How come japan produces no mecha movies? only animation

how come japan produces no mecha movies? only animation

Anime is the lowest tier of entertainment.

Good post, now answer read his post again and actually answer the question, MORON.

how come all the cool kids watch it then?

Because they have a infrastructure and a skill set for animation but it doesn't translate directly into live action. VFX work shares some similarities with animation but there are also huge differences. Same thing with employees, you can't just take a anime animator and stuck him to a live action film. Different skillset.

So called "cool kids" have average intelligence, which they use for find their place in society. This is quite tiresome attempt, so they need to be entertained when they are idle. Anime is excellent choice for exhausted "reality master."

oh, i didn't realize you were saying manga is way better than anime. i almost completely agree.

I remember the anime watching crowd in my high school were like fobby gooks and ugly autist.

yes Yes YES YES YESYESYESYES HE SAID IT HOWEVER HOWEVER HOWEVER I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE ANSWEEERRRRRR TO THE QUESTIONS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER I NEED TO KNOW

Rebuttal: Mainstream sports

>tfw as bleak and miserable as most of EoE was, that fight has pretty much never been matched for sheer aggressive wonder

It was such a glorious moment from a character who'd been a complete wreck minutes earlier.

>Hating anime on an anime dicussion forum

This was anime discussion forum 10 years ago, times change, time for you to fuck off to some other anime forum.

You live in Sydney, faggot? Wanna meet up and fight?

This is an anime forum whether you like it or not.

FUCK OFF WEEEBS

You are not on Sup Forums right now, fuckface.
If I ever meet you irl, I swear I will kick your ass for being such a faggot.

Again, you have to go back.

No you have to go back to Sup Forums

They can barely afford making the movies they make now that aren't just small dramas

No, you have to go back to rebbit.

no, you have to go back to not deluding yourself into thinking anime is anything other than generally mildly passable at best with the grand majority of it being comically bad. also you're from r*ddit not me lol haha

You know where to go.

>thread about mecha
>go back to Sup Forums
>not /m/
Don't post here until you learn what boards are on the site.

Maybe Anno is the exception
>EoE
>bleak and miserable

where do you think you are?

that would be western cartoons unfortunately. just look at the tv landscape (rick and morty, steven universe, all those bleak 3D animated shows) which consists of generic crap. obviously, there are great shows inbetween but there's way too much shit in there. also, even the good western shows nowadays have subpar animation (is it only due to cutting costs?).

now I don't watch animes on a regular basis but one has to admit that visually, they are more appealing 90% of the time and the stories and characters, while being a tad too over the top for me, are also superior most of the time. Cartoons and anime ARE lower tiers of entertainment but that's pretty much everything regarding media. What's above them? Most modern movies aren't good anymore, books are superior, and sports are definitely the lowest tier. Nevertheless, in the end, everyone will watch what suits them so don't act like a little contrarian and just watch what you like

A lot of it is. I look at the ending optimistically but everything before that is pretty much the entire cast spiralling into hopelessness and despair.

in your mom's pussy with my penis lol

sports in the most noble form tho

Evangelion is overrated Schlock
>dude let's deconstruct a bunch of old mecha tropes

this

such a waste of those digits with this literally 12yo joke
fuck yourself with a cactus 'LOL' xD
retard cunt

They know it would look retarded so they don't try. Doing it in a way that would look remotely decent would cost a fortune and still most likely not be worth it. For the budget of one decent looking Gundam movie they can get a decade worth of Sion Sono and Takeshi Miike productions.

>explaining it to literal children
>LOL ITS SO SIMPLE ITS NOT DEEP AT ALL

seemed to make you mad so wasn't a waste hahaha

cool off sperg

Making something obfuscated doesn't make it deep. It's just a an unimportant story used as a tool to further annos, cool and complicated visuals. I don't even think there is anything of substance to be gained from Evangelion, it's just le realism mecha fights and your typical Japanese self-insert main character. Nobody can even explain what it's about after 20 years. Chances are he just bullshitted his way to make it seem like it had substance and let a bunch of overly observant machildren fill in the rest with theories and bullshit.

this

correction its videogames first followed very closely by anime

because they don't have a strong movie industry. Its like asking why Brazil does not make world famous comics

they don't? i thought japs are really great at making cinema.

What gave you that idea? look at their output quantity and budgets. I mean they do sometimes make good stuff but right now US rules that area, French have not made anything good since the 90s and Russians have not made anything of note since the soviet union

>and Russians have not made anything of note since the soviet union
ok now i know for sure you don't know what ur on about

ok name few movies. even nochnoi dozor had its flaws and usually they make crap like Save Pushkin

>French have not made anything good since the 90s
Fuck off, French animation is amazing.

We are talking about live action films and their animation is mostly mediocre

What the fuck is 'mecha'?

It's called Power Rangers or Kamen Rider.

>their animation is mostly mediocre
kys

name at least 3 other than wakfu,ladybug and W.I.T.C.H.