/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks Finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AYOXAhd-HQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xTPTvZbkGUs
youtube.com/watch?v=f6YaWWnJXBY
youtu.be/Jlvy9Hib7Ww
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Season 3 was a mistake. Should've left it alone.

You'll see....
youtube.com/watch?v=AYOXAhd-HQQ

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;—
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

You will never watch a show on television again that has created more controversy, anger, laughter and sadness than this show has created.

First!

>inb4 people say Coop saved Laura and that it was a happy ending

I'm beginning to think that maybe Lynch really did rape his daughter.

She wakes up back in 1989 the morning she was supposed to be found dead, but in her room sound asleep. But since the actors are old as shit now, they can't really show it, so it's implied by the old sound of Sarah calling Laura's name on that day in the pilot. They didn't show her body wrapped in plastic fade out of existence and Pete going fishing for no reason. Cooper won, it just seems bleak.

He was right all along, /tpg/. We should have listened.

It just struck me about the ending
Lynch is all about the experience, the journey and what you feel regarding something
The ending effectively erases everything, leaving you with only the journey and experience you had up until that point since everything after is nonexistent

It was a melancholy ending. Coop does save Laura but his fate is left ambiguous.

This show.
No joke.
Fucked my shit up yesterday.
I got lynched. A positive lynching.
But i am still fucked up today.

I want to give Sheryl lots and lots of beautiful babies!

When Cooper told those rednecks to leave the waitress alone, did anyone else think of the scene where Jeffrey in Blue Velvet yells at Frank to leave Dorthy alone?

Me too man, I couldn't sleep last night.

>People think Coop won or that this was a good end

Jesus, he looks utterly bewildered in the final scene. The double face part is when he realizes shit went wrong and then he is just stuck going through the motions. Chaos loop.

>Cooper won
Did he though?
Or does Laura just wake up to continue the nightmare of her life being raped by Leland/Bob?

someone explain the ending?

We live for just these twenty years
Do we have to die for the fifty more?

Hugs, not fugs!

Bob was destroyed by the green glove.

The double face part is him transcending reality.

He didn't deserve this ;_;

He still did the right thing even if he didn't understand it.

youtube.com/watch?v=xTPTvZbkGUs

The fact that she lets out a bloodcurdling scream and the lights violently explode makes me think otherwise though. Coupled with Cooper's confusion and the melancholic reshowing of her whispering to Cooper in the credits, I really think people are misinterpreting it.

Nearly everything has already been answered and all the general is now is the same people asking the same questions over and over even though they have already been answered. Extremely condensed answers follow;

>Cooper and Carrie Page are in 2017 (multiple confirmation from screenshots, such as gas prices, town population)
>Carrie is a completely different person who has lived a completely different life
>Audrey is in a coma. Every Audrey scene takes place inside her own mind
>Annie was murdered by Dopplecoop after he raped Audrey and burned down Briggs office
>Sarah Palmer is possessed by Jow-Daeh, she always has been since she was a child
>The girl in episode eight is young Sarah Palmer
>The two people driving the car at night are Richard and Linda, not Dale and Diane
>When Linda sees the vision of Diane at the motel that is Diane and Coop starting to enter their world. After this Richard and Linda have sex, then Coop wakes up in the other hotel
>Jow-Daeh stabs the picture in fury because Cooper helped Laura escape her death
>Cooper travels to the lodge, then to the real world 1988, then back to the lodge to rescue the real Diane, then to the new reality that rescuing Laura created
>Mike was never good, and the lodge spirits have always been advancing their own plans involving Laura, not helping Cooper
>Carrie screams at the end because she is experiencing memories crossing over from Laura's reality

For expanded versions of these answers and more simply watch the show. It's all on the screen.

Yeah. I was really bothered. Not in a (the ending was shit way)...it was just the most unnerving thing i have ever seen.

