Has anybody watched this? Better than most stuff coming out at the moment. Lighthearted with the humour & meta story...

Has anybody watched this? Better than most stuff coming out at the moment. Lighthearted with the humour & meta story. Clever exposition with excellent pacing over the six episodes. Kind of completely forgettable, but a lot of fun.

I wish Arthur didn't have so much fucking baggage

Fucking awful. Shit cast, shit look, shit writing. Will Arnett as a blue t-shirt wearing failed actor in LA would've been better.

It's great. I've been Ben Edlund fan since he was just a lowly comic book writer, and thus I have also been a fan of the Tick. Every incarnation of this character to date has been enjoyable.

pretty fun

the pilot looked pretty lame
and i've liked all the tick incarnations

give me agent Johnson!

>the pilot looked pretty lame
only thing lame was Tick's outfit which they fixed

the mask really just doent work with him but I'm happy they fixed it

Fucking love it. This Tick is just the right balance of child-like and fucking nuts.

And the villains are fucking elder god tier.

Alexa! Play ominous music!

ISSUE 13 when ?

Where are all the good villains and super heroes from the animated series?

Nu-Tick is too realistic and focuses too much on Arthurs beta ass

The girl who plays lint is pretty cute.

>tfw you put your best guy on flamethrower

It's early yet. Besides, I personally like the other characters being way more grounded than the Tick. It's fun watching his big, nigh-invulnerable ass stomp all over their "realism."

It was great, but I worry the staff is letting some of their political bias trickle subtly into the show.

>"this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirt.
>Arthur's co-worker being a stab at pol-neckbeards.

Overall, ignorable issues, but the show would be better without them.

Shame it's not getting recognition, I'm enjoying it.

It's rarely laugh out loud funny but just has a generally fun-ness about it.

Eh the pussy riot shirt just makes the douche-y ex husband more douche-y.

For some reason, Tick shouting "GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN!" right before the explosion has had me laughing for days.

The tick actor is good, Arthur just annoys the fuck out of me. He's written so badly and the actor has a face you could just punch.

>>"this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirt.
that guy is a chad who's subletting his apartment to his ex-wife and clearly wears it to pick up chicks
>>Arthur's co-worker being a stab at pol-neckbeards.
because before Sup Forums no one was EVER suspicious of the government, ever watched X-Files? He's just a conspiracy nut, that's not a Sup Forums exclusive

>the actor has a face you could just punch.

As intended.

The guy playing the Tick is the voice of Darth Maul. He's also good in Spaced.

I think he hasn't got all that many roles because his voice is just too imposing (which makes him Perfect for The Tick)

Arthur's baggage is the plot, before he was just kind of neurotic but now they've expanded that. Not even bad (unless they fuck it up).

The Nu-Tick is not cartoonish. The warburton live action tried that and failed hard. This shit's going more grounded-but-surreal which is gonna hopefully get interesting.

Anyone surprised by the direction the show went? I mean I thought it was supposed to be lighthearted but then the Terror suddenly executes those heroes and then dropping F bombs and Overkill just fucking decapitating people. That said I liked it, when's the next 6 coming out?

I think 2018, blue balls.

CLIFFHANGER!

Fuck, I wanted to see more of Lint.

Is this some sort of viral marketing shit?

It would almost have to be considering how shit amazon is at marketing their shows. Honestly I've been waiting for the actual episodes since the pilot came out so I ain't complaining.

fantastic show that builds very well. im primed for more.

see that sounds like marketing shills.
>im primed

There might be actual shills in this thread instead of just bullshit namecalling. Kinda cute.

Serafinowicz's delivery sells so many of the dumb lines he spouts. He has a good balance of bombast and childishness.

7/10 on an honest and long-spanning scale of review, it's bretty good. Tick actor is fantastic and Miss Lint slowly grew on my penis.

I really really loved the Terror. Lint was cute and already has more depth than 90% of comic villains but the terror is just so good at being a tick styled villain in gritty live action world.

