Why does Norway do this? I mean honestly? How the fuck does the public not have a uproar about this?

Why does Norway do this? I mean honestly? How the fuck does the public not have a uproar about this?

Why should people who have murdered, raped, kidnapped, etc. be allowed to live a comfortable life? If you want to help them, then give them counseling, give them amenities, but living in a fucking house? How the fuck do they deserve that.

I'm not trying to make some "Ameri-bear" post, but I know people will make that into this. But i'm gonna also post some other international jail cells, for comparison to this bullshit.

Attached: norway_5.jpg (398x284, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-owq49aKOA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sweden

Attached: MWUyYjRjNjE1ZiMvbHJnb3Foc0NIREtZX0l4NzRzbHhQcjlwNW5BPS82OHgxMDk6NDYzNXgyOTkwL2ZpdC1pbi83NjB4MC9maWx0 (759x479, 26K)

USA (they can buy tvs)

UK

Attached: Prison-myths.jpg (615x409, 44K)

shit

Attached: prison-5.jpg (285x186, 9K)

>It's another episode of dumb American talking about things that he doesn't understand
I'm going to give you a hint: not every kind of criminal get to live like that. Stop talking you're idiotic

mind your own business

people get raped to death regularly in our prison system, if Norway's is broken by being too luxurious ours is proportionally way more broken by being monstrous

Canada

Attached: CvjEO6e.jpg (1152x768, 224K)

Why do any? That's my question you stupid Finn. I'm aware that Norway has "normal prisons"

But this is a cell in the prison Anders Breivek is.
How the fuck does someone like he deserve something like this?

Attached: _88783872_cell_getty.jpg (660x419, 31K)

Amazing way to drive someone insane and more violent

If there is one prisoner in the world who deserves this it's Breivik. That man deserves to live in a fucking palace until the end of his days if you ask me.

>says a Mexican

Do you want him to shit in a bucket or something?

Because the average Norwegian lives in a home like this.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1920x1203, 701K)

mad because your family members in jail don't have it comfy like that, american kneegrow?

>If there is one prisoner in the world who deserves this it's Breivik. That man deserves to live in a fucking palace until the end of his days if you ask me.

Attached: B8B05341-868F-4207-ADCE-58F55B9FB124.jpg (957x960, 48K)

Attached: 1521192131762.jpg (435x592, 107K)

Even the nice prison still has no Internet. I'd rather live in a favela

Because they want them to stop being criminals. Giving someone a 20 year sentance in solitary for having more than 10 grams of marijuana isn't exactly going to turn them to be state loving citizens now is it?

seconding this

Also Breivik dinduu nuffin

prisoners should be given access to certain sites on the internet. educational sites only.

Attached: 1521566632855.jpg (3024x4032, 718K)

how many family members of yours are currently living like that

mixed is basic

Attached: 2_3.jpg (679x496, 91K)

Exactly
Says a Mexican, our jail system just makes shit worst and tries so fucking hard to be like yours

That's a solitary confinement cell, which are actually heavily scrutinized for humane reasons, and several prisoners/wardens are trying to either remove, or fix them in some way.

This is an average cell however, and you also have to remember that these people can stay out of their cell for average of like 17 hours a day, as long as their good.

pic related

No, that's not what i'm saying, but his cell isn't much worse than a low-cost dorm room for a college. Someone who killed a shit ton of people doesn't deserve that much.

He should be allowed a toilet, bed, etc. But when it looks that nice, idk it just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe i'm just autistic.

fuck off back to Sup Forums i'm trying to have an actual discussion.

And in the first place he killed more whites than anything, but he's still some reason a hero to you retards.

Someone would never get 20 year solitary sentence in the USA because of weed, only the absolute worst of the worst get solitary if it's not for something they did inside the prison.
When I say worse, I mean literal terrorists, or people that were insanely brutal.

I know a story of one guy, judge literally said he was a "devil" but he was put in general population, before ever being put in segregation.

And I really didn't know Breivik only got 20 years, but regardless, isn't their a kink in Norwegian law that makes that a de facto life sentence? Where a judge can extend it or something?

Zero, but thanks for asking

Attached: 480937346.jpg (4355x3119, 2.45M)

Wait what's wrong ? It's not at all some horrible 3rd world unsanitory jail where you are stuck with 10 rapists, it's not awful, not worse than say a psych hospital room really.

