ITT: villains that did nothing wrong

ITT: villains that did nothing wrong

got beat by a woman

By definition they aren't the villain then.

>These prisoners are firebombing our women and children

>Scum are lucky we even keep them alive, they shoot our POW's in the water after sinking our ships

>Fuck these gaijin, if they're going to eat our food while our own people are starving from war attrition, they can mine some fucking coal, this isn't a summer camp.

>Japs complaining about POW treatment
LOL, fucking scumbag yellow monkeys

Nigga hot his heart punched out of his chest by fucking Josh Hartnett smdh

what?

His words about war really touched me and bitch had nothing to say to prove him wrong, but movie made it seem like she said something smart.

At least they took POWs

So did the Marines when the Japs weren't trying to fall on their own swords before they got captured cuz muh honor.

I prefer death, thank you.

punished reviewbrah

>literal genocidal hand-wringing laughing cartoon of a villain in the most mediocre of the DCEU movies

No there was plenty wrong and his entire existence was part of it

He wasn't genocidal. He just wanted War to continue. In essence, he saw war as a sort of Darwinistic crucible that ultimately bettered mankind. That was sort of the point of his whole character - humanity being capable of even more brutality, cruelty, and warmongering than the literal god of war.

He mass murders his upper command and their allies when peace was very much attainable and literally stands there laughing and wringing his hands as they choke on the gas with poison woman. Just because "That's the point of the character" doesn't mean he's good.

I'm not saying he's "good," just that he's not genocidal. That's not his goal.

His goal is perpetuate a war and cause as much death and suffering as possible. And his beloved assistant's goal is to create the ultimate poison.

What the fuck was her problem?

Exactly. You can't perpetuate a war with no "enemy." Also, "genocidal" suggests that race entered into his thinking. He came off as far more "equal opportunity" than that. I had the impression that with a lack of other visible distinctions, he'd have been perfectly fine with a war between "shirts" and "skins."

>You can't perpetuate a war with no "enemy."

What is
>ideology
>money
>strategic resources

You can make a movie about everyone regretting a war and realizing it is in some way necessary. Reducing the leadership to "He loves war" is juvenile and absurd.

But that's just it - he's a Darwinistic villain who believes that mankind is bettered both morally and physically through warfare.

he didn't develop that ideology until he went senile in the 1930's and started worshipping odin.

In fact he offered the Entente peace offers 1916, they refused, and he had to keep fighting. He tried to end the war as fast as he could with his spring offensive, and then when that failed and everything went to shit, he was the one who convinced the Kaiser to sue for peace.

This movie is literally another stab in the back, a lie about Germany and Ludendorff, a national german hero.

>Germans dindu nuffin
>they offered peace terms that grabbed most of Europe, but I mean they wanted peace in the end, amirite
Why do you try so hard to pretend that any side was better than the other in that war? In WW2 you can at least pick sides according to your ideology, but WW1? A big mistake made by diplomats and monarchs for which million people had to die for. It literally had no sense.

germany legitimately dindu nuffin in that war.

France was fucking obsessed with retaking Alsace ever since their humiliating defeat in 1871, and had been basically spending 40 years gearing up for a chance at revenge.

They made a bunch of alliances and started mobilising their troops for war, provoking Germany. France had never gotten over their nationwide Napoleon complex. They elected a man named Napoleon III as their emperor hoping he would restore greatness, only for him to get captured in an embarassing battle and the Prussian army waltzed unopposed into Paris.

The only thing Littlefinger did wrong was not keeping his ass in the Vale.