What I don't get is why did they cut to the lodge after Laura disappears and screams? Why did Cooper return there? How did he get back there? It just doesn't make sense.

Why did seeing Naido trigger him so hard?

Yes he did, fuck Cooper
He should have left Laura alone, every time he tries to save her he makes things worse for her

Coop saved Laura. She woke up, but screamed because of the pre-existing trauma of being possessed by Bob returned. Since Bob is dead, she will have a chance to repeat her life again.

Maybe Coop is fucked though. I mean, Jeffries got turned into an eternal kettle and he dindu nuffin

Look David you can't just un-murder someone like that

>cooper won

Stop shilling this

It was just a lot to process all at once, definitely the finest Lynching I've experienced to date.

I can see that

he has no purpose without laura
it had to end this way

the road to hell is paved with good intentions

I had a dream last night where I was suspected of having killed Laura Palmer so I was dragged into a basement and threatened despite insisting on being innocent since she wasn't killed but they kept going anyway and tied me to a chair, Just before they could inject me with something, Andy/Coop/my dad as in one person but it seemed like it was all three of them in one burst into the room, kill or otherwise neutralise my captors and then we start talking about something and I wake up
I may or may not also have been Cooper in my dream

It's the journey not the destination, etc.

this. the atmosphere and end credits were far too bleak. i don't know why people are seeing anything but a hopeless ending.

Same. Not only did it take me hours to fall asleep because I kept seeing Sheryl Lee screaming and hearing it, but today I couldn't focus on my uni work at all, thank god it was a holiday at least

I could never trust a man who willingly riced himself.

Realizing Dale failed (or however you want to interpret it) as he kept asking questions to the owner was brutal

Or he's never been good at endings, it why all he does ends nearly the same.

>got a light

Saving Laura was the Fireman's plan, not Cooper's.

Some of that is right but some of it is wrong.

But I want to give Sheryl loving respectful procreation to further her genetic line with beautiful children for her to care for, not fug her!

If we take this interpretation to be true, does that mean one punch Chav punching BOB in the future retroactively makes Leland in the past un-possessed? Or does Cooper breaking time and saving Laura from her murder only end with her having to live with her father plus the rapist spirit that resides in him?

To be fair we don't know how much Philip fucked around with reality before meeting his fate

He could very well have tried to do something like what Cooper did, repeatedly until it broke him

Naido was evil. Probably in cahoots with Judy/evil entity.

She fucked coopers shit up.

True Ending has been found
Vedderfriends never lie
youtube.com/watch?v=f6YaWWnJXBY

He only wanted to help :(

>When you realize you broke time and sent yourself into an alternate reality where everything you know is false

This, and its not even anything new. Even in FWWM he tried to fuck her life up (with good intentions) by telling her not to take the ring

Can someone please explain this to me? I don't get it.

Well, if he changed reality by preventing her death, wouldn't he no longer exist in that reality? Maybe he ended up back in the lodge because he still ends up in the lodge even though he prevents Laura's death. He'd of still handled the Teresa Bank's murder.

But you will need to penis in vagina to make said procreation happen and penis in vagina is to fug

Do you agree?

Personally, I think it may be. This was the first "TV show" to be pure art. I've never seen anything like it.

So what the fuck happened to Audrey? Given how the series ended, why bother having her scenes in the show in the first place?

Would you smell the old dust coming out her ass?

White women age like shit.

I still get fucking chills thinking about that ending

it hurt so much. why does lynch hate this character so much?

Is there anybody that came out of this without their existence being revealed as horrible, empty or futile?

Coop is a cosmic level fuckup, all your waifus are terrible people or trainwrecks, others are either sick or dead.

The only victor is entropy.

But why is it the same scene as before?

In the reality where Laura died.
But what about the reality where she doesn't die?

I think she's a link of sorts. Cooper face stays there superimposed and then says "We live inside a dream". Same line that Jeffries says in FWWM

>I've never seen anything like it.

