/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Did Cooper done goofed? Edition

picosong.com/wsrgs/

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

Why does /tpg/ create new threads at 300 posts instead of 500 posts? I'm hardly ever quick enough to participate in these threads.

Did Coop end up in the same universe as Chet?

I just wanted to say that /tpg/ was a beacon of hope in those hard times and Twin Peaks: The Return was the kinoest experience I've ever witnessed on Sup Forums.

Are Saved By The Bell and Twin Peaks in the same universe?

First for dat rump

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

Both of these looks crushed me

Is that Tony Soprano's mom?

Well if this is a different story with a shuffled deck, the themes may have been similar. Cooper is something of a wildcard considering he's aware of the previous story, but other characters may have been shuffled in thematically similar roles.
Carrie, rather than being a victim of paternal abuse, probably switched to being a victim of spousal abuse. He had a gun as well and she could easily have been defending herself or just had enough in a sense akin to Shelly's relationship with Leo.

This would also tie into the themes of Blue Velvet, in which Kyle plays a man who has a love interest played by Laura Dern who finds himself needing to help a tormented, abused third party.

Kyle aged really well. In a few of those low-lit scenes in episode 18 he looked like his younger self.

>Moral of the story is that it's ultimately pointless to look into things too deeply
>Series ends with master detective of both inductive and deductive reasoning becoming totally lost and baffled, not even knowing what year it is
>There is no way to solve half/most of the lingering mysteries, because obviously not enough information was provided and various plot elements openly conflict with one another
>Gullible fandomtards take exactly the wrong lessons from all of this and construct series of "omg how could you not understand this" theories about what they just saw.

Texas Laura not knowing about fucking Washington state and having

>bob, the scariest and most iconic villain of the series was defeated by a britbong with a hulk hand

Why is no one more pissed off at this?

Threads stop bumping at 315, and /tpg/ sinks too quickly to reach 500.

Still think it's bizarre how Bobby and James ended up aging more than Cooper.

For me, Bobby and Hawk aged the best.

because it was fucking perfect

Brainlet here, quick question, why did Sarah turn into a weird monster and kill that guy at the bar? Is she similarly possessed by an evil spirit like BOB?

Holy shit.

>season four begins
>black car pulls up as the lights turn out in the Palmer house
>windows roll down
>it's Chet desmond
>"Hey Coop, Hey Laura. Hop in. Let's rock"

reposting from previous thread at the edge of death, I really want to get some (you)s on this:

20 generals, thousands of redditish theories, but I have not come across someone sharing my view:

episode 17 was the perfect finale

episode 18 felt like something added in a rush

like opening already sealed doors just to shout sth you have just remembered, which only disturbs the satisfying and well-earned silence

>that perfect scene of Laura disapperaring from Coop's grasp
>that scream
>that silence
>that slow fade into Cruise

why would you ruin something so gut-wrenching yet fulfilling and beautiful at the same time with this alternate reality bullshit

she asked if it was D.C., not what Washington was. Seeing as the FBI are headquartered nearby it's not a bad assumption

Crimes of Coop
>Abandoned Janey J and Sonny Jim
>Condemn Carrie Page to a life of misery
>Is responsible for the death of Garland Briggs
>Gets Diane lost in time and/or space

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT LYNCH!

>everyone keeps shitting on coop for fucking up
>nobody considers the fact that judy might be so dangerous that it's worth altering the course of history and killing off timelines to eliminate her
Do you assholes really think that coop would go through such extreme measures unless it was worth it?

It's a free cunt-ree

Since Nine Inch Nails is used in both Twin Peaks and Rick and Morty does that mean they are part of the same multi-verse????

>raped a comatose woman
>raped his closest confidant
>raped who knows else on a whim
>cucked Hutch
>killed shitloads of people
>mutilated at least one dog
>blackmailed a loving father and husband who worked in the FBI with said dog
>greedily waltzed into an obvious trap just to kill Cooper's old friends and colleagues and fails miserably
>did nothing wrong

LAURA

DERN'S

TITS

Is this absurdism rather than surrealism?

Searching for answers is pointless because you'll never get any

Thank god you're not in charge

From Ronnie Rocket:

>(DETECTIVE) Terry! What are you trying to tell me?

>(TERRY) I don't go around explainin' the unexplainable, Buddy.

>(DETECTIVE) Oh yeah. Well tell me Terry what we have to do . . . try to tell me in a realistic way . . . using words.

>(TERRY) It's not so easy.

>(DETECTIVE) Try . . .

>(TERRY) It's a man named Hank Bartells.

>(DETECTIVE) (stepping closer to Terry) Yes?

>(TERRY) He's the problem.

>(DETECTIVE) (stepping very close to Terry) Yeah . . . how so?

>(TERRY) He got all the electricity see?

>(DETECTIVE) Yeah?

>(TERRY) And he's got the electricity fouled up, reversed or somethin' so's its around the wrong way and all the power is suckin up light . . . he's making darkness as fast as you can pee your pants and with this darkness buddy comes confusion and this confusion gets stronger as you get close to him, i.e., Hank Bartells, which you've got to do but you can't do so if you did though you wouldn't even remember your own name . . . see?

Also, pic related. Rings a bell?

Just For Men user. Coop was the only grey haired actor who got his hair dyed

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO FUCK WITH THIS?

