/tpg/ Twin Peaks General

"Fuck me Billy Zane" Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BO934i9uO1c
welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/michael-ontkean-in-search-of-sheriff-truman-jacket/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's very sad that it has come to this. Bringing something back after 25 years only to leave your loyal fans even more depressed. When I was watching the older episodes I always wondered why people said Lynch had a "cult" following because they were just so good. Now I can conclude that it's because of the terribly unsatisfying way he ends his works after all that brilliant setup. After Twin Peaks and a couple of his movies, I can say that I'm done with his stuff. A good artist knows when to give their fans some love and satisfaction, not endlessly tease them.

post mitchums

>Is Sarah Palmer Judy?
>Is the mystery symbol Judy?
>Is Cooper a spirit?
>Why did Laura disappear and scream in the red room and FWWM flashback? Wasn't she an angel or saved or something?
>What happened to Audrey?
>Where's Annie?
>Why was Diane in the sycamore circle?
>What is the threshold and why did it take both of them to the other world?
>Are they themselves or someone else?
>What is the significance of the frog moth?
>Why does saving Laura change stuff that doesn't even make sense?
>What did Cooper mean by they are living in a dream
>What happened to Chet?
>What year is it?
> why was Sonny Jim a Mexican?

Hello Buella

>I'm a virgin!

What did she mean by this?

Why is coops face super imposed after he sees naido?

Can we trust anything after that point?

>im a virgin
what did she mean by this

he won't be doing much more anyway. he's about to die.

I can't believe how fast /tpg/ is already dying

I guess nobody cared about this show after all
Joke of a series and fanbase lol

Got a Lost Highway-vibe from e18. Very cool. And with a smack in the stomach at very the end. Lovely!

I love how Audrey was handled in the return, I was sick of her shit in the original and seeing normies cry about it is so cathartic.

here's your (you)

>seeing coop as coop talk with (a) sheriff Truman one last time

captcha Gerard

>Can't die now. I have fish images on Google to stare at.

Defend these Lynchdrones
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing (Only Diane and Audrey were raped and only offscreen, green glove man doesn’t use his STD-proof glove and super strength to fist James)
>horrible dialogue that’s unoriginal or just bad ("fuck you, albert" “I was raped by Cooper” “Holy shit dougie your cock is 13 inches long” “Wilson so help me God if you fuck up one more time I will skull your entire family to death and ship your ass out Guantanamo Bay to get gangraped for the rest of your miserable life”,etc. )
> flat, one-dimensional characters (Major Briggs, Phillip Jeffries)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose (Homeless men raping people in the 1950’s, security guards running off to masterbate in New York alleyway’s, etc.)
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks yucky)
>roadhouse scenes (Not enough Eddie Vedder, everyone didn’t ask when Eddie Vedder isn’t on screen ‘Where is Eddie Vedder and what is he doing’)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking, very short descriptions of rape scenes with no use of floating heads or dog bones)
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly complex or "deep" (Cooper clearly never got his mind back as Eddie Vedder beautifully sang)
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (James beautiful storylines, Harry being pushed to the limit trying to stop the love of his life from killing his best friend, Windom Earle and his genius plans and very subtly villainous acting)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>Somehow the best thing on tv

Windom Earle nesumnjivo je najbolji dio sezone dvije, jednostavno zato što ono što povezuje deleuzijsku zastupljenost negiranja u "The Black Lodge" je po prirodi (W) indom (E) arle. Mi, čista velika težnja, glavni v-Viewer, održavamo fantastično u hvatanju užitka kao "skrb", izvjesnost kao "znanje" i "The Black Lodge" kao ontološki blockchain / božanstvo. TMFAP je apsolutna činjenica u opoziciji, ali barokna krivnja WE-a (i bilo koji Lovecraftian) isti grijeh umrijeti "sada" kao na putu prema Madnessu. Uvjetni "It" (DC) ne stvara ništa kao odgovor, Earleovo ljudsko biće se odražava u njegovu opusu prikrivanja osobnosti. (Izvedeno) DO WE (& Normativ Cooper & Briggs) Nespojnost nesigurnih osjećaja je Earleov princip samosuglašavanja, zadovoljstvo - jednostavnost. U Palmeru, reprizirane inteligencije kreću se ka psihosomatskoj prijestupu. WE-ova bolest je simptom i mit, za razliku od Palmerove kćeri, njegov aktivni agent nije važan, ali "normalno", a ipak izrazito značajan kao takav, licitiranje. "Možemo, ne možemo." Predmet Earlea nalazi se na nerazvrstanoj terasi gledatelja koji su postali pisci čudesni, uopće ne uočavajući Indijanaca u Black Lodge (negacija).

