It's interesting to note how many other people you can find just by following one actor

It's interesting to note how many other people you can find just by following one actor.

I originally saw Michael Fassbender in First Class, and his performance in key sequences blew me away. I wasn't expecting scenes like Magneto Hunting Shaw or the Satellite Moving, or the acting to accompany them, a credit to the writing and directing too.

So right from 2011, you can look back at performances like Inglorious Basterds (admittedly an awful film, but everybody involved in THAT scene was fantastic, including Tarantino) and especially Steve McQueen's Hunger. Shame follows later in 2011, Prometheus the year after, 12 Years A Slave and narration of "1" (a Formula One documentary, fantastic btw) in 2013, and Frank in 2014.

Then you get to 2015, and the renaissance has begin. Slow West, Macbeth, and Steve Jobs all in one year. Slow West reveals actor Ben Mendelsohn and director John Maclean. Macbeth introduces director Justin Kurzel, and his brilliantly haunting jazz musician brother Jed, as well as Sean Harris (who co-starred in Prometheus, and the later project Trespass Against Us). Steve Jobs becomes what is arguably Fassbender's best performance, utilizing Sorkin's script and fantastic co-star performances from Winslet and Jeff Daniels.

It just keeps happening. He comes in to give the only worthwhile performance in X-Men Apocalypse in 2016 and play a tragic gypsy in the aforementioned Trespass Against Us, where Brendan Gleeson and Sean Harris (among others) also shine. Followed by dual roles in Alien: Covenant, showing an even extended vocal range and some of that Shakespearean delivery between David and Walter, and Assassin's Creed.

Pre-release for The Snowman (presumably later this year) is pretty low key so far, but I'm optimistic given the source material and the crew as well as the cast.

Oh, i get it
D'aww Man With Everything Want Hug!

Intresting thread but what should we discuss? Make a tldr.

He's getting married to that White girl btw. Black women on suicide watch.

I'm afraid you've lost me.

I dunno, that's not up to me. Fassbender in general, I guess?

*ahem*

are you michael fassbender?

It's a possibility.

I want an Iliad movie with him as Odysseus, en Affleck as Achilles and Hugh Jackman as Agamemnon.
Christian Bale is Hector, Jared Leto is Paris. Cast some big titted model as Helena but don't give her any scenes.

FIsh tank was also pretty good, He comes across as a very likeable guy despite beating up his girlfriends

>Inglorious Basterds (admittedly an awful film
Stopped reading. Come back when you're out of your "edgy Tarantino hating phase". Discovering Fassbender from a fucking X-Men film should have been my first clue.

He is ok, but everything he has ever done is pretty shit.

Like x-men first class i thought was gonna restart the franchise in a grear way but it ends as Jennifer's Lawrence vehicle. Fuck that.
Shame was just sentimental bullcrap.

I believe in general theres not a lot of alternatives for good projects.

He played himself in Song to Song and I like to think that was in atonement.

>Beer... m'dear?

What did Fass mean by this?

He's one of my favourite actors, I've enjoyed every film I've seen in him and I wish him well

He's basically the Christopher Lee of the new generation, which is funny because he replaced him as Magneto.

>He's basically the Christopher Lee of the new generation, which is funny because he replaced him as Magneto.
user, please be joking.

I am.

>Like x-men first class i thought was gonna restart the franchise in a grear way but it ends as Jennifer's Lawrence vehicle
I'm still pissed off about this. This god damn fridge with a marshmallow face ruined what could have been the renaissance of capekino

Thank you.

How do you guys feel about Logan? Since that basically rebooted the franchise again. And many refer to it as capekino.

>ctrl + f
>sands
>0 results

sands is pure, pure kino. one of the most incredible films I've ever seen.

>Shame
That movie is called Captain Cunnilingus in my country.

>Since that basically rebooted the franchise again.
It's its own separate movie, it doesn't reboot anything considering there's a new X-movie in the works, it's just a swan song to Jackman's career as Wolverine.
>And many refer to it as capekino.
Those people are idiots who regurgitate buzzwords to look smart. Also it had a weak third act.

pretty good movie. Though I prefer my Xmen movies to e more optimistic. First Class was so fucking close to hitting that but then there was a giant drain of screen presence every time Jlaw was onscreen and she completely failed to carry her storyline which would have served as the movies spine.

Are you serious? That does not even sound like a real title.

Perhaps you didn't find anything BECAUSE THERE IS NO FASSBENDER FILM CALLED SANDS.

Why have all of his films been shit recently?

tl;dr
well not all of it
Saw him first in Inglorious, best scene in the movie, coolest character too.
First class was also breddy good, had the best scene when he goes to the pub and speaks in German, it was amazing.

>t. (((yoo lover)))

AC was great.

Actually
im going to support OP here

First class was the best xmen movie made, definitely a top 5 in hero movies ever made.

Fassbender deserved a fuck ton of credit for this, as does james macavoy.
This also was my favorite role fassbender has ever played in.

You're funny

You forgot about band of brothers, that was his breakout role u GOOF

Not to discredit superhero movies, but if your favorite role of his is a superhero movie, either that was a DAMN good movie or he has not been in very many good movies.

Gotta set yourself up for life while you're hollywood popular (its fickle) aferward so you can star in nothing but arthouse films

such a beautiful man

Like Gosling.

Also like Gosling.

his best film desu and the reason why it was a success

have you seen the movie though?
It was surprisingly well done.
them being mutants was just another dimension, could have been a great movie even if it wasn't fantasy.
the character development was really good.
and mcavoy and fassbender are really talented actors

What the fuck? I assume you mean a success in terms of quality because that was a HARD flop.

I plan to since I've liked every Vaughn movie I've seen so far, but I haven't yet. I'll take your word for it though.

I wonder if he regrets doing that movie

ill pay you a hundred bucks if fassbender isn't your man crush after watching it.

>Captain Cunnilingus
That sounds like a movie about pusyposter

pusyposter sounds like a shitty forced meme

Ruined.

Is this a new pasta?

no just some fag crushing on Fassy.

In First class was the first time you saw Michael Fassbender? Really?

he probably doesn't remember he was in 300

Yeah, nobody seems to remember him in that role. I blame the hair.

>Unironically thinking Tarantinois good