Am I supposed to be proud of my British heritage...

Am I supposed to be proud of my British heritage? Honestly from reading about them I am starting to think they might have been the bad guys pretty much most of the time.

Attached: 1521033131241.jpg (655x643, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_innovations_and_discoveries
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

inshallah
you should be ashamed of your heritage

Just do what I did and marry a Chinese chick. I have been to Sydney, they are fucking everywhere.

>oh no Australia is full of model minority immigrants, how terrible

Yes you should. White people are naturally racist because their ancestors looted our natural resources and enslave my people. Also white people ( brits included ) is the reason why people like me can't become succesful because of systematic racism

What about the Jews?

Singaporeans are exactly like you except successful though?

ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST

They're oppresed by white people for decades in europe. Remember the 6 million

wh*tes are less insidious. they constantly attempt to split people's opinion about other race by discrediting their achievements and slanderizing them

aus man come home

You have fallen victim to JF lies and propaganda. The British had the most moral empire.

the english were just as bad as the rest of them and often actually a little better

History is a very grim subject when you look at the details. Humanity acting "human" is a very modern concept. Every single empire in the history of mankind, was built by murderers, pirates, slavers and liars. The reality is cruelty is as human as kindness. Being of British heritage isn't something to be proud of, but isn't something to be ashamed of either. We're all human. If Britain never existed at all there still would've been wars and genocides. Everyone's out for themselves, that's not a bad thing, it's expected when resources are limited. We all have needs and desires. That naturally leads to conflict. Some people will win over others. That's life.

>the Anglo dellusion

>chinese
>model minority immigrants

Attached: 1399870900750.jpg (250x418, 18K)

was mostly thinking of the dutch and belgians there, hard to be worse than them
my parents are irish too so I'm not anglo

we are, but the chinese aren't examples of them

most asians you see in the cities are tourists Tbh
since we're the closest western nation to Asia they fucking swarm all over us

Id even argue that the Brit did more than the Leopold, the Opium war was a disgusting thing.

true but it's good to maintain a degree of separation between the British government and the East India Company who were genuine fucking dicks

Im not (yet) talking about India though. And if you make the distinction between the EIC and the UK, then the attrocities in Congo should not be associated with Belgium since it was their king's private company that was in charge of the colony, not the country.

Yeah, that's all well and good, but no other group of people have committed more atrocities in the name of colonization than the Brits. You people have the nerve to then complain about the natives taking back what's rightfully theirs in Africa, Argentina and other places. Fuck right off, Nigel

Leopold straight up told them what to do, I don't know of anything of the like for the British East India company.
They were pretty autonomous for the most part, which is why I make the distinction. The colonisation of India was completely accidental for the British, they actually had no intention of doing so and it was all the result of the EIC.

I don't really care to be honest. It made us rich, didn't it?

But the king had no real power in the Belgian monarchy, and Leopold told them to do so because it was his private company, not because he was king.

And that's the bottom line always, isn't it. You people talk about culture and being civilized when all you've ever done is fuck humanity in the arse for a fucking commission.

not too familiar with all that but I'll take that on board

It's what it always comes down to, regardless of your heritage.

>Humanity acting "human" is a very modern concept
We Westerners no better than our ancestors. We are still doing all the evil things we did in the past, at least by proxy

americans are always so obsessed with muh ancestors
my ancestors were criminals that got sent here on a boat, that doesn't make me a criminal myself

have a private company conquer the entire indian subcontinent
use their own people as troops to occupy it
control the economy so its in a massive deficit channelling money into your own

the fucking madmen

Was the opium wars the absolute peak of British evil?

Whether or not it's evil is up for debate. Wouldn't they do the same, if our situation was reversed?

I think you’d know the answer to your own question if you were more specific. “British convict heritage” you mean?

They definitly would, and did so in the past

for me it's the potato famine
>conquer Ireland
>insist they're a core part of Britain while actively fucking them over to the point where they're dependent on potatos to survive
>potato crops fail causing mass starvation
>sit around about 100 km away in England and refuse to send them any help
>population never returns to pre-famine levels

I just saw the same copypasta post with "british" replaced with "german" on Sup Forums.

yeah like as an Australian it's easy for me to criticise what countries like Russia are doing, but we've done plenty of shady shit ourselves, like supporting the unwarranted Indonesian invasion of East Timor then looking the other way while the Indonesians spent two decades massacring the Timorese and committing literal genocide

It's not copypasta, I just typed it up. Some kraut stole my thread

Most of us are just regular British descendants, not convict ones.

>unironically wasting time to explain this
did you expecting any brainlets to accept your PoV

based

There is no reason to ever feel ashamed because of what your ancestors did hundreds of years ago. I am a firm believer that the sins of the father are not the sins of the son, you never asked to be born Anglo so whether you want to feel proud of it or not is up to your personal preference.

hell yea we do

honestly don't mind you lads, you fit in well over here

also
>refuse humanitarian help from other countries because it would make you look bad

So does that mean you also shouldn't feel pride?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_innovations_and_discoveries

Attached: 1521809755428.gif (645x773, 8K)

>proud of heritage

Attached: index.png (192x262, 5K)

You might understand if you had something to be proud of

mate your ancestors were probably just dirty labourers like the rest of us, there's nothing to be proud of from them

The problem is using the mental framework of good and evil. The brits were just greedy people looking for more resources. They did some good on their venture but also a lot of down right nasty things. The issue is when they start painting themselves as saints and get butthurt when you bring up the bad shit that they did.

I agree. My ancestors were store owners, nothing to be proud of

mine were literal terrorists, shan't be celebrating that

Going to be giving your house back to the noble red man any time soon?

create your own heritage. that's why your grandparents moved to new world. so that you can start your own legacy. they were successful in generating extremely high per capita success, will you?

did you click on their stores?

could be worse

>Argentinia
>run conquestofthedesert.jpeg
>thousands of indigenous peoples killed
>nearly destroyed a entire race
>took 15000 slaves and were prevented from having children
> many natives are still being denied land and human rights,A leader of the Aboriginal Community Félix Díaz claimed that his people were being denied medical assistance, did not have much access to drinking water and traders keep raising food prices. He also claimed judges would not even hear the native's complaints.
>they are weak and we are strong,this is what they deserve
>falkland islands
>discovered by the brits so of course it´s theirs
>argentina gets mad,wants the islands
>sends barely armed teenagers to recover them
>killed because of course
>have signs all over the country saying LAS MALVINAS(falkland) SON ARGENTINAS,on tshirts,politician say it,etc
>try to guilt trip brits because what else can they do?we are weak and they are strong,but its not fair because even though they discovered it we´re closer and mom said its my turn on the xbox

i am so fucking ashamed of my country,if anyone with any authority is here please nuke us

Attached: thisisthecountryimsoproudof.jpg (300x168, 8K)

exe not jpeg,still new to Sup Forums