/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General:

IT WAS ALL A DREAM I USED TO READ BLACK LODGE MAGAZINE Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4093826/locations
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/has-twin-peaks-been-a-hit-showtime-1034370
inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/twin-peaks-sherilyn-fenn-audrey-david-lynch/
twitter.com/SHO_TwinPeaks/status/902177684817661952
deadline.com/2017/08/twin-peaks-no-second-season-showtime-david-lynch-david-nevins-tca-1202144491/
youtube.com/watch?v=TGqVDQ-7u0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for jumping man

It's a parody of what people expect from such a plotline. Everyone wants a hero, and everyone wants Lynch to do something. Having said that, it's actually possible it never really happened.

No. Everything that happens after Coop wakes up in the hotel, however, is a constructed reality. One Mother created to trap Laura and that Coop entered to rescue her
By entering the lodge long ago and spending time there, and by being someone so supernaturally inclined, he was able to transcend humanly existence. This sounds cheesy but its the best words I have. Twin Peaks and the world is "a dream" because it is created for consciousness to exist within. But outside the dream is the lodge and its gods and beings. Death is one way to part from the dream and transcend, and so apparently is entering the lodge. So basically Coop has reached his "enlightenment". He goes to save Laura. Not to remind her that she's Laura palmer, but that she is a transcended being as well, created to combat mother, pure evil. Coop succeeds. Laura, in the lat moment, realizes everything, and this realization shatters the reality that mother constructed. Coop was only confused because he sacrificed his sense of self by entering the construct and slowly becoming Richard. But it was all part of his and the giants plan and now Laura is awake and they can finally take on Mother.

Uhhhhh yeah, I'm thinking she solidified her position as human kino

If this is true I like it but Lynch loves dark endings so I doubt it

I still have several questions.

What was the deal with Chad? Why did he exist?

What was the point of Norma and the whole RR franchise thing?

What happened to Ben's secretary that wanted to fuck him?

Whatever happened to that weird guy who did the coin thing to Audrey's son?

What was the deal with Sarah Palmer ripping that guys throat out?

What was the point of Dr. Jacoby and his show?

What was the point of Audrey and her husband?

Who the fuck were those girls at the Roadhouse constantly?

Why was Coop talking like BobCoop at the diner?

What the FUCK was the ending?

CAN'T CLIMB TO HEAVEN
ON THE CRO-O-OSS

sheryl looks like lisa marie presley

I'm trying to find this house on Google maps. Wish me luck, and give me hints if you can.

Can we discuss the brilliance of the Cooper face overlay towards the end of episode 17? I've never felt happiness and cold dread like that at the same time. When it spoke "we live inside a dream" it was like the floor fell out from under me. Impending fucking doom incarnate.

Is it weird that I understood Lain even less than this ending?

>It's a parody of what people expect from such a plotline.
Great, make a parody of a story that has been building since 1990. Lynch cares more about Laura Dern than he does about the antagonist of the original run.

Well that was bad, no other way to twist it

I'm just going to forget the reboot ever happened and go rewatch the original series, I'm a simple man just give me cooper and coffee.

imdb.com/title/tt4093826/locations

There's only 2 kinds of people after last night.

People who liked the ending
And people who did not like it

Anyone who didn't understand it will simply fall into "did not", and if they care enough to look up what the ending meant, they will most like still stay in "did not like it"

The only people who truly like the series are those that can put understanding Lynch's art above caring about characters in a TV show.

First for Buddhism

That was probably my favorite part I just knew something was fucked when his face was there. It was chilling.

Friendly reminder that s4 is confirmed

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/has-twin-peaks-been-a-hit-showtime-1034370

>From a financial perspective, Nevins says Twin Peaks has exceeded expectations.

inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/twin-peaks-sherilyn-fenn-audrey-david-lynch/

this one confirms that lynch wanted to do another season even before he stopped shooting:

>If David Lynch wanted to do another season of Twin Peaks, would you do it? “Oh yeah. He said if people loved it he would do another one, and the hardest part is just sitting down and writing it. But he had so much fun this time, he really loved it. And he got to do it the way he wanted to. It’s like an 18-hour movie, so he’s happy. Let’s just stay positive. It really turned out the way he wanted it to in his heart.”

