Doctor Who General /who/

Thank you for your service edition

Died attempting to steal oil from some brown people: o7

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/0qf5e4w8af48mw5/shit trips Vol 2 Fin Ver.pdf
mega.nz/#!p08njCCI!40J2weokq3G1yx53PlkPTeAIbgwTh32fTT4LBwnmPLk
archive.is/7eSsd
metro.co.uk/2017/08/21/doctor-whos-peter-capaldi-says-hes-open-to-returning-to-the-show-if-it-was-the-right-time-6868057/
radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-09-04/peter-capaldi-leaves-doctor-who-could-he-return/
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Darren_Plant
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder Shit Tripes Vol 2 is here

mediafire.com/file/0qf5e4w8af48mw5/shit trips Vol 2 Fin Ver.pdf

mega.nz/#!p08njCCI!40J2weokq3G1yx53PlkPTeAIbgwTh32fTT4LBwnmPLk

Replying in case you delete it.

How has your day been /who/?

Bad, the OP is shit and not related to Doctor Who, and racially charged, and not Shit Trips themed, god it's just a terrible OP.

Busy building a template for STVol.3, and I got an interview for an internship.

>racially charged
What?

It's pretty obviously making fun of Cleti
(this is a sage)

Randomly mentions

>Thank you for your service edition
>Died attempting to steal oil from some brown people

Politics and race issues.

Struggling with cravings. I really want some candy but I shouldn't be spending money on candy, and eating too much sugar is bad anyway, but candy sounds really good right now.

Also trying to find a video game to play now that the event in the MMO I was playing is over.

Congratulations, good luck!

Reminder that Adam.

Ever make that 9 spongegar meme?

Play the adventure games.An apple or something might be the closest substitute IDK but there's probably some guide somewhere on sweet cravings

Thanks, I really need that job. At least I got my freelance work.

I'll do it only if I can make it ironic.

On the stream last night I was surprised to see like 5 people say they don't drink (let alone do other drugs), I don't know if it's a cultural or age thing but it certainly surprised me. Obviously I do.

So, /who/, do you drink and/or do other drugs?

Go for it.

Do you draw any /who/ stuff?

Why do you do drugs Neo? I've gotten drunk before but I never enjoy it very much. Don't like the taste and the effects make me feel very ill. Last time I got drunk I ended up getting very tired and went to lay down, then threw up on myself because I was too drunk to get myself to the toilet.

I don't do drugs because I don't want it to show up on a drug test if I apply for work.

On Clom, trumps are inevitable.

>be me
>24 year old virgin
>go to college
>study useless humanities subjects
>meet a girl in english literature
>pretty ugly so she's in my league
>great personality though
>she likes doctor who
>her favorite doctor is 12 just like me
>we get to know each other
>one day i work up the courage to ask her if we can be bf/gf
>"you're more like a best friend to me user, sorry"
>pretend not to be seething mad
>invite her over for dinner
>explicitly say it's nothing romantic
>i make pasta with special sauce
this is where i fucked up guys. i thought if i put the special sauce in it she would like me. because she would have a part of me inside her and absorb the love. or something like that. i don't know what i was thinking i was just so pissed off at her.
>she doesn't like the pasta much
i think she knew from the smell what it was. she hardly ate any of it.
>we watch a bit of series 8
>things are really awkward
>i try to break the ice
>"hey, you wanna know the special recipe for my pasta?"
>she doesn't answer
>i tell her anyway
why why WHY did i think it was a good idea to tell her? if i'd said nothing there would be reasonable doubt. but i just had to go and fucking RUIN it like i always do. anyway
>she flips out
>"what the FUCK user?"
>runs out of the house
>i start to cry
good thing my parents weren't home.
i hadn't actually tasted the special pasta till then (mine didn't have cum in it) so i gave it a try. god it was absolutely FOUL. it just made me cry more. apparently she's looking to get a restraining order on me. the worst thing is she left her art book at my place and i don't know how i can give it back, if i even should

what do i do, /who/?

Well I did do all but one cover to Shit Trips Vol. 2, also did some art for my Doctor Who AU story, specifically, a pixel rendition of the CEV Time Lord as practice for pixel art

Outright draw though? Nah. I've learned that drawing is not my strong suit, at least with a tablet. With pencil and paper I'm a bit better but not by much.

I drink, not that often but when I do I kinda don't stop. Tried weed once ages ago, but otherwise no drugs.

do you use caffeine?

I don't drink excessively, but getting tipsy helps me be less socially awkward and is pretty entertaining.

lol

There we go. I made it accurate to Series 1, too.

