Vincent Gallo

he legit did nothing wrong. Buffalo 66 is a masterpiece. Comeback when?

Other urls found in this thread:

vgmerchandise.com/store/pages.php?pageid=4
youtube.com/watch?v=zAuO7oUkluc
hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/vincent-gallo-sues-reporter-recordedconversations-889610
youtube.com/watch?v=UUPUxqYVzTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But Brown Bunny wasn't a masterpiece

Yes it was. Go kill yourself.

it's not a masterpiece but it's a pretty good movie. he made two movies after it but he's never released them. hope he does one day. dude is a really unique filmmaker and I miss him.

Why was he exiled from the industry anyway?

He was larping as a right winger. People took it seriously.

>larping
source?

he kind of sabotaged his own career. he could have had a career like Harmony Korine but his reaction to the reception to Brown Bunny has has now killed his career

hey vincent

agree senpai, such a good film

stop shitposting on Sup Forums you prick
go make a movie if you want people to talk about you, Sup Forums buzz is worth shit
and also you should've known that smelling your own farts wouldn't have got you far you pretentious hipster

Just do a search for his quotes. He's the edgiest contrarian on the planet. While I believe that it's an act to make himself seem more interesting than he is, I imagine Hollywood types find that behavior completely insufferable.

Brown Bunny is honestly a really interesting film I wish more people watched it with an open mind

>Sofia Coppola likes any guy who has what she wants. If she wants to be a photographer she'll fuck a photographer. If she wants to be a filmmaker, she'll fuck a filmmaker. She's a parasite just like her fat, pig father was.

>I wouldn't work for Martin Scorsese for $10 million. He hasn't made a good film in 25 years. I would never work with an egomaniac has-been.

>[on Spike Jonze] He's the biggest fraud out there. If you bring him to a party he's the least interesting person at the party, he's the person who doesn't know anything. He's the person who doesn't say anything funny, interesting, intelligent. He's a pig piece of shit.

>Steven Soderbergh sucks. He's just a guy who's sort of like...there's a whole group of guys who pretend to be making special fucking films who are just real players. Wes Anderson sucks. Spike Jonze sucks bad. James Gray sucks.

he's literally our guy

is 'watch it with an open mind' the tryhard highbrow version of 'turn off your brain'?

yeah ive read most of them i think you're wrong about it being an act though. some of it is obviously a joke like the description of his semen but he's a hardcore republican which, as you said, is something hollywood doesn't like unless the person is huge and can cater to that crowd with box office results like clint eastwood

Fucking kek.

vgmerchandise.com/store/pages.php?pageid=4
>Vincent Gallo's Sperm
>$1,000,000.00

>Mr. Gallo maintains the right to refuse sale of his sperm to those of extremely dark complexions.
>Though a fan of Franco Harris, Derek Jeter, Lenny Kravitz and Lena Horne, Mr. Gallo does not want to be part of that type of integration.
>In fact, for the next 30 days, he is offering a $50,000 discount to any potential female purchaser who can prove she has naturally blonde hair and blue eyes. Anyone who can prove a direct family link to any of the German soldiers of the mid-century will also receive this discount.

>Under the laws of the Jewish faith, a Jewish mother would qualify a baby to be deemed a member of the Jewish religion.
>This would be added incentive for Mr. Gallo to sell his sperm to a Jew mother, his reasoning being with the slim chance that his child moved into the profession of motion picture acting or became a musical performer, this connection to the Jewish faith would guarantee his offspring a better chance at good reviews and maybe even a prize at the Sundance Film Festival or an Oscar.

Gallo's public persona is Sup Forums Incarnate. It's all an act like James Ellroy.

He worked with FFC after that quote lol

>Larping

kek. He was dead serious.

He didn't sabotage shit. He walked away from the corrupt industry. He madea ton of $$$ in real estate. Irl he's actually MUCH more successful than HK.

When a mini-dwarf rich kid from Nashville like Harmony Korine flies first class and moves to New York City’s Soho in his ‘plush safe’ apartment, running around town quoting Godard with lines like, "Fuck the bourgeois", it’s insincere, it’s calculated, it’s unoriginal, and it’s the worst thing in the world, ‘trendy’. He already knows that he and his boring girlfriend Connecticut Chloe Sevigny are going to be on the cover of ‘The Face’. He knows he’ll get his run at The Angelica and be hip in Japan. But no one will ever make an important film because they saw ‘Gummo’ or ‘Donkey Boy’.

The only impact Harmony Korine will have will be on the lives of the girls he slipped drugs to, got stoned and raped while they were passed out.

ie: he named the Jew

If Coppola is willing to work with Victor Salva, I imagine he'd have no problem working with a guy who larps as the world's edgiest contrarian.

>It's all an act

Thanks Shillberg.

It's notan actat all. Vince is a legit street kid who pulled himself up by the bootstraps.