I feel the same, and yet the most amazing thing is that this is exactly how most people felt seeing the original run 25 years ago (especially the S2 finale - which feels almost quaint in its Red Room weirdness now). Lynch truly did it.

I'd like to hear how the people who think he saved Laura and woke her up interpret that

The only argument I've seen is "it was lodge spirits trying to trick him" which is fucking stupid because you could use that as an answer to anything

There's about a 40% chance your dream is canon.

She disappears from Cooper after they show it. I think it seemed to imply that Cooper wasn't actually able to save her.

When Cooper exits the Lodge and finds Diane, he seems somewhat happy and excited rather than someone on a mission. His dialogue about crossing over and such seems to imply that they're going to have a new life, rather than just trying to save Laura (why would he even bring Diane along?)

Once he leaves the hotel room in the morning he just seems all kind of fucked up. He's acting more like the doppelganger and doing weird shit like putting guns in deep fryers.

Bob's destroyed for good in every single reality.

I just put together that "Richard" and "Linda" are the names the Fireman said in episode 1.

>Cooper and Carrie Page are in 2017 (multiple confirmation from screenshots, such as gas prices, town population)
Wrong. It was filmed a couple years ago.
>Audrey is in a coma. Every Audrey scene takes place inside her own mind
Pure speculation.
>Annie was murdered by Dopplecoop after he raped Audrey and burned down Briggs office
Pure speculation.

THIS someone please explain

holy shit confirmed it has ben friendly reminder that life gets back never Cooper It has been confirmed that

Not to mention Carrie's face darkening as she realizes this guy is totally wrong about everything

That scene crushed me as much as the scream did

Their names are Chalfont and Tremond, they are clearly lodge spirits trying to confuse him.

This is our best proof there will be a season 4 or movie.

Time isn't linear/very awkward in the lodge. Some moments seem to happen simultaneously, like the Dougie tulpa and Diane tulpa being told they were manufactured.

I'm just wondering what did my subconscious mind mean by it?
Is it another Lodge vision?

Why do so many people skip over the fact Cooper just randomly returns to the lodge and then leaves again but he was already out of the lodge? Why do people ignore the fact that Diane was there but how would she know to be there?

You see what you want to see. This shit is so open to interpretation it's not funny. I'm in the camp that Cooper saved laura. He followed the clues left by the giant in episode one and although it was unsetteling to see, to me all that happened was lauras scream snapped her out of that reality and it winks out. the end.

no. evidence that lynch doesn't give a fuck

>People really think this was setting up a season four

Lynch is done. This is finished. Mark's book might tidy up some of the loose ends.

It's clear Lynch has no intentions of catering to people who want all the answers.

She's slowly realizing who she is again, I don't see how people are interpreting this ending as bleak and sad.

She's still a woman who deserves to be loved user

too used to reused scenes by that point

That's not nice user, she has a blood disease.

wew

>Wrong. It was filmed a couple years ago

>It's impossible to film something that takes place in the future

It means YOU ARE the dreamer. Dream a dream of kindness. Dream us a happy ending.

WHEN THE FUCK IS THAT MOVIE GETTING A GENERAL RELEASE

I WANT MORE SHERYLKINO REEEEEE

My guess was that audrey died in the explosion. Got stuck in some other twin peaks dimension. Probably where coop and laura are. Audrey awoke and realized she was herself not...whoever she was before. Billy, chuck, Charlie are from that alt world.

youtu.be/Jlvy9Hib7Ww
like my video frenlos

Who is to say Leland was possessed by Bob when he raped Laura? I was discussing with a friend and we speculated that Bob was a mental projection so that Laura could pretend this monster was raping her and not her dad. She projected him into existence

Also explains why Bob haunted Sarah. Letting her know a monster still lived in her house

I don't care what anyone else says the bad CGI gives the show an extra spookyness. This shit kind of creeped me out when I saw it.