Anyone got an alternate link to classic who episodes, cancerous ISP just blocked archive.is what a fucking joke.
Oh I really like those covers! You're pretty talented

I have caffeine semi-regularly because it's useful and in a lot of tasty things.
I do some other ones now and again in social settings where they're fun.
I enjoy the taste and effects of alcohol, especially with mates, and it's a common social thing to do here. I know my limits very well so I don't have any worries about that.

For sure.

archive.is/7eSsd

ahaha THANK YOU

vk.com
/doctorwhoclassic

Link doesn't work that's the one they've blocked RIP

Better version

Damn, I only skimmed over what you said and gave you the same link you said was blocked, very much my bad!

RTD no! Pls stop!

Knowing /who/ it wouldn't surprise me if this is real. However it also wouldn't surprise me if it was fake.

(you need to make an account to access videos)

thanks

i'm seriously fucked. what if she tells my parents and they boot me out of the house?
they're the type of people to really care about that kind of stuff. not to mention the legal consequences. can i make it up to her?

Gracias user, have an early draft of next volume's cover.

It looks bare now but trust me when I say that it'll be better once S11 starts airing and we've a bit more material to work with

You deserve the legal, and any other, consequences. You're not a kid, your actions have consequences. Deal with them like a man.

>can i make it up to her?
Yes. Make her another dish of pasta, but this time use your own blood as sauce. It shows that you're willing to undergo pain and sacrifice part of your body for her love.

I thought I might as well go ahead and make a decent shitpost out of it.

>implying S11 will start airing before September 2018

How do you feel about Jodie being the Doctor (doctoress?). I want her to absolutely shine in this role, but deep down in my guts I have this feeling she will be super shit after Capaldi. And this is new to me as I didn't have this issue before.

It doesn't matter why it's illegal. You're not more important than everyone else. You face the same laws as everyone else. Stop hamstering and making excuses like a child, and the face the consequences of your actions.

if you're serious, which i suspect you aren't, but if you are: kys

I'm very happy you came around.

>How do you feel about Jodie being the Doctor (doctoress?)
There's no "doctoress", women that are doctors are still called doctors.

And there's only like a minute of her in-character, so I'm not really going to judge her off that. She's a good actor, and Chibnall is a good showrunner, so I expect it will all go well.

Doctor Who won't always be good for you, that's the nature of Doctor Who, so even if it isn't to your taste, you can disengage with Who for a while, or enjoy past stuff/extended media, and maybe the era after 13 will be more to your liking. Hopefully you'll enjoy it though!

I liked her in Adult Life Skills.

I'm skeptical that any decent actor would make a truly shit Doctor as long as they had fun with it and gave it 100%. It's worth remembering that (even if she had favoritism from Chibnall for being in his previous show) she still did a tryout for the part in front of multiple people, which presumably went well.
Will she be quite as good as Capaldi? Probably not, but that applies to most actors.

Neat pasta

What about Richard E. Grant in scream of the shalka?

The original intention was to have 9 be the spongar, as he was in that pose, not put spongar in 9's place.

He most certainly did not give it 100%. He didn't even give it 50%.

*blocks your path*

*strangles you*

uuuuh where's Colin?

I think even in the middle of production, the Shalka staff knew about RTD wanting to make NuWho and gave up after realizing they wouldn't be the new era of the show.

the pledge of allegiance is literal indoctrination and I will never understand why america has such a hardon for it

All national cultures are cults to some degree.

Ugh, imagine if RTD never pitched NuWho, and we were stuck with Newgrounds-tier animation and Richard E Grant sleeping through his lines.

anyone else see that thing where capaldi said he likely wouldnt come back for BF or multi doctor stuff? pretty sad about it ngl

I'll repost in this thread:

21 August: Capaldi says he's open to returning to the show in future (like anniversaries)

metro.co.uk/2017/08/21/doctor-whos-peter-capaldi-says-hes-open-to-returning-to-the-show-if-it-was-the-right-time-6868057/

>‘I love Doctor Who, so it’s great to be in it. But I think there comes a time… when you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go, and leave it behind and let it get on with itself.

>‘Maybe in some years’ time, I could pop up again. I’m quite happy to do that.’

>‘One doesn’t want to… it should never be a casual thing. It has to be special. That’s one of the things I love about Doctor Who – when it connects with its past, which it has an increasing amount of. When it touches its own past, it’s an electric moment. But if we all keep showing every season, it’s not!'

4th September: Capaldi is much more hesitant on the idea.

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-09-04/peter-capaldi-leaves-doctor-who-could-he-return/

>'I think when you should go, you should go. Even when I was a kid I believed [the Doctor] was this weird and wonderful thing, so if he kept showing up all the time in Big Finish or in multi Doctor stories he was more available.'

>'I don’t know. Maybe. But not for a while.'

