en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silesian_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrocław
understandrussia.com/grumpy-cat-russia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

inferiority complex

superiority complex

cause we're poor and ugly

im not grumpy tho

Attached: 1444249449956.jpg (600x600, 30K)

We just need some chill.
In 2039 we will be alright.

Battlefield 2039 would be great though

this desu, Poles are butthurt because, well, given our history you can hardly chill out

gives us some time

Attached: 40190242224_8c467eb34d_k.jpg (2048x1365, 844K)

I have headaches and I'm bored as fuck

Attached: 1472792837646.png (554x400, 66K)

my anal thrombosis still hurts

ok, i will remind you in11 years

because I don't have a German gf (female)

Attached: 1480887230887.png (275x217, 80K)

Fine. I will still be posting here probably. Noted on the callendar.

this REEEE

So are you retaliating for the polish "jap" poster with his daily "why are they so X" threads?

>slavs crave ugly chicks

Just because we are sober

they surrounded with the nations of eternal cucks

Drink more water

t. John O'Muttovitz-Garcia

no, just being curious

>cuter than you Helga

Lack of reparations

I still dont get that ugly german girls meme

It's repeated by dumb Polacks who desperatelty search for something in which they are superior to Germans

Attached: 10 in Germany.jpg (920x713, 113K)

fuck off turk

>when you become the Fuhrer

I have seen many women that look like that in Poland. Though, maybe it's because I am from prussian part.

red pill me on Silesia. is that german clay?

I get the shitposting. But damn. There are ugly girls everywhere. I could show you dozens od ugly Polish girls. I was dating this one german girl about 3 years ago and she was amazing. That body, face. Still in my top 3 girls. Just end this meme and end Polish butthurt because its getting irritating. Just like canadian posters.

Silesia should be independent like Catalonia

these are east germans, technically they are polish
here another volga german qt
she is german with volga admxture

Attached: hey mr postman.png (863x824, 1.04M)

>le german girls are ugly

Attached: dpa-german-actress-julia-jentsch-arrives-at-the-presentation-of-her-D3J7PW[1].jpg (872x1390, 112K)

absolutely this

Do they speak their own dialect like Catalonia?

Yeah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silesian_language

>german clay?
no.
History of Silesia in a nutshell for you, my American friend.

There was a West Slavic (proto-Polish) tribe which was called Silesians, and because of their name there was a name of territory that they settled ( btw "Silesia" is a latin form of "Śląsk" ). Silesia was totally part of Polish state in medieval times, then in reunited Poland it was under Czech reignment, then Germans till WWI (part of Silesia was added to pre-war Poland then). After WWII Poland got a whole Silesia. But in all of this time Silesia was a territory with Polish people, but only under foreign reignment. There were Polish uprising there and people spoke Silesian language (Polish language with foreign distortion in some words)

One question I always wondered about it, those double German/Slav names of the cities, what came first, the Slav or the German name, or that varied from place to place?

danzig is rightful clay of former volga german assr aka FVGASSR

German flags are all Slav sub-humans on Sup Forums

that's an excellent description btw, someone should start a wiki on the world history for americans. a short tl;dr no longer than a paragraph would be the best article format.

what's the slav name?

gdansk i thing

true the only non-subhumans with german flag are volga germans

of course that Slavic name were first, it's about 90% of Silesian cities, you know in 12/13.century there was an independent Silesian Duchy under Henryks reignment (there were many of independent duchies in Europe these time because of form of heirs) and in these time Silesia experienced a boom of city settlement and that's why 90% of first names of cities were Polish, Germans only germanised them. For example: Wrocław --> Breslau, Wodzisław ---> Loslau et cetera.

and here you have an image of independent Silesian Duchies in 11-13. centuries, it seemed something like that. In 14. century most of these territories got into foreign kingdom's reignment, but of course they had a very big autonomy into kingdom (free language, law system etc.).

Attached: Silesia_1243-1248.jpg (558x588, 63K)

OK, but I am asking about the German names in general throughout Eastern Europe, Poland, Czech, maybe elsewhere, i.e. did Germans germanize all of them when they settled there, or in some cases it was the opposite, i.e. they were historically German and when they got kicked out the German names were replaced by the Slav names?

It's hard question. All modern east Germany lands were inhabited by west slavic tribes, but most of the cities was build by germans during by later colonisation of this region.