twitter.com/SHO_TwinPeaks/status/902177684817661952

>the suit goes back into the archives, to be worn at a future day, maybe, no idea, keep your fingers crossed

deadline.com/2017/08/twin-peaks-no-second-season-showtime-david-lynch-david-nevins-tca-1202144491/

>David Nevins : , “the door’s always open to David Lynch, whether that would lead to another season, I don’t know if he wants to do it,”

All people involved want another season, yes, including lynch

Lynched XD

What about people that don't watch Twin Peaks?

hey remember when Denise Bryson went from transvestite to full tranny on hormones and actually was never part of the DEA but was actually FBI undercover as another alphabet soup agent?

remember how Denise is now the FBI chief of staff and hence Gordon Cole's boss? and Gordon went to Denise to talk to "her" for absolutely no reason?

>sent multiple actors to their deaths
>used the image of multiple already deceased people
>dragged numerous people out of their peaceful retirements

For this.

So Coop goes back in time and stop Laura from getting raped. Then tells her they're "going home" but then she disappears. Where exactly was she supposed to have gone? Did Cooper dun goofed?

Who even was the retard in prison. Was it this guy or someone else? I don't remember someone like that being locked up in the first place.

>s4 is confirmed
no. there will be no more tp except for books, which you should buy

T'was a very nice touch, but let's not get carried away.

He does?
>Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, FWWM, Inland Empire
All ranging from happy to bittersweet. His endings are always extremely rewarding in an under the skin kind of way, and I don't think that The Return is any different. This was his farewell, and he set things right

Literally stole the season in the last episode

>Lynch cares more about Laura Dern than he does about the antagonist of the original run.

Same.

Thank you

I was just speaking from personal experience. It was extremely effective for me.

reminded me of this one in the other timeline from episode 11

Almost everything you're asking isn't significant enough to bother having time taken up to conclude them.

how is she so good at screaming?

Why exactly did Cooper freeze for a moment when he saw Naido? His shocked expression was superimposed for like 5 mins. Does this mean that Naido/Diane are the link between worlds?

Where is he in the superimposed shot?

I just read that the lady who lives in the Palmer house is who actually owns that house IRL.

Faggot

what did he mean by this?

How much do you guys think the budget was for the entire season

Did Showtime even make it back?

Lynch reminded her of all of the rapes and just filmed her reaction

Nice. I'll try to find this one too.

Well, then I'm glad it resonated to such a degree.

Cooper is, in fact, an epic level dun goofed

Existence itself would be better off if he'd just left well enough alone and been happy with pretending to be a retard happily with Janey and Sonny Jim

>Hawk's only role was to find the diary page, which meant nothing in particular, then listen to the log lady whine for like 5 phonecalls, then go to the palace portal place, do nothing there and then do nothing for the rest of the season

wew

So why were they included in the first place?

We're NOT going to talk about Judy

That was a Frost line I'm sure. I like it still I am just saying that is definitely Frosty.

If you follow the Roadhouse conversations it was some drunk guy who ran that one girl's boyfriend off the road and he had to be helped by a farmer. Not really significant to anything.

Fix your heart

what was the donut and what was the hole

It's like Frost wrote the corniest fan service scene of all time. Everyone is reunited after defeating the main villain. Cooper is smiling and happy and then reunites with Diane. But then Lynch does that face overlay and completely flips the scene upside down.

the black lodge, go back to early episode 2 where he is talking to the arm/tree with mike and it cuts to a close up of his face.

this shot is telling us when he reenters the black lodge in other timeline he realizes all his attempts to change time are futile, and a never ending cycle he's trapped in, thus saying: "we live inside a dream"

>there are folk who will binge watch The Return instead of having all the fun we had discussing and dissecting each episode week to week
plebs
I did that with the original series

APOLOGIZE

merrily merrily merrily

if they don't start over from fwwm and redo it again lynchian, it would be as stupid as season 2

I'd like to something like lynch/frost do Homestuck

You forgot that he saw the lodge curtains in Episode 1 and then NEVER MENTIONED IT

>the one guy who posted a screencap from this scene for weeks
step forward secret bro

Audrey is a piece of shit and nobody wants to see her awful acting.

