In 1997, Chris Farley began planning his first dramatic film, a biopic about silent film star Fatty Arbuckle...

>In 1997, Chris Farley began planning his first dramatic film, a biopic about silent film star Fatty Arbuckle, a heavyset actor who was falsely accused of manslaughter and rape in a highly-publicized trial before dying young of a heart attack. Farley met with playwright David Mamet, who agreed to write the movie. Farley’s manager Bernie Brillstein remembers meeting with Mamet in The Chris Farley Show:

>“Chris came to the meeting at a little restaurant down in the Village, and he was the good Chris, the well-behaved Chris, because he couldn’t believe that David Mamet even wanted to meet him. Mamet loved him. It was a great meeting. He said yes before we got up from the table, and he wrote it for Chris. To this day, I know that it would have changed his career.”

>Farley’s brother Tom remembers, “As soon as he heard little bits and pieces about Arbuckle’s life, he said, ‘This is me.’ It was the whole idea that nobody understands the real person underneath. ‘I’m going to tell them about the real Fatty Arbuckle, and maybe they’ll understand the real Chris Farley.'” The project got slowed down by Hollywood’s sluggish development process and, sadly, never came together before Chris Farley passed away.

Would kill to see what the completed project was. Given how much pain Farley obviously lived with, accessing that and displaying it in a movie would've been something to see.

The worst thing about Hollywood is it gives money and drugs to people who need understanding and help

shit that's a shame, mamet was on fire in the 90s

Some of the best drama comes from jaded comedians. Mamet is legitimately great. It's a big lost movie.

>“When Fatty falls down, everyone goes home happy!” he jokes, the strain of enormous pressure betrayed in his eyes.

something that if hollywood still had some balls would turn into a movie
a movie about chris fattly trying to make this movie or being it or something like this
marketable and all the "wish I lived back then" tards would eat it up
why is this so hard to think up new ideas?
fuck

Farley had a hard life

>passed away.
one way of putting it

>a good, fat, youngish dramatic actor
name one

> Found dead in his Chicago apartment after a four-day drinking and drug binge, Farley never seemed able to pin down whether his fans were laughing with him or at him. For most comics, just getting the laugh is enough. But even as the comedian’s innocently devilish, over-the-top physical high jinks elevated his asking price to $6 million per picture, Farley would self-deprecatingly shrug that his appeal was strictly limited to ”Fat Guy Falls Down” shtick. As one longtime friend said after returning from Farley’s funeral in his hometown of Madison, Wis., anxiety and self-loathing were his ”death sentence.” That, of course, and his mammoth appetite for food, booze, and drugs.

>Even stranger, Farley seemed equally addicted to trying to clean up his life. In the past two years, he was in and out of rehab at least 17 times. Fat farms, cold-turkey booze-kicking regimens, drug purges—Farley tried it all, but no 12-step cure took hold for very long. Just a week before his death, Farley made another pit stop at Hazelden. He was such a familiar face at the celebrity-friendly Minneapolis detox center, a friend laments, ”they should’ve named a wing after him.”

find someone and feed them burgers nigga shit ain't hard

John Bradley-West?

>tfw you couldn't save him

>David Mamet
anything of his i should check out?

Glengarry Glen Ross

he's kind of an acquired taste, his self directed movies have mediocre production values but his signature prose/dialogue is one of a kind

>glengarry glen ross
>the edge
>house of games
>the spanish prisoner
>ronin
>edmond
>oleanna(my favorite)

>Glengarry Glen Ross

sold

Damn, I knew he did GGR, but he did Ronin and the Edge? I love those fucking movies

young Phillip Seymour Hoffman..checkmate

He was more tubby than outright fat.

Jonah Hill

His brother Kevin starred in the movie /poltv/ should be in love with, but never talks about.

>tfw you look like Chris Farley and will inevitably share the same death

I relate too much to Farley.
I've always been the fat funny guy, but I'm a mess of black sludge and self loathing underneath the skin.

The night Chris died he called a hooker who he begged not to leave because he was that fucking lonely.

all is not lost user

His brother isn't funny though.

>Farley partied for four straight days, smoked crack and snorted heroin with a call girl, then took her back to his apartment. When they argued about money, she got up to leave. He tried to follow but collapsed on the living room floor, struggling to breathe. His final words were “Don’t leave me.” She took pictures of him, stole his watch, wrote a note saying she’d had a lot of fun, and left. He died alone.

Did she know he was dying when she left him there? Did she call anyone?

Probably not and no.

me too
>tfw everyone on callege keeps saying
>user you're way too funny!
>yeah user you're wasting your time here you should be on tv!
little do they know

John Candy

I guarantee people would be as sick of Farley as they are of Sandler if he was still alive.

Sandler's Farley stand in Kevin James proves that out.

Best Farley movie?

I liked the Lewis and Clark one he did with Matthew Perry.

Maybe, maybe not.
Jack Black adapted and is doing...OK. Not spectacular but about as good as a late aged fat guy in hollywood can do.
What blows me away is how John Goodman is still alive and having this crazy popularity surge these last 5-10 years.

Jack is a fucking sweetheart
I hope he lives a long life

I'm saying he managed to change from being the fat guy from Tenacious D to a more versatile actor.

The fact that he didn't drop KG when he got big gives me so much respect for Jack Black.

Goodman lost weight, my dude. Cut out the cigs, does a couple miles of cardio a day, the works.

Almost heroes is the one youre talking about, I LOVED that one

His bit part in dirty work was great too

John Goodman is a fucking treasure. I'm glad he's had that resurgence. He's one of those actors that always makes a movie just a little bit better.

>The music video for To Be The Best where they joke about that and KG goes berserk

I'm so glad Tenacious D isn't dead, and that their touring/music-making abilities are dependent only on when each of them are able to get together to do so

>THE SAIGON WHORE THAT BIT MY NOSE OFF!

all of his funniest stuff wasn't physical comedy though/had nothing to do with being fat. The drugs turned chris into a fool.