TL;DR - any tips for someone getting ready to move to a new country?

TL;DR - any tips for someone getting ready to move to a new country?

Moving to Norway this summer from the United States (Also hold EU citizenship, will register as EU national once I move).

I've been working towards this for a while now, and just now I am hit with some major anxiety; I realize that I am not prepared for this major move to another country.

I'm nowhere near fluent in Norwegian, which will make my job search very difficult, from what I understand. I know that most people in Norway are fluent in English anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem to get around, but I feel like I need to be fluent to properly assimilate.

I have no idea what I'll be able to afford as far as apartments go, because I'm not sure what kind of pay I should expect in an unskilled job where fluency in Norwegian is not required (restaurant/cooking work, probably).

I haven't even decided on a general area in Norway to move to...

I've spent all my time worrying about obtaining EU citizenship, and now that I have it, the "next steps" seem like an endless maze of delicately interconnected puzzle-pieces that need to fit together just right, and I've been inadvertently ignoring them until now. It's incredibly overwhelming...

Attached: noflag.gif (499x304, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gxT9puUzmxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First of all, are you rich?

It sounds like you didn't do anything at all to get ready for this. You can get those infos online, but you should visit a place before moving.

What you are doing?

go to sweden instead, everyone just gets extremely dissappointed when they get here

If you move to Oslo it will be easier to find a job even if your Norwegian is bad. How good is it btw OP?

I have no idea why anyone from another western country would move here. Enjoy the alienation, winter depression and culture shock I guess.

don't forget this is legit one of the hardest places on earth to get friends

oslo will probably be his only shot if he's an unskilling worker

he could try to work on a fishing boat but that will just end up with him drowning or killing himself

>I have no idea why anyone from another western country would move here. Enjoy the alienation, winter depression and culture shock I guess.
I am considering it simply because the wages are in comparison far higher then italy and i need to pay a mortgage i have fast, So it is very important for me. Idc about culture and friends and winter.

>Enjoy the alienation, winter depression and culture shock I guess.
It's not that bad, really.

For us, no. For foreigners, probably.
reeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wouldn't germany be better? that's where most italians go at least

my uncle moved to germoney cause of work so it can't be that bad in comparison to here

Jeg er ikke norsk.

The cost of living is also far higher so it evens out, Specially Oslo, which is the most expensive place to live in Norway. If you get an entry level, low paying job in the service industry or something similar you'll easily spend 75% of your wage on monthly expenses.

I would go anywhere i can find a good job, but internet says Norway has higher wage. Possibly bigger cities in Germany and Norway actually have comparable wages.
I know, but You are missing a couple of things. First you lose a good percentage of your entry level wage everywhere you go. But the remaining percentage is bigger if the wage is bigger. And that percentage will go towards paying an Italian mortgage so it being bigger is very relevant.
Also being in a richer country makes some expenses smaller. Like vidya and electronics and cars and boardgames don't scale proportionally. But that's not the issue.

I wanna go to Norway or Finland too.
Is it really that cold?

>reeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Nothing personnel whitey.

he fell for the meme

No, unless you live in reindeer or polar bear country.

You're gonna be miserable there.

Nordic countries are generally only good places to live if you're Nordic. You're gonna regret it.

Fuck off, we're full.

based

We're coming whether you like it or not.

Pack your bags, boys.

>Pack your bags, boys.
Wtf? can't i finish my degree first mum?

>muh scandis know english

Doesn't matter, if you come to work here permanently you should definitely speak Norwegian.

I know a Norwegian who moved here. He is blonde, blue haired, speaks Norwegian and English.

He has an Arab gf now and they live together.

>blue haired

Attached: ascended american.png (640x550, 231K)

fugg

you know what I mean, Marius

>Poor scandis don't know about dye

el goblino thinks having blue hair is a european feature

Not really

Attached: 2018-03-23_20-23-11.png (1565x424, 60K)

>He is blonde
>Blue haired

Attached: 1518933065738.jpg (645x729, 135K)

Move to Denmark.
It's Norway but better.
Don't listen to Finnish and Swedish jews.

Oslo and Maryland have the same climate and there are over 6 million americans living in Maryland so I think they are used to that type of weather

Wew we had 17 degrees today i think.

lel everyone I know who moved here ended up disappointed and wishing they went to norway or sweden

Almost everyone i know who moved anywhere at all ended up disappoitned. People tend to think their cunt is shit and others are perfect.

>wanting to live in norway
Retards.

>Move to Denmark.
>It's Norway but better.

I think we have a comedian here.

BTW Don't compare us with with that gloomy swamp shithole pls

That's a joke right

Rude

t. falseflag Danish
Stop pretending your country is shit.

I know a Hispanic scientist who moved to Denmark, didn't like it, and now she works in Sweden

Denmark is just the beta version of the Netherlands.

safe place to live but boring and depressing.