Thereis nothing ironic in anything he does.

>He's just larping goy

The shills are here.

Vincent's best friend is John Frusciante. Another unusually talented and soulful guy who walked away from the Hollywood Industrial Complex.

Guess he's LARPing too.

youtube.com/watch?v=zAuO7oUkluc

this is actually a really good interview about film

Vincent should run for Governor of California. I'm dead serious. The madman has already sued the City of LA and Facebook.

>Harmony Korine
May have initial been a plant. He grew up in a cult and his origin story of a rando run in w/ Larry Clark is pretty far fetched.

Don't think he is anymore. His lack of commercial success, him running a legit business, and friendships w/ people like David Berman make me less suspicious.

You guys are INCREDIBLY gullible.

>Just as Gallo seems to parody the idea of being a difficult Hollywood star, he romanticises the background that might create such a star. The Gallo mythology does not merely involve vaguely unspecified abuse in childhood (very Oprah), but an unreconstructed white-trash Republicanism. That, like everything else about the man, is so over the top, it's comical. Gallo likes to portray himself as racist and anti-semitic. An interviewer once asked him if he wasn't Jewish himself. "No, I do not have the Jew gene," he replied tersely.

>These views seem "real" but in fact they are a complete pose: much as he might deny it, Gallo is impeccably broad-minded. No, the reason he maintains his hillbilly political incorrectness is that it looks cool and outsider-ish (compare and contrast this with the pompous sermonising of Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins). It's an artful strategy to appear controversial, and he does his best to keep a straight face when engaging in it.

>When he talks politics, he eulogises "about what a wonderful president George Bush has been so far.... how ridiculous handicap parking is, why the Puerto Ricans think they need to have a parade down 5th Avenue, or the gays for that matter too". Gallo's hatred of immigrants, scroungers, Jews, gays and liberals is so broad and exaggerated, it's comical. Yet Gallo is serious in one respect. His hatred is not based upon whom these people are (like many rightwing Republicans, Gallo comes from immigrant stock), but how easily these people have come by success in America.

>The key to Gallo is not that he is reactionary, or even that he's just doing all this rightwing shtick for effect, but that he genuinely cannot bear anyone making it without having struggled as damn hard as he has to become a successful movie star. It's not personal so much as childish.

BULLSHIT.

He's very serious.

Vincent was also very close with Johnny Ramone (pic related).

How how is quoting some corrupt journalist (VG hastes the press) somehow evidence?

No. "Turn off your brain" means to enjoy it inherently, basically low-effort self indulgence or "fun". To approach a film with an open mind is to lay aside any biases and watch the film on its own merits; you may not even like the film, but that shouldn't stop you from realizing and appreciating its artistic merits. There are many such films which I can't say I've enjoyed, but nonetheless do value them as a work of art.

he's also close with people like Sean Lennon, and has worked with Yoko Ono.

VG is def redpilled.

>blue eyes
>looks like a spic, but not dirty
What ethnicity is this?

Italian. Duh.

>you thought you had found /your guy/
>turns out he's a fraud like every other actor

shitlibs are always desperate to pull the HE'S JUST PRETENDING card

>SAM HYDE IS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RIGHT WING

They literally have to stop liking people if they disagree with their political views. It's like they belong to a cult.

Kek. So he's an irrelevant contrarian irl shitposter?

Sure thing Schlomo. Because you say so.

VG has been around in the arts/music scene for nearly 40 years. He's known. He's not one of your nepotism plants who materialize out of nowhere.

fuck you, im gonna curse you until you die of cancer

Irrelevant. Kek. He's been two steps ahead of every lame fraud in Hollywood and has made a fortune off them.

How does he make money? Honest question?

this board throws a tantrum every time some actor says something about trump, you have no self awareness by typing that

what makes you think I was talking about this board as a whole?

I'm not Vincent. So I can't give you any kind of accurate figure. But there is no way he has owned some of the real estate he's owned w/o being a multi-millionaire. Dude lives in Malibu and drives a Ferrari.

Gallo is as fake as Andrew Dice Clay. Your defense of his public persona is so cringe that I'm starting to think that you are actually Vincent himself.

Joined the Freemasons and got into real estate

You totally fooled me Shillstein. Color me bamboozled.

So it sounds like he's just a typical Hollywood douchebag.

Scraped, saved, smart as fuck. Dude bought a fucking Lautner house for 800k!

Dude lived in basically a walk in closet on Elizabeth St. for like 20+ years.

Try again lil shill.

how come there is no wiki for get well soon? did he have them take it down because of how bad it is?

It's not that bad. Vince is good. Nathan Lane is hilariously bad.