It was pretty stupid, but I appreciate the sentiment. It was just lynch making fun of all the people who want a boring, vanilla ending.
It's like "is this what you people wanted? an epic battle between good and evil?"
For some people, yes, it is what they wanted.

sarah was judy all along

>"I Wanna Fall in Love" starts playing

It doesn't get any bluer.

Son of a bitch. Maybe.

Are we entirely sure they weren't a double's tits?

It's strange to all this arguing about whether it was a "good" or "bad" ending.
It seems obvious to me that it's all about the eternal cosmogonic struggle between good and evil with no 'winner' and and the ungraspable possibilty of breaking the cycle, that is the basis of all eastern beliefs and Lynch's philosophy by extent.

I'm willing to bet he wasn't making fun and it was just a silly idea he had. Lynch is more earnest/honest than people think. He's not some cynical troll.

how can it be rape if the women were willing? Also all the people he killed on-screen were criminals and deserved it.

>the Big Ed reflection was a mistake after all

You can't consent if you're unconscious you retard

In one of yesterday's threads someone posted an image showing that the names the woman living at the Palmer house says are also said in FWWM.
Does anyone still have that image?

IF we happen to get a season 4, which I don't want, but if we do. I hope that Laura and Cooper get left out of it.

Make it about Sam and Desmond. Have Desmond's corpse show up 25 years to the day of his disappearance and send Sam on the investigation. Dougie and LV returns, so does Twin Peaks.

If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his mind breaks.

Because it was hilarious, strangely tense, and absurd, and those things are exactly what makes Twin Peaks great.

He attempted to murder an honest sheriff and failed. There is no way to slice that as anything but "Boop fucked up and is a bad person."

What is the best Lynch film, /tpg/, and why is that Lost Highway?

GAR
MON
BOZIA

Bobby still looks youthful to me, I can't quite place why but his face and demeanor is like he's still a kid. The actor is like that too, he looks like such a lovable and great a guy.

She's possessed by Judy

she was the little girl who swallowed the frog-moth

She was telling him that he was going to doom her and him both to NON-EXIST-ENCE, wasn't she?

Audrey concented to Cooper fucking her, she didn't specify it being the real Cooper, not his doppelganger so it's all cool

He even almost topples forward.

It's both. Absurdism isn't exactly nihilism either. It subscribes to the possibility of meaning, but doesn't really know or care to know what that meaning is.

I don't know but Kyle's look in the eyes just says it all

I hated it, but it felt somewhat redeemed by this coming afterwards, like the veneer falls off and we can immediately tell that something is not right.

do YOU feel in charge?

If you look closely you can see the moment he asks the simple question that breaks the spell laura is under that frees her from the illusion Judy has created. "What year is it?"

Soon these threads will start to slow down and, after a while, disappear completely.

Posting in every thread

>Cooper didn't even bother to say hello to Albert

it fucking hurts

i like the idea that she's telling him sarah palmer is judy

his reaction still fits

Good

>stop liking what I don't like

here's your (you)

>made Janey-E and Sonny Jim's lives better, and left them with a better version of Dougie
>took Carrie Page out of her life of misery, and gave her her life back (as Laura)
>Is responsible for carrying out Briggs' life work
>Saves Diane from being lost in time/space/a japanese woman's body

I thought he had turned back into dougie for a second

He didn't really say hello to almost anyone, he was kind of pressed for time.

thankfully you posting this in every thread will continue to bump it

'You fucked up Coop, but I've learned a thing or two since I got here' *morphs into a giant industrial machine spewing smoke & sparks*

(not true, by-the-way!)

No. He didn't goof up. The Giant told him about "4:30, Richard and Linda, two birds one stone" and was guiding him through the timelines to reach Laura in the fake alternate reality and "wake her up".

Also, his doppelganger is dead, Bob is finished, and he's no longer trapped in red curtains sitting in a chair for 25 years. And he got Dougie back to his family.

So yeah, he got a partial win. At least until there's a season 4.

>she was the little girl who swallowed the frog-moth
I thought that girl was supposed to be Laura?

you see what you want to see user

She probably said something like it's really entirely up to your interpretation of how the events transpired. All we know is that it's not a particularly pleasant thing to hear.
My guess is that she told Cooper that their story will never really end, and that they're eternally intertwined throughout a multiversal plane.

fucking kek

I can't get this end credit sequence out of my head. Anyone else the same?

Just finished it
Soo what's up with the finale?

Laura was born in the early 70s. That little girl was a teen in '56. It was not Laura.

>Laura
>alive in 1945

Are you a retard?

So who was that girl that swallowed the frogmoth at the end of Part 8? Sarah?

Don't forget that Judy is furious and her attempts to destroy even Laura's photograph completely failed. The picture never tore.
I didn't get any impression that Judy won this time.

this girl is stuck inside a dream forever
say something nice to her

How many times do you think they've looped through all of this?
Maybe that's why he's so tired in the final episode

I need her jeans ass on my face

did plebs get btfo?

It's just sign language

This!

Because Lynch gets of pranking us
Seriously, he likes to mess with his fans
"So you think this would be the perfect finale, don't you? WAIT A MIN- er... AN HOUR!"

He talked to Bobby, Gordon, and Frank, but no hello for his good pal Albert.

>She's possessed by Judy [Sarah Palmer]
Yea that's what I thought too
>she was the little girl who swallowed the frog-moth
Woah

This shot was a bit much.

It was in the 50s or something.

Now that we have all the pieces, that seems very likely.

but he says, "Twin Peaks, Washington." how could she have been so stupid as to think there was another city inside DC?