Zatim, postoji Earle, nešto povezano s entitetima Lodge (nazovite ga "snagom", što? Naravno: iluzija - od tada i zbog supremacije U SVAKIM percepcijama, (rijetko i klauzurno pitanje može biti) ono što smo onda Sada pogledajte kao stvarnost, IS,) [u WE-u] podvrgavanje cjelovite slike. U otvorenom pismu Kennethu Welshu "Windom Earle" pita se što, ako ne želi uvođenje (Mark Frost) gigantski gore napisano život, (MF) uvod, otkrivenje, snove i sustav vrijednosti (MF, MF, DL , MF) tj. AS Windom Earle je u Black Lodgeu. (Rudimentarni prijelaz u S2 Windom A u obliku Windom B.) Možda će se "comfyfags" pozdraviti nakon smrti, paradoksalne smrti onih koji postojanje inficira.

>I've seen you in a dream.
;_;

Why would he have fans if they were always disappointed in him?

he reverted to Dougie mode and started dreaming a tall tale inside

Damn she aged like milk. And Cooper aged awesome.

TWAS ALL A DREAM

Lynch is an IRL lodge spirit who used the endings of Season 2 and Season 3 to collect endless amounts of sweet, sweet garmonbozia

The great irony of season 3 is that if there hadn't been this big campaign by Fenn to bring back Lynch she likely would've gotten a bigger role under an independent director. Life can be the biggest cynic.

youtube.com/watch?v=BO934i9uO1c

I've heard about you

Which one is this guy?

That’s what being a female means.

It's a show about a girl who was raped and murdered by her father. It would be incredibly stupid and detached from the reality of that story to leave you with a dumb fucking comfy ending. This is the problem with audiences. Everyone just wants their fucking shitty little nostalgia bump. They don't care if it's complete cringeworthy shit as long as they get their little nostalgic feeling. Sure let's dress wrinkly ass old Harrison Ford in a Han Solo costume for the nostalgia! Who cares if it looks embarrassing and just makes you vaguely sad inside! We have to keep feeding our inner child so that we don't have to face the brutal reality that we are grown ass adults and we have a life we need to live.

did redditors get btfo by this ending?

So what the fuck was Naido/Diane trying to achieve in Part 3?

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

>same dents
wew never noticed this before, someone needs to check Jeffries to see if it has the same dents

The show wouldn’t have been made without Lynch.

Seriously, guys. I'm new to TP, I was watching the new season and was having much fun untill episode 18 and I dont understand shit right now.

I did a kind of recap of the series, I know the whole MIKE x BOB shit, the lodges etc

From what I was getting, until eps 17, everything was fine because cooper decided to travel back in time and rescue laura palmer and make a new timeline where she is not dead and bob was defeated.

- Who was the doppel of Diane at the motel? Why she did leave him if she loved him so much?

- Who is richard and linda?

- Who is sarah palmer? A kind of god?

- Whats up with Fake cooper/bob? What he wanted with that coordinates? wasnt his objective to collect pain and suffering?

- Why Cooper gave a goodbye to his friends at the station? Couldnt he simply go back to his timeline alright?

- Who is the dead corpse at laura's house? He looked much of BOB there. His belly was nasty

- And who the fuck is Judy? In Season 3 he/she isnt directly showed, pointed or seen. Why people here is talking about her like she was the main villain at the series?

- Will be there a new season to close this questions?

Thanks

Friendly reminder that Season 3 was an elaborate scam to sell more issues of The Final Dossier

Y'all been F R O S T E D

>tfw your cute, blind, asian gf turns into laura dern

Reminder that Lynch:
>Drove MJA, Sherilyn Fenn and Julee Cruise insane
>Traumatized Naomi Watts by forcing her to masturbate on screen
>Runs a literal cult
>Raped his daughter and murdered Jack Nance

it's the same prop
lynch probably built it by hand and made subtle differences and hoped nobody would notice

Did she really mean Billy Zane?

Since it's possible they got trapped in our reality.

