Be honest: would you guys be mad if they replaced Blade with a white actor??

Be honest: would you guys be mad if they replaced Blade with a white actor??

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=N1ttuVhGTDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd be made if they made another Blade movie so yes

>you can't make Blade white it's a part of his character!
>What about Roland in Dark tower, the character was implicitly white with even a plotline where one of the black characters accuses him of being racists
>THAT'S DIFFERENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

would be fucking retarded and pointless yes.

Like turning a cowboy character black.

I'd be mad if they made a Blade movie with anyone other than Wesley Snipes. No one else can deliver lines like "Muthafuckas tryin' to ice skate uphill" like him.

>Like turning a cowboy character black.
There were black cowboys though, unless you're talking about Dark Tower like

No it would be great and it unironically has to happen with a black character being recast as white. Untill then everything that is happening is a fascistic double standard and unapologetically racist.

Kind of, I just think it would become inherently less fun if blade was white.

Yes. I don't like switching race in roles previously done by a different race. The only reason I accept it is because a lot of content original created years ago has predominantly white character leads. I'm a little annoyed that they only ever use black people to switch though. It's probably because they complain the loudest. Hispanics and Asians tend to be quiet. In the wake of BLM shit though, I think they are starting to realize if they whine too they will get what they want. Youtube comment sections are blowing up with "What about Asians?" and "What about Latinos?" when the video is talking about blacks being underrepresented.

What white actor could pull off Blade like Snipes?

>replacing snipes

wouldnt be mad because im not a faggot but i wouldnt like it

Remember that time where being black wasn't the defining characteristic of a black character?

yes i would be. chris tucker and wesley snipes are the only niggers i like

m.youtube.com/watch?v=N1ttuVhGTDw

so Bleach?

>Remember that time where being white wasn't the defining characteristic of a white character?
You're living in it

No because he would actually pay his taxes

Sure.

But blade is not one of those characters.

Still the most badass character in a movie to this day.

I would. Stop fucking with canon.
Not to mention - who would be able to replace Snipes out of the army of effeminate faggots they call 'action heroes' nowadays?

Wesley Snipes is a special kind of crazy that made Blade so perfect.

>The only reason I accept it is because a lot of content original created years ago has predominantly white character leads
You're right, but wrong at the same time, see there're tons, srly, tons PoC characters in comics but instead of using them they pick a white one and turn it black
Gloria was a black girl love interest of Peter Parker, did they use her? nope, they turned Liz Allan black
Randy Robertson was a black/latino ribal/friend of Peter Parker, did they use him? nope, they turned Flash whatever he's now
Ganke is an Asian friend of Miles Morales (a different Spider-man), did they use him? nope, they turned Ned Leeds into an Asian
Etc etc etc

We'll never see people like Monica Rambeau, Blue Marvel, Black Lightning, etc they'll pick a white character and turn it black leaving those character in oblivion

Being Black wasn't the defining characteristic of Blade, user

Yes

But I'd be mad anyway, they got a vanilla nigga for the TV show Blade who was basically white.

matt damon. is. blade

i feel bad for kids these days though when their only action heroes are people like fucking matt damon

>Blue Marvel
Blue Marvel is fucking shit, one of the most poorly written hamfisted "racial" characters I've ever seen

Any actor other than Wesley Snipes would make me absolutly shitting furious. He's not in prison anymore get him IN there.

I'd be a little mad, yeah. The original Blade comic was directly influenced by blaxploitation movies when it was made, so it'd be really weird to completely remove that aspect of the character.

There were plenty of colored people in the comics, but they weren't liked nor were they iconic leads. They're trying to get minorities interested in shit so that they can grow up and write minority characters. It's gotta stop being put on white men to write for every race and sex. They tried writing minority men and female characters and that fell flat because they are white men, what the fuck do they know about being black or being a woman. So what's the best way to go about this?

The answer is simple and was used for Ripley. That's why she is hailed as a great character. They simply wrote the role as a white man and then said, now it's a woman. Just like they do with comic movies and shit. They don't know how to write a minority person, so they just write it like a white guy and then swap last minute.

Mah niggas.

Daily reminder that blade 1 and 2 is the best capeshit ever made

a white actor? like Michael Jai White? im cool with that.

No,but only because that stuff doesn't bug me.
I'm an adult and have been out of high school for a long time.
I can't imagine a black character being turned white(I know that's not the question)
Also anyone that says they would be mad are just trying to make a point or are pretending to be affiliated with a group they are not a part of.
Op,here is a pick of a tunnel I took while driving a semi. It was low speed,no risk.

>Hispanics and Asians tend to be quiet
You know how I know you are a kid...
You have never been next to a Hispanic at a red light,or lived in an apartment.

I don't care but there's no way that would ever be allowed to happen

>canon
>fiction made up on the go

But muh star wars prequels, I saw dem when I wuz babby so theyare realz!

yes

the implications is replacing snipes for a white guy. if you don't have an issue with that then you're a nigger

What if they chose an African albino.

Of course!
Blade's supposed to be intimidating and cool.
He can't be those things if he's white.

>But muh star wars prequels, I saw dem when I wuz babby so theyare realz!
>Yeah, let's make Superman wearing leather jacket and sandals and have wings and retractable claws! What are you? A bigot?
It is just fiction!

Based 9gag poster

Seriously. All of those Thors and Americas look as if they just wore their muscles - like an actor that got them just for the role, while Arnie, Silvester, even Bruce Willis - they look as if the strength is just part of them, not something they put on for few weeks.

Yeah Wesley Snipes was GOAT in Blade. I unironically want to see older Blade with an apprentice like how Kris Kristofferson with Wesley Snipes.

Matt Damon is Jason Bourne

>Jason Bourne: Vampire Hunter

Since I am from ex-communist country, I didn't even know that Blade was comics hero. It was really bizarre and good as fuck so yeah, I'd also say that Blade is best capeshit since I always watch it gladly when it is on, unlike the rest of the genre.

kek

YES
even worse if its a white woman.

Would unironically watch this

This. It's not the color of the actor's skin it's that they can't replace Snipes. Same goes for Indiana Jones.

Yes. White characters should be White and black characters should be black.

Only if the white actor actually opens his eyes

What the fuck are you talking about?

They need to bring back snipes the guy doesn't even look that old

Idris Elba

I can't think of a black actor who could pull off Blade like Snipes, never mind white
maybe Michael Jai White

I guarantee of they reboot the series they will replace Snipes with a black woman

Screencap this

Fuck you

Yes, I would be upset if they replaced Wesley Snipes with a white actor for another Blade movie.

t.white racist southerner

Guess it's area difference. I lived in a Hispanic neighborhood in Chicago for about 3 years. They were super friendly and welcoming. There were street gangs and some beefs with that, but the average ones were nice and quiet. There was even the street gang that was nice to me and smoked with me a few times.

This tunnel looks very familiar to me, if you're still here please tell me where you took this.