I have done with this book

i have done with this book
honestly why westerners believe this God
he is too unreasonable too intolerance too cuel man i think

Attached: holy-bible-old-testament-kjv.jpg (425x567, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 21:18-21&version=KJV
skeptically.org/bible/id7.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

most ignore the old testament
barely touched it at my school aside from as a background to the new testament

its a fiction novel written by someone a couple thousand years ago. why do people still believe in this crap.

Comes from a different time and culture. To you he is cruel and unreasonable. To people of that time such displays indicate power and superiority. Which are worshipable. It's not really compatible with Christian values of the last few centuries, though.

That’s organised religion for you

'Christian values of the last few centuries' are not Christian values.

why europian hate jew...they loved by god...

they reject the christ

man the old testament is the jews' book and it is full of horrible things

read the new testaments it's all about jesus being a good person and completely different

this

OK i can understand
it is like people love LOTR but The Hobbit is not so popular

t. Marcion

t.

Attached: 1518161650770.png (600x825, 679K)

>killing fags is bad
ok

1. Start with the new
2. Read the old
3. Read the new again.
4. Read some works of theology.
5. Cry in utter sorrow when you realize Christ's sacrifice and love for you despite everything
6. Beg for forgivness
7. Deliver yourself throughly and completely to the Lord because you don't want to attempt against Him anymore.
8. Read everything again, forever.

There's quite a few worthwhile lewd passages there and some few nice allegories but yeah, it mostly reads as the adventures of a /poltard who achieved Godhood in the bronze age and decided to go full retard biased in favor of his "chosen people"

Many of God's commandments are autist tier arbitrary and this guy commands murder and genocide with the ease of a 12 year old kekistani, his double morals are likewise on the same standard

No one takes it seriously, all the nonsense is nopw assumed to be metaphorical or some enlightening deep mistery. The actual values of Christianity (those Westerners continually ignore) come from Jesus, that's stuff like judge not, turn the other cheek and love thy neighbour.

The obvious exception is American conservatives, those retards read the old testament literally, they're Muslim tier idiots.

why ignore it when it's the base for new testament?

Either everything from it is true or everything is false. We can't just take the parts we like

>Either everything from it is true or everything is false.
Only protestant retards believe in biblical literalism

>The actual values of Christianity (those Westerners continually ignore) come from Jesus, that's stuff like judge not, turn the other cheek and love thy neighbour.
lmao yeah right i agree we are not tolerant enough we need to do even more
i think after giving away our countries and money to foreigners, the next step is mass suicide, jesus would love that surely and frankly i don't see what more we could do

no seriously kys

i understand thanks
i will read new one too immediately
but still job is pitiful

Polish, Sudacas and niggers are not Westerners.

Westerners don't believe in God anymore, it's just an old tradition really. The serious believers these days are in the third world, Africa and Latin America mainly. I think it's pretty funny that the Vatican picked an Italian-Argentinian pope. It's like they had to acknowledge that the most devoted Catholics are from South America, but weren't ready to go all the way and appoint an actual spic.

It was written by multiple people over a period of a millennium, but you're right.

J*sus CANNNOT be the messiah, ok?

>not being a young-earth Creationist
Up your faith-game, lad.

GTFO

wtf didn't we genocide people like you

it's impossible that Earth is only few thousand years old though, there are many proofs that it's much older

you can handwave it away if you try hard enough

All of that """proof""" is just a test of faith by God

>dude read this fanfiction where the MC is a literal mary-sue it's so much better

Attached: 1495050185225.jpg (260x260, 20K)

Agreed. Mahayana Buddhism makes more sense.

t. christ-killer kike

>Read the old

You don't "read the old". You study the old. People who just read it without context or guidance miss the whole point. I say this as an atheist.

How do you even have dignity to post in this thread you christ killing scum?

>hurr read our primitive carvings about how we are the best and we should enslave everybody else
>so much better than this actual work of litterature made by graeco-roman philosophers and scholars
kys

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 21:18-21&version=KJV
I really want to know where the higher wisdom is in this

>Argentinians aren't spics
Wew lad...

lol, way to go showing what an uneducated troglodyte you are. The Bible is a very interesting book that can teach you a lot about the values and life in the old world, but your psyche is so governed by memes that you're unable to appreciate that.

Attached: 1435865812721.jpg (720x714, 67K)

More like the devil. It was Lucifer himself who put those dinosaur bones there.

that flag tho

>kill the stubborn and rebellious son
why not? He was probably drug addict too

>the values and life in the old world
the problem is that your tribe has kept the exact same values millenia later

I didn't talk about wisdom, though I'm sure there's some deeper interpretation of that passage. It just shows you how our values changed as a society (or not). How morals can shift.

>the problem is that your tribe has kept the exact same values millenia later

Attached: 1517084590112.png (442x500, 54K)

Read about your own history. Such cruelty has NEVER been replicated in history.

Tell me 1 unreasonable story in the Bible.

>this post
>this flag

Attached: 1479639854247.jpg (890x890, 116K)

Pope Francis was born in Argentina but he is of Italian ancestry, so not a true spic.

Old testament > New Testament

The bible is not esoteric, it is exoteric. It is a very simplified text.