Why was Courtney Cox so obsessed with Vincent? Think he cucked Arquette?

he blows the fuck out of the gay agenda in this

>art house
>expect some really slow, kino korine-esque movies
>look up a clip of brown bunny to see what im in for
>bj scene
is it just poor college humor or is gallo really just a hack with a short temper for criticism?

and i bought buffalo 66 used at prex because someone recommended it to me. should i watch that first or start with his shittier film?

maybe head back to prex and buy some taste

Buffallo 66 is a more mainstream movie.

Brown Bunny is more abstract and meditative. Tbh it's a pleb filter.

>Why was Courtney Cox so obsessed with Vincent? Think he cucked Arquette?
kek. They wound up buying a Lautner house too. For 30+ million! Vince should have taken a commission.

Why can't Americans understand the concept of Mediterranean Europeans?
Anyone who doesn't fall into the white/black/asian/spic/arab stereotype is utterly confusing to them apparently.

is there any serious critique or analysis of gallo? something defending him?

Nonsense. Dude is STILL making movies. He just refuses to show them to the public (ha).

Anyone actually see Promises Written in Water?

He does a pretty good job himself. Read the writing he's published/interviews he's given.

Umm tbf that user wasprobably a dumbass. Does anyone with a brain really need to ask what ethnicity Vincent Gallo from Buffalo is?

>him running a legit business
What does he do outside of film making?

>However, female couples of the lesbian persuasion can enjoy a Vincent Gallo evening together for $100,000. $200,000 buys the lesbos a weekend. A weekend that will have them second-guessing.

Anyone who doesn't realize that Gallo is a satirist needs to get checked for autism.

He's fucking funny for sure. He's like someone like Duchamp. His life isn't satire though. Vincent is a sincere conservative.

When he sued the corrupt LA BID system was that satire?

You shills are souless liars.

>he legit did nothing wrong
He seems like a legit asshole though. Like if he could, he'd snort his own farts directly out of his own anus whenever he had to fart.

I've met him. He's actually really nice and somewhat charming.

I have no doubt he's a complete dickhead to Hollywood/media people though. As he should be.

Every account that I've ever read from people that met him say he's a nice guy. He puts on an act for the press.

BWC

I jelly

He's a genuine smart guy. He's not some Hollywood celebrity. He's well known in HiFi and guitar collector circles. Not to say he's not shrewd and tough though, because he is.

Definitive proof that Gallo's public persona is an act:

>The lawsuit claims Gallo has created an audacious "off camera character" and the comments were clearly made to get into that character and with the intent that they were private.

hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/vincent-gallo-sues-reporter-recordedconversations-889610

how is him suing some crooked reporter proof that he in-genuine? He sued fucking Facebook too.

STOP LYING

Frusciante is the only reason I recognized his name. There's no way something as spiritual and complex as the empyrean would of been released under Warner Bros ecords
I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about the froosh though, at least recently

Frusciante was there the night River Phoenix "OD'd". I'm pretty sure he wants nothing to do with the mainstream media system. This is the second time he's walked away.

I wouldn't put it past Gallo to defend himself on Sup Forums. Last year he tried to sue a reporter for audio recordings that were made all the way back in 2003.

You posted the same thing ten minutes ago Comrade Shillbaum. You people are ridiculous.

Why do you have such an interest in defending Gallo? The guy is clearly a fraudulent poser.

If true then why did they let him walk away alive twice? I love blaming the Jews as much as the next guy but he is the next Hendrix, or at least was

>Tbh
yikes

Have you considered that VG has lots of fans irl. That lot's of people respect him? I saw him play twice in NYC. Both shows sold out (and quickly).

Go make another pedo thread lowlife.

Who knows? It's worth noting though that the ultra-prolific Frusciante hasn't released anything in years.

Gallo either.

Legit never heard of this guy. About to check out his 2 known films.

Will report back if the thread is still alive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Gallo's work. I think Buffalo 66 is one of the best films of the 90s. That being said, I don't care for his phony public persona.

I don't think it's phoney. I'd behave the same way if I had to deal with Hollywood/MSM.

It's not just movies either. Dude's played music with people like Frusciante, Jim O'Rourke, Yoko Ono, Jean Michel Basquiat, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey etc.

That's why he's seen as a threat. He's a legit talented artist who won't fall in line with institutionalized 'liberalism'.

Bless

jews

That's not true. The froosh has been making jamz consistently.
YouTube Wayne, people love that jam.
And trickfinger is John. It's music I'd get coked up too and rub up against Latina sluts too but he hasn't been any about who made it. I actually believe he got sick of being a rockstar.

>all that text
>literally no proof he's not being genuine
it's like the faggots who wrote that cant conceive of anyone disagreeing with them politcally

I know he got absolutely BTFO in a divorce. Personally stopped paying attention somewhere around Swahili Blonde.

He did a Persol campaign recently.

written like a true simple minded idiot who sees the world through a lens of "love" and "hate" that has been programmed into them

another good interview
youtube.com/watch?v=UUPUxqYVzTE