Attached: West_slavs_9th-10th_c..png (876x723, 419K)

inferiority complex
ruled by lithuanian dukes
then by the germans
now by their own monkeys
truly subuhmans of europe

Attached: 1521851911298.jpg (1334x1236, 308K)

Berlin is a slavic name

So Wroclaw is Breslau? What's the German name for Praha?

They always post wwii shit

Warsaw sounds German. Warsau

And my answer is: all of Silesian cities are germanisied, look at picrel map, all of city settlement was firstly Polish. And you may think that "okay, but what about later cities?". There were no later cities in Silesia, all of them had germanisied names.

German cities with first German form of city were only in duchy of Prussia (recently in Poland) because Teutonic order were colonising these territories.

Attached: 4.jpg (600x526, 170K)

Prag
I guess there were some towns funded by Germans during the Ostsiedlung, but most were in fact founded by Slavs

>all of Silesian cities are germanisied
were germanised*

Why do they lack common sense?

>English name for Warszawa sounds close to German
america yuo are of genius

Cool, thanks, that answers my question.
What's Sczechen town (can't spell so many consonants) in the North West? It has nothing to do with Chechnia, just a coincidence?

there were east germanics in poland at one point but they weren't german

>nothing to do with Chechnia
lol
No, of course not. We only have in Slavic languages letters like "szcz" (spell "shch"). And the name of Szczecin (later German germanised it on "Stettin")

> So Wroclaw is Breslau?
This Vratislav stronghold was established by Bohemian duke Vratislaus. Bohemian=Czech.

German women are unironically ugly. Sure there are outliers but Polish women are superior

Attached: Poland girls 2.jpg (348x512, 56K)

>It is the "american decided to look at the map" episode
They are cute. CUTE. How can you be mad at them?

i wanna invade poland and claim a polish waif

this is now cringe thread

wypierdalaj

>Vratislav
Yeah I know that name. That's Bratislava. Not sure which country. Czech?

>established by Bohemian duke Vratislaus
hell no

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrocław
English Wikipedia says
"the city is traditionally believed to be named after Wrocisław or Vratislav, often BELIEVED to be named after Duke Vratislaus I of Bohemia".
Even in Polish cronicles there were no bigger places except Ostrow Tumski, and this Ostrow Tumski came into Wrocław in 1000 years, where there was a first bishopic in this land.

Again?!

wanna join?

you know, it's very hard to identify the nationality because in 10. century Polish and Czech languages were very very close to each other

Ostrow Tumski is recently part of Wroclaw's old city.

Attached: ostrotumskiinwroclaw.png (2505x1675, 1013K)

>tfw polish gramps that does nothing but be extremely rude and belittle other people

Attached: 178e709dda9fc9503605006f507c7216.png (420x420, 98K)

Oh, okay, my mistake. I checked only "history" section on the same page.

We will give Poland 1/3 of Ukraine.

you know, most of Polish bigger cities were settled because of bishopics. Church was generally in central part of city and rest of buildings were builded around the church

>odra
>oder
This made me think of something even more confusing. What about the rivers that span multiple countries. Obviously they all have local names but they all sound similar. So what would be the "original" name if that even makes sense to ask. And a bonus question, what about the English names?? Which version from which language would find its way into English? For example: Danube, Donau, Dunai, Dunărea, Danubio (kek), Danubius, Duna. Urrgh

>And a bonus question, what about the English names??
Most of English names of things in central part of Europe are very similar to German because of same family of Germanics languages.

All reasonable questions. Do you think most people outside of Europe know more about it?

Lwów is enough, keep the rest

Or some of English names are of Polish decent but without Polish letters like ś, ń, ó
For example:
Poznań --> eng. Poznan
Wrocław ---> eng. Wroclaw
Kraków ---> eng. Cracov

> Cracov
Small fix - Krakow

yeah, right it's good too.

Ever see the neutral Polish face? It is not grumpy but it is not happy just neutral.

looks grumpy to me

Attached: polak-radzi-pan-andrzej-janusz-lawrynowicz-dzentelmen.jpg (500x488, 33K)

Maybe it's just common slavic cultural feature.
understandrussia.com/grumpy-cat-russia/

Ever been to a Polish restaurant? Plenty of them in Canada. They are not rude but rather "abrupt" in their manners if you know what I mean.

Yeah my dude, Not rude I just think we are used to over friendliness from strangers when in a business setting. I hear friendliness is a sign of weakness in slavic lands.

idk man, just nuke us already

Attached: 1505649597740.jpg (1000x776, 265K)