Season 1
>A girl gets murdered, there may be something paranormal behind it

Season 2
>Ok there's definitely some sort of evil spirit behind the murder, main character gets trapped in spirit world and evil version goes free

ok pretty simple stuff

Season 3
>WE LIVE INSIDE A DREAM NOTHING IS REAL EVERYTHING IS POINTLESS

why did Lynch do this to us?

When Lynch declined to direct and write season 3, showtime still planned to follow through with the 9 episode project.

He was interested, at one point. We don't know why he eventually declined to reprise his role in the end, but he was certainly engaged in the whole process at the beginning.

welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/michael-ontkean-in-search-of-sheriff-truman-jacket/

He kan't keep getting away with this.

>Lynch will die now

>FWWM shows how the past affects the Future and how the Future affects the past
>The Black Lodge ruling itself outside of the Time-Space Continuum
>"see you in 25 years"
>Major Briggs body unaffected by time
>Scenes showing Cooper traveling into the past
>Future changed after saving Laura
>"WHICH YEAR IS IT?"

>"HURR DURR IT WAS ALL A DREAM, NOT A TIME TRAVEL"

Stop being retarded.

To get back to Cooper.

But it was complete cringeworthy shit anyways

>Traumatized Naomi Watts by forcing her to masturbate on screen

I just checked Jeffries and it's not the same bell, although the naido one and the giant one are the same bells

SO. IS HE REALLY SO SUCH STUPID GUY?

still haven't seen one good dugpa about her and mother. they lived together!

insanity is a myth, mja said so himself

LYNCHED

10/10 pure art.

if he left through outlet 15 he would have died in a trap set by Mr. C

Episode 18 felt like being in the rim of a bottomless pit and getting your guts twisted when you gaze into it.
Now that was cosmicism, and H.P. Lovecraft has nothing on it.

The poet would betray himself if he aspired to be saved: salvation is the death of song, the negation of art of the mind. How to feel integral with a conclusion? We can refine, we can farm our sufferings, but by what means can we free ourselves from them without suspending ourselves? Docile to malediction, we exist only insofar as we suffer. A soul enlarges and perishes only by as much insupportable as it assumes.

>Who was the doppel of Diane at the motel? Why she did leave him if she loved him so much?
Did you see that sex scene. She was fucking horrified the entire time. She wouldn't look at Coop and kept trying to cover his face. The music was the music from the Lincoln Woodsman flashback. Everything about that scene was meant to feel off. It's meant to reflect that Diane still remembered when Bad Coop raped her, and no matter how much she loved and still loves the real coop, she can never separate the Bad Coop from the real one.

Frost wouldn’t have done it.

>

>we live inside a dream

Even older Laura Dern had nicer and bigger breasts than Naido.

Lynch watched too much Rick & Morty

So nobody (but Hawk) even suspect that Judy is inside Sarah, right?
Even the white lodge spirits like Briggs and Fireman.
Otherwise they would've alerted Coop not to take Laura in her hands.
Does Jeffries knows?
Does Mike knows and intentionally hides it and interrupts Jeffries because he wanted to say that?
Am I missing something?

he read the script

>Audience: "Hmm, I wonder what all this means..."
>David Lynch: "We're living inside a dream."
>Audience: "What the hell? Why are these Audrey scenes so weird?"
>David Lynch: "We're all living inside a dream!"
>Audience: "Where's Wally? We want more Wally!"
>David Lynch: "WE'RE ALL FUCKING LIVING INSIDE A DREAM"
>Audience: "Wow, what a shitty finale. Nothing was explained. 0/10."

>Undeterminable. She was the New Mexico girl and probably has a part of Judy in her, or it's Judy possessing her. Either way, she's a part of her
>Yeah
>Maybe he is now, but originally no
>She wasn't an angel per say, she just accepted her fate and was at peace. Then Dale came and reopened wounds
>Audrey is either in a coma or a nuthouse. Since everything restarted, her story is irrelevant
>Annie was just written off
>Because her and Dale were working together
>The threshold was the 430 mile destination. Once they passed the electrical cables that looked like Judy's symbol, they were entering a new place.
>New world, they are someone else. Only Dale and Gordon know.
>The frog moth was planted by Judy to infest/host Sarah. The plan with Laura to stop Judy was in preparation way before she was even born and this was her way to counter it
>Because she's the dreamer. It all literally revolves around her
>They were living in a dream. When Sarah was calling out to Laura at the end, Laura was waking up to her real life on the day she should have been dead.
>Chet is unknown. Same with Rey and others
>it's 2017 in the new world.
>No fucking idea. Probably the actor's parents did some favors to get their son on screen. Storywise? Cucked.