Both times he points out that overdoing returns dulls the effect and magic of the show, but he seems much more generally down on the idea in the second interview (even specifically pointing out returning to Big Finish as not necessarily a positive thing). I imagine he likes the mystique around the first 3 Doctors more than the much greater 'presence' of some of the later ones.

My impression is that I think he would be open to anniversaries like the 60th if the script was very good, but he might honestly turn it down if he doesn't feel the story was great or served 12's character well. I don't see him particularly open to Big Finish. I don't think he'll do them. I don't think he'll even really consider it for a proper long while.

Why, this rustles my jimmies.

> the Twelfth Doctor said he wasn’t too fond of stories that invite back former Doctors
>capaldi's last episode is a multi-doctor story, and capaldi himself was the one who suggested to get david bradley

???

Yeah, I think Capaldi's words in that article aren't set in stone. I can't imagine him turning down the 60th. He's too much of a fan to do that.

I mean, he gave specific reasons for his attitudes on multi-Doctor stories, it's not like he has a blanket dislike of them. He made actual points

>it should never be a casual thing. It has to be special

>Even when I was a kid I believed [the Doctor] was this weird and wonderful thing, so if he kept showing up all the time in Big Finish or in multi Doctor stories he was more available.'

>That’s one of the things I love about Doctor Who – when it connects with its past, which it has an increasing amount of. When it touches its own past, it’s an electric moment. But if we all keep showing every season, it’s not!

Clearly he things it can be incredible when deployed correctly, he just doesn't think it should happen often or that it's inherently a good idea

But was it? Was it that he was shit or was it that ReG just was unfamiliar with voice acting and sucks at it?

The fact ReG also barely put any effort into his onscreen appearances in S7 makes me think the former.

so saying he's "not too fond" of them is blatant lying
what's that word for exaggerating things to generate hysteria?

Hyperbole.

I dunno on that one. He was weird in bells of st john but I thought he was fine in snowmen and name. The direction he was given as a character was moody and detached, so in context it was a fine performance.

I dunno if i could grade bells though, its more of a cameo role.

kind of, but I'm thinking of a specific word relating to news articles that write stories spun to hype/mislead

Just finished reading all the stories in Shit Trips 2.

It was great! A lot of fun, clearly made with a lot of love! Really enjoyed it.

My particular favourites were
Both of McGanon's stories
The 13 Trips by Immigrant
Rob McCoy's 10/Morrissey story
/who/'s who by a random user
Chumbleys vs Abzorbaloff by Lym
Wiles and the Doctor by Cats
The Healer by Rachael Riley
The Crossing of the Crossing Paths by Dalek Kek

But everyone did good stuff. Great work everyone! Cheers to /who/!

Sensationalism?

Clickbait?

Notice anything different?

How did they cast Grant as the Shalka Doctor anyway? Did they do auditions, did Cornell have him in mind, or was he just around at the time?

This might be it? I'm drawing a huge blank here, probably because I'm trying to study for an exam tomorrow and blocking things out as best I can

stop making your subject wrong you stupid cock sucking faggot you get through the filter when you make it wrong. enjoy your trans main character

#fakenews?

Actually yeah this is definitely it, I was thinking of sensationalist

Ahahahahaha cry more you little bitch. Here's a radical thought, add another filter?

Take your ritalin, kid. Or else you'll flunk when school starts tomorrow.

No

Oh, jeez. Here we go again.

Please could you stop impersonating me.

Reminder that dead babies.
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Darren_Plant

>This gives him the unfortunate distinction of being the shortest-lived individual to ever have appeared in Doctor Who.
Well thank god they noted that detail

Christ, just fuck off already

How about both of you fuck off? It's pointless giving yourself a name if you're not going to use a tripcode with it, and you're offering nothing to anyone anyway.

DAE think that series 7 would have been better if amy and rory never came back? Like, sure we would have had no Brian, but the episodes would have been better if every episode was 11 meeting and adventuring with a new clara for 6 episodes with a completely different characterization

Picking up and discarding a new Clara every episode would get old very quickly.

The God Complex was a great ending for the Ponds. S7A wasn't, i m o. Your idea sounds fun.

Where can I find those stories?

>The God Complex was a great ending for the Ponds.
No it wasn't. The Doctor patronisingly leaving them behind in a sulk because "they might die" (like every companion ever) isn't a good conclusion to their character arc so much as it is a stepping stone in 11's which has to be cleared.

I wish a brave user could make Spongebob screenshots for every single Doctor Who story.

If you open it to the table of contents in a PDF reading application it lets you click on entries to skip straight to them.

See here! Then these instructions Opinions sure are interesting!

>DAE
you have to go back