Don't come here Amerifat, you're not welcome

Can you introduce me to her? Is she qt?

All immigrants will be sent to Gulags

is that what you call luxury apartments in sweden?

So the Japan of Europe

But Norway isn't in the EU. Do they accept EU nationals even if they aren't in?

no, we don't have any mountains.

>So the Japan of Europe

There are lots of mountains in Japan, Denmark is flat like The Netherlands

>Oslo and Maryland
lolno

Yes, Norway is in still an EEA member.

Attached: eea.png (1037x578, 125K)

>lmao muh country is really not as good as you believe xd i hate my country
>literally top 5 in every statistic that indicates a good country

pic related is me throwing you into the garbage

Attached: 1518138700485.jpg (1199x620, 73K)

I'm moving to sweden in a few years and stay for 90 days once or twice a year, protip the scandinavian languages are easy for us to learn, although I would rate swedish as the easiest because it doesn't have the tones or three grammatical genders like norwegian and it's reasonable to listen to unlike danish.

what state do you come from?

If you're from a red state, move to the rural areas, as people will like you there. And you can shoot guns, and generally be an american with no repercussions.

If you're from a blue state. Just stay back home. The rural areas will hate you, and so will the urban areas.

>top 5 in every statistic that indicates a good country
Meme-statistics has little value when it comes to actually moving to a country. What society fits you the best depends on your personality type and how and where you were raised. A person moving from an open society like Italy, Mexico, US etc. is more likely to feel miserable in a Nordic society than say a person from Germany, UK or Estonia. Not to mention the climate differences which are enough to drive someone used to sun and warm weather on a daily basis insane. Nordic cities (towns especially) are basically dead 3/4 of the year.

fair warning... foreigners are some times killed in random attacks.. targeting foreigners

she divorced now, poor Catholic woman

Don't trust the Danes

Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland is ahead of most Nordic countries.

And it's not because of immigrants

Attached: Sweden Swedish Statistics Swedes Nordic Scandinavian Ethnic Svenskar Etnisk Svensk Sverige Statistik (4864x6653, 2.43M)

only niggers though. If you're white, you're safe

Why don't you go work in Switzerland? Isn't italian even one of their official languages? Seriously curious.

Switzerland is the main choice. But as i said i would go anywhere which offers me good pay and Noraway is among the top payers. I am not choosing Norway or anything, just saying i consider it.

rural people are Norway's subhumans

Italians are scum that ought to be euthanized

you are welcome here, we like med people. Although I think you would find it a bit boring here.

I always see nordics say we would find it boring. I don't know what idea you got of our city life.

compared to italy we're pretty small and there's less to do, but city life is fine.
also we are not really nordic, so there's that.

>we're pretty small and there's less to do
This is only a problem for extroverts.

oh my days

>Reddit-mellomrommere kommer til Norge
Å hærre

Attached: 1520097320001.jpg (264x191, 12K)

This somewhat. But also for extroverts, surely you have one or two nromie places at least? I don't know what people who say it's boring imagine meds life to be like. You just need one normieplace for a night out.

not really, denmark is a pretty normie country so if he likes partying and spending time in the city, he won't have any problem.

Oslo is nice. The memes about the city is just bs

Oslo is a shithole. Worst Nordic capital by a big margin. African and Middle Eastern immigrants are everywhere around the city center, and it's even worse in the East End of the city.

Attached: oslo.png (611x324, 24K)

t. oslo
shittiest capital of all the nordic countries by far

And also the heroin capital of Europe (fun fact)

>denmark is a pretty normie country
Normie =/= extrovert.

Of course, not everyone is an autist.

As if Stockholm is in a better situation.

Stockholm is way better looking than oslo

Oslo is actually the best nordic capital

I wasn't talking about looks.

Oh, no.... You believe the memes

I live in Oslo and I go to Stockholm occasionally, I don't need any memes to see the reality.

>Stockholm is way better looking than oslo

How can Stockholm or any other nordic capital even compete?

So comfy...

Attached: oslo park ..jpg (1280x720, 173K)

Oslo is a shithole ruined by jews, Stockholm is a shithole ruined by jews.

of course you do

So Scandinavian countries are good for people who are NEETS/Antisocial?

Attached: 1517570703463.png (741x568, 43K)

Ever been to Oslo yourself?

If you are black/brown then yes. Whites don't get welfare anymore, they are supposed to work and pay for other peoples welfare instead.

>black/brown then yes
I am ready for the big neetbux

Attached: 02f.jpg (600x820, 50K)

Interesting.... how much are plane tickets to Norway?

Attached: 1521244804719.jpg (699x485, 60K)

>t. padaniANO who thinks he's a brown because he's 1/64th sicilian
face it you're a wh*toid

Oslo and comfy music goes hand in and
youtube.com/watch?v=gxT9puUzmxU

It's padANO and i am 100% arab