Mr. C did nothing wrong

I wish the Vedderposters had been right honestly

Well, that's like your opinion, man.

That's your opinion.

so Judy is the Jumping Man now?

We can all agree that Hawk is still the greatest character to have graced this show, right?

shitty ending as expected from a hack

>NOTHING IS REAL EVERYTHING IS POINTLESS
he never implied this part though. It's not that nothing is real but that everything is real.

That is some textual rotkinopill right there coming from MJA

shame about the face

Fireman was watching the Palmer residence when Dopplecoop tried to get into the white lodge. He knew.

Can't spell Hellooooooooo without Leo

Pleb fuck

Do Lynch fans enjoy the works of Wes Anderson?

Is it multiple people posting this or just one bored autistic guy?

Nearly everything has already been answered and all the general is now is the same people reposing the same pasta asking the same questions over and over even though they have already been answered. Extremely condensed answers follow;

>Cooper and Carrie Page are in 2017 (multiple confirmation from screenshots, such as gas prices, town population)
>Carrie is a completely different person who has lived a completely different life
>Audrey is in a coma. Every Audrey scene takes place inside her own mind
>Annie was murdered by Dopplecoop after he raped Audrey and burned down Briggs office
>Sarah Palmer is possessed by Jow-Daeh, she always has been since she was a child
>The girl in episode eight is young Sarah Palmer
>The two people driving the car at night are Richard and Linda, not Dale and Diane
>When Linda sees the vision of Diane at the motel that is Diane and Coop starting to enter their world. After this Richard and Linda have sex, then Coop wakes up in the other hotel
>Jow-Daeh stabs the picture in fury because Cooper helped Laura escape her death
>Cooper travels to the lodge, then to the real world 1988, then back to the lodge to rescue the real Diane, then to the new real world reality rescuing Laura created
>Mike was never good, and the lodge spirits have always been advancing their own plans involving Laura, not helping Cooper
>Carrie screams at the end because she is experiencing memories crossing over from Laura's reality

For expanded versions of these answers and more simply watch the show. It's all on the screen.

>>WE LIVE INSIDE A DREAM NOTHING IS REAL EVERYTHING IS POINTLESS
No, the opposite. Coop couldn't erase everything that happened. Everything that happened in the show happened and that's why they could never escape it.

>asian
>only makes qt cooing sounds; can't nag you
>no eyes so she can't see how ugly I am

Naido is truly best girl

unironically made me think

Okay off topic but I've been watching Man of Steel to get my mind off the emotional trauma of that ending and holy shit this movie is really bad

He was in the right. Jennifer sounds like a milquetoast redditor who doesn't truly care or appreciate Lynch's films.

Richard and Linda were Coop and Diane in the new universe, like how Laura became Carrie

lol

BUT WHO WAS HITCH HIKER LYNCH? FUCKING HACK!

OFFICIAL LIST OF /ourguys/

>Ray Monroe
>Philip Jefferies
>Red
>Steven Burnett
>Richard Horne
>Hawk

Audrey is the main thing that actually makes me mad. Her set up was small and spare -- little cryptic snippets here or there -- and then her scene at the end of ep. 16 seemed like the set up for where her situation would be revealed and/or tackled. Little did I know that that "set up" in 16 WAS her resolution. I'd be okay with her story being unresolved if Lynch and Frost left it up to us more than they did. Her final scene in that all white room seems to hold a real answer, like Frost and Lynch know what's up with her, but they just won't say. And that makes me kinda annoyed. It's not like, say, Lost, where things go unaddressed but you can put the pieces together yourself. It's just Audrey talking to a therapist midget and then flashing to a white room and that's the end.

thats ok, but that note is off, richard and linda?

Eh, he's pretty decent for a shitskin. Unable to display any emotions, though.

>WE LIVE INSIDE A DREAM is unique to season 3
missed FWWM, huh?

"it's almost like i'm living in a dream" it's something people say when when an event that it's too good to be real is happening.

All of this and more will be answered in Mark Frost's 'Twin Peaks™: The Final Dossier'.

Soon available in your local bookstore for only $19.99!
Preorder now!

Why was My Prayer playing as Diane/Linda and Cooper/Richard were having sex? It was the same song that the girl and various others were listening to in ep8. Was there any significance?

>mental health denial

Why are midgets so mad?