That’s the point. Nature and life is unreasonable and cruel.

I recomend reading a bible with comentary, even the new testament has its quirks

Kill glutonous and drunk Israelites.

Jews have the mishnah, talmud, etc. to interpret the bible, not to mention the Kabbalah which enters hippyland territory. Not to mention that the lack of a genuine Sanhedrin means there is no universal authority on Jewish law, meaning anyone can interpret it as they like.

look i write like this
does that make me japanese yet?
why western man still reply to my thread?
so easy to bait i dont understand...

Yet they form the core values of the West and the values of Christians worldwide.

Polish "people" and Jews aren't westerners.

>King James
here's your problem
Get a proper Bible with commentary, to help you understand historical and cultural content of the events in it. Orthodox study bible would be the best for that.

If you read the OT they were straying from God extremely often, also killed many of the Prophets he sent for them. If you read the NT, they rejected the Messiah, Jesus Christ, when he came and cooperated with the Romans to kill him and later were trying to squish the early Christians (described in the Book of Acts).

>NT God is like, totally different from OT God.
Stop being a brainlet frog. There are no contradictions between OT and NT and in fact Jesus himself cites and references OT multiple times.

I read all of it and there isn't a single part where God started it, honestly, everyone deserved it. Especially the Canaanites.

Are you reading it in English or in Japanese? Idk about Japanese translations, but you should try to get a Bible with scholarly commentary to understand it better. Also yes, start with the New Testament, then go and study the Old one and see how it relates to the New. Also reading commentaries on interpretations from early Christians would be helpful.

>Remove gluttonous, drunkard, good for nothings from you society
>not wise
Kek. Also notice how it states that the decision needs to be approved by the elders, so it prevents parents from lynching their kids if they piss them off to much.

What is everyone's favorite bible verse?
>Revelation 13:1
>The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

Attached: thebeast.jpg (640x578, 103K)

So much this

Attached: molochworship.jpg (1494x1672, 625K)

Silmarillion is the better example. It's pretty much the Old Testament of the LOTR.

Proverbs 31:10-31 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
10 Who shall find a valiant woman? far and from the uttermost coasts is the price of her.

11 The heart of her husband trusteth in her, and he shall have no need of spoils.

12 She will render him good, and not evil, all the days of her life.

13 She hath sought wool and flax, and hath wrought by the counsel of her hands.

14 She is like the merchant's ship, she bringeth her bread from afar.

15 And she hath risen in the night, and given a prey to her household, and victuals to her maidens.

16 She hath considered a field, and bought it: with the fruit of her hands she hath planted a vineyard.

17 She hath girded her loins with strength, and hath strengthened her arm.

18 She hath tasted and seen that her traffic is good: her lamp shall not be put out in the night.

19 She hath put out her hand to strong things, and her fingers have taken hold of the spindle.

20 She hath opened her hand to the needy, and stretched out her hands to the poor.

21 She shall not fear for her house in the cold of snow: for all her domestics are clothed with double garments.

22 She hath made for herself clothing of tapestry: fine linen, and purple is her covering.

23 Her husband is honourable in the gates, when he sitteth among the senators of the land.

24 She made fine linen, and sold it, and delivered a girdle to the Chanaanite.

25 Strength and beauty are her clothing, and she shall laugh in the latter day.

26 She hath opened her mouth to wisdom, and the law of clemency is on her tongue.

27 She hath looked well to the paths of her house, and hath not eaten her bread idle.

28 Her children rose up, and called her blessed: her husband, and he praised her.

29 Many daughters have gathered together riches: thou hast surpassed them all.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: the woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands: and let her works praise her in the gates.

skeptically.org/bible/id7.html

Every single one of those points is wrong. Atheist brainlets.

“Look,” says the Teacher, “this is what I have discovered:

“Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things—
28 while I was still searching
but not finding—
I found one upright man among a thousand,
but not one upright woman among them all.

It's a book of metaphors. The stone tablets are probably YaHweh Federation standard issued PDAs. Jesus is probably some alien human hybrid and Mary was artificial inseminated by the aliens, hence the miracle virgin birth. These aliens are probably still among us, or is studying us from a far.

Attached: Ancient-Aliens.jpg (500x436, 24K)

There are billions of star system in our galaxy alone, the chance of having some advance alien isn't so far off.

>theyre wrong because I SAID SO
>facts DONT matter
>REE SHUT UP!
theist logic everybody

Most of it is semitic trash and its unfortunate we got stuck with it.

The chance of them being able to travel such vast distance to get here is very far off though.
Unless they have Spice Melange or something, lel

I'm not gonna go over 62 points here. You should pick up Bible and check those quotes yourself.

I liked Revelations

good frog

bro Moses was an even bigger Mary Sue

>finally in danger
>fuck physics LOL split this bitch up

Jesus literally died

OY VEY GOYIM READ MY BOOK DONT READ THAT OTHER NONSENSE!

Attached: jewing intensifies.gif (208x200, 381K)

I think it's a neat story where god grows up which makes him relatable. He goes from jealous and cruel at the start and gets gentler over the course becoming a loving god. It shows the mentallity of mankimd evolving over thousands of years

t. Judas

Is that you, Pontius?