/brit/

why does the uk still own all those islands around the world? why not let them go and become countries of their own

Attached: UnitedKingdom (GB).png (649x336, 39K)

Like what? Caribbean islands wouldn't make it on their own and everything else has British populations or is a military base.

INDEPENDENCE FOR HAWAII!

They're our fallbacks should Anglo Hive Prime be incapacitated (God forbid).

Attached: 146113762260165.png (328x309, 45K)

i agree

All those islands choose to be a British Overseas Territory. 98.97% of Gibraltar wants to remain British. 99.8% of the Falklands wants to remain British. The citizens are clearly quite happy with the way things are, I don't see why some people on a Vietnamese fingerpainting forum think this is a bad thing.

well, they govern themselves anyway. you could give them foreign aid, if you care about them so much

>you could give them foreign aid, if you care about them so much

Britain does.

you could even keep your military bases in them, like we do in Micronesia and Marshall Islands

They're fine with being non sovereign.

how do you know? im sure you dont talk to them very often, except when you're giving them their semi-annual cash dump

If they want to go they can, but small (kinda) British populations stranded in the middle of ocean tend to stick with the motherland.

you would most definitely keep south georgia, montserrat, gibraltar, and anguilla, but everything else can hold its own

Yeah especially the Falklands that are right next to a hostile country that wouldn't allow trade, has previously invaded them and still has politicians that claim it. They'd be fine.

Send all the British military home.

god cannot STOP wanking to moni's new pics xx

argentina doesn't care, it wasn't like that was the last war the uk fought recently

>argentina doesn't care
user, I ...

>americans

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (400x386, 41K)

aren't we great

Tax havens and military bases

this guy gets it