And it's not a 5star hotel either, and i think this is good since regardless of rehabilitation results taxpayers can not be asked to afford luxuries they themselves can't necessarily afford, that's simply indecent.

It is simple, clean, functional, liveable
You have a bed you can read books
Nothing bad whatsoever there

The goal of prison should indeed not be to punish criminals and get revenge for the victims, but neither it is to be some sort of high-end therapy center, i know the business a bit do you know how fucking much some rich families pay for their teenage kids to go to rehab centers that are EXACTLY like this place ? Fucking tens of thousands of euros. Seriously.

>fuck off back to Sup Forums i'm trying to have an actual discussion.

Are you? American's seem to think that prison should be as inhumane and insufferable as possible then wonder why people aren't rehabilitated and ready to be integrated back into society again.

The Mexican and Finn posters get it. This country is unbelievably fucking stupid.

>Someone would never get 20 year solitary sentence in the USA because of weed

Either underage or sheltered as fuck. Non-violent drug offenders gets similar sentences compared to murderers. It makes it very easy to hate the state and authority when our justice system is this broken.

>And I really didn't know Breivik only got 20 years, but regardless, isn't their a kink in Norwegian law that makes that a de facto life sentence? Where a judge can extend it or something?
It's twenty years minimum. Judges can extend it indefinitely

Mate, solitary confinement is not the same thing as a prison sentence. You're the one that does not know what they are talking about.

Solitary confinement is done solely at the discretion of the people in the prison system, not the Judges themselves.

There are 5 classes in US prisons

Class 1 (Super-Max)
Worst of the worst go here; Mass-murderers, terrorists, or just people who kill a shit ton in the prison.

Class 2 (High-Max)
Death row inmates, serial killers, drug lords, etc.

Class 3 (Max)
Murderers, Serial rapists, child molesters, high-grade drug offences, some weapons charges.

Class 4 (Medium)
Most felonies go here, excluding some drug stuff.

Class 5 (Low)
This is where most prisoners spend final months of prison time.

Thats for starters at least. Prisoners go up or down based on behaivor inside of prison. Which is why some drug addicts end up in Super-Max, if they get in a lot of fights, or other shit.

it's pretty shit for a supposedly first world country

maybe it looks a bit too sanitized ? and lifeless ? yeah ok but we are not here for fucking aesthetic considerations, it is simple, functional, liveable, and better than ours
ours are bad but in that uk jail pic i thought it looked pretty decent honestly, if i got sent to prison it would be way above my expectations

Attached: 36da787c79e0b0fad46ee1c75d46bd0b4fd25fbf954b237c62001a287d6f5722.jpg (768x512, 80K)

They wanna rehabilitate people instead of make them even worse then they were

Our prison system is shit, it mistreats people constantly and MUST be reformed to be rehabilitative (except for blacks they cannot be reformed and should be deported)

Why do you want to treat criminals as lepers
many people make bad mistakes at some point, but they're still you neighbors and they can improve their lives. What if it were you in prison for a poor choice you made? Being locked away, losing years of your life to be industrious and free is punishment enough, we don't need to add psychological torture.

this

our prison is like in the fucking 3rd world shitholes
worst in europe and full of muslims
youtube.com/watch?v=-owq49aKOA8

Attached: affiche_prisons-la-honte-de-la-republique_1.jpg (3504x2336, 1.31M)

comfy

If you treat them like scum, they will come out on the street as scum.

Attached: NORWAY_PRISON_LIFE.jpg (3091x2243, 3.57M)

Post more comfy prisons pls :3

Attached: 1519345204089.jpg (721x717, 115K)

Attached: USA_PRISON_LIFE.jpg (3179x2127, 3.83M)

Really grim

>Why does Norway do this? I mean honestly? How the fuck does the public not have a uproar about this?
because they have the lowest recidivism rate in the world instead of creating an environment for catalyzation of gangs and mental illnesses

The poorer your parents or family who raised you, the more likely you end up getting imprisoned. That’s how it works. These prisoners have hurt people. But the prisoners themselves are also the victims of the society.

I don’t know if it’s right to provide such comfortable lives to prisoners. But it’s understandable.

Looks similar to ours.

Attached: _LB_5416.jpg (942x530, 86K)

from societies point of view, this is good

the criminal with more chance come out of prison unisolated, so may be a useful member of society when hes free

while from the point of individual, it seems unfair abit