>Arthur's "Dad": Well, look at you!
>Tick: Impossible!

I like that he's basically an evil grandpa

I loved that weird old asian man. I didn't quite catch what relation he was to arthur and sis but he was great.

I love this one.

I liked the Barry Sonnenfeld version. Also Edlund episodes were the best thing about Supernatural. The guy is a good satirist.

well, shit. i guess you must be right.

I have Amazon Prime but is this the only noteworthy thing to watch from it?

>I didn't quite catch what relation he was to arthur and sis
they said numerous times he's their stepdad. How do you not "catch" that.

Check out the Jean Claude Van Damme pilot too

Well he was all old and alzheimery and arthur said he was NOT their dad and they didn't speak of him in a manner that would befit a close family member. The mom didn't interact with him much and I was more paying attention during the miss lint stuff.

The azn dude was really great though even without any context. I've been holding off on a rewatch to get some distance.

Yes! Jean Claude Van Johnson will be god-tier if they make it into a series. Also, it's not explicitly related, but check out the movie JCVD. It's really fucking great.

That Giovani Ribisi thing they piloted looked watchable, the patriot, some old 2000s ish shows. Fortitude (love me some quaids), carnivale maybe (not finished).

There's stuff on there you just have to dig through a lot of shit.

Licensing issues are the biggest issues with getting them. There's too much red tape for a shoestring production like The Tick to try to get them, so they just make new characters all the time. It's not like it's hard, Ben Edlund and other writers of The Tick were making new heroes by the dozen just because they thought of a funny pun (like Maiden Japan)

Tin-foil Kevin is a subtle treasure

My only issue with Van Johnson is that the Vam Damme doing normal things is more interesting than him being a "real" superspy

That's what makes JCVD so good. It's about him, not a character.

The Terror in the comics was one long grandpa joke, but the Terror in the new live action series is a consummate, experienced professional, like that one used car salesman everyone tells you to avoid because he WILL sell you a shitbox on wheels and you'll thank him for it. It's quite a change, but a good one.

I think the weakest part of the show is Overkill; it's a running gag that has gone on far too long and he has little to no development as a character.

I liked the first season a lot and think it's got a lot of potential if/when it gets a season 2. One weird thing to me was how the show came out though.

>pilot first episode, August of 2016
>does well enough to get made into a "full" season
>5 more episodes come out a full year later
>too short to actually accomplish even half of a story arc

there are still 6 episodes to come out

I really loved the Sonnenfield terror episode but not familiar with the comics. We really haven't got a lot of Terror depth in the new series but we're fucking right there on that cliffhanger. His interactions with miss lint were pretty parental though. Teaching her to be a better evil villain while being just a sort of for-the-evulz old guy has been pretty good.

Overkill was alright so far, one note but not overly-long yet. Tick lecturing at him was pretty funny. The only interaction we've got with the feds is through him being formerly of them.

He's got a lot of character potential.

Thats just.... amazon. They are not good at following through with any of their little promotional ideas. Maybe it'll build up into full production levels but I don't think out of the hundred+ pilots they release that they'll be able to many of them. They're not netflix.

Oh, I hadn't heard that. I figured more would come out eventually but I don't see anywhere saying the next 6 are coming out anytime soon. If they come out Jan-Feb I guess that's not too bad. Regardless, just seems weird.

Yeah because amazon is a shitshow and doesn't even show schedules of its own shows.

oh shit i never even realized dangerboat was a leaf on the wind

This guy needs to be in more stuff

The show is shit tier until he says spoon

Spoon is the pleb filter.

I liked Arthur's dad. Seemed like a chill, fun guy.

He was really legitimately heartfeltedly happy to receive a book written by a dog as a present. Arthur giving him the Tick also made him super happy. Very good sweet old man performance.

Con Man is a real gem.

I should check that out, he really impressed me with his enforcer bit in Justified a while back, also a damn good Voice actor.

It's absolutely hilarious. Watch both seasons as soon as you can.

>....
Why are you doing that?