Am I the only that noticed how little marketing this one is receiving?

Why?

The release date is barely three months from now and I haven't seen any spam anywhere. I remember when TFA was scheduled, they started plastering ads everywhere since 6 months prior.

Why do you care? Star Wars overall is fucking awful.

That's because TFA was garbage and they needed the forced advertisements just to make money.

TFA was the first Star Wars movie in 10 years and the launch of the new Disney Star Wars franchise, so of course the marketing machine started earlier.

Everyone knows this movie is coming out, and Disney has other properties to promote right now. Expect another trailer in a month or so and then commercials will be on the TV every 30 seconds to the point you'll be wishing for the days they "weren't marketing it at all"

It'll only make half of what TFA made

I don't think it's getting less marketing, I think we are just paying less attention.

I know that Star Wars is overrated crap, but given how much was spent for the TFA marketing I find a little weird that this one is that "quiet"

Luke just standing around. Im done for good if thats all that happens

Not nessarily. I remember back in 2015, around this time, I couldn't drive 5 miles down the street without being bombarded by TFA advertisements.

you might have a point

I'm gonna buy this and you can't stop me. :^)

this

nw that's a stubby hand

I'm probably gonna buy this and 2 porgs, one for my dog to chew and play with. I hate Disney Star Wars with all my guts but I can't resist the merchandising. Curse you Disney

They're trying to keep the new Death Star under wraps, and the ESB comparisons

so there's gonna be ANOTHER death star?

Duh? What did you expect? An original idea? What more proof do you need that everything Disney is more on the literal remake side rather than "poetry"?

It's going to make a billion doll hairs whether there are commercials for it or not. Why piss away the money?

We have been told to hold all marketing until the absolute last moment because there is a big twist that nobody wants to risk being ruined.

t. low level lucasfilm

This. Promoting a movie costs thousands and Disney is saving some money (despite how rich they are) with not promoting it. Anyway this is going to do so well regardless of promotion

>big sloth that nobody wants to risk being ruined.
Ftfy

This has to be a joke. Three death stars in a row?

The sloth thing is a fake leak, that scene doesn't happen

STAR Wars.
Celestial stars canonically did not exist until the force awakens

That's just lazy toy art, there isn't a 3rd death star

Less marketing at this juncture is better protection from brand fatigue.

We must resist 45 and his codes to the WMD

They don't NEED to advertise shit. It's star wars. It's already made 2billion dollars and it's not even out yet

They will spend the most of the money nearer to release.

Fake leak or abandoned idea? Sledgehammer and Anakin's lightsaber floating through space were once part of TFA.

because everyone realized nu star wars are just soulless cash grabs.

>Fake leak or abandoned idea?
Abandoned idea
Things got changed around to make it fit better with the big reveal

sloth?

There isn't a sloth

yes, the shilling was too strong

don't trust this guy

Don't trust this guy who said not to trust me

I know more than you dude you can't even say what number building you're in

Are they selling fruit with TLJ branding?

>not sticking up on Maz Kanata Brand tangelos

I've noticed that too. It kind of worries me.

Because they've overflooded the market already with TFA and now they know it will tank.

Basically TFA was their one sided bet into becoming the best and they failed miserably.

Think about it, if they dont promote it hype will die, but if they promote it like TFA even more hype will die because it will saturate everyone that wouldnt normally acess Star Wars content.

It's a containment strategy.

They don't want the twist that Luke is Evil and Snoke's master to get out in to public dialogue

it's gonna be bad.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

When did this 45 shit start? I had never heard of it yesterday and today it's being spammed everywhere, and yes I understand what it's referring to

Nah, it's gonna be okay-ish like the rest of them.

when democrcy died on 11/9

another 9/11

on one side micromachines were a big part of my childhood and I would want to buy OT/Prequel vehicles to have for my children.
On the other hand, there's that disney logo and the fact that I'm giving them money.
And the last option is to buy via ebay old micromachine toys

call me stupid, but I don't recall having the death star 1 or 2 the marks under the main gun, I've searched for pictures and most of them don't have the mark like I noted in pic related. Could it be simply an error or is there really a third death star?

Papa work at dindey, confirms four death star.

I don't know why people have a problem with this. The death star is an extremely powerful weapon. Why would the bad guys just stop making them? That makes no sense

it gets completely blown up every movie, so why would you make a new one?

Buy a proper model kit and build,paint,weather it not some shit quality toy.

>Promoting a movie costs thousands
>thousands

even if it did make sense in-universe, it wouldn't necessarily make for a good film

apologize

As long as the Death Star 4 is much bigger and has some additional shit stuck in it I will be excited to see it get blowed up.

The new death star is the size of a real star and has several 'death planets' with 'death moons' in orbit. Together, they form the 'death system'.

Who fucking cares at this point, when did Star Wars become guess the twist? ANH was a fine movie with twists not fucking required.

>Go buy groceries
>Star Wars ads of bags of oranges
>Star Wars pins you get for your kids when you cash in
>Star Wars ads on milk
>Star Wars everything
That was fucking weird

Poop Dameron is not impressed, there must be a shield somewhere that can be deactivated, then bam game over. Easy. I wonder why anyone would spend time and money in such useless battlestation.

It's surrounded by a death dyson's sphere instead of a shield.

>is there really a third death star?
Yes, there are three death stars.
Episode IV, VI and VII. Because Star Wars is shit.

snoke's star destroyer is 60 km wide, according to some toy packaging.
it's a MEGA star destroyer

nothing some janitor can't figure out how to deactivate it, easy

The non-meme answer is that TFA needed trailers and press to generate hype and remind the general public what Star Wars is and that it's back and no logner the joke that the prequels were. Last Jedi needs none of that. It could be released with NO trailers and no press and it would still make a billion worldwide.

The meme answer is something something jews something something flop something something cucks

They already know no one cares anymore, and it's just a question of cashing in as much as they can. Marvel fucked them up already since Iron Man 1.

it's 60 km long, probably hundreds of kilometers wide

Hmmmmm maybe the huge fucking design flaw and cost
>has the ability to destroy a planet
>literally any destroyer can do this without a deus ex machina weakness for a fraction of the cost
It's retarded that they ever invested in the Death Star

Nah was because TFA was the first move in so many years

I meant Death Star as a seperate space station, not a planet with gun type, should have specified that. I know we call the starkiller base the third death star

shame it failed to do what it set out to do

In what way was TFA not an unmitigated success?

(This outta be good)

SORRY LUCAS

Please don't tell me that you think it's an actual good quality movie just because it sold a lot, there are too many issues with the plot, Rey herself, and ANH plot beats that make the story an almost 1:1 carbon copy killing any originality it might have had.

They'll start up the marketing engine once Thor's made its money. I can't believe there's not a single post in this thread acknowledging that, you idiots.

How long before I can buy one of those little jedi penguin guys?

So have no argument then?

Despite being universally beloved by critics and audiences alike and being the third highest grossing film in film history (that's accounting only for ticket sales, it made many times that in merchandising) the film is not a success because you personally don''t like it and a handful of sperglords and alt-right garbage on a message board agree with you?

How about now you post one OBJECTIVE piece of evidence that TFA was not an unmitigated success in every way a film can be.

It was shit

Have you actually watched it or are you just going to hide behind sales and paid critics

No when you promote the movie in your own channels

>gives argument
>why dont u give me an argument
fuck off

low quality bait