I was so confused by this, clearly Cooper knows reality isn't what it seems yet he's mystified at the end of episode 18. What does it mean?

Mother took her away so she couldn't be used to her full potential to stop her. But Coop woke her up so things are hopeful

Do you think Coffee and Pie fags would actually have been happier if Cooper never woke up and stayed Dougie?

Cooper reuniting with Diane wasn't fanservice though, that was Lynchservice

Oh yeah hahaha

Fuck, no. they'd be spitting bile.

Charlie = John Justice Wheeler

Billy = Cooper

In Audrey's mind she had created parallels to her real life. She hates JJW for fucking and dumping her and looks at him as a decrepit midget with fucked up arms that doesn't give a fuck about her, and she's desperate to find her true love Billy, who is missing, who is nice to her and treats her well.

Mind = Blown

Every time I watch the credits, it gets more and more haunting. The look on Cooper's face...its an expression of knowing whats going to happen to him in episode 18, but the realization that he has to go through with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=TGqVDQ-7u0g

he was literally pointless nothing he did served any purpose. The letter didn't matter, his connection to Richard didn't matter, his rivalry with Andy didnt matter

NOTHING MATTERS

Nah, you deserved everything that happened to you, chad. eat shit

>what i like comes from lynch and what i don't from frost, even though i have no idea who wrote what
you ppl are the worst

>Every single thing that happens in a series must be of utmost importance

Reminder that if the Double R diner exists in Carrie Page's reality, then so does Glastonbury Grove

Cooper just has to go into the Black Lodge or Jack Rabbit's Palace or something and see what's up

That final scene doesn't mean everything is over

It means that he can't be the hero and you can't fix things beyond your power

I like it AND I don't understand it.
What do you think of that, smart guy?

He saved the day on accident by causing Freddie to break out of his cell so he could fight Mr. C
NOW APOLOGIZE

I can buy that. I would like to know why/how Cooper knew to go back in time though. It was like he knew that after defeating Bob it was time to go back in time and save Laura.

Also, did anyone else catch that when Coop said "Some things will change" that everyone stared at him blankly except for Hawk who gave him a nod of complete understanding? Also remember that Hawk apparently knew about the Judy symbol. Is Lynch implying that Native American mythology is objective truth!?

I did this then you faggots started posting leaks episode 16 or so onwards so I stopped, it was getting stale anyway, some good threads mid season though

He didn't see them. We, the audience, did.

the entire revival was a meta-narrative about the concept of bringing something from the past that everyone loves

coop going back to meddle with the past only to create a new fucked up timeline is a statement about the existence of the revival itself

It's this. Twin Peaks is manipulated by mother/sarah palmer/judy

for all the shit /TPG/ is giving people for expecting a "coffee and pie" ending, there was an awful lot of pointless fanservice in The Return

What was the significance of the Giant referring to himself as the Fireman. Glove boy also referred to him as Fireman.

Charlie = Lynch
Billy = What fans expected of Lynch

Take it easy, Mark.

That's pretty much accurate. People that like Lynch's body of work overall more than Twin Peaks enjoyed it, people that like Twin Peaks more than Lynch's other movies didn't

How is it hard to grasp that some plotlines and scenes exist for their own sake?

Id rather find the JUDY's restaurant

CHECKED and what could she possibly have been saying to him? In lodge chronology where does that fall?

WHY DID HAWK GO INTO THE LODGE IN EPISODE 2?
WHY IS NO ONE MENTIONING THIS?
IT WAS NEVER FUCKING EXPLAINED

I watched every episode week after week but binged the whole thing during the marathon.

I just watched it.

I don't know how I feel.

I didn't expect it to end how I, or anyone else wanted or expected. It was incredible, I was quite literally on the edge of my seat the entire two hours.

So why do I feel so empty? Or maybe it's sadness. Dissapointment? I'm scared anons

Lynch simultaneously loves and hates everything about Twin Peaks. He poured love into every happy, chummy moment and then went all Bob on it.

They filmed that final sequence before anything else. Probably added the red line later and forgot they already filmed the building earlier without it.

Here you go

That's a cop out

Which describes Hawks whole role, really.