Why aren't there any notable American F1 teams or drivers?

Why aren't there any notable American F1 teams or drivers?
Do they think they can't compete with Europeans in terms of technology and skill?

Attached: F1-logo-1024x768.png (1024x768, 55K)

Americans don’t watch that faggot shit

Racing isn't really a popular sport here and NASCAR is conpletely a redneck thing

Who watches formula Indy then?

Indiana

Auto racing in Europe has always been a gentlemanly aristocratic sport, it doesn't have the redneck connotations it does here.

A handful of people.
It's not really relatable enough to be popular.
NASCAR become popular because it started as just regular street cars the average person could buy racing.

Not true by the way.

Also noticed that its not just F1, but USA does not participate in motorsports on the world stage at all, only their own, insular contests.

what is Haas?

Because motorsports in US is cheaper than in Europe or anywhere else in the world. Plus they'll have more access to sponsorships and contacts.

t. Motorsports pro

>Also noticed that its not just F1, but USA does not participate in motorsports on the world stage at all, only their own, insular contests
The US domestic market for racing is big enough to be self-sustaining.

Dan Gurney & Mario Andretti are well known ones.

because f1 is european and is much harder for american drivers since they're used to driving on ovals
the US only has indycar now as a high tier motorsport after the death of imsa gtp

Attached: 1990-nissan-83-road-atlanta-1-imsa-gtp.jpg (1280x872, 173K)

>NASCAR become popular because it started as just regular street cars the average person could buy racing
it started as a way for moonshiners to soup up cars to be as fast as possible but still be innocuous and un-suspicious to cops when they made their runs. Eventually they started getting competitive about their rigs and started racing, and voila, stock car racing was born. It's a sport with a lot of tradition and history behind it but of course brainlets dismiss it as "lol rednecks" without thinking why it might be significant culturally to the people who watch it.

>because f1 is european and is much harder for american drivers since they're used to driving on ovals

Not anymore. The new owners are an American-based outfit.

and hopefully they'll bring about some much needed changes

Attached: 1521869321659.jpg (596x475, 37K)

Yeah that senile fucker Bernie Ecclestone was finally forced to retire last year and F1 was taken over by Liberty Media. The guy was basically the Al Davis of motor sports. Same thing. He held onto the reigns well after he should have quit and subjected the fans to years of misery.

Car ownership for working class Europeans wasn't a thing until the 1950s-60s, that explains the differences in auto racing culture there versus here.

Attached: Nurse, where am I.jpg (800x450, 58K)

Fuck, that guy looks like he's in the middle of having a major stroke.

Uh huh. Both guys who were geniuses at their respective sport in the 1970s, but time unfortunately caught up with them.

Auto racing is as old as cars themselves though, people were doing it in the horseless carriage days.

>thread about motorsport
>dies instantly

>random spanish neet poster thread
>lasts 2 days

Attached: 1486275314245.jpg (704x493, 28K)

We like real racing.

Attached: 1508473253549.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

To be honest, I would say IndyCar is the 4th most popular motorsport here in Brazil, only losing to formula one, stock car and formula truck. I don't really like it myself, but people here seem to enjoy it for some reason.

F1 is boring

because driving a car is not a sport

He should have retired 20+ years ago.

>alternate direction turns
wtf i love america now!

Yeah we have 3 road courses this year but we need some more or more short tracks

>driving a car
>a sport

It's extremely unpopular here.

Rally > F1

>kicking a ball
>a sport

>watching cars go fast
woooooah....so exciting........

Are those head lights on the cars actual working head lights?

Attached: track is lit.jpg (1600x884, 427K)

soy

F1 is boring
Rally is where its at

Attached: IMG_3014-1024x665.jpg (1024x665, 181K)

Andretti, a naturalised American, won the 1978 title. Phil Hill too, in 1961 and aside from Eddie Cheever, there haven't been any notable others who made the switch.

Attached: f1-long-beach-2003-historic-gp-announcement-2002-mario-andretti-inside-his-1978-world-cham.jpg (533x800, 182K)

eeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEeee...

>turn 1: only half of the drivers can stay on track
>turn 2: spin
>chicane: none of the drivers can stay on track
>turn n: none of the drivers can stay on track
>turn n+1: intentional contact, half of them off track
>turn n+2: half of them off track
That's not racing

Please don't. You'll just get someone killed

Britain hogs most of them. Not only do we have our owns but we help other countries too with our expert mechanical and engineering skills.

Attached: formula 1-britain.webm (1440x720, 625K)

Nice. I was just thinking that.

mmhhmmmmm

Attached: american drivers.webm (720x405, 2.98M)

Americans have their own version of sports and they also like to be the best or they lose interest.
Their version of F1 is NASCAR.

yes, yes it is

I thought their version is Indy car racing?

I'm not an expert but to me NASCAR is more popular.

If your country has fewer than 10 world champions then it's pretty much a non country.

Attached: List of Formula One World Drivers Champions.jpg (1046x915, 205K)

Just that Indy car racing is open wheel and no cover over the cockpit like Formula 1.

Well the point is still the same isn't it?
World drives F1. US drives Indy.
World plays rugby/soccer. US plays american football.
World plays cricket. US plays baseball.

Attached: Lotus 72.jpg (2200x1039, 308K)

all titles before 1990 should be scratched
people back then didn't have technology anyway and 2000-2004 was the all time most relevant period for Formula 1
that's when it was most popular and for this reason Germany and Michael Schumacher will forever be remembered as the best

>the period in which we won most of our trophies is the only relevant one

But many of those cars were very sexy. I love the cigar shaped ones.

Attached: Lotus-34.jpg (2000x1320, 815K)

during this time everyone knew about Formula 1 and cared about it
since Michael Schumacher left no one here cared about F1 anymore, even some other German winning the title every year 2010-2013 + 2016 didn't change that