice place to live in?

Attached: basque-map.gif (830x629, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diáspora_vasca#Repoblaciones_durante_la_Reconquista
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Rioja
>Basque

Attached: 1459543738102.jpg (500x500, 81K)

I heard it's the richest Spanish region due to Mondragon corporation

Yes, we welcome any kind of latinamericans except for filthy guatelmaltecos like yourself

>Basques
At least use a proper map my murder bro, come on.

It's a beautiful area, but they can be super insular.

Attached: 6312-004-572C3FF1.jpg (368x330, 24K)

Haha that is fun :) but why is there a part of castille inside basque country?
Wikipedia says it is less populated than iceland and is full of basques!

I considered that! But I felt ike I just wanted to focus on the Spanish areas of basque descent rather than active practicing basques. Quick question, who treats the basques better, France or Spain? Which parts are nicer?

here goes the guatemalan nazi mutt again
they don't want you

I don't have great knowledge on this, but imo Basques are more Spanish than French. There's less Basques separatism over here but the administrative strongholds are all in Spain. Both counties treat them perfectly nicely these days. I've only been to the Spanish part, I think they're more open over there. It would be harder to move to the french part. If you already speak Spanish there are obvious benefits there too.

United states is latin.

I don’t think they want more subhumanoids desu, they are fed up with moroccans and gypsies

Nice to meet you :) although I would not consider myself as such haha. I am just curious about some of the smaller communities in europe. Would you like to talk about that?

LOL Spain treats its minorities 10x better than France. Basque has official status in its regions, just like Catalan and Galician. France has always repressed its minorities like the Bretons, Occitans and Basques. This causes massive butthurt to the EU, who aims to protect minority languages, but France has a clause that says that French is the only prevalent language of the Republic. Im not saying that against France Im a Frenchboo myself but yeah Spain treats them better.

Oh no I would never move to Spain haha I am just curious about some of the cultures within other cultures.

Oh wow! I did not know that, for some reason I thought the opposite would be true because the spanish basques tend to be much more vocal. Shame how france just kinda steamrolls everything into one gigantic paste and doesnt recognize different cultures. I guess that might be a problem for their immigration to, huh?

History and banter

>Besides French, there exist many other vernacular minority languages of France, both in European France, in Overseas France, and in French overseas territories. These languages are recognized by article 75-1 of the French constitution. In France proper, Corsican, Breton, Gallo, Basque, Franco-Provençal, Occitan, and Catalan have an official status in the regions where they are spoken.

Just visit these places instead of relying on Sup Forums memes.

That is true! I have never been so memes are my only real knowledge haha. I started the thread because believe it or not there are a large amount of basque and catalan "descended" people in my country that are very pro independance. It boggles my mind really that any guatemalan would care. So I guess I wanted to ask what you guys thought about the region. Have you visited basque france? What is it like?

I am Iberian basques are just provinces of an ethnic group native to peninsula, Iberians, they were the rural retards tho.

Attached: 20170902_113736.jpg (4160x3120, 3.68M)

>who treats the basques better
I'd say both countries treat Basques well.
>Which parts are nicer
Both parts are nice and have nice places to visit and live in.

its like irrelevant to me but i guess its kind of exotic so i would enjoy going there mostly because of traditional music and lifestyles which i find interesting

do u first wroten castilian is in Rioja? They might have basque influence but they are one of the cradles of castile, its more like a transitional territory between basques and castilian.

do you know that the first written (...)*

Haha sorry man didnt mean to offend, I depend on wikipedia and memes for knowledge. Thatnis super interesting though! Are you from there?

Basques are just Iberians who weren't romanized and were less "Moor'd", in fact Basques inhabited much larger areas than today (like Aragon and parts of Catalonia) until the Romans pushed them out or romanized those parts.

One day we might find the Rosetta Stone that will confirm that Basques and Iberians were the same people.

Attached: 1518738461182.png (784x580, 177K)

i lived there for half a year
ama

The only thing i know about Spain is that the Moors took over and fucked all their women and made everyone darker.

nah i'm autistic for Castile

Una curiosidad, el primer texto en castellano tambien tenia anotaciones por primera vez en vasco escrito y el navarro-riojano (al parecer navarro dialecto romance propio de la zona ya que tambien existía el navarro-aragonés). Muchos dicen que el castellano simplemente era latín hablado por vascos.
La indepencia de Castilla fue gracias en parte las relaciones con el reino de Pamplona y en la primeras repoblaciones participaron bastantes vascos, esto lo puedes ver en el aspecto de los pueblos no solo en Rioja si no tambien en Burgos y Soria. Históricamente los territorios riojanos pertenecían a estas dos ultimas provincias.

Attached: castilian toad.png (420x420, 15K)

>vasco escrito
Tenia entendido que el vasco no se unifico como idioma hasta el XIX
>Muchos dicen que el castellano simplemente era latín hablado por vascos.
El Castellano es originario de Rioja y Burgos
>la primeras repoblaciones participaron bastantes vascos
llegaron hasta Cadiz algunos, es oficialmenete parte del estraradio de Bilbao
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diáspora_vasca#Repoblaciones_durante_la_Reconquista

Woah! That is super interesting. This is why they used to call Spain the Kingdoms of Spain haha. Also do you guys